PDA

View Full Version : Al Franken Knocks Down Dean Heckler

John Ashcroft
01-27-2004, 01:15 PM
January 27, 2004 -- EXETER, N.H. - Wise-cracking funnyman Al Franken yesterday body-slammed a demonstrator to the ground after the man tried to shout down Gov. Howard Dean.
The tussle left Franken's trademark thick-rim glasses broken, but he said he was not injured.

Franken - who seemed in a state of shock and out of breath after the incident - was helped back to his feet by several people who watched the tussle. Police arrived soon after.

"I got down low and took his legs out," said Franken afterwards.

Franken said he's not backing Dean but merely wanted to protect the right of people to speak freely. "I would have done it if he was a Dean supporter at a Kerry rally," he said.

"I'm neutral in this race but I'm for freedom of speech, which means people should be able to assemble and speak without being shouted down."

Oh really now? Funny interpretation of the 1st Ammendment nimrod. I suppose we can count on Franken to tackle the idiot hecklers that show up at pretty much every conservative convention, right?

The trouble started when several supporters of fringe presidential candidate Lyndon Larouche began shouting accusations at Dean.

Franken emerged from the crowd and charged one male protester, grabbing him with a bear hug from behind and slamming him onto the floor.

"I was a wrestler so I used a wrestling move," Franken said.

Come on Al, I dare ya to try some of those fine wrestling moves this a way... This dude's out of control.

Link: here (http://nypost.com/news/nationalnews/16692.htm)

BigBadBrian
01-27-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft

"I'm neutral in this race but I'm for freedom of speech, which means people should be able to assemble and speak without being shouted down."

:rolleyes: Yeah, right! If someone was shouting down Bush and got bodyslammed, Al Franken's pussy-ass would be whining hard about the brutality of it. Maybe Free Speech Zones do exist. :gulp:

Catfish
01-27-2004, 03:43 PM
We can count on this "demonstrator" as being an 85-pound woman.

Al Franken's a pussy. Fuck him.

Catfish
01-27-2004, 03:45 PM
Next time we hear Frankin spouting off we should knock HIS candy ass down.

And wasn't this guy demonstrating free speech WHEN Alice smacked him??

FORD
01-27-2004, 03:53 PM
Have you guys ever talked to a LaRouchie??

Imagine Sean Hannity and Ted Nugent on PCP. They would appear sane next to a LaRouche groupie!

BigBadBrian
01-27-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Have you guys ever talked to a LaRouchie??

Imagine Sean Hannity and Ted Nugent on PCP. They would appear sane next to a LaRouche groupie!

That doesn't really matter now, does it?

FORD
01-27-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
That doesn't really matter now, does it?

Well, I don't hear you complaining when peaceful protestors are beaten and gassed for speaking out against Junior. So don't be a hypocrite.

BigBadBrian
01-27-2004, 04:15 PM
Well, I don't hear you complaining when peaceful protestors are beaten and gassed for speaking out against Junior. So don't be a hypocrite.

Nothing hypocritical about it. Can you name instances where Bush hecklers were gassed and beaten for just shouting out their spew? I think not. Threatening the life of the POTUS is a grave situation and another matter entirely.

FORD
01-27-2004, 06:13 PM
How can they threaten that piece of shit's life when the Gestapo keeps protestors a mile away from him so he never sees them?

rustoffa
01-27-2004, 10:27 PM
How can they threaten that piece of shit's life when the Gestapo keeps protestors a mile away from him so he never sees them?
They shouldn't get near him,he's the President...he gets all those extras.Secret Service=gestapo?It's the SS.:D

Ally_Kat
01-27-2004, 10:29 PM
protesters carrying signs and all that close up to where the president is can be an ideal place for someone with a gun to be to try an assassination attempt.

And if they really were Gestapo-like, they would be carrying off the protesters, killing them, people would know, and citizens would be afraid to speak out against Bush. Quite the opposite rings true in our society.

ELVIS
01-27-2004, 10:31 PM
C'mon FORD.. I want you to document an instance where Bush hecklers were gassed and beaten...

rustoffa
01-27-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
protesters carrying signs and all that close up to where the president is can be an ideal place for someone with a gun to be to try an assassination attempt.

And if they really were Gestapo-like, they would be carrying off the protesters, killing them, people would know, and citizens would be afraid to speak out against Bush. Quite the opposite rings true in our society.
Pictures at 11?Well said.;)

ELVIS
01-27-2004, 11:07 PM
Ally for Prez !!

Ally_Kat
01-28-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Ally for Prez !!

actually, we're working on a White House internship. Might go to Albany before I head there though.

John Ashcroft
01-28-2004, 08:24 AM
How's about a DOJ internship? I know where to get some cigars...