PDA

View Full Version : Kerry has huge lead in Michigan race

BigBadBrian
01-27-2004, 03:36 PM
Massachusetts senator leading in Michigan poll
By Associated Press
Monday, January 26, 2004

Even as he awaits the verdict of New Hampshire voters, there are signs today that the John Kerry campaign is picking up steam in other key states.

A new poll of likely voters in the February seventh Democratic caucuses in Michigan show Kerry leading his rivals with 37 percent. Howard Dean was a distant second in the poll at 14 percent, with John Edwards and Wesley Clark tied at ten percent.

In Missouri, meanwhile, Kerry has tapped veteran Democratic operative Roy Temple to direct his campaign in the primary scheduled for one week from tomorrow.

Until now, the Democratic candidates have largely ignored Missouri, thinking it to be safe in favorite son Dick Gephardt's column. But the contest was thrown wide open last week when the Missouri congressman withdrew from the race after finishing fourth in Iowa.

FORD
01-27-2004, 03:46 PM
Key word... "likely voters".

Judas IsKerryot isn't bringing anybody with him. Dean is. Clark is. Hell, I've even heard Republicans on C-SPAN claiming to be voting for Edwards (though the calls sound scripted to me). These voters aren't reached by this poll, so I wouldn't put much stock in polls like that. Judas' "lead" in New Hampshire isn't nearly what the polls indicated they would be, because they failed to count independents who were more likely to vote either Dean or Clark.