PDA

View Full Version : Classic VH covering Kinks

Steve Savicki
01-27-2004, 11:47 AM
Does anyone hear any Kinks influence in any Classic VH songs, or did they just cover their tunes as a tribute to them? I assume Roth likes the Kinks the most since I don't think any Sammy or Gary albums had any covers.

Do you like The Kinks? I personally thought the Roth versions of "You really got me", "Where have all the good times gone" and possibly others were better due to more power. This could be due to upgrades in (guitar) technology.

Actually, I felt The Kinks grew on their Arista label. "Destroyer" (bass lead fraternal twin to their "all day and all of the night" which was lead by guitar) and the bonus tracks on their "state of confusion" reissue (has "come dancing" on it) show much more growth and depth than their short 60's tunes.

flappo
01-27-2004, 05:15 PM
..no

..can i lick your sweaty ballsac ?

Terry
01-27-2004, 05:16 PM
Would be almost natural to hear some Kinks influence, being that YRGM and WHATGTG are covers. But Van Halen pretty much made mincemeat of the originals. Hasn't there been a longtime rumor floating around that Jimmy Page overdubbed a rhythm track on YRGM, during his mid60s session days in London?

Destroyer was a great Kinks track, no doubt. Another great early 80s track was Do It Again. Ray Davies had said he was a poor man's Pete Townshend in terms of songwriting, but the Kinks had more than their share of moments.

flappo
01-27-2004, 05:18 PM
ray davies cannot cuntpare to pedo townshend's genius