PDA

View Full Version : Light Up The Sky?

Big Troubles
10-05-2004, 10:25 PM
Ive been a fan for almost 25 years now, and Ive have my small collection of fav's off the six classic albums. Mean Street, Unchained, Drop Dead Legs, RWD and Light Up the Sky. I can listen to those 5, sometimes 6 times in a row. Just diggin' it. But Light up the Skiy has me stumped. Love the tune to death, but for the life of me I cannot figure out, just what the fuck the messege is. LOL Anyone wanna help me out? :D Im sure some people are gonna have different opinions on its meaning, and that's kinda what I wanna see. Broad spectrum.

Light Up The Sky
Yeah, we're all fast breakers comin' out of the gates
takin' chances. We're the crash and burn.
Yeah, there is a way with beauty, but you never gave
a love cross the line where none return.

I watch my television; almost lost my mind.
It said, "Open your eyes. Leave it all behind."
I heard the wind a whisp'rin',
strong magic comin' on!
They comin' out for sure.

Come see your children; yeah, they're lighting up the skies.
Won't recognize them any more.

Ooh, mama, see the firelight.
Ooh, we're comin' out tonight.

Wolves at my door wised up quick.
Turn here and gone from on the go.
Seems the old folks who come up short were the pretty
little kids who didn't want it, no.
I had to pay admission when I came tonight.
And it said, "Open my eyes. Leave it all behind."

I heard the wind a whisp'rin',
strong magic comin' on!
They comin' out for sure.

Come see your children; yeah, they're lighting up the skies.
Won't recognize them any more.

Ooh, mama, see the firelight.
Ooh, lightin' up the sky.

Light up the sky.
Light up the sky.
Light up the sky.

Light `em up!

Roth-Halen
10-05-2004, 10:27 PM
Hey BT
hAVE YOU SEEN THIS THREAD?
http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11228

EbDawson
10-14-2004, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
But Light up the Skiy has me stumped. Love the tune to death, but for the life of me I cannot figure out, just what the fuck the messege is. LOL Anyone wanna help me out? :D Im sure some people are gonna have different opinions on its meaning, and that's kinda what I wanna see.

Sort of of live for the moment attitude. Then again I wouldn't look too deeply into Dave's lyrics. Don't think there's any hidden or deep message. Just Rock on! That's my fave tune off VHII.

Big Troubles
10-14-2004, 08:26 AM
yeah, with most classic VH, theres alot of mystique or perhaps it is just a cluster fuck of lyrics. Or somewhere in the middle.

rustoffa
10-14-2004, 10:06 PM
It's a precursor to "ATCWR".

In essence, a fantabulous example of how to properly immortalize the sea of faces that are prompting you to do so.

You know, crazed motherfuckers charging through the turnstyles to get a taste of what's onstage with contraband in tow.

"Live fast, leave a pretty carcass" instead of " I feel the pain of your daddy beating you".

This brilliant piece of rock and roll commentary is about kids getting over on the fuddy duddys and forsaking the boob tube in favor of a bic lighter held high.

They had to pay admission and left it all behind...they got rejuvanated and came back different.

The author knew they were comin' out, night after night, FOR SURE! (the packed concert halls had drafts that were tellin' him something)

Seems to me he felt the pain and wanted to terminate it ....and give some major props to watching it happen.

Big Troubles
10-14-2004, 10:33 PM
Bravo! :D That was an excellent depiction of Light Up the Sky. Seriously nice post.

Big Troubles
10-14-2004, 10:34 PM
And all this time I figured it was about how when like love walks in, ya know? Like how do you know when its love? Is this what dreams are made of? LOL

Big Troubles
10-14-2004, 10:35 PM
How can those fucking Van Hagar fans not see and/or hear the difference? its maddening to know that Hagar love/VH sells and makes coin. Strange fucking world indeed.

Big Troubles
10-14-2004, 10:36 PM
I think we should capture a subject and perform an autopsy to see just what makes the Van Hagar fan tick. Wear your gloves! :D

pete
10-14-2004, 10:38 PM
LOL

Big Troubles
10-14-2004, 10:53 PM
Pete!

Big Troubles
10-14-2004, 10:54 PM
If wearing gloves while probing a Van Hagar fan is wrong... Then I dont want to be right. :D

pete
10-14-2004, 10:56 PM
What's up breatheren!!!!?????

Big Troubles
10-14-2004, 10:58 PM
LOL Long time no talk. how the fuck are ya?

Big Troubles
10-14-2004, 10:59 PM
Im thinking about some yellow pussy.... Hmmmmmmmm...

Big Troubles
10-14-2004, 10:59 PM
Good luck watching that show the same again! :D

rustoffa
10-14-2004, 11:09 PM
Ah knew it!
Ah knew that would get some attention!

It's deja-vu all over again up in here!

I remember you motherfuckers!
:D

Big Troubles
10-14-2004, 11:12 PM
Its good to see ya again man. Keep up the great posts. Anytime, I log on here, early morning or late eve, I check your posts, Petes, Guwapo's right off that bat. I'll be on more often now too.

EbDawson
10-15-2004, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by rustoffa
It's a precursor to "ATCWR".

In essence, a fantabulous example of how to properly immortalize the sea of faces that are prompting you to do so.

You know, crazed motherfuckers charging through the turnstyles to get a taste of what's onstage with contraband in tow.

"Live fast, leave a pretty carcass" instead of " I feel the pain of your daddy beating you".

This brilliant piece of rock and roll commentary is about kids getting over on the fuddy duddys and forsaking the boob tube in favor of a bic lighter held high.

They had to pay admission and left it all behind...they got rejuvanated and came back different.

The author knew they were comin' out, night after night, FOR SURE! (the packed concert halls had drafts that were tellin' him something)

Seems to me he felt the pain and wanted to terminate it ....and give some major props to watching it happen.

Man, I don't know if Dave put that much thought into writing the lyrics! You oughta teach a class man! Props.

ODShowtime
10-15-2004, 08:32 AM
great, Lisa Simpson giving herself the shocker... lovely!

I thought Light up The Sky was just about getting "relaxed." After reading the lyrics here for the first time and then reading rustoffa's post, I think I finally got it. Great post dude.

Now, who wants to tackle On Fire? I assume it's pretty close to the same meaning...

"put your headphones on... I'll appear right there!"

Big Troubles
10-15-2004, 10:06 AM
On Fire, I assumed was Dave having sex, musically with the women who put the headphones on. ;) Pretty basic really.