PDA

View Full Version : Kerry: Bush Better Than Clinton on Iraq

John Ashcroft
01-27-2004, 01:24 PM
In an attempt to justify his vote in favor of the October 2002 Iraq war resolution, Sen. John Kerry found himself inadvertently defending President Bush on Monday, saying he backed the measure because he thought President Clinton hadn't used enough force against Iraq.

"All of a sudden in 1998, Saddam Hussein doesn’t cooperate, Bill Clinton pulls our [weapons] inspectors out so we could bomb for four or five days. Which we did," Kerry told a Keene, New Hampshire crowd.

But in quotes picked up by the New York Sun, Kerry then complained, "That’s it. End of story. Saddam Hussein is left alone. No inspectors go back in.”

When the Bush administration presented the same evidence President Clinton used to justify the 1998 attack, Kerry said he was compelled to authorize the use of force because he had tried and failed to persuade Clinton to do the same thing.

"So, George Bush brings a legitimate security issue before the Congress in 2002," the Democratic front-runner told the crowd. "Am I supposed to turn away and ignore what I said in 1998, what I thought Clinton should have done?"

In comments that further bolster the Bush administration's case for war in Iraq, Kerry reminded his audience that weapons inspectors had already uncovered - not just evidence of weapons of mass destruction programs - but tons of biological and chemical weapons themselves, along with a thriving nuclear program.

"From the moment that we kicked [Saddam] out of Kuwait in the early 1990s, all the way through 1998, we had an American team on the ground under Ambassador [Richard] Butler destroying weapons of mass destruction,” the Massachusetts Democrat explained.

"People are quick to forget that," Kerry added. "Very quick to forget that.”

"For 7 1 /2 years" he continued, "we destroyed weapons of mass destruction, folks, and you know what, we found he had more of them than we thought he had. And we found he was further down the road to the creation of nuclear weapons than we thought he was."

Apparently sensing he had gone too far in defending Bush, Kerry returned to the rhetoric of his standard stump speech, telling the audience that he voted, not in favor of a war, but in favor of a "process promised by the president.”

"If you think I would have gone to war the way George Bush did, don’t vote for me," he urged.

Link: here (http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/1/27/134653.shtml)

FORD
01-27-2004, 01:29 PM
OK, Judas. I won't. You PNAC supporting , criminal society member war voting hypocrite!

John Ashcroft
01-27-2004, 01:30 PM
I'll remind you of your stance come general election time dude...

FORD
01-27-2004, 01:37 PM
I will not vote for a Bush appeasing sellout. Neither will anybody else. It's the Truman principle. Can't defeat a Republican by being Republican lite. The DLC (and Judas is their poster boy) is a cancer on the Democratic party.

Of course this is all irrelevant since IsKerryot won't be the nominee.

John Ashcroft
01-27-2004, 01:41 PM
Who will be?

FORD
01-27-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft
Who will be?

Hopefully Dean. He's definitely the best candiate and will beat Junior. Clark would be second. Edwards third.

Since Clark is now getting as many negative attacks as Dean, I'll bet he's reconsidering his reluctance to the VP slot. Because not only would the Dean Clark ticket bury Bush, but it would also be a huge :mad2: to the corporate media and the DLC.

Dr. Love
01-27-2004, 01:53 PM
I'll give you a hint who he'll say...

He's not just going to post in this thread, Mr. Ashcroft, let me tell you.

He's going to post in the one about Dean People, and the 9/11 panel, he'll post about Al Franken and Conservatives for Dean, Economic freedom, Dean's Deli Debt... then he's going to start demanding that the only way Bush can win the White House is through massive voter machine fraud....

YEEEAAAAAARGHHHHHH!!!!

Dr. Love
01-27-2004, 01:54 PM
aw, I was too late. :(

FORD
01-27-2004, 01:58 PM
Let it go, Doc. That was last week's overhyped media event :rolleyes:

John Ashcroft
01-27-2004, 01:58 PM
Clark's a puppet of the DLC.

Didn't you get the speech Clark gave to Congress urging war against Saddam? I think we posted it here somewhere...

Oh yeah, here it is... (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=716)

Oh, and here's some more on the DLC puppet:

here it go! (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=873)

Still think Clark's your man?

ELVIS
07-30-2004, 12:32 AM
*bump*

;)

Warham
07-30-2004, 08:03 AM
Good find, Elvis. :D

John Ashcroft
07-30-2004, 08:09 AM
Heh heh heh... I guess we're getting near election time. Thanks for digging this up. I especially like this:

Originally posted by FORD
I will not vote for a Bush appeasing sellout. Neither will anybody else. It's the Truman principle. Can't defeat a Republican by being Republican lite. The DLC (and Judas is their poster boy) is a cancer on the Democratic party.

Of course this is all irrelevant since IsKerryot won't be the nominee.

Interesting that Ford now finds himself defending Kerryot. :D

ELVIS
07-30-2004, 08:15 AM
Exactly.. and there's more where this came from...:D

Stay tuned...

:elvis:

FORD
07-30-2004, 09:48 AM
My feelings on the DLC and the corporate media whores have not changed.

ELVIS
07-30-2004, 09:57 AM
Except for this:

"I will not vote for a Bush appeasing sellout."

LMFFEAO!

:elvis: