PDA

View Full Version : Debate? What debate?

Pink Spider
10-06-2004, 07:43 PM
The more I think about it, the more I realize that nobody wins these debates. One party wants to increase government in one way and the other another way. You can't win.

It's not as if the Republicrats actually care. They both agree on taking away your freedom. "Free speech" zones, the Patriot Act, gun banning. Take your pick.

While we have pointless bickering that goes to the middle of no where I feel like I'm losing brain cells by listening to the tripe these hypocrites put out. Kerry's camp wants war, Bush's camp wants war.
"Oh, but Kerry is a kind and gentler warmonger." Right. Their debating skills don't impress me either. Another thing to distract the masses. "Wow, this guy can form proper sentences!"
New lows have been hit.

The people don't have a clue about anything much less about what's going on. The continue of scare tactics by Republicrats to make the masses vote themselves into a slave safety state is almost guaranteed. They think that safety is freedom. The corporate propaganda media tells them so and we all know that the only thing the media cares about is getting us the "truth".

Yeah, everyone has WMD's. We need a giant army to kill everyone before they kill us, so support the troops. Taxes are for your own good, not the government's profit. Invade the world before they invade us. The Patriot Act is a great way to fight terrorism, you're not a criminal are you? Guns kill people and the government is the source of all goodness and morality, so you shouldn't have them. THE SKY IS FALLING! That's pretty much every Republicrat argument.

There's no sense of self responsibility from either party. They don't want you to be able to defend yourself or think for yourself. They want your complete dependence on them and they want you to pay them for it. Did I miss something? When did the definition of slavery change?

Big Train
10-06-2004, 07:47 PM
What does impress you? WHO impresses you? I'm afraid to ask...

HELLVIS
10-06-2004, 07:55 PM
I don't know, but I like the way she thinks.

Pink Spider
10-06-2004, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Big Train
What does impress you? WHO impresses you? I'm afraid to ask...

What impresses me? Decent arguments on things that matter.

Who impresses me? Not many.

Who impresses you? Republicans? But, that's an easy guess I think. :)

Big Train
10-06-2004, 08:21 PM
Your elitism is unparalleled.

Guess "these things" being discussed don't matter to you. The greatest leaders in history could speak directly to you and you would stare at your Marlboro light and wonder about nothing...

You having everything, so everything and everyone is blah....an easy guess I think.

Pink Spider
10-06-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Big Train
Your elitism is unparalleled.

Conform or else. That's the Republican motto isn't it?

Big Train
10-06-2004, 08:53 PM
If you say so....

College is a wonderful state of mind.

Lqskdiver
10-06-2004, 09:34 PM
Put down the bong and take one step back!

Pink Spider
10-06-2004, 09:45 PM
Just admit it when you have nothing to work with. ;)

It's all the bong's fault...

Lqskdiver
10-06-2004, 09:47 PM
Defeatism goes hand in hand with hopelessness.

I'm still confident.

SLACKERS RULE!

Big Train
10-06-2004, 10:20 PM
Who said I had nothing to work with? The fact that you can't find anyone who remotely suits, major or independent, speaks more to you not being not willing to work within the system than it says about any of us having nothing to work with.

ODShowtime
10-06-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Pink Spider
The more I think about it, the more I realize that nobody wins these debates. One party wants to increase government in one way and the other another way. You can't win.

While we have pointless bickering that goes to the middle of no where I feel like I'm losing brain cells by listening to the tripe these hypocrites put out. Kerry's camp wants war, Bush's camp wants war.
"Oh, but Kerry is a kind and gentler warmonger." Right. Their debating skills don't impress me either. Another thing to distract the masses. "Wow, this guy can form proper sentences!"
New lows have been hit.

Tell me about it. It's making my brain hurt thinking about it.