PDA

View Full Version : Shots fired into Knoxville Bush/Cheney headquarters

McCarrens
10-05-2004, 12:17 PM
This is from http://www.wbir.com/news/news.aspx?storyid=20241.

An unknown suspect fired several shots into the Bearden office of the Bush/Cheney re-election campaign Tuesday morning.

The headquarters are located at 4618 Kingston Pike, next to Noveau Classics and in the same shopping plaza as Long's Drugstore.

According to Knoxville Police Department officers on the scene Tuesday, it is believed that the two separate shots were fired from a car sometime between 6:30 am and 7:15 am. One shot shattered the glass in the front door and the other cracked the glass in another of the front doors.

There were no witnesses to the shooting. A customer at a nearby dry cleaning store noticed that shattered glass on the sidewalk in front of the headquarters and called police.

Volunteers and staffers at the campaign office say they have no clues as to who might have committed the crime. However, they add that the shooting makes them even more enthusiastic and energized about working for their candidates.

"If I have to sleep here (at the campaign office) now, that's what I'll do," says volunteer Suzanne Dewar.

In an unexpected twist, a bank directly across the street from the headquarters was robbed just as KPD officers were busy investigating at the scene of the shooting.

I can't wait to read Ford saying that this was all just a BCE tactic to make us feel sorry for them so they would gain support.

Ally_Kat
10-05-2004, 12:18 PM
I think it was a diversion for the bank robbery

FORD
10-05-2004, 12:22 PM
Nope. I think the key to this one is in the last sentence. A diversion to keep the cops occupied while they rob the bank.

Then again, Phil Parlockk probably needs some extra cash for all this interstate travelling he's doing on behalf of the BCE.

ODShowtime
10-05-2004, 01:03 PM
It was all a liberal conspiracy!

McCarrens
10-05-2004, 01:19 PM
Maybe it was a conspiracy, maybe it wasn't, but can you imagine how much atention this would be getting if it had been a Kerry/Edwards campaign headquarters?

FORD
10-05-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by McCarrens
Maybe it was a conspiracy, maybe it wasn't, but can you imagine how much atention this would be getting if it had been a Kerry/Edwards campaign headquarters?

It's getting TV and Internet coverage now, isn't it? No doubt there's newspaper coverage as well. How much more coverage can it get?

In fact, if Cheney does as bad in his debate tonight as Junior did on Thursday, this will probably be the lead story on FAUX until Friday.

Tonight on Hannity and Colmes: LIBERAL TERRA-ISTS!!!

Matt White
10-05-2004, 02:13 PM
isn't that "Calamity and colmes"?

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

BITEYOASS
10-05-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
isn't that "Calamity and colmes"?

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

Got that right! If Calamity was interviewing me, I'd have the audacity to say: "WOULD YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND LET ME FINISH!!!" :D

ODShowtime
10-05-2004, 02:23 PM
I really hate Hannity.

BITEYOASS
10-05-2004, 02:27 PM
I'm surprised that Russel Simmons didn't bitch-slap Hannity when he got interviewed.

BigBadBrian
10-05-2004, 02:30 PM
I don't hold liberals or Democrats responsible. There are nutcakes on both sides of the ball. :gulp:

FORD
10-05-2004, 02:45 PM
Brian must be on new medication. He's sounding halfway reasonable this morning....

BigBadBrian
10-05-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Brian must be on new medication. He's sounding halfway reasonable this morning....

I wasn't going to add that the LEFT has more than their fair share of whackos, but FORD had to go and ruin it. :gulp:

FORD
10-05-2004, 03:26 PM
Sure there are wackos who claim to be Democrats. Lyndon La Rouche, for one. Jim "Why is there a porcupine on my head?" Traficant for another. Throw Zell Miller in, if anybody still thinks he's a Democrat. Difference is we don't put "our" wackos on prime time TV and call it "fair and balanced".

McCarrens
10-05-2004, 03:37 PM
Look at history, it was the Dems who constantly fucked up. Who was it that wanted to keep slavery? Who wanted to halt the progress of technology into middle America (in both a social and geographical way)?

Oh, I remember...the same party that started the Civil War. Democrats hate America. They've already tried to secede once. This time they just want to destroy everything Americans and turn this great country into a communnist state.

FORD
10-05-2004, 03:54 PM
At least we didn't finance Hitler and create Al Qaeda.

Lqskdiver
10-05-2004, 11:22 PM
Here are some wacko's or most likely leftovers from the OJ/LA riots who just relocated.

All I see is slackers with nothing to lose. This is the democratic base that Kerry/Edwards are pandering to. Once elected then they are forgotten and most likely end up in jail for not paying their child support.

------------------------------------------------------

Protestors Ransack Bush/Cheney Headquarters In Orlando
2 People Receive Minor Injuries During Protest

POSTED: 6:05 pm EDT October 5, 2004
UPDATED: 9:10 pm EDT October 5, 2004

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A group of protestors stormed and then ransacked a Bush-Cheney headquarters building in Orlando, Fla., Tuesday, according to Local 6 News.

Video

Protestors Storm, Ransack Bush-Cheney Headquarters In Orlando

Local 6 News reported that several people from the group of 100 Orlando protestors face possible assault charges after the group forced their way inside the Republican headquarters office.

While in the building, some of the protestors drew horns and a mustache on a poster of President George W. Bush and poured piles of letters in the office, according to the report.

"We told them to leave, they broke the law," Republican headquarters volunteer Mike Broom said.

Two protestors received minor injuries when the crowd stormed the building, including a Republican volunteer.

One of the protestors said she wanted to send a message.

"We want to send a clear message to Bush, we want him to take his hands off our overtime pay," protestor Esmeralda Heuilar said.

Local 6 News learned that most of the protestors were from the AFL-CIO and were taking part in one of 20 other coordinated protests around the country.

A spokesperson with the AFL-CIO told Local 6 News that the Orlando protest did not go as planned.

A protest similar to Orlando's demonstration was held at a Bush-Cheney office in Miami at the same approximate time, Local 6 News reported.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

Lqskdiver
10-05-2004, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by FORD
At least we didn't finance Hitler and create Al Qaeda.

Great counter there, FORD. You get lazy or no defense. At least admit that the party has done some pretty fucked up shit, HISTORICALLY.

BTW, how the fuck are you, dave. Getting ready to blow...talking about MT ST Hellens.

But if you want to get technical, YOU FUNDED HITLER AND CREATED AL QUEADA.

Yeah that's right...you as an american funded hitler and al queada, by your logic, since you are a citizen of this country. So to Jews and victims of terrorism, your country, that you are a part of, is guilty of criminal wrongdoings. It don't mean didly squat if you are against all that...to them you are the enemy.

We're back to the argument that everyone hates us. It never fucking ends.

Alright, I'm fucking with you...but it still is a weak argument. Hell, that's like saying my great great grandfather funded General Lee when he deposited money in a bank owned a plantation owner.

FORD
10-06-2004, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Lqskdiver
Alright, I'm fucking with you...but it still is a weak argument. Hell, that's like saying my great great grandfather funded General Lee when he deposited money in a bank owned a plantation owner.

It all depends on the intention.... It's doubtful that your great great grandfather knew a Civil War was coming, so a direct tie to General Lee wouldn't be logical. However, by knowingly depositing money in a bank owned by a plantation owner , he would be a willing supporter of slavery. And then, given the fact that slavery was the major reason for the war, we could (hypothetically) blame that much on your ancestor.

Prescott Bush wasn't that far removed. His funding went right to Adolf himself, and Hitler's intentions for Germany were well documented even then.