PDA

View Full Version : Boone out for the year...

POJO_Risin
01-27-2004, 01:08 PM
LMFAO...good for the Yankees...more wasted money...

Boone fucks up his knee playing basketball...

let the season of reality begin for the fuckin' Yanks...

ALinChainz
01-28-2004, 04:14 PM
Texans: Henson likely headed to the NFL

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
Wednesday, January 28, 2004

News
Drew Henson, a standout quarterback at Michigan who hasn’t had much success as a New York Yankees farmhand, will probably hang up the mitt and return to the gridiron. The Houston Chronicle is reporting that Henson has been working out in Florida with former NFL assistant coach Larry Kennan, and the New York Times indicated that he is working with college players at IMG Academies, a training facility in Bradenton, Florida. Henson is also believed to be negotiating an escape from the final three years of the six-year, $17 million deal he signed with the Yankees back in 2001. Henson has hit .236 at Triple-A Columbus the past two seasons, with 32 home runs in 954 at-bats. He also has one hit in nine major-league at-bats. The Texans drafted Henson in the sixth round last year and hold his rights until the eve of the upcoming 2004 draft in April.

Views
With David Carr already under center, the Texans would be more than willing to trade Henson, turning last year’s sixth-rounder into a higher pick for 2004. The Chiefs, Steelers, Packers, Bills, and Dolphins are among the teams believed to be interested in acquiring Henson. He could also wait out the Texans and re-enter the draft, though at that point he would have less say over where he might end up. Ideally, he'll understudy for a season or two while he gets re-acclimated to football, and then unveils the athletic ability that made him a prodigy at Michigan.

Bob_R
01-28-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
LMFAO...good for the Yankees...more wasted money...

Boone fucks up his knee playing basketball...

A co-worker of mine told me that the Yankees don't have to pay him next season. This co-worker could be wrong (though he claims he never is). :D

bighank66
01-28-2004, 05:01 PM
It says in his contract that he cannot play Basketball in the offseason--he was and his contract could be rendered null and void (minus a cool mill for severance pay)
But the Players union have vowed to fight it if they try and do that
Who knows...

redblkwht
01-29-2004, 12:52 AM
Im hearing that the Dodgers are willing to part with
Robin Ventura back the Yanks..we shall see.
(ESPN) boards

POJO_Risin
01-29-2004, 02:00 AM
Good...let them have him...

Sheffield said he'd play third...

Jesus Christ...now that would be fucking funny...

Henson and the Yankees have yet to discuss a buyout...

he signed a guaranteed 6 year...17 million dollar deal with the Yanks...and until he buys out that deal...he's stuck playing baseball...no matter how much time he practices in Florida...;)

Of course...a cool signing bonus...and he'll be good to go...

I don't want him in Pittsburgh...

redblkwht
01-29-2004, 02:10 AM
Im hearing Miami dude..LMFAO when i heard that (henson?)
Wannys reachin if so.

POJO_Risin
01-29-2004, 02:12 AM
Let him go to Miami...

I heard a couple of teams...and Houston is going to fucking make out like bandits...for saying his name once...in the sixth round...

High Life Man
01-29-2004, 11:49 AM
The Yanks are still on the hook for $900k. Henson's a moron for doing what he did. Is a game of pickup worth $4 million?

Another name on the block is Wes Helms.

POJO_Risin
01-30-2004, 11:05 PM
I hear Tyler Houston is someone they are considering as well...

Henson had it made as a football player...what a bad choice...but hey...he's making the cash...so what the fuck...

ALinChainz
01-30-2004, 11:30 PM
Green Bay is another team I heard that's interested. I'm from Michigan and I'll admit, when he bolted the Wolverines, we hated this fuck. It's possible he could go back in the draft, but Houston wouldn't be that stupid to let that happen. Makes for interesting negotiating amongst teams. They will all play each other getting the price down so Houston will jump at something rather than letting him go and getting nothing. But someone will pay him a lot of cash too so Houston makes out and Henson makes out again.

POJO_Risin
01-30-2004, 11:55 PM
Yeah...he'll be making the buck I'm sure...and there are a ton of teams chomping at the bit...Green Bay would be an interesting fit...

Va Beach VH Fan
01-31-2004, 09:58 AM
Henson's not good enough to start at 3rd for the Yanks....

They'll just whip out the wallet like they always do and grab someone.....

POJO_Risin
01-31-2004, 04:49 PM
No shit he's not good enough...

but we're talking about the best available third baseman being...that strike out king your buccos traded for last year, Tyler Houston, Wes Helms...

they may have to swing a deal...

Who cares...as long as Henson doesn't end up a Steeler...

Va Beach VH Fan
02-01-2004, 12:16 PM
Oh, I will piss my pants laughing if they sign Jose Hernandez....

Unbelievable how much that fucker strikes out....

It's like he's got a clause in his contract to do it....

POJO_Risin
02-01-2004, 07:02 PM
LMFAO...a bonus for 200 K's...

he has his own traveling K section...which is funny in and of itself...

High Life Man
02-01-2004, 11:43 PM
Hernandez batted a whopping .225 last year. With 177 strikeouts.

Hahaha...."The Windmill"

I hate having to think about the Packers without Farve...

Va Beach VH Fan
02-02-2004, 09:13 AM
Actually, I believe the Dodgers signed him....

Oh well, that would have been priceless listening to the New Yawkers boo the shit out of him....