PDA

View Full Version : The 2004 NFL Football Draft

POJO_Risin
01-27-2004, 01:42 PM
Here's your place to post about the draft that comes in April I think...yeah...Super Bowl hasn't happened yet...but the two months up to the draft is almost as fun...

If you come across a mock draft...post it...

the whole thing...and let us know where it came from...

I'll cut and paste RBW's from earlier...

POJO_Risin
01-27-2004, 01:47 PM
1. San Diego Chargers: Eli Manning, QB, Ole Miss
Drew Brees has not proven himself as a player who will ultimately be a starter in the NFL, and while the Chargers also have needs at OT, WR, DT and LB, passing up a blue-chip quarterback like Manning is tough to do, especially considering they passed on Michael Vick a couple years ago.

Larry Fitzgerald has the hands and body control to make the tough catches.
2. Oakland Raiders: *Larry Fitzgerald, WR, Pittsburgh
The Raiders certainly could use a quarterback, with Rich Gannon getting up there in age, but Fitzgerald would be a good complement to the big, athletic Jerry Porter at wideout. There is also need at DL and S, but Fitzgerald has all the skills you look for in a receiver.

3. Arizona Cardinals: *Ben Roethlisberger, QB, Miami-Ohio
Josh McCown is an adequate QB, but Roethlisberger will give new coach Dennis Green a potential star. DL is also a need area, but no linemen are worthy of the No. 3 pick, so the Cardinals would do well to upgrade the most important position on the field.

4. New York Giants: Robert Gallery, OT, Iowa
Getting a player like Gallery -- the prototype left tackle -- would be a huge help to QB Kerry Collins, who was beaten up big-time this season. The Giants also need help along the DL and at S, but Gallery will step in immediately and fill a big hole.

5. Washington Redskins: *Kellen Winslow, TE, Miami-Fla.
The TE position is always important in a Joe Gibbs offense, and Winslow will give the Redskins a multi-dimensional talent at that position, one that could be utilized creatively by Gibbs and his staff. DL and RB are also need positions in Washington, but it will be hard to pass up an athlete like Winslow at this spot.

6. Detroit Lions: *Sean Taylor, S, Miami-Fla.
The Lions need to get the best impact player still on the board at either WR, RB, DE, CB or S, and Taylor looks to be that guy. Taylor is to the safety position at Miami what Ray Lewis was to the MLB spot and has tremendous toughness.

7. Atlanta Falcons: *Tommie Harris, DT, Oklahoma
DT, OT, CB and WR are the need areas for the Falcons, and Harris wreaks havoc behind the line of scrimmage. He can cause problems for opposing QBs and was constantly triple-teamed in college.

8. Cleveland Browns: *Chris Gamble, CB, Ohio State
Gamble might be a slight reach here, but his upside is tremendous, and he capped his college career with a terrific game in Ohio State's Fiesta Bowl win over Kansas State. A roll of the dice, but if he can be coached up and improve his cover skills Gamble could be an impact player down the road.

9. Jacksonville Jaguars: Roy Williams, WR, Texas
The Jags need a complement to Jimmy Smith at wideout, and a reliable No. 2 option would certainly help the development of QB Byron Leftwich. Jacksonville also has needs at CB and DE.

10. Houston Texans: *Kenechi Udeze, DE, USC
A pass-rusher is the No. 1 need in Houston, and Udeze fits the mold. Originally a DT, Udeze has developed into a terrific strong-side DE and is ideally suited to the 3-4 scheme with his rush skills and ability to hold up against the run.

11. Pittsburgh Steelers: Dunta Robinson, CB, South Carolina
The Steelers' secondary has been torched in recent years and Robinson is definitely worthy of a high pick. He is fundamentally sound and prepared to step in and become an immediate starter.

12. New York Jets: Jonathan Vilma, LB, Miami-Fla.
New York definitely needs help at WR and CB, but Vilma would give the Jets speed, athleticism and instincts to boost their LB corps.

13. Buffalo Bills: Will Smith, DE, Ohio State
A perfect fit. Smith would be the best player available at this point in the first round and fill a big-time need for the Bills, who could also use help at CB or WR.

14. Chicago Bears: *Kevin Jones, RB, Virginia Tech
Jones has size, breakaway speed and the ability to catch and block. He would be a good complement to Anthony Thomas, who is not quite the home run hitter Jones could be. The Bears might also look to upgrade at WR, DT or DB.

15. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: *Shawn Andrews, OT, Arkansas
Andrews is a devastating run blocker who is also light on his feet and would upgrade the RT position dramatically for the Bucs. WR and TE are also areas of need in Tampa

Troy
01-27-2004, 01:51 PM
I don't know who any of these guys are. ;)

POJO_Risin
01-27-2004, 01:53 PM
C'mon man...you know who Kellen Winslow is...

ALinChainz
01-27-2004, 01:55 PM
http://www.gbnreport.com/2004projection.htm

2004 DRAFT PROJECTION
January 20, 2004
* indicates underclassman
First round 1 San Diego Eli Manning QB Mississippi
2 Oakland *Larry Fitzgerald WR Pittsburgh
3 Arizona *Ben Roethlisberger QB Miami (Ohio)
4 New York Giants Roy Williams WR Texas
5 Washington *Kenechi Udeze DE Southern California
6 Detroit *Sean Taylor FS Miami
7 Cleveland Robert Gallery OT Iowa
8 Atlanta *Shawn Andrews OT Arkansas
9 Jacksonville *Reggie Williams WR Washington
10 Houston *Kellen Winslow TE Miami
11 Pittsburgh *Steven Jackson RB Oregon State
12 New York Jets *Chris Gamble CB Ohio State
13 Buffalo *Tommie Harris DT Oklahoma
14 Chicago *Vince Wilfork DT Miami
15 Tampa Bay *Kevin Jones RB Virginia Tech
16 San Francisco Will Smith DE Ohio State
17 Cincinnati *Randy Starks DT Maryland
18 New Orleans D.J. Williams LB Miami
19 Minnesota Derrick Strait CB Oklahoma
20 Miami *Michael Clayton WR LSU
21 New England (from Baltimore) *Maurice Clarett RB Ohio State
22 Dallas Michael Jenkins WR Ohio State
23 Seattle *Antwan Odom DE Alabama
24 Denver *DeAngelo Hall CB Virginia Tech
25 Green Bay J.P. Losman QB Tulane
26 St. Louis *Sean Jones FS Georgia
27 Tennessee Karlos Dansby LB Auburn
28 Philadelphia Rashaun Woods WR Auburn
29 Indianapolis Marcus Tubbs DT Texas
30 Kansas City Will Poole CB Southern California
31 Carolina Dunta Robinson CB South Carolina
32 New England Jonathan Vilma LB Miami

Second round 33 Houston (from Oakland) No pick(1)
34 Arizona Chad Lavalais DT LSU
35. New York Giants Jacob Rogers OT Southern California
36. San Diego *Devard Darling WR Washington State
37. Detroit Chris Perry RB Michigan
38. (t)Atlanta Darnell Dockett DT Florida State
39. (t)Cleveland Keiwan Ratliff CB Florida
40. Jacksonville Jason Babin DE Western Michigan
41. Houston Dave Ball DE UCLA
42. Washington Ben Troupe TE Florida
43. New York Jets Ted Lehman LB Oklahoma
44. Buffalo Phil Rivers QB North Carolina State
45. Pittsburgh Nathan Vasher CB Texas
46. Oakland (from Tampa Bay) Vernon Carey OG Miami
47. San Francisco Lee Evans WR Wisconsin
48. Chicago *Kelly Butler OT Purdue
49. New Orleans *Matt Ware CB UCLA
50. Cincinnati Stuart Schweigert FS Purdue
51. Minnesota Bo Schobel DE Texas Christian
52. Baltimore *Derrick Hamilton WR Clemson
53. Dallas Michael Turner RB Northern Illinois
54. Seattle Dontarrious Thomas LB Auburn
55. Denver Dwan Edwards DT Oregon State
56. Green Bay Michael Boulware LB Florida State
57. New England (from Miami) Igor Olshansky DT Oregon
58. Tennessee Tim Anderson DT Ohio State
59. Philadelphia *Chris Snee OG Boston College
60. Indianapolis Keith Smith CB McNeese State
61. New Orleans (from St. Louis) *Ahmad Carroll CB Arkansas
62. Kansas City *Matthias Askew DT Micigan State
63. (sb)Carolina Keyaron Fox LB Georgia Tech
64. (sb)New England *Nat Dorsey OT Georgia Tech

POJO_Risin
01-27-2004, 01:59 PM
Thanks Chainz...I can't see fucking Pittsburgh taking a rb in the first round...

but I could see Gamble drop that far...and Rivers getting taken with the pick before Pittsburgh...man...that would be a huge steal...

It would be a hard player to pass up...the number one back in the draft...but I don't see it as their number one need...

POJO_Risin
01-27-2004, 02:00 PM
I'll post Kiper's bottom 16...

ALinChainz
01-27-2004, 02:02 PM
I don't know about that either. To hear the Steelers talk, the Bus is done and Zereoue isn't sturdy enough. Rivers has played real well in the all-star games and the stuff about his release means nothing to me. If you can play, you can play. With QBs the mental aspect is as important, if not more.

ALinChainz
01-27-2004, 02:05 PM
I am from Michigan and am hoping the Lions take a RB, but with Gibbs back in Washington now, and his game plan is usually a grinding running game, I'm thinking they will go Steven Jackson or Kevin Jones. It will be interesting to see where Winslow goes.

POJO_Risin
01-27-2004, 02:08 PM
Yeah...Winslow is a wildcard...

I kinda thought that Gibbs would go with a big TE...

You know Joe would want to go back a year and get the original Stephen Davis back...lol...

Bettis' days as a starter are gone...

Z will be traded or cut...

and Vernon Hayes is a question mark...

so I could see them take a back number one...

rumor has it that they are searching for a way to get Larry Jackson from KC...even though he's a rapist or whatnot...

KC wants Burress...Pittsburgh wants Jackson and a first rounder...I'm assuming that first rounder would be used to get Rivers...we'll see...

ALinChainz
01-27-2004, 02:18 PM
I agree because I don't see Houston taking him after signing Billy Miller to a contract extension this past year. Washington is more equipped at the moment to be a passing team with the receivers they have, the runningbacks and OL's they don't have. Maybe Winslow will go there. Someone will nab him early. Just started doing some research for my own mock draft on my football site so will be reading a lot of mock drafts and opinions on boards to formulate. Do you do any sports writing PoJo?

This is a good thread and will change a lot as the days go by leading up to the draft, April 24-25.

POJO_Risin
01-27-2004, 02:27 PM
I have in the past done some sports writing...

mainly college...and a bit afterwards for a local paper in Cleveland...one of those freebies...but I had a commentary section every week...a lot of fun ripping the shit out of people every week...

why...

POJO_Risin
01-27-2004, 02:28 PM
Yeah man...I love the speculation almost more than the season...especially with the first three rounds...and the hidden picks in the latter part of the draft...like the Texans taking Henson last year in the sixth round...and they'll end up with a first rounder for him...unless he starts for the Yanks this year...;)

ALinChainz
01-27-2004, 02:32 PM
Always looking for good sports writers for my fantasy site. I didn't think it would hurt to ask, but I know with the Army getting back up and rolling that you would be pretty busy with it. We always hated the off season so we created this site.

It doesn't have to be just football either.

ALinChainz
01-27-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
Yeah man...I love the speculation almost more than the season...especially with the first three rounds...and the hidden picks in the latter part of the draft...like the Texans taking Henson last year in the sixth round...and they'll end up with a first rounder for him...unless he starts for the Yanks this year...;)

That was a smart pick by Houston because from all that I've been reading, Henson's baseball days are done.

POJO_Risin
01-27-2004, 02:39 PM
What's the site...I'll take a look at it...

what do you need done...

ALinChainz
01-27-2004, 02:50 PM
Sent you a private message. That way it doesn't look like I'm just here pushing my site. I'm here supporting Dave and the Army, to me, the sports is just bonus.

POJO_Risin
01-27-2004, 02:54 PM
Yo man...push your site here...

For three years running...we have had a slew of fantasy leagues related to this site...and to the Diamond Dave site that Von runs...

I'll be running another keeper league this year...

don't fear pushing a site in the least...

POJO_Risin
01-27-2004, 02:54 PM
Boone is down for the year...

could Henson turn into a starter next year...

for the Yanks?

ALinChainz
01-27-2004, 03:04 PM
Damn, you know, I forgot about that. And they also may have a case against Boone, due to basketball being a no-no in is contract. But that being said, Henson is still struggling big time and they ahd hoped he'd be ready by now. Last I knew, he was working out in Florida, throwing passes. Will be intersting to see and should very well be worth a #1 like you mentioned.

We will have all kinds of leagues going this up coming season, including 2 "Dynasty" keeper leagues, where you retain your roster year round.

http://www.thefantasymasters.com

Would be willing to put a Roth Army banner up in our links section as well.

POJO_Risin
01-27-2004, 03:07 PM
I'll talk to Sarge about it...and get back to you...

POJO_Risin
01-27-2004, 03:07 PM
How much are your keeper leagues...I saw that in your forums...

ALinChainz
01-27-2004, 03:14 PM
So far, all freebies. The 2 Dynasty leagues are full (12 teams each) but could fire up a third without much problem if the interest was there. We think they'll be unique enough to seperate us from some other sites. Have one other keeper for sure, and wanting to go into the other sports as well.

Thanks for your input and hope Sarge won't mind and deem us worthy. I'll understand if not, and will be around anyways. Would be cool for our site to be affiliated with the Army.

POJO_Risin
01-27-2004, 03:18 PM
Well Chainz...at Von's site...we had a seperate subforum in the sports forum for fantasy shit...

we could do the same here...and connect it to your site...this is all speculation of course...

and knowing that you were one of the few people that were posting like a motherfucker on the wall...before the site came up...that was you wasn't it?

knuckleboner
01-27-2004, 03:24 PM
C'mon man...you know who Kellen Winslow is...

kellen winslow is a motherfuckin' SOLDIER!!! ;)

i don't know...yeah, the tight end is important to gibbs, but we REALLY need D-linemen. i don't care if we go free agent or draft. but if there's a good d-end in the draft, i'd pick him.

POJO_Risin
01-27-2004, 03:28 PM
Well...you know there will be that high KBones...

but you have to think that a player like Winslow only comes every so often...

and they do need a te...

I agree with the lineman sentiment...if they can strengthen that DLine...that Defense will be pretty fucking awesome with their lbackers and their corners...

ALinChainz
01-27-2004, 03:30 PM
That was me. And I almost hate to admit it in a way, sometimes not exactly my best behavior at all times there. Would like to be as active here. Went there because of Classic VH and Dave, and am signed up at the other Dave sites as well. I do conduct myself as an adult here and those sites, lol.

That would be cool with me if it's ok with Sarge and the rest of the Army staff. My brother and I run our site and are always looking to improve.

POJO_Risin
01-27-2004, 03:34 PM
Well...I'll let you know...I'd do the shit right now...but want to talk it over with him first...

Here's what I'm thinking...

open a subforum...for all the Roth Army leagues...

and I'll open up a separate thread...with your link there for fantasy info and shit...and just lock it down...

that would get you some shit...there are a ton of folk on here that are in fantasy leagues...and you'd certainly see some cross over...

ALinChainz
01-27-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
kellen winslow is a motherfuckin' SOLDIER!!! ;)

i don't know...yeah, the tight end is important to gibbs, but we REALLY need D-linemen. i don't care if we go free agent or draft. but if there's a good d-end in the draft, i'd pick him.

Agree. They need interior offensive lineman also in my opinion. I know Wilkinson has never lived up to his high draft status, but the Skins seemed to cut him loose without ample replacement.

Winslow does seem to be a difference maker at the position, like Gonzo or Shockey, or Heap for that matter. like KB said, maybe the D-Line could be addressed through free agency.

POJO_Risin
01-27-2004, 03:39 PM
Well...the real question is how much more is that bonehead Snyder willing to spend...

and...remember...

I'm sure when Gibbs came into this...he had a list...I'm curious to see who's on that list...

ALinChainz
01-27-2004, 03:44 PM
Well...I'll let you know...I'd do the shit right now...but want to talk it over with him first...

Here's what I'm thinking...

open a subforum...for all the Roth Army leagues...

and I'll open up a separate thread...with your link there for fantasy info and shit...and just lock it down...

that would get you some shit...there are a ton of folk on here that are in fantasy leagues...and you'd certainly see some cross over...

Sounds great. Would be a good time and we have the off season to ready everything. Like I said, not here to push my site, only Dave. But wouldn't frown upon being linked with the Army.

POJO_Risin
01-27-2004, 03:49 PM
lol...

Well...there's a few folk on here who are all up into the fantasy shit...

Troy and a few others...

waddya think Troy...I see yo ass lurkin...

knuckleboner
01-28-2004, 10:08 AM
Well...you know there will be that high KBones...

but you have to think that a player like Winslow only comes every so often...

and they do need a te...

I agree with the lineman sentiment...if they can strengthen that DLine...that Defense will be pretty fucking awesome with their lbackers and their corners...

except...we're losing champ bailey. we offered him an extension midseason and he said no. we said we'd continue negotiations. nothing since then. he's a free agent. my guess is we slap the franchise tag on him and get a draft pick for him. too bad.

and i don't know about the interior O-line, AL. last season they were a little banged up and samuels and jansen didn't play their normal games. joe bugel will get that bunch in shape.

and i'm waivering on winslow. we should have a little cap room freed up. going after a free agent D-end might be the way to go. our current TE, flemester, is ok at best. i wonder if winslow's a special teams hoss like his old man...

Fairwrning
01-28-2004, 11:56 AM
watch out for D'angelo Hall from Va Tech...i can tell you first hand..if that guy keeps his head straight he will be a bigtime corner in the NFL...punt returner as well...(possibly my sleeper fantasy pick;) ).....shit..did i say that out loud??

Troy
01-28-2004, 12:50 PM
What do I think about what?

ALinChainz
01-28-2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Troy
What do I think about what?

He was just mentioning that you and a few other regulars here being into fantasy sports.

JOE THUNDER, LP
01-28-2004, 03:52 PM
Al, you and your boyfriend are a couple of air heads. Roethlingser or whatever the fuck his name is will be the #1 pick. Manning's too much of a pussy just like his brother and can't win the big game just like his brother. Manning will go to Arizona. That way green can cover up some of his incompetancy and have manning call all the plays and coach the offense. manning is smart, just too much of a faggot like yourself to win the big one. Any more questions air heads?? T.

ALinChainz
01-28-2004, 04:02 PM
Like you know anything. You were far below even 50% on picking NFL games this year, and when you got them wrong, you would just ignore what you posted and claim you got it right, or change your pick after the game started or after it was over. Making up shit isn't going to work here loser, and posting under other people's names won't either.

I'd say put your money where your mouth is, but we know it's already busy.

POJO_Risin
01-29-2004, 01:47 AM
Okay...

anyone who takes Manning...or that kid from Miami (OH) are taking them to high...

they should be mid rounders at best...

I like Hall...and hoping that Pittsburgh takes a long look at him if they don't pick up Bailey...or another corner...

man...Bailey would be sweet...

if they slap the Franchise tag on him...he'll end up in Washington...

ALinChainz
01-29-2004, 01:07 PM
I would almost guarantee that Bailey gets the franchise tag. A lot of things could change now that Gibbs is back. Most think he's going to restore the Skins to their former glory and want to be there when he does it.

In Detroit, we had some remote hopes too, that having his brother Boss might persuade the Lions to take a shot. We do have the #6, and I wouldn't object to them using it to try and get Champ and that would give the Skins 2 consecutive draft picks at #5 & #6.

DLR7884
01-29-2004, 01:11 PM
Bailey will resign. Lavar Arrington will make sure of it.

DLR7884
I guarantee it.

DLR7884
01-29-2004, 01:12 PM
Whoops! I meant re-sign.

DLR7884
Duh.

Troy
01-29-2004, 04:02 PM
What the hell does "franchise tag" mean? I read all about it and still can't figure it out.

Is it so the team can lock a player in at a certain pay range so they don't take a cap hit?

How many players on a team can have that tag?

Does it make it harder for other teams to aquire them via free agancy/trade?

ALinChainz
01-29-2004, 05:16 PM
The most complete definition of the term I know is found here:

http://www.askthecommish.com/freeagency/

Troy
01-29-2004, 05:52 PM
Thanks! Very informative.

ALinChainz
01-29-2004, 06:39 PM
Glad to help. I can't always keep it straight myself when it comes to the term.

Tied in with their strict salary cap, keeps big market teams from snatching everyone up by throwing money around.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-31-2004, 09:42 AM
I think the Steelers are gonna go CB in the draft, LT and maybe RB in free agency....

Either Hall or Gamble would be fine to me at CB...

And I really think they're gonna pull off that trade for a RB, whether it be Duckett or Larry Johnson (not Jackson, Poj... I know you did that on purpose 'cause he's a PSU grad... ;) )

I don't think they address QB in this draft.... You shore up that O-line, and Maddox will be fine...

POJO_Risin
01-31-2004, 04:29 PM
Yeah...Maddox will be fine...but he's what...33...34...dude's not getting any younger...

if they are planning on going out there and signing a good, established qb...fine...let Maddox have at it...but if they are going to develop one that's worth a damn...they better pick one now...and not fucking St. Pierre...please say that ain's so...

I don't like going after a CB in the first round...anything is better than what they have...but generally...unless you are Ricky Manning Jr....and get some breaks...you get your ass handed to you your rookie year...

I'd rather have them spend the cash on a CB...and go get some hogs in the draft...

I think they can acquire a really nice back for Burress...Jackson or Duckett would be an upgrade...although Jackson would be a gamble in a half...being that PSU grads not only have the wrong names...but suck in the NFL...;)...with the exception of one...

I agree with you that Maddox will be fine during the regular season with a staunch line...but what happens when you get him in the playoffs?...or...get pressure on him...he pulls a Kordell and forces passes...

I think he can get you to the playoffs year after year...but he doesn't have it to get you to the SB...IMO...

I will agree that they won't go after a qb...because they never do...

ALinChainz
01-31-2004, 04:37 PM
Something I read yesterday off footballtalk.com, but everyone has opinions.

PITTSBURGH WON'T PART WITH PLEX

Though the Steelers might indeed be interested in acquiring from the Chargers the first overall pick in this year's draft, we're hearing that they won't be sending receiver Plaxico Burress to San Diego in order to make it happen.

The team's reluctance to shop Burress likewise puts a crimp in rumors that the Steelers might be shipping Plex to the Chiefs in exchange for running back Larry Johnson.

Johnson was drafted in the first round of the 2003 draft by the Chiefs, at a time when the long-term health of workhorse Priest Holmes was still in doubt, due to a hip injury he suffered late in the 2002 season. But with Holmes returning to form in a big way, setting the NFL record for rushing touchdowns in a single season, having Johnson around simply isn't prudent in the modern NFL -- especially since the Chiefs need a go-to receiver and more help on defense.

The Chiefs addressed the burgeoning Burress-for-Johnson rumor on Thursday, laughing it off by explaining that player-for-player trades don't "happen anymore."

"Haven't heard that one at all, and I hear rumors every day," Chiefs director of public relations Bob Moore said, according to the Kansas City Star. "It's ridiculous. There's nothing to it."

They happen less frequently, to be sure, given the cap implications. But with more teams biting the bullet by dumping contracts prior to June 1, we don't rule out a trade of Johnson simply because player-for-player trades are less common than they used to be.

The Star concludes that the Steelers wouldn't be interested in Johnson anyway, because Pittsburgh passed on Johnson when the Steelers swapped spots with the Chiefs in the first round of the 2003 draft. But the Star overlooks the fact that the Steelers were in the market a year ago not for their running back of the future, but for help in a talent-starved defensive secondary. So they traded up specifically in order to draft USC safety Troy Polamalu.

The question this year becomes whether the Steelers view Johnson as a potential long-term solution at running back, and what they'd sacrifice to get him. If anything, the fact that the Chiefs and the Steelers recently have done trading bidness suggests to us that, if the Chiefs choose to move Johnson, there's no reason to think that the Steelers won't be one of the teams they call.

POJO_Risin
01-31-2004, 05:02 PM
Well...again...I can't believe that a Johnson for Burress straight up deal is even a thought...

makes no sense...seems you could get a player and a good pick for a decent receiver...

Va Beach VH Fan
02-01-2004, 12:20 PM
Yeah, I saw that article too....

Of course, that may be a ploy to sweeten the pot a little....

I think the fact that they have recent trade history could be a factor....

They traded in last year's draft so the Steelers could get Polamalu...

POJO_Risin
02-01-2004, 06:56 PM
So Va...are you thinking it's a good deal straight up?

Va Beach VH Fan
02-02-2004, 09:08 AM
Burress for Duckett is a pretty good deal straight up IMO....

For Johnson ?? Dunno, I think KC would have to add a draft pick for that one....

ALinChainz
03-24-2004, 04:51 PM
2004 NFL Mock Draft

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com

Wednesday, March 24, 2004

We're still a month away from the 2004 National Football League Draft (April 24-25 in New York), but Fanball's tritely named War Room is already buzzing with excitement. The area also filled with an assortment of over-priced pizzas, chips, dips, unexplainable meat products, and soda. The buffet of vittles and refreshments serve to keep the Fanball staff poorly nourished as they battle over which names will be called in the first round.

After a great deal of pen-throwing, hair-pulling, and cursing, we've churned out our first mock draft of the season. Much will change over the next 31 days, and we'll update our mockery every Wednesday.

1. San Diego Chargers: Eli Manning, QB, Ole Miss Comment: Eli may have actually more natural ability than Peyton, although he has along way to go before he mirrors his brother's game preparation and leadership skills. The Chargers have made waves about trading down from the top pick, but after picking Ryan Leaf and passing on Michael Vick, they can't afford not to take Manning.

2. Oakland Raiders: Mike Williams, WR, USC Comment: With Jerry Rice and Tim Brown on the edges, it's safe to say the Raiders are a bit long in the tooth at wideout. In fact, many attribute last season's disaster to the lack of a downfield threat at receiver. Al Davis values speed over all else, giving Williams the edge over Fitzgerald.

3. Arizona Cardinals: Larry Fitzgerald, WR, Pittsburgh Comment: Head coach Dennis Green desperately wants Fitzgerald, and there have been rumors of the Cards trying to trade up to grab Larry. Whether it's Fitzgerald or Williams here, he will need to battle last year's first-round pick, Bryant Johnson, for a starting spot.

4. New York Giants: Robert Gallery, OT, Iowa Comment: Head coach Tom Coughlin will overrule GM Ernie Accorsi, and the Giants will opt for the more immediate need (Gallery) over the long-term desire (Ben Roethlisberger).

5. Washington Redskins: Sean Taylor, S, Miami-FL Comment: The Redskins love both Taylor and Kellen Winslow, but their most immediate need is at defensive end and tackle. It's a bit too early for Tommie Harris and Kenechi Udeze, and if Roethlisberger is still available here, look for the Redskins to trade down to a team in need of a quarterback

6. Detroit Lions: Kellen Winslow Jr., TE, Miami-FL Comment: We hear good things about pass-catching tight ends in the West Coast Offense. Maybe local hero Chris Perry will be there in round two.

7. Cleveland Browns: Ben Roethlisberger, QB, Miami-OH Comment: The three guys the Browns really wanted--Gallery, Taylor, and Winslow--probably won't be there unless they package their pick with Dennis Northcutt and/or Tim Couch and trade up. Jeff Garcia is a short-term solution, and if they don't grab the local kid, the Steelers will. The Browns can't afford to let that happen.

8. Atlanta Falcons: Tommie Harris, DT, Oklahoma Comment: Roy Williams was awfully tempting, but the Dirty Birds need help on the front four and this is a deep draft for wideouts.

9. Jacksonville Jaguars: Roy Williams, WR, Texas Comment: The Jags benefit from the depth at wideout in this draft, as this Williams is also a top-five talent. He'll serve as Jimmy Smith's understudy.

10. Houston Texans: DeAngelo Hall, CB, Virginia Tech Comment: The Texans may opt for an interior defensive lineman, but Hall is too talented to pass up.

11. Pittsburgh Steelers: Philip Rivers, QB, N.C. State Comment: Not only is Rivers the Steelers' quarterback of the future, he may take over from Tommy Maddox at some point this season.

12. New York Jets: Vince Wilfork, DT, Miami-FL Comment: The Jets need to get faster and younger at linebacker and in the secondary, but they can ill afford to pass on Wilfork if he drops to them. His stock is rising after showing up in terrific shape at the combine, and the Jets could certainly use him to address a horrendous run defense. After signing a wide receiver (Justin McCareins), a corner (David Barrett), and a linebacker (Eric Barton) in free agency, they'll jump on this talented defensive lineman if he's available.

13. Buffalo Bills: Kenechi Udeze, DE, USC Comment: The Bills would ideally draft Drew Bledsoe's eventual replacement here, but with the top three quarterbacks off the board, they'll turn their attention to Udeze - a top 10 talent who has unexpectedly dropped. Defensive end Matt Schobel recorded 12 sacks a year ago, but the Bills could certainly use another end with the size, speed, and versatility that Udeze brings to the table. The Bills could also use a wideout to complement Eric Moulds and push Josh Reed to the No. 3 slot.

14. Chicago Bears: Randy Starks, DT, Maryland Comment: Lovie Smith will be angry when Vince Wilfork goes two picks in front of them. Starks isn't a bad consolation prize, so he gets the nod over a running back since they just signed Thomas Jones.

15. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Jonathan Vilma, LB, Miami-FL Comment: The top defensive tackles are off the board, so they won't reach for a Sapp replacement. Replacing John Lynch here would also be a reach. They need linebackers too, and Vilma is the best in this year's class.

16. San Francisco 49ers: Reggie Williams, WR, Washington Comment: After losing Terrell Owens and Tai Streets to free agency, the 49ers would love to get Williams here. Reggie will have a chance to start alongside Brandon Lloyd, and he could have the biggest first-year impact of any receiver in this class.

17. Cincinnati Bengals: Chris Gamble, CB, Ohio State Comment: The Bengals need help in the defensive backfield, and the added bonus of Gamble being a local name and a dynamic kick returner boosts him over Dunta Robinson.

18. New Orleans Saints: Dunta Robinson, CB, South Carolina Comment: Draft day plan in the Big Easy: defense, defense, defense. They'll start at corner by taking less of a "gamble" on Robinson.

19. Minnesota Vikings: Will Smith, DE, Ohio State Comment: The best known Twin Cities Prince just went into the Rock ‘n' Roll Hall of Fame, but the Fresh Prince will also do very well in purple.

20. Miami Dolphins – Shane Andrews, OT, Alabama Comment: Up until the trade for David Boston, Miami had glaring needs at wide receiver and offensive line. The acquisition of a Pro-Bowl caliber wideout places the focus squarely on the big boys up front, where the Dolphins could be replacing up to four starters. Were it not for character and conditioning question marks, Andrews might be a top-10 pick.

21. New England Patriots (from Ravens) – Stephen Jackson, RB, Oregon State Comment: A match made in heaven. The Patriots' top need is at running back, and the draft's best talent is available with their first of two first-round picks. Jackson has all the skills, including the pass-catching ability New England values so highly in its spread offense.

22. Dallas Cowboys – Chris Perry, RB, Michigan Comment: The Cowboys will look at Perry, Virginia Tech's Kevin Jones, and Florida State's Greg Jones at this spot. Jones and Jones both ran slow 40 times at their recent pro days, and Perry fits the Cowboys' system in that he is a sturdy workhorse who can also catch passes out of the backfield. He could make a big fantasy impact right away.

23. Seattle Seahawks – D.J. Williams, LB, Miami-FL Comment: With Harris, Wilfork, Starks, and Smith gone, the Seahawks will wait to address their needs at defensive tackle and defensive end. Williams is a speedy linebacker that can make up for the loss of Randall Godfrey and eventually replace the aging Chad Brown.

24. Denver Broncos: Ben Troupe, TE, Florida Comment: Were it not for Kellen Winslow Jr., we'd all be talking about Troupe as the next great pass-catching tight end. Who better to replace Shannon Sharpe than the guy being called the next Shannon Sharpe?

25. Green Bay Packers: J.P. Losman, QB, Tulane Comment: This pick has been seemingly pre-ordained. The Packers get their heir apparent for Brett Favre and it's a guy who has been compared to him quite a bit. The two already know each other, and Losman would love to play for Green Bay.

26. St. Louis Rams: Matt Ware, S, UCLA Comment: With Troupe off the board, the Rams will look to secondary and defensive end. Aeneas Williams is aging, but the team also lost Grant Wistrom this offseason. If one of the ends (Antwan Odom, Marquise Hill, Jason Babin) surges over the next month, the Rams will go that direction. Ware might be a bit of a reach, but with Jerametrius Butler back, the Rams may opt for safety over corner.

27. Tennessee Titans: Darnell Dockett, DT, Florida State Comment: After losing Jevon Kearse and Robaire Smith to free agency, the Titans need to shore up the defensive front. They're hoping Jake Grove will be available with the second round pick they got from the Jets.

28. Kansas City Chiefs: Will Poole, CB, USC Comment: The Chiefs defense is in need of a major overhaul, and salary-cap restrictions prevented them from addressing it in free agency. Poole is just the type of instinctive cover corner Kansas City needs so that they can avoid having to roll so much help to Dexter McCleon and Eric Warfield.

28. Philadelphia Eagles: Vernon Carey, OG, Miami-FL Comment: With Terrell Owens in hand, the Eagles don't have to address their glaring need at wide receiver. Backup guard Bobbie Williams is a free agent, so the Eagles will go with Carey over Virginia Tech center Jake Grove at this spot.

29. Indianapolis Colts: Karlos Danbsy, LB, Auburn Comment: The Colts don't need much help offensively, and they've lost linebackers to free agency each of the past two seasons. Dansby will step in immediately.

31. Carolina Panthers: Derrick Strait, CB, Oklahoma Comment: The Panthers will take a long (and potentially hard) look at wide receivers Michael Clayton and Lee Evans, but they've lost cornerback Reggie Howard and will likely lose cornerback Terry Cousin to free agency. Carolina likes Strait's physical play.

32. New England Patriots: Daryl Smith, LB, Georgia Tech Comment: Quietly, the defending champs could lose much of their depth on the edges of their 3-4 defense if Anthony Pleasant and Bobby Hamilton leave in free agency. Though they still have Mike Vrabel and Willie McGinest on the outside, they could certainly stand to get younger. Smith gives them speed, athleticism, and instinct at the second level, not unlike potential teammate Tedy Bruschi.

ALinChainz
04-09-2004, 01:01 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com

VERSION 4

APRIL 8, 2004

We know -- we've been promising the fourth version of the mock draft for two weeks. Without further adieu (and with minimal explanation this time around) here is our current best estimate/prediction/piss-in-the-wind guess as to who'll go where.

Questions? Comments? Trying to get back the money that Crown Prince Abubu of Rwanda lifted from your savings after your wife sent him the bank account numbers for her piece of $15 million? Let us know.

1. San Diego Chargers: Eli Manning, QB, Mississippi.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars (via trade with Oakland Raiders): Larry Fitzgerald, WR, Pittsburgh.

With the Raiders locked onto Kellen Winslow -- and with the Redskins likely out of the running for him given his decision to go with the Postons -- look for Count Chocula to realize that he can slide down and snag the player whom he covets. And if Winslow is gone at No. 9, look for the Raiders to snag the fastest remaining received named Williams. To make the jump, the Jags will give up a two and a three, and maybe a three in 2005.

3. Arizona Cardinals: Ben Roethlisberger, QB Miami (Ohio).

4. New York Giants: Robert Gallery, OT, Iowa.

5. Cleveland Browns (via trade with Washington Redskins): Sean Taylor, S, Miami.

Ron Wolf is smart enough to know the obviously bogus rumor that the Lions will trade down with the Pats if Sean Taylor is available ain't nothing more than a semi-elaborate effort by Matt Millen (with the help of his old pal Ron Borges) to make other teams think that he's trying to make it look like he's not really interested in getting Taylor for himself -- since he's supposedly willing to trade down and he's supposedly willing to use the pick if Taylor is gone.

Butch Davis wants Taylor, and the Browns will conclude in the end that the Lions would draft him. So they'll swap spots with the 'Skins, who'll likely add a three or a four (i.e., whatever the Browns get for Dennis Northcutt) to a depleted pack of picks.

6. Detroit Lions: Steven Jackson, RB, Oregon State.

Mooch went with a committee approach in Frisco because he didn't have a franchise back. But the Lions' best years over the past 40 seasons (all three of them) came with big-name runners like Sims and Sanders. Adding Jackson to that list could be the team's best chance to get back to January football.

7. Oakland Raiders (from Cleveland through Washington): Kellen Winslow, TE, Miami.

Dan Snyder/Joe Gibbs will use the possibility of a trade down with the Bears to coax Count Chocula to throw the Jaguars three to D.C. for the right to nab Winslow five spots lower -- and several million bucks cheaper.

8. Atlanta Falcons: Roy Williams, WR, Texas.

9. Washington Redskins (from Jacksonville through Oakland): Will Smith, DE, Ohio State.

10. New York Jets (from Houston): DeAngelo Hall, CB, Virginia Tech.

The Jets jump ahead of the Steelers, who'll be reluctant to trade up for the second straight year to draft for need.

11. Pittsburgh Steelers: Shawn Andrews, T, Arkansas.

Not the best available player (and a confirmed turd), but the Steelers' problems on offense in 2003 flowed from an inept line -- and Andrews is the next best thing to Gallery.

12. Houston Texans (from New York Jets): Tommie Harris, DT, Oklahoma.

13. Buffalo Bills: Mike Williams, WR, USC.

True to form, Tom Donahoe eschews need and goes for the best available athlete.

14. Dallas Cowboys (from Chicago Bears): Kevin Jones, RB, Virginia Tech.

Tuna will be willing to give up a mid-level pick or two in order to get a guy who can kick-start an anemic running game.

15. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Dunta Robinson, CB, South Carolina.

The eventual replacement for Ronde Barber or Bryan Kelly comes to town, just like Booger McFarland in 2001.

16. San Francisco 49ers: Reggie Williams, WR, Washington.

If owner's representative John York genuinely cared about winning football games, he'd try to swing a deal to get in striking distance for another R.Williams -- Roy.

17. Cincinnati Bengals: Kenechi Udeze, DE, USC.

18. New Orleans Saints: Chris Gamble, CB, Ohio State.

19. Minnesota Vikings: D.J. Williams, LB, Miami.

20. Miami Dolphins: Ahmad Carroll, CB, Arkansas.

21. New England Patriots: Greg Jones, RB, Florida State.

22. Chicago Bears (from Dallas): Vince Wilfork, DT, Miami.

23. Philadelphia Eagles (from Seattle Seahawks): Michael Clayton, WR, LSU.

24. Denver Broncos: Marcus Tubbs, DT, Texas.

25. Green Bay Packers: J.P. Losman, QB, Tulane.

This pick happens only if the Packers don't acquire Tim Couch. If they do, look for them to take CB Shawntae Spencer.

26. St. Louis Rams: Shawntae Spencer, CB, Pitt.

27. Tennessee Titans: Antonio Smith, DE, Oklahoma State.

28. Seattle Seahawks (from Philadelphia): Junior Saleava, DT, Oregon State.

29. Indianapolis Colts: Jonathan Vilma, LB, Miami.

30. Kansas City Chiefs: Will Poole, CB, USC.

Poole gets back into the first round only if he redeems himself on April 16 with a solid workout.

31. Carolina Panthers: Jeremy Leseur, CB, Michigan.

32. New England Partriots: Rashaun Woods, WR, Oklahoma St.

Sarge's Little Helper
04-09-2004, 01:01 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com

VERSION 4

APRIL 8, 2004

We know -- we've been promising the fourth version of the mock draft for two weeks. Without further adieu (and with minimal explanation this time around) here is our current best estimate/prediction/piss-in-the-wind guess as to who'll go where.

Questions? Comments? Trying to get back the money that Crown Prince Abubu of Rwanda lifted from your savings after your wife sent him the bank account numbers for her piece of $15 million? Let us know.

1. San Diego Chargers: Eli Manning, QB, Mississippi.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars (via trade with Oakland Raiders): Larry Fitzgerald, WR, Pittsburgh.

With the Raiders locked onto Kellen Winslow -- and with the Redskins likely out of the running for him given his decision to go with the Postons -- look for Count Chocula to realize that he can slide down and snag the player whom he covets. And if Winslow is gone at No. 9, look for the Raiders to snag the fastest remaining received named Williams. To make the jump, the Jags will give up a two and a three, and maybe a three in 2005.

3. Arizona Cardinals: Ben Roethlisberger, QB Miami (Ohio).

4. New York Giants: Robert Gallery, OT, Iowa.

5. Cleveland Browns (via trade with Washington Redskins): Sean Taylor, S, Miami.

Ron Wolf is smart enough to know the obviously bogus rumor that the Lions will trade down with the Pats if Sean Taylor is available ain't nothing more than a semi-elaborate effort by Matt Millen (with the help of his old pal Ron Borges) to make other teams think that he's trying to make it look like he's not really interested in getting Taylor for himself -- since he's supposedly willing to trade down and he's supposedly willing to use the pick if Taylor is gone.

Butch Davis wants Taylor, and the Browns will conclude in the end that the Lions would draft him. So they'll swap spots with the 'Skins, who'll likely add a three or a four (i.e., whatever the Browns get for Dennis Northcutt) to a depleted pack of picks.

6. Detroit Lions: Steven Jackson, RB, Oregon State.

Mooch went with a committee approach in Frisco because he didn't have a franchise back. But the Lions' best years over the past 40 seasons (all three of them) came with big-name runners like Sims and Sanders. Adding Jackson to that list could be the team's best chance to get back to January football.

7. Oakland Raiders (from Cleveland through Washington): Kellen Winslow, TE, Miami.

Dan Snyder/Joe Gibbs will use the possibility of a trade down with the Bears to coax Count Chocula to throw the Jaguars three to D.C. for the right to nab Winslow five spots lower -- and several million bucks cheaper.

8. Atlanta Falcons: Roy Williams, WR, Texas.

9. Washington Redskins (from Jacksonville through Oakland): Will Smith, DE, Ohio State.

10. New York Jets (from Houston): DeAngelo Hall, CB, Virginia Tech.

The Jets jump ahead of the Steelers, who'll be reluctant to trade up for the second straight year to draft for need.

11. Pittsburgh Steelers: Shawn Andrews, T, Arkansas.

Not the best available player (and a confirmed turd), but the Steelers' problems on offense in 2003 flowed from an inept line -- and Andrews is the next best thing to Gallery.

12. Houston Texans (from New York Jets): Tommie Harris, DT, Oklahoma.

13. Buffalo Bills: Mike Williams, WR, USC.

True to form, Tom Donahoe eschews need and goes for the best available athlete.

14. Dallas Cowboys (from Chicago Bears): Kevin Jones, RB, Virginia Tech.

Tuna will be willing to give up a mid-level pick or two in order to get a guy who can kick-start an anemic running game.

15. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Dunta Robinson, CB, South Carolina.

The eventual replacement for Ronde Barber or Bryan Kelly comes to town, just like Booger McFarland in 2001.

16. San Francisco 49ers: Reggie Williams, WR, Washington.

If owner's representative John York genuinely cared about winning football games, he'd try to swing a deal to get in striking distance for another R.Williams -- Roy.

17. Cincinnati Bengals: Kenechi Udeze, DE, USC.

18. New Orleans Saints: Chris Gamble, CB, Ohio State.

19. Minnesota Vikings: D.J. Williams, LB, Miami.

20. Miami Dolphins: Ahmad Carroll, CB, Arkansas.

21. New England Patriots: Greg Jones, RB, Florida State.

22. Chicago Bears (from Dallas): Vince Wilfork, DT, Miami.

23. Philadelphia Eagles (from Seattle Seahawks): Michael Clayton, WR, LSU.

24. Denver Broncos: Marcus Tubbs, DT, Texas.

25. Green Bay Packers: J.P. Losman, QB, Tulane.

This pick happens only if the Packers don't acquire Tim Couch. If they do, look for them to take CB Shawntae Spencer.

26. St. Louis Rams: Shawntae Spencer, CB, Pitt.

27. Tennessee Titans: Antonio Smith, DE, Oklahoma State.

28. Seattle Seahawks (from Philadelphia): Junior Saleava, DT, Oregon State.

29. Indianapolis Colts: Jonathan Vilma, LB, Miami.

30. Kansas City Chiefs: Will Poole, CB, USC.

Poole gets back into the first round only if he redeems himself on April 16 with a solid workout.

31. Carolina Panthers: Jeremy Leseur, CB, Michigan.

32. New England Partriots: Rashaun Woods, WR, Oklahoma St.

Oops. I wasn't paying attention. Tell me again what is going on.

POJO_Risin
04-11-2004, 12:22 PM
Those deals are going to shape the draft...it may be an interesting one...especially since there are so many solid players...

ALinChainz
04-11-2004, 01:50 PM
It is a very deep draft. No way to know what teams are just talking smack, making up rumors to influence position or what.

Here's the mock we did for our site, working on the 2nd round this week.

1. San Diego (4-12) – Eli Manning, QB, Mississippi

2. Oakland (4-12) – Ben Roethlisberger, QB, Miami (OH)

3. Arizona (4-12) – Larry Fitzgerald, WR, Pittsburgh

4. NY Giants (4-12) – Robert Gallery, OT, Iowa

5. Washington (5-11) – Sean Taylor, S, Miami

6. Detroit (5-11) - Steven Jackson, RB, Oregon State

7. Cleveland (5-11) – Kellen Winslow, TE, Miami

8. Atlanta (5-11) – Kenechi Udeze, DE, USC

9. Jacksonville (5-11) – Roy Williams, WR, Texas

10. Houston (5-11) – Tommie Harris, DT, Oklahoma

11. Pittsburgh (6-10) – Philip Rivers, QB, North Carolina State

12. NY Jets (6-10) – DeAngelo Hall, CB, Virginia Tech

13. Buffalo (6-10) – Will Smith, DE, Ohio State

14. Chicago (7-9) – Vince Wilfork, DT, Miami

15. Tampa Bay (7-9) – Jonathan Vilma, MLB, Miami

16. San Francisco (7-9) – Reggie Williams, WR, Washington

17. Denver from Cincinnati (8-8) – Chris Gamble, CB, Ohio State

18. New Orleans (8-8) – Dunta Robinson, CB, South Carolina

19. Minnesota (9-7) – D.J. Williams, OLB, Miami

20. Miami (10-6) – Shawn Andrews, OT, Arkansas

21. New England from Baltimore (10-6) – Kevin Jones, RB, Virginia Tech

22. Dallas (10-6) – Chris Perry, RB, Michigan

23. Seattle (10-6) – Darnell Dockett, DT, Florida State

24. Cincinnati from Denver (10-6) – Ben Troupe, TE, Florida

25. Green Bay (10-6) - J.P Losman, QB, Tulane

26. St. Louis (10-6) – Derrick Strait, CB, Oklahoma

27. Tennessee (12-4) - Mike Williams, WR, USC

28. Philadelphia (12-4) – Will Poole, CB, USC

29. Indianapolis (12-4) – Karlos Dansby, OLB, Auburn

30. Kansas City (13-3) – Vernon Carey, OT, Miami

31. Carolina (11-5) – Michael Clayton, WR, LSU

32. New England (14-2) – Chris Snee, OG, Boston College

Not like anyone is going to get them all, so figured what the hell.

ALinChainz
04-14-2004, 03:10 PM
2004 NFL Mock Draft

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com

Wednesday, April 14, 2004

The NFL Draft is fast approaching (April 24-25), and rumors continue to swirl about potential trades that could shake the very foundation of the draft. As per usual, the Fanball staff is tracking each and every report.

And, like we did last week, we're speculating on a couple of the more prominent rumors to see just how they might affect the draft. This week's trades involve the Giants moving up to the top spot, with the Chargers collecting a cache of additional picks by sliding first to fourth and then to tenth. Also, we see the Raiders—who last week in our mock traded down to the Browns' pick—dealing down again, this time with the Redskins. Interestingly enough, last week's Fanball mockery had the Skins trading down. That's how quickly things change in the NFL.

And now, on with the countdown...

1. New York Giants (projected from Chargers): Eli Manning, QB, Mississippi Comment: We're playing out the recent rumors of the Giants trading up to grab Manning. Along with the fourth selection, the G-Men would likely package Kerry Collins, Ike Hilliard, and/or more draft picks. Manning would probably battle a token veteran for the starting job.

2. Washington Redskins (projected from Raiders): Robert Gallery, OT, Iowa Comment: The Redskins need cap room and have asked left tackle Chris Samuels to rework his salary. No dice, says his agent, who also happens to represent the disgruntled Patrick Ramsey. So, the ‘Skins are looking to send Samuels to the Raiders and move up to grab the coveted Gallery.

3. Arizona Cardinals: Larry Fitzgerald, WR, Pittsburgh Comment: Yawn. It's no secret that the Cards covet Fitzgerald, and only the Raiders could ruin Denny Green's dream by sticking at #2 and grabbing Larry. If that happens, the Cardinals will look at Roy Williams and Sean Taylor.

4. Houston Texans (projected from Giants via Chargers): Sean Taylor, S, Miami-FL Comment: With the Chargers locked in on Philip Rivers and looking to trade down again, Houston should be more than willing to package some of its 10 picks in an effort to move up and grab the best defensive player in the draft. 5. Oakland Raiders (projected from Redskins): Roy Williams, WR, Texas Comment: Raiders' owner Al Davis scores some extra draft picks for the oldest team in the league and still gets the receiver he wants in this slot. Williams will get at least one year of tutoring from greatest receiver in history, Jerry Rice.

6. Detroit Lions: Kellen Winslow, Jr., TE, Miami-FL Comment: The Lions will wait until rounds two or three to fill their need at running back. Winslow visited the Lions recently and has no problem with them drafting him despite his father's harsh criticism over the Steve Mariucci hiring process last year.

7. Cleveland Browns: Ben Roethlisberger, QB, Miami-OH Comment: Imagine you and three of your friends run into the Dahm triplets and their unattractive friend. How would you feel if you ended up with the dumpy one? That's how the Browns are situated in this draft, watching Gallery and Taylor and Winslow go off the board. If they don't trade down, Roethlisberger is a decent consolation prize, since it's unlikely Jeff Garcia is the future of Cleveland football.

8. Atlanta Falcons: Will Smith, DE, Ohio State Comment: The Falcons will be torn between addressing needs on the defensive line, in the secondary, and at wide receiver. The defensive-minded Jim Mora, Jr., is most likely to draft defense, but will have a tough time choosing between Smith and DeAngelo Hall.

9. Jacksonville Jaguars: Kenechi Udeze, DE, USC Comment: With Roy Williams off the board, it will be easier for Jack Del Rio to stick to his plan of going with a defensive lineman in the first round. Trojans reunited!

10. San Diego Chargers (projected from Texans): Philip Rivers, QB, N.C. State Comment: The Chargers trade down in the draft, stockpile other picks, and still get the quarterback that head coach Marty Schottenheimer has reportedly fallen in love with.

11. Pittsburgh Steelers: DeAngelo Hall, CB, Virginia Tech Comment: The Chargers won't trade down past Pittsburgh, since they know how much the Steelers covet Rivers. Unless Bill Cowher trades down and takes J.P. Lohsman, they'll use this pick to address their glaring need for a cover corner.

12. New York Jets: Dunta Robinson, CB, South Carolina Comment: Jets' officials would love to see DeAngelo Hall drop to them after missing out on Antoine Winfield in free agency, but they'll settle for the equally fast Robinson.

13. Buffalo Bills: Mike Williams, WR, USC Comment: The Bills found out the hard way that Josh Reed wasn't ready to replace Peerless Price. In Williams, the team gets a second receiver, which will allow Reed to return to the third receiver role he once shined in.

14. Chicago Bears: Tommie Harris, DT, Oklahoma Comment: Clean up in the Bears' war room! Clean up in the Bears' war room! Their biggest draft day need is fulfilled with the top player at the position thanks to a series of trades in front of them that allowed Harris to slide.

15. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Vince Wilfork, DT, Miami-FL Comment: Jonathan Vilma is a strong candidate to be selected here, and the team is also rumored to be considering wide receivers. It's going to be hard for team officials to pass on Wilfork, who can be plugged in as a replacement for Warren Sapp.

16. San Francisco 49ers: Reggie Williams, WR, Washington Comment: The 49ers need help at receiver, defensive tackle, and defensive end, and Reggie Williams is likely their top priority. If he's gone, it likely means that Smith, Harris, or Wilfork has fallen, and the club would be pleased with any one of those three guys. If all four are off the board, the 49ers may look to move down the board.

17. Denver Broncos (from Bengals): Steven Jackson, RB, Oregon State Comment: Broncos' coach Mike Shanahan traded up with the intent of getting Jackson. However, the Patriots hold two first round picks, so there's a chance they could swing a trade and win the Jackson sweepstakes.

18. New Orleans Saints: Jonathan Vilma, LB, Miami-FL Comment: The Saints have a need at cornerback, but Chris Gamble lives up to his last name. Saints' coach Jim Haslett will happily select the best linebacker available.

19. Minnesota Vikings: D.J. Williams, LB, Miami-FL Comment: If the actual draft works out this way, the Vikes will be thrilled. They would be more than happy to select either Vilma or Williams to shore up their linebacking corps.

20. Miami Dolphins: Shawn Andrews, OT, Arkansas Comment: Not the flashiest pick, but a logical choice for a team that lives and dies on Ricky Williams and the ground game.

21. New England Patriots: Kevin Jones, RB, Virginia Tech Comment: Jones loves Bill Belichick, but does the Patriots head coach love Jones enough to stand back and allow the Broncos to take Steven Jackson? If not, look for the Pats to package their two first-round picks to move ahead of the Broncos.

22. Dallas Cowboys: Chris Perry, RB, Michigan Comment: With Jackson and Jones off the board, the Cowboys grab the third-rated back in the draft. Rumor has it that Dallas prefers Jones, and they may opt to grab a cornerback or offensive lineman over Perry.

23. Seattle Seahawks: Randy Starks, DT, Maryland Comment: It's all about defense for the Seahawks, and they would love for Vilma or D.J. Williams to fall this far and fill their need at linebacker. With both Miami linebackers off the board, Starks or linebacker Karlos Dansby will likely be the pick.

24. Cincinnati Bengals (from Broncos): Chris Gamble, CB, Ohio State Comment: The Bengals added Deltha O'Neal in the trade that dropped them to this pick, but unless Marvin Lewis has a sudden craving for a defensive lineman, picking the athletic and versatile—not to mention local—Gamble makes the most sense.

25. Green Bay Packers: Marquise Hill, DE, LSU Comment: Assuming the Pack finally, someday, any day now lands Tim Couch to back up Brett Favre, they will address their glaring need on the defensive line. Hill, who is currently in Green Bay visiting the Packers, can play end and move inside if need be.

26. St. Louis Rams: J.P. Losman, QB, Tulane Comment: The Rams are reportedly looking at five different positions and eight different players at this spot. We're betting those five spots are quarterback, defensive end, tight end, offensive guard, and safety, in no particular order. We're going with Losman over a defensive end, which might be the smarter short-term move since the Rams lost Grant Wistrom.

27. Tennessee Titans: Antwan Odom, DE, Alabama Comment: It may be very difficult for the Titans to pass on Vernon Carey, but they will if they think Jake Grove will still be on the board when they use the Jets' pick acquired for Justin McCareins in round two. Kevin Carter moves inside this year, meaning the need is for a pass-rushing defensive end; Odom fits the bill.

28. Kansas City Chiefs: Lee Evans, WR, Wisconsin Comment: We know how much the Chiefs need defensive help, but we also know how much head coach Dick Vermiel loves speedy receivers. Everyone knows the former Rams coach loves a good cry, and we're sure he'll have one if speedster Evans is still available this late.

29. Philadelphia Eagles: Vernon Carey, OG, Miami-FL Comment: The Eagles have needs at offensive line, linebacker, and cornerback. All three positions are possibilities, and Andy Reid will grab the top-rated player left at those spots. Carey would back up multiple spots along an injury-plagued line.

29. Indianapolis Colts: Karlos Dansby, LB, Auburn Comment: Indy's needs clearly lie on the defensive side of the ball, and Dansby is the top defender left on the board. More importantly, he fills an immediate need, as the Colts have lost a starting linebacker to the salary cap each of the past two seasons.

31. Carolina Panthers: Michael Clayton, WR, LSU Comment: Most draft experts consider Clayton a safer pick than Lee Evans and the Wisconsin receiver's twice-surgically repaired knee. Meanwhile, rumors persist that head coach John Fox would like to draft an eventual replacement for Mushin Muhammad.

32. New England Patriots: Ben Troupe, TE, Florida Comment: Having already addressed the running back need, Belichick is free to draft the best tight end New England has seen since the glory days of Ben Coates. If Troupe is gone by the time this pick comes up, their defensive guru of a coach may consider defensive backs such as Derrick Strait and Sean Jones.

High Life Man
04-14-2004, 05:23 PM
What up POJ?

What are you guys going to do now that I'm no longer your fantasy football minor league system? ;)

I think a lot of people are overlooking Lee Evans. Granted I'm biased because of where he's from, but the guy is going ot be a monster. Great speed, good hands. Came back from a devistating injury and put up some good numbers.

ALinChainz
04-14-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by High Life Man
What up POJ?

What are you guys going to do now that I'm no longer your fantasy football minor league system? ;)

I think a lot of people are overlooking Lee Evans. Granted I'm biased because of where he's from, but the guy is going ot be a monster. Great speed, good hands. Came back from a devistating injury and put up some good numbers.

No one asked me, but he does look like he's recovered. But that knee is twice worked on now, which will probably knock him down into round 2.

Could be a steal for someone. This is a receiver deep draft.

POJO_Risin
04-17-2004, 01:31 AM
lmfao High Life...lmfao...

I almost got burned in all that highway robbery...

I'm really thinking that all these moves that are going to be made are going to cost the Steelers Rivers...

Cowher has come down here several times to chat with Rivers...been on the talk show circuit a lot down here with his "secret" meetings...

I just can't believe that he would do that thinking he's actually going to get Rivers...I think all those trades are going to happen...Rivers going to San Diego...good move for them...

Then Pittsburgh would get the position they'd truly need...with Hall in the first...

I'd love for them to get Rivers though...

POJO_Risin
04-17-2004, 01:32 AM
This is going to be one of those drafts in which there are a lot of "steals."

It's just a deep draft...I think a lot of surprises are going to crop up outta this one...we shall see though...we shall see...

one week and counting until the fun begins...

POJO_Risin
04-17-2004, 01:50 AM
Looks like the Giants/Chargers deal is dead for now...of course...with a week to go...that means nothing...

POJO_Risin
04-17-2004, 01:55 AM
Would be nice if Pittsburgh could get Rivers 1...somehow get Will Poole number 2...not the best of the bunch...but could be a sleeper pick in the 2nd round...or going OLine in the second round...perhaps Nat Dorsey...and perhaps getting Shawntae Spencer in the third round...

big kid...and WOULD be a steal if they get him in the third...

POJO_Risin
04-17-2004, 02:00 AM
Has anyone heard about the rumor of Washington trading up with San Diego to snag Gallery?

with San Diego dropping...then even trading their swapped pick to give up Rothesberger...to get Rivers...and racking up picks...

POJO_Risin
04-17-2004, 02:04 AM
Is it even possible that San Diego stays one...and takes Larry Fitzgerald 1...

with Manning eventually going 3 to Arizona...and Rothlisberger going 4?...

and Gallery dropping all the way to 6 or 7...I know Cleveland wants Winslow...but I can't imagine him dropping down that far...

I'm really liking Shawntae Spencer..

ALinChainz
04-18-2004, 12:08 AM
Would be nice if Pittsburgh could get Rivers 1...somehow get Will Poole number 2...not the best of the bunch...but could be a sleeper pick in the 2nd round...or going OLine in the second round...perhaps Nat Dorsey...and perhaps getting Shawntae Spencer in the third round...

big kid...and WOULD be a steal if they get him in the third...

Poole had his second workout in front of NFL scouts this past week and faired much better than he did the first time. Not a burner but better game speed.

Schottenheimer does like Rivers a lot, he seems to be the player they would trade down to get while dealing the number one. But if they stay, the Steelers could get a shot at him.

POJO_Risin
04-18-2004, 12:11 AM
Have you heard anything about Spencer? I'm hearing that he is getting raves...and could move from a 3rd or 4th rounder...all the way up to a high 2nd rounder...

ALinChainz
04-18-2004, 12:24 AM
Has anyone heard about the rumor of Washington trading up with San Diego to snag Gallery?

with San Diego dropping...then even trading their swapped pick to give up Rothesberger...to get Rivers...and racking up picks...

I did hear that. So far what I've read is that it's more San Diego creating the noise, driving interest by any team wanting to deal for it. I know the Skins want very much to restructure Chris Samuels contract, but Cerrato said that the rumors are false that a lot of teams are blowing false smoke signals.

Hard to say, but the Skins have also talked about moving down. They only have like 3 picks total I think.

POJO_Risin
04-18-2004, 12:27 AM
Well...I know that Samuels is bitching and griping about restructuring...I've got to hope that they don't do that deal...

If Pittsburgh gets Rivers with 1...I think they'll do better in the second and third as far as filling needs and having a qb for the future...

I'm just worry they're going to hang their hat on a third or fourth rounder with potential...as they've done in the past...

ALinChainz
04-18-2004, 12:37 AM
Have you heard anything about Spencer? I'm hearing that he is getting raves...and could move from a 3rd or 4th rounder...all the way up to a high 2nd rounder...

I wouldn't be surprised if he went in the second. Teams need corners and there aren't that many in this draft.

I bet its safe to say he had to cover Fitzgerald in practice a lot, that alone should make him solid.

POJO_Risin
04-18-2004, 12:40 AM
I'm hoping for Rivers first...

Poole sliding to them in the second...or taking Spencer second...then stacking up some Lineman prospects in the third, fourth and fifth...

we'll see though...we'll see...

ALinChainz
04-18-2004, 12:43 AM
Looks like it would depend on the Chargers. Maybe Pittsburgh will make a move up, but it would probably be during those first few picks on the day of the draft. They would have to see if the Chargers do anything, and see where Rivers might fall.

They need to do something there, Maddox isn't long term.

ALinChainz
04-18-2004, 12:45 AM
Same for me, waiting to see what the Lions are going to do. We seem to be in the thick of taking Jackson or Winslow or Taylor at #6, or trading down, maybe with the Pats, and now entertaining the possibility of trading for Larry Allen, and now tnight read a rumor about sending a couple 2nd round picks to J-Ville for Darius.

Wild, but I love this shit.

POJO_Risin
04-18-2004, 12:53 AM
Yeah Al...I have to tell you man...this draft is as interesting as it gets...

It's a pot luck this year...

You get the feeling that there are 15 or so players that are an inch away from each other in talent...

We shall see...

San Diego is in an interesting boat...with Leaf blowing up...then passing on Vick for Brees...and now a chance to get Manning...

if they blow this one...they may be disbanded...unless they can somehow muster Dan Fouts back into the lineup...

ALinChainz
04-18-2004, 01:12 AM
More interesting than the last couple, although they have been entertaining with the Vikes making it interesting with their first round blunders the last couple years.

I don't envy them at this point. Brees has proven to be quite ordinary and to me, they should stay right there and take Manning.

Not that his dad was a world beater, but he was smart, and Peyton has turned into a stat monster and getting closer to the big game, you can't coach pedigree.

As much as I like Rivers, and I like him better than Ben, I would stay there and take Manning no question.

DLRismydad
04-18-2004, 11:52 AM
everyone is overlooking Miami DT Vince Wilfork. this guy is right up there with Tommie Harris as best DT in the draft.

POJO_Risin
04-23-2004, 08:27 PM
I think Pittsburgh is either going to get Rivers or Roethlisberger...

I'd prefer Roethlisberger...but I think Marty has a fucking Woody for this guy because he reminds him of a former butt buddy...Bernie Kosar...

Fuck it then...take the kid from OHIO...

Va Beach VH Fan
04-23-2004, 08:38 PM
I agree Poj, I don't think Rivers is going to last....

San Diego may very well trade out of #1 with the G-men and get Rivers at #4....

I think Big Ben is headed to the 'Burgh....

POJO_Risin
04-23-2004, 08:44 PM
Well...this could get funny...San Diego is really jockeying for position...

if they dropped to number 4...and didn't take Gallery...they'd be insane...Gallery is the real deal....and man...you add that fucker with Tomlinson...and you've got something...but they'd get crucified for not taking a qb...

so I really think they'll trade down to number 7 with Cleveland so they can get Gallery...

putting them at number 7...

I think Pittsburgh wants Rivers bad enough that they would trade up to 6 with Detroit to get him...or have Detroit draft him...then trade for him...

it could really get interesting...I would piss my pants if fucking San Diego dealt down to 7 to get Rivers...only to have Pittsburgh steal him...

I wouldn't be upset with Ben though...

I think they figure after Gallery...the Tackles all stack up the same...from first round to third round...I think they'll address the corner situation...in round 2...which historically has been their best pick...

ALinChainz
04-23-2004, 08:55 PM
Well...this could get funny...San Diego is really jockeying for position...

if they dropped to number 4...and didn't take Gallery...they'd be insane...Gallery is the real deal....and man...you add that fucker with Tomlinson...and you've got something...but they'd get crucified for not taking a qb...

so I really think they'll trade down to number 7 with Cleveland so they can get Gallery...

putting them at number 7...

I think Pittsburgh wants Rivers bad enough that they would trade up to 6 with Detroit to get him...or have Detroit draft him...then trade for him...

it could really get interesting...I would piss my pants if fucking San Diego dealt down to 7 to get Rivers...only to have Pittsburgh steal him...

I wouldn't be upset with Ben though...

I think they figure after Gallery...the Tackles all stack up the same...from first round to third round...I think they'll address the corner situation...in round 2...which historically has been their best pick...

The rumor I read that Plaxico would come in the deal with the Steelers #11 for the #6, which would put us in good position to take RB Jackson.

Just read the Skins will bypass both Taylor and take Winslow.

POJO_Risin
04-23-2004, 08:57 PM
So wait...Pittsburgh is planning on trading Plax and the 11 for the 6?

Christ...

that's insane...totally insane...

you don't think they'd take Jackson if they keep that pick do you?

ALinChainz
04-23-2004, 11:26 PM
I am hoping for Jackson. But I do where they are coming from where maybe he isn't worth the #6, but it can be dealt to someone looking to move up to nab Rivers or Taylor, maybe even Big Ben (easier to spell).

I don't put much stock in the rumors this close to the draft. It is so hard to tell who is telling the truth, if anyone is.

I'd do that deal though. Matching Burress with Rogers, being from the same school would create a nice tandem, pushing each other, and we could still get Jakcson at #11.

Winslow is still major possibility, and Roy Williams if he's there.

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 10:15 AM
Man...I would fear that fucking Rogers/Burress tandem...

Harrington pans out...

and if Jackson works out...that's one hell of a young...and damn good combo...

PBurgh would be insane to make that deal...

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 10:16 AM
What time does the draft start anyways?

ALinChainz
04-24-2004, 11:25 AM
Noon. 12 o'clock HIGH.

Today, our teams get better.

I think the trade rumore may be just that, but makes it fun.

For those of us who had to be at work today, but have internet, my bro at home is working OT on the draft.

http://www.thefantasymasters.com/blog/nfl_draft_coverage.asp

Refresh every few minutes, players and synopsis, etc.

Fairwrning
04-24-2004, 11:28 AM
im gonna go on a limb and say Dangelo hall goes sooner...like #7 to Cleveland....Browns love to draft hokies....

Fairwrning
04-24-2004, 12:03 PM
lmao...the Mannings just got booed

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 01:22 PM
Fuck the Mannings...they are the lowest on my NFL totem pole...fuck them all...

Eli and Archie whine like a fucking bitch...

and essentially force the Chargers hand...

the giants take Rivers...and are going to trade him to San Diego for fucking Manning...

horseshit...

I hope Eli and Archie...and fucking Peyton for that matter shit blood for a month...

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 01:24 PM
Holy hell...the Browns trade up one pick for a second rounder...and select Winslow...they must have blocked somebody...I think the Lions are about to trade down again...get more picks...so they can get Jackson...the guy they really want...and stockpile some picks...

good move on their part if you ask me...

This draft is getting really interesting...

I think Pittsburgh is looking to trade up to get Roethlesberger...

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 01:31 PM
I think the potential for the Steelers to lose out on Roethlisberger are real...and I don't think Hall will slide that far...I'm wondering if they are looking to trade down potentially...if they don't get the guys they want...

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 01:33 PM
Hmmm...Detroit didn't trade that pick...they took Williams...a steal at that spot, which leads me to believe that they were looking to deal for Burress...

Williams and Rogers are to fantastic receivers...

They must not want Jackson...unless they are going to trade Williams for that spot in the draft...

Troy
04-24-2004, 01:34 PM
I have no idea who these guys are. ;)

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 01:35 PM
LMFAO Troy...your ass better pay attention...we may be looking at these guys as our rookie picks this year!

Troy
04-24-2004, 01:41 PM
Did you get my first payment?

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 01:45 PM
Yeah...I'm going to hold onto it for now...before I deposit or anything of the such...

There are several teams that may, or may not be back...so we don't know if we have to look at teams to add yet...

Joe...one of my really good friends...told me that there may be 6 slots open in our 12 team league...

we're just waiting to see if that's true...and who's available to take over their slots...before deciding on how much it will cost this year...

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 01:46 PM
Got it yesterday...

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 01:47 PM
Wow...Manning goes to the Giants for a third rounder this year...and a first and Fifth Rounder....

San Diego gets Rivers...good move for them...

ALinChainz
04-24-2004, 01:48 PM
Fuck the Mannings...they are the lowest on my NFL totem pole...fuck them all...

Eli and Archie whine like a fucking bitch...

and essentially force the Chargers hand...

the giants take Rivers...and are going to trade him to San Diego for fucking Manning...

horseshit...

I hope Eli and Archie...and fucking Peyton for that matter shit blood for a month...

This is one trade happy fucker so far.

Cleveland gave us their second rounder to move up 1 spot to take Winslow. We could have just taken Roy Williams, and they would have had Winslow without giving up nada.

That I don't get, but I don't think the Lions are done dealing yet.

Troy
04-24-2004, 01:49 PM
I'm going to send you another one next week. It's just easier for me to split it up over 2-3 checks dpending on the final price for my half. I'm guessing around $150, give or take???

Troy
04-24-2004, 01:51 PM
Why didn't the Chargers just take rivers first? Is it so they could get more picks? Does the number one overall get a lot more money or something?

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by ALinChainz
This is one trade happy fucker so far.

Cleveland gave us their second rounder to move up 1 spot to take Winslow. We could have just taken Roy Williams, and they would have had Winslow without giving up nada.

That I don't get, but I don't think the Lions are done dealing yet.

Yo man...it had to be the Browns blocking another trade up...I think someone must have been offereing the Lions something to get Winslow...and they called the Browns...let them know...and the Browns then offered the trade to assure the other didn't take place...

can be the only explanation...

they knew the Lions could have traded down and taken Jackson and been happy...so they had to do it...

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 01:55 PM
Why didn't the Chargers just take rivers first? Is it so they could get more picks? Does the number one overall get a lot more money or something?

Several Reasons Troy...including the fact that Rivers isn't a number 1 guy...

1. You take the guy that's rated 1 so you don't get crucified by your fans and media folks...now...they take Manning...knowing the Giants wanted him...you get the guy you want...and now...they stockpile another number 3 this year, a first and fifth next year...and still get their guy at number 4...if the Giants had balked...then they'd have been fucked...but everyone would have done the same thing...

I guess I listed all my reasons there...

aside from the fact that the deal might not have been done until after the Manning choice...

ALinChainz
04-24-2004, 01:56 PM
Youre right. It surprsied me they gave up their second, so I'm hoping we use that to get back into round one and nab Jackson.

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 01:56 PM
Sounds good Troy...yeah...$150 will cover it...I may send you back some if it's to much...I'll let you know...last year we were $250...

this year we were talking $300...but that was with a full league of 12 guys...

I'll let you know...

Troy
04-24-2004, 01:57 PM
Why hasn't that RB from Oregon State been picked? I thought he was supposed to be good.

ALinChainz
04-24-2004, 01:57 PM
And with Manning at the helm, the picks next year could be very high in their respective rounds for the Chargers.

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 01:58 PM
Youre right. It surprsied me they gave up their second, so I'm hoping we use that to get back into round one and nab Jackson.

I bet they are...hell man......they have the options now...

I'm hoping Pittsburgh can keep Buffalo from trading up...

Troy
04-24-2004, 01:59 PM
You can keep it for FA fees or just keep it until the end of the season and add it to the pot if we win anything.

POJO_Risin
Why hasn't that RB from Oregon State been picked? I thought he was supposed to be good.

He is...but there are other needs ahead of him...and players rated higher ahead of him...a rare draft that isn't RB deep...

Looks like Pittsburgh gets Big Ben...

ALinChainz

He is the best RB available, just not rated on most teams boards as a top 10 pick. He is a target for some teams, but only for other teams trying to move up.

If that makes sense, I get giddy on draft day.

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 02:00 PM
We will win something...

I think Pittsburgh gets a steal...

Ben was rated top five all preseason...they are going to make out with the Chargers woody for Rivers...get a top five guy at 11...

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 02:01 PM
Oh Chainz...I think those picks will be Monster high...but you don't think Manning with start ahead of Collins do you?

ALinChainz
04-24-2004, 02:02 PM
And with the 2 top corners gone, Ben is ripe for the Steelers.

Troy
04-24-2004, 02:02 PM
So here's a question... I seems the last few years, guys get drafted and make an impact instantly for their teams. How many of these fisrt round guys will see significant action and make a difference?

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 02:03 PM
Pittsburgh gets their qb...thank god...I like Big Ben...I think Rivers is a sure thing...but Ben is more athletic...some comparing him to McNair...

I just hope he's healthier than McNair...

ALinChainz
04-24-2004, 02:03 PM
Oh Chainz...I think those picks will be Monster high...but you don't think Manning with start ahead of Collins do you?

Alot of reports now are saying that it's bye bye Collins, who has only one year left on his deal at $8 million.

Dallas and a couple other teams are already inquiring.

Troy
04-24-2004, 02:04 PM
Is Collins on his way out now? You get a good core of receivers around him and that guy can rifle that ball... but, I guess with Eli and the bachleor, he's not needed anymore...

Troy
04-24-2004, 02:06 PM
I'd like to see him in Dallas.

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 02:09 PM
So here's a question... I seems the last few years, guys get drafted and make an impact instantly for their teams. How many of these fisrt round guys will see significant action and make a difference?

Troy, I think you'll see a ton of these guys making an impact...I think you'll see both Manning and Rivers starting the second half of the season...

Gallery is the real deal from Iowa...one sack this year...on the first play of the game...will really be a staple for Oakland for years to come...

Most people had Fitzgerald number one on their board...and he'll get a lot of looks in Arizona if McCown holds up in Green's pass happy offense...and with Boldin on the other side of him...I think he has Rice potential...good head on his shoulders...

Everyone thinks Taylor is the second coming of Lott...you generally don't take a Safety this high...he's that good...and tremendously smart...a great ball player a lot of folk coveted...

Roy Williams is every bit as good as Fitzgerald...and will look really good this year opposite Rogers in Detroit...

DeAngelo Hall is the number 1 CB...and more than likely a starter for a weak Atlanta secondary...

Reggie Williams was the second rated receiver before Fitzgerald entered the draft...a lot of folk think he's better than Roy...

Dunta was a surprise to me...didn't see him going before Pittsburgh....but Houston needed a cover corner...and got a starter...

Troy...this draft is huge potential of impact players...up and down the first three rounds...lots of fun...

ALinChainz
04-24-2004, 02:10 PM
And his cap number is huge and they will need that space to pay Manning, who will still get top dollar.

Dallas would be a surprise, seeing how they are a division rival.

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 02:11 PM
Collins in Dallas?

He may yet be traded...or even released...I think Jesse Palmer isn't any good...making his money on TV now...lmfao...

but I think they'll keep Collins...and Manning...and groom Manning for next year...we'll see though...

ALinChainz
04-24-2004, 02:11 PM
Dunta ran a 4.15 on an indoor track before the draft and returned kicks in college.

That is frightening speed.

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 02:12 PM
I think he may end up a June 1 casualty...I can't imagine his bonus was that big...I could be wrong...but NY may just take the 1 year hit...and leave it at that...

I don't see them getting anything for Collins...

ALinChainz
04-24-2004, 02:12 PM
Big Ben is a Steeler.

Damn good pick for them at that spot.

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 02:13 PM
Yeah...it will be interesting to see if they use him as a return guy with Atlanta having one of the top return guys in the league...

ALinChainz
04-24-2004, 02:14 PM
Yeah...it will be interesting to see if they use him as a return guy with Atlanta having one of the top return guys in the league...

Dunta went to Houston, Atlanta got Hall.

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 02:15 PM
Big Ben is a Steeler.

Damn good pick for them at that spot.

That's an understatement hombre...I agree...I think if you'd have told Cowher 3 months ago that he would be able to get Roethlisberger with this pick...he'd have giggled like a school girl...

look for Maddux of Batch to get cut this year...I'm almost thinking it may be Maddox...we'll see...of course...Batch makes more...so we'll see...

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 02:17 PM
Wow...I know Buffalo needed a receiver...but that's high for Evans...damn high...

hmmmmm...someone's going to get a steal down the line...I thought they'd take Will Smith for sure...

Donohoe has lost his mind...he takes McGahee last year...and Evans...probably 10 spots to high...

what a moron...

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 02:18 PM
The Lions could make a move for this Chicago pick...

Jackson's starting to look real good right here...

ALinChainz
04-24-2004, 02:18 PM
Oh God, cut Batch, he is worthless. And makes more.

We used to say we would go to Detroit to help him pack his shit when we had him, that's how bad we wanted him gone. The "Help Charlie Move" drive.

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 02:21 PM
LOL on Batch...

Maddox is more of a prototypical passer...so it would make more sense to get him...

the only thing I worry about Big Ben is his potential to force passes...

ALinChainz
04-24-2004, 02:21 PM
Kind of thought that was a tad high for Evans.

The Bills needed a receiver. But could have dealt down.

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 02:22 PM
Jackson's going to be going soon...surely Chicago will take some defensive help...if they don't trade...

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 02:23 PM
I agree Chainz...

christ...I hear Philly's looking to trade up for a back...um...Westbrook...Buckhalter?...what am I missing...is Andy Reid's head really that far up his ass?

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 02:25 PM
This is a great day...I'm still a little bit realing from the stupidity of the teams that let the Mannings control them...

the minute they started bitching...the NFL should have stepped in and said you can't go higher than the 2nd round...

I hate those fuckers...

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 02:25 PM
The minute Eli audibles the first time...I hope they cut him...

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 02:30 PM
I'll be back in about 10 minutes gents...

it's draft day...yeehaw...

I can't wait for the 2nd and 3rd rounds...they are the best...

ALinChainz
04-24-2004, 02:37 PM
I agree Chainz...

christ...I hear Philly's looking to trade up for a back...um...Westbrook...Buckhalter?...what am I missing...is Andy Reid's head really that far up his ass?

They do want Jackson, and it's getting close.

I always thought Reid was smart. Who knows what will happen if he gets taken before the Eagles get there.

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 02:54 PM
I know that they want Jackson...but why?...

Westbrook and Buckhalter proved to them they could do without Staley...so why draft another back?

Makes no sense to me at all...I thought Reid was finally smarting up...getting rid of the back logjam...and here we go again?

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 02:59 PM
Okay...they took Andrews...OT...Philly did...

Jackson is still out there...there has to be some teams salivating now...we may be close to another deal...but this is generally the place deals DON'T happen...

we'll see how bad Detroit wants him...

ALinChainz
04-24-2004, 04:03 PM
Okay...they took Andrews...OT...Philly did...

Jackson is still out there...there has to be some teams salivating now...we may be close to another deal...but this is generally the place deals DON'T happen...

we'll see how bad Detroit wants him...

Man, a lot of teams must have used him as a smoke screen for who they really wanted. Thinking maybe Detroit now see both Jackson and Jones falling so far that they think they have a shot at Jones in the 2nd?

This is some wild ass shit.

ALinChainz
04-24-2004, 04:04 PM
I knew Detroit wanted to snag an extra 3rd rounder to try and deal to Dallas for Larry Allen. They have the extra second rounder now, wonder if that makes their 3rd pick expendable then.

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 04:22 PM
Wow...St. Louis takes fucking Jackson...wow...

I can't imagine Jones dropping that far...maybe they'll go after Perry...

ALinChainz
04-24-2004, 04:24 PM
I'm about ready to give up on trying to guess what the fuck is going to happen here.

The freakin' Rams?

At least Jones and Perry are falling towards the 2nd round, so we could still end up with one of them.

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 04:25 PM
I think Dallas got the good end of that deal...

getting a 2nd rounder this year...and a first next year...

I like Losman...but can't imagine that being a good deal for them...of course they were thinking there aren't any potential good qb's coming out next year...

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 04:26 PM
Watch the chain of events after the rams pick though...you have to think there are teams scrambling right now...that pick makes no sense...

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 04:27 PM
And trading up to get him no less...wtf...

ALinChainz
04-24-2004, 04:28 PM
Green Bay had their eyes on Losman also. No real stud corner left I know of, could be wrong and McKenzie apparently wants out.

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 04:30 PM
I don't think the Lions were ready for Jackson to go...I think the Rams caught the Lions sleeping a bit with that one...

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 04:31 PM
Carroll...hmmm...I didn't have him on my radar screen...

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 04:34 PM
I'm hoping one of these corners...like Poole or Gamble can slide down to mid second round...I doubt it...but wouldn't mind seeing them with a Steeler's jersey on...

ALinChainz
04-24-2004, 04:34 PM
I don't think the Lions were ready for Jackson to go...I think the Rams caught the Lions sleeping a bit with that one...

I agree wholeheartedly there.

But the consolation won't be to terrible if one of the remaining two fall to us.

Not real big on Tatum bell, who I have behind Jones and Perry.

Carroll wasn't on my list either, not in the first round.

ALinChainz
04-24-2004, 04:36 PM
I'm hoping one of these corners...like Poole or Gamble can slide down to mid second round...I doubt it...but wouldn't mind seeing them with a Steeler's jersey on...

Good thought. Gamble is falling far too, though I think we both thought Poole might be 2nd round material.

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 04:37 PM
You have to figure that Dallas will be looking to get one of those two guys as well...

perhaps even the Browns...

ALinChainz
04-24-2004, 04:38 PM
That's Parcells for you , isn't it?

Jones must be stepping back and letting the man work.

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 04:39 PM
Well...I thought Gamble or Poole could end up late in the first round...so we'll see...

I think we'll end up seeing Poole, Gamble, Jones and Perry get gobbled up between now and when we want them...lol...

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 04:40 PM
That's Parcells for you , isn't it?

Jones must be stepping back and letting the man work.

And that...in and of itself...is a miracle...

of course...if that's true...this draft better be productive for Parcells...

ALinChainz
04-24-2004, 04:41 PM
You have to think Kevin Jones is wondering what the hell.

Cincy, who has Rudi Johnson, but don't want to sign him to anything long term yet snagged Perry.

I thought FOR SURE they would go CB, the dealt for Deltha O'Neal, but Gamble and Poole, damn.

I don't see one of them getting past Carolina.

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 04:41 PM
Wow dude...Cincy takes fucking Perry in the first round...there's a fucking surprise on my end...

no way Jones makes it to Detroits pick...they better trade up...

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 04:42 PM
No doubt about it...I think you'll see them take Gamble...

I know they were starting to get high on a wr though...believe it or not...there was talk of getting after Evans...or even a guy like Michael Jenkins from OSU...

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 04:43 PM
Poole will end up with the Colts...just a hunch...

Troy
04-24-2004, 04:44 PM
Wow...St. Louis takes fucking Jackson...wow...

Is that a good thing? Seems like it is.

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 04:46 PM
Well...I don't know...it depends if you think rb was their biggest need...

I think they secretly wanted Losman...

but I never saw them taking a back...

Fairwrning
04-24-2004, 04:47 PM
christ, how do you fuckers know all this about different players??
I just know that after lovin the cowboys since late 70's..im done.
Keyshawn was the last straw.
i cannot root for that bastard...Dangelo goin to atlanta to play with Vick prety much has made me a Falcon fan..

Fairwrning
04-24-2004, 04:48 PM
oh...and i went ahead and put Garcia in pojo;)

ALinChainz
04-24-2004, 04:49 PM
It is for them Troy. Marshall Faulk getting worn out and their back up, Gordon, is just that, a back up.

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 04:49 PM
LOL...good...the fewer Cowboys fans the better...

Good call on starting Garcia...

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 04:51 PM
Again Chainz...I'm not saying it's a bad pick...but I question whether or not it fills any of their greatest needs...

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 04:51 PM
Damn...Houston just grabbed that pick from Tennessee?...or did I miss something earlier...

Fairwrning
04-24-2004, 04:52 PM
man....shouldnt Kevin Jones be gone by now???

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 04:52 PM
Hmmm...they won't take two corners will they...

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 04:54 PM
Well...I thought Jones should go before Perry...seems to have more of an upside...

Perry is generally considered to be tougher and more polished at this stage...and maybe a better receiver...

but Jones did well in the offseason...and I had him the 2nd back in my book...

honestly...not much difference though...

I would have gone with him over Perry though...

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 04:55 PM
They took Babin...

man...I can't believe that Gamble dropped this far...with the gamebreaking upside he has...the ability to return kicks...and to play some offense as well...

ALinChainz
04-24-2004, 04:56 PM
Houston has tried to upgrade both sides of the ball up front in free agency, but an OL or DL would not be a giant surprsie.

This draft is getting to be about the most unpredictable I have seen in a long time.

Youre right about the Rams POJO, they should have went OL of defense somewhere.

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 04:58 PM
I can't imagine Faulk will garner much if they deal him...

ALinChainz
04-24-2004, 04:58 PM
I definitely had Jones as my #2, with Perry #3.

Jones never got the forty times he wanted after his dad and he claiming regularly being clocked in the 4.3 area, when it turns out to be in the 4.5, 4.6 area.

ALinChainz
04-24-2004, 05:00 PM
I can't imagine Faulk will garner much if they deal him...

I don't think so either. Every off season now he seems to be having some kind of "clean up" surgery, which is from all those years on turf.

And all the "touches".

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 05:00 PM
Damn man...if Poole manages to drop to the Steelers pick...I'm going to squeal like a school girl...

ALinChainz
04-24-2004, 05:01 PM
Indy, KC, and Carolina all could definitely use Gamble.

No way he makes it out of the first round, I'll just shit.

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 05:02 PM
If they can't get Poole or Gamble...I'm wondering if they go for that kid from Pitt...

shit...Carolina traded up ahead of fucking Indy...they are going for a corner...

Gamble's going to be gone...and I bet you fucking Indy takes Poole...fuckers...

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 05:03 PM
What in the fuck is San Fran doing?

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 05:04 PM
And there goes Gamble...

no way Poole makes it through Indy and KC...no way...

ALinChainz
04-24-2004, 05:04 PM
I haven't the slightest. I thought for sure they would stay put and try and get a wideout after losing both Owens and Streets.

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 05:05 PM
Man...what a great freakin' pick for Carolina...

What did they give up to move 2 spots?

ALinChainz
04-24-2004, 05:05 PM
Nope, Indy cut Harris to sign Manning to the huge (I think they re-signed him, my bad) and KC tried to sign Vincent and a couple other FA CBs in the off season to no avail.

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 05:09 PM
Well...maybe they are thinking they can get a Jenkins or a Colbert from USC...

there may be some others...Woods comes to mind...who I think was better than Evans...or even Devery Henderson...I don't know...

ALinChainz
04-24-2004, 05:13 PM
All solid WRs, just thought they would go after one of the big'uns.

Woods might have put himself into the first round with a stellar combine.

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 05:13 PM
Hmmmm...now Atlanta trades up....

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 05:14 PM
I like Woods alot...I'm not a big combine guy...that shit doesn't help you catch the ball...but I liked him last year...

I'm concerned about Evans knees...a great wideout...but you gotta wonder about knee problems...

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 05:15 PM
I've gotta think San Fran is going to go Jenkins or Woods...

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 05:18 PM
Great pick for Atlanta...

jumping up ahead of San Fran...I think they have to be kicking themselves...

Jenkins should help out Price in that offense...I love that pick...I think Jenkins could be a sleeper...

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 05:18 PM
I would have thought Woods would have gone before him though...but you have to like Jenkins size at 6'4"...

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 05:19 PM
Have their been any trades today?...

lmfao...

christ...the people in the fucking NFL offices trying to track this shit have to be earning their money today bro...

ALinChainz
04-24-2004, 05:19 PM
They do. Teams and experts put so much into 40 times that it is what knocked him down to start with. But then he went there and ran a solid 4.4-4.5, so it did help in move up a little I thought.

Haven't the slightest what Atlanta's doing ... lol.

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 05:20 PM
LOL chainz...we oughta do a roundtable tomorrow at your site about the first three rounds...

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 05:21 PM
I think it's obvious they are concerned about Price being the goto guy...I think they saw an opportunity to get a guy to take off the pressure...and went and did it...

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 05:22 PM
It certainly doesn't address their pressing needs though...

ALinChainz
04-24-2004, 05:22 PM
Detroit trades up for the KC pick, I 'm kinda likin' it ... he he he

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 05:23 PM
Here you go bro...Detroit's about to take their back...and a freakin' steal I think...

great move on Detroit's part if they take Jones...

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 05:24 PM
Yeah...you do...but I have to think they traded down thinking they could get Poole in the second round...damn it...

ALinChainz
04-24-2004, 05:24 PM
And don't indy have enough WRs?

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 05:25 PM
They passed indy to take a corner...who can play WR...why do you think Indy would take a receiver?

Troy
04-24-2004, 05:25 PM
Faulk is still good for a couple years. Leave my Rams alone!!! ;)

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 05:26 PM
Congrats Chainz...you have your back...and probably the 2nd back you wanted...

great first round for your Lions...

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 05:26 PM
Down with the pitiful Rams...;)

ALinChainz
04-24-2004, 05:27 PM
Indy taking a receiver makes zero sense to me.

Harrison, Wayne, Stokley, etc.

Crazy shit.

We would be one stellar roundtable.

Anyone of us could do a better job than MICHAEL IRVIN.

God, how'd he get that gig.

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 05:28 PM
Alright guys...I'm out for an hour or so...I'll be back to talk up the shit...

c'mon Will Poole...goto Pittsburgh hombre!

ALinChainz
04-24-2004, 05:29 PM
Congrats Chainz...you have your back...and probably the 2nd back you wanted...

great first round for your Lions...

I had to work today, but I am one happy camper.

Maybe we can finally get this shit turned around.

POJO_Risin
Chainz...Indy traded that pick to Atlanta...

Atlanta took a receiver...Indy has their 2nd rounder I think...

POJO_Risin
Are you smokin' something brother?

lmfao...if Indy would have taken a receiver...I think we'd both be in the crazy form...

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 05:31 PM
I think the Lions are really making the move this year...have to keep Harrington healthy though...

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 05:33 PM
I think San Fran just got the guy they wanted from the start...and gained a pick to get him...

I like Woods a lot...

no Owens...but a great WR no less...

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 05:34 PM
Alright guys...see you midway through the second...

ALinChainz
04-24-2004, 05:35 PM
There goes Woods to SF, so they must have had their eye on him.

I am going to predict that the Pats will take Snee, OG from Boston College, the same school that produced Woody, whom the Lions signed as a FA.

ALinChainz
04-24-2004, 05:36 PM
Are you smokin' something brother?

lmfao...if Indy would have taken a receiver...I think we'd both be in the crazy form...

Youre right. Yahoo has Indy taking Jenkins, at work so no TV at the moment.

FUCKIN' YAHOO!

ALinChainz
04-24-2004, 05:40 PM
There goes Woods to SF, so they must have had their eye on him.

I am going to predict that the Pats will take Snee, OG from Boston College, the same school that produced Woody, whom the Lions signed as a FA.

They took TE Watson, I'll be damned.

I give up. What a first round though.

Va Beach VH Fan
04-24-2004, 07:07 PM
Well, hopefully the Stillers found a diamond in the rough with their second round pick that they moved up 6 spots with the Colts, Ricardo Colclough from Div. I-AA Tusculum College...

Pretty impressive writeup....

Small college standout with outstanding natural talent ... Dominating shutdown pass defender who did not allow a reception in eleven of the twenty games he played in for the Pioneers ... Heavily recruited coming out of high school, Ricardo enrolled at Kilgore (Tex.) Junior College to improve his academic standing ... In just two seasons at Tusculum, he set school career-records with 15 interceptions (138 yards in returns) and 38 passes defended (13 thefts, 25 break-ups), topping the previous marks of eleven pass thefts by Jermaine Mack (1994-97) and 35 passes defended by Greg Rush (1999-2002) ... Recorded 106 tackles (60 solos) with seven stops behind the line of scrimmage ... Added 345 yards and two touchdowns on 24 punt returns (14.4 avg) and 659 yards with a pair of scores on 23 kickoff returns (28.7 avg) ... His punt return average of 14.4 yards set a school all-time record, topping the previous mark of 12.1 yards by Donald Amaker (2000-03) ... His kickoff return average of 28.7 yards surpassed the old school career-record of 27.4 yards by Larry Crosby (1991-93).

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 10:48 PM
Well Va...they must have seen something...hopefully it will pan out...

I'm shocked nobody took Poole...once regarded as a sure thing in the first round...perhaps they can snake him in the later rounds...and really sure up their secondary...

or...end up with two duds from SC...

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 10:49 PM
I worry about those guys with great stats at small schools...his combines must have been fantastic...

ALinChainz
04-24-2004, 11:30 PM
Well Va...they must have seen something...hopefully it will pan out...

I'm shocked nobody took Poole...once regarded as a sure thing in the first round...perhaps they can snake him in the later rounds...and really sure up their secondary...

or...end up with two duds from SC...

I'm surprised too. His second workout day at USC was much better than his first.

Didn't go on the first day, someone may get a steal picking him up.

ALinChainz
04-24-2004, 11:37 PM
And while I'm at it ... the Lions today ...

ahhhhhhhhhh .....

redblkwht
04-24-2004, 11:38 PM
Im thinking the Loins will be a force very very soon..
anyone but the packers, good for mariucci id like to see
him with sucess, he got a bad deal with SF.
Im happy with my bears picks as well!
I read the whole thread, SF did lose, Atlanta is going
to rock the house, scar team on paper..lol

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 11:57 PM
Anyone who gets fucking Poole at this point...it would have to be a steal...

ALinChainz
04-24-2004, 11:58 PM
Not sure what SF was doing, but they did get a good receiver in Woods.

Chicago did fill some heavy need on the DL and if Berrian can stay healthy, he could be solid.

Terrell better pull his head out of his ass soon.

Va Beach VH Fan
04-25-2004, 09:20 AM
I worry about those guys with great stats at small schools...his combines must have been fantastic...

Don't know about the combines, but he was the Defensive MVP at the Senior Bowl....

POJO_Risin
04-25-2004, 12:56 PM
There you go...I know Cowher said that he coveted some players at the Senior Bowl...and his staff heavily recruited there because they like game situations better than the combines...

everyone here just assumed it was only Rivers...lmfao...I think that fucker purposely talked Rivers up, knowing how Schettenheimer felt about him...got the QB he wanted, and the CB he coveted...

nice...

POJO_Risin
04-25-2004, 12:57 PM
Well...Day 2 started...checking on it now...

curious to see if Cowher keeps stacking up that offensive line...or if he goes for his old friend...Defense...

POJO_Risin
04-25-2004, 01:03 PM
Who did the best in this draft?

I think I need to wait until the end of the draft...

I like San Diego...they robbed New York...good for them...

I like Detroit...Roy Williams...the number 1 or 2 receiver...and trade up for Jones...who I thought was better than Jackson personally...what a change those two will make on that team...Harrington may have a breakout year...

a third year qb who looks good when not getting belted...A 2 year receiver who was one of the best before an injury last year...and two rookies who could have been top 15 picks...awesome stuff...

POJO_Risin
04-25-2004, 01:20 PM
I'm happy with the Steelers 5th rounder...Nathaniel Adibi...6'3", 255 pound defensive end...who also played outside backer...

He seems to fit in the Steeler mode...

I wonder if he'll play inside or outside...he has some speed..4.6 40...not bad for a 255 pounder...

POJO_Risin
04-25-2004, 01:42 PM
Hmmmm...Krenzel got picked by the Bears in the fifth round...

Krenzel has expressed disinterest in the NFL...he's got good makeup...but is erratic...good leader though...

ALinChainz
04-25-2004, 02:18 PM
Who did the best in this draft?

I think I need to wait until the end of the draft...

I like San Diego...they robbed New York...good for them...

I like Detroit...Roy Williams...the number 1 or 2 receiver...and trade up for Jones...who I thought was better than Jackson personally...what a change those two will make on that team...Harrington may have a breakout year...

a third year qb who looks good when not getting belted...A 2 year receiver who was one of the best before an injury last year...and two rookies who could have been top 15 picks...awesome stuff...

We added the Butkus Award Winner this season Lehman, 4.55 speed. This may be the best Lion draft in a long, long time. Even our picks after Lehamn, are all smart, need picks.

Freakin' geeked.

ALinChainz
04-25-2004, 02:23 PM
I'm happy with the Steelers 5th rounder...Nathaniel Adibi...6'3", 255 pound defensive end...who also played outside backer...

I wonder if he'll play inside or outside...he has some speed..4.6 40...not bad for a 255 pounder...

The Steelers know how to draft linebackers, no question, and always have.

That tackle they drafted, 6-7, 349, wow.

Va Beach VH Fan
04-25-2004, 07:26 PM
everyone here just assumed it was only Rivers...lmfao...I think that fucker purposely talked Rivers up, knowing how Schettenheimer felt about him...got the QB he wanted, and the CB he coveted...

nice...

I disagree bro...

I think he really wanted Rivers....

Don't forget, up until last week, the Giants were only talking about trading up to take Manning, and if that fell through, they were going to take Ben...

The scenario that it turned out to be, meaning a swap Manning for Rivers, wasn't even mentioned in the press until it happened.... During the time from the Raiders pick to the end of the Giants pick, THAT's when the Chargers said they'd do the deal if the Giants picked Rivers...

But don't get me wrong, I'm sure that Cowher is more than content with Ben....

The 'Burgh papers are all asking, what's going to happen with Maddox and Batch ?? Who cares about St. Pierre, really....

ALinChainz
04-25-2004, 07:33 PM
Maddox being the cheaper and better player than Batch, it's goodbye Charlie.

Va Beach VH Fan
04-25-2004, 07:45 PM
I would tend to agree with you in principle Al, but there's also the feeling that Tommy may be a bitch about the situation, because although the Steelers have said they're going to talk with Tommy about a raise, they are only about 300,000 below the cap right now...

Fairwrning
04-26-2004, 12:36 PM

another va tech boy....hes a badass...at least, he was last year.

Lou
04-26-2004, 05:25 PM
The Giants play at the Eagles first game of the year. I hope Eli Manning is the starting QB for the Giants so he gets destroyed.

BTW I think the Giants gave up WAYYYYY too much for Eli Manning especially since Philip Rivers is just as good if not better. I don't understand New York's logic in this unless they think Eli Manning is headed straight for Canton.

ALinChainz
04-26-2004, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
I would tend to agree with you in principle Al, but there's also the feeling that Tommy may be a bitch about the situation, because although the Steelers have said they're going to talk with Tommy about a raise, they are only about 300,000 below the cap right now...

I agree with you there. I just read some more about it today about him not being pleased with his contract situation, and now his replacement going to be breathing down his neck making even bigger coin.

As far as keeping the better QBs on the roster, to me, Maddox is the better and Batch makes more. Granted, Maddox will be disgruntled all year long, but he makes the better choice, talent and economics wise.

I'd keep him, cut Batch, try and smooth Maddox, or tell him to suck it up, or he's next.

POJO_Risin
04-27-2004, 07:51 PM
Maddox is already talking about sitting out for more money...you'd think Mr. Insurance man would wake up and smell the coffee...

I could care a less who they keep at this point...neither one is a guy that can groom a qb...If they were more under the cap...I'd say go after Collins or Warner in an incentive deal...for a year...and then go with Rothlisberger next year...if he's ready...

I don't really think they had Ben on the radar...thinking he'd be gone early to the Giants...

I read in the USA Today that the Giants and Chargers talked a ton...but the Giants backed off when Eli came out and said he didn't want to play...the Giants figuring that they wouldn't pick him 1...and they could get him 4...

I think they were shocked as shit when they took him...and not Rivers...even though they thought that Rivers WASN'T a number 1 pick...and almost forced them to deal...

I was listening to ESPN radio...and the second that deal was made...Kiper was saying that a deal was in the works for Rivers...so something was said before that draft...not sure what...either way...I'm happy with Ben...I don't know how good he'll be...but I don't think those top three QB's have that much difference between them...

early thoughts...

Manning is an idiot...with a Leaf-like head from his faggot father...

Rivers has a great football IQ...and just gets the game...which will make him good. If State didn't have him...they'd have been under .500...

Rothlisberger...the biggest upside...but not a lot of experience...4 years total...

Who will come out on top? Depends how the teams work them...I don't see Manning being all that successful coming out and starting...we shall see though...

Va Beach VH Fan
04-27-2004, 08:17 PM
I don't think it's that extreme to think that Ben could honestly beat both of them out in training camp, if you really think about it...

The only thing against him is that he hasn't had any experience reading NFL defenses, which are WAY different from the MAC....

But I agree in reference to Tommy...

I mean, let's say he refuses to play, and gets cut....

Where in the hell is he going to go ?? Warner and Collins will be out there with him... Both of those other guys will signed before Tommy does....

And....

It wouldn't surprise me that Colclough plays well enough that Scott is cut as well....

POJO_Risin
04-27-2004, 11:27 PM
So they cut Scott...who in the hell is going to play the other corner...

I don't doubt Scott gets cut...but what am I missing at the other corner?

I think Ben COULD beat them out...the question really is will they let him. A lot will come down to who's left...

Va Beach VH Fan
04-28-2004, 06:49 PM
Cut Scott, put Colclough and Townsend at the corners...

Shit, Townsend was already starting for Washington the last few games anyway....

And I guess that now everything with Tommy is hunky-dory....

We'll just see how much of a raise they give him....

It'll have to be after June 1st, after they release Gildon...

POJO_Risin
04-28-2004, 06:53 PM
You have a lot of faith in Colclough...of course...we are talking about Scott here...so I may...cough...believe it or not...agree with you...

Tommy gets a raise...it better not be much...

God I hate their corner depth...

any news on this lineman that they took?

Va Beach VH Fan
04-29-2004, 08:41 PM
Max Starks, big as a fucking tree, 6'7", 350lbs...

Some scouts said his feet aren't fast enough.....

But I believe I read that he had an ankle injury that he played through last year, so who knows...

If he's decent at all, I bet he beats out Ross or Fordham, easily....

Va Beach VH Fan
04-29-2004, 08:41 PM
Max Starks, big as a fucking tree, 6'7", 350lbs... He's actually the son of Ross Browner (little fling with his momma.... )

Some scouts said his feet aren't fast enough.....

But I believe I read that he had an ankle injury that he played through last year, so who knows...

If he's decent at all, I bet he beats out Ross or Fordham, easily....

POJO_Risin
04-30-2004, 04:56 PM
Hey double poster...;)...

Well...at least they addressed it...I've heard good things about him...and I read that stuff about his foot speed...well...well see...I know that it's gonna take some stuff to get around him though...

POJO_Risin
04-30-2004, 05:09 PM
Time to unsticky this bad boy...