PDA

View Full Version : Report: Explosion at Embassy in Paris

lucky wilbury
10-08-2004, 01:09 AM
http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stories/w-eur/2004/oct/07/100709558.html

Report: Explosion at Embassy in Paris

ASSOCIATED PRESS

PARIS (AP) - An explosion hit the ground floor of the Indonesian Embassy in Paris on Thursday, causing a number of injuries, a French radio station reported.

Paris police could not immediately confirm the blast, reported by Europe-1 radio. The station cited firefighters as saying people were hurt in the ground-floor explosion.

The embassy is located in Paris' exclusive 16th district.

lucky wilbury
10-08-2004, 01:17 AM
http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGBYWU2V10E.html

Report: Explosion at Indonesian Embassy in Paris Causes Injuries

By Elaine Ganley Associated Press Writer
Published: Oct 8, 2004

PARIS (AP) - An explosion struck the Indonesian Embassy in Paris on Friday, slightly wounding nine people, a French radio station reported.

Europe-1 radio quoted firefighters as saying the explosion took place on the embassy's ground floor. The cause was not immediately clear.

Police set up barriers to block access to the area. Windows were blown out nearby, and rescue workers warned nearby residents to stay indoors, according to the radio report.

Rescue workers led several people from the scene, which was crowded with fire trucks and ambulences. The firefighters cited by Europe-1 said nine people received light wounds.

The embassy is located in the exclusive 16th district of Paris.

Indonesia is preparing to inaugurate a new leader after President Megawati Sukarnoputri was defeated in an election last month.

Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono won a landslide victory in the Sept. 20 polls. The U.S.-educated retired army general was to be inaugurated on Oct. 20.

The election was the first in which Indonesia's 210 million people voted for their president directly. The ballot was praised as a key step in the country's transition to democracy after the downfall of ex-dictator Suharto in 1998.

AP-ES-10-08-04 0048EDT

Big Train
10-08-2004, 02:50 AM
Are the French still safe know? Passivism is really working, ain't it?

FORD
10-08-2004, 12:00 PM
But I thought the French were "terra-ists"? :confused:

diamondD
10-08-2004, 12:05 PM
Who the hell has said that? It's probably payback for not standing up to us more and letting their backdoor deals slip away.

FORD
10-08-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by diamondD
Who the hell has said that? It's probably payback for not standing up to us more and letting their backdoor deals slip away.

Yeah, Saddam's sending orders from his prison cell :rolleyes:

diamondD
10-08-2004, 12:09 PM
Yeah, nice response. He wasn't the only thug in Iraq.

diamondD
10-08-2004, 12:10 PM
BTW, do you support everyone who is against America?

ELVIS
10-08-2004, 12:11 PM
he supports himself, I assume...

ELVIS
10-08-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by FORD
But I thought the French were "terra-ists"? :confused:

Who here has suggested that, besides yourself ??

FORD
10-08-2004, 12:52 PM

I don't support ANYONE who is against America. That's why I can't support the fucking pieces of shit who have been committing treason against this country since 1924, and that would be the BCE.

Guitar Shark
10-08-2004, 12:53 PM
Wow, I didn't see that one coming.

diamondD
10-08-2004, 12:58 PM
Then why do you constantly defend people like the French? They were doing those deals when Clinton was in office just as well. America is not the BCE and the BCE isn't America.

Big Train
10-08-2004, 01:54 PM
Ford, like the boat and the point, your missing it. The bottom line is no country is safe ANYWHERE in the world. If it works to bomb in Canada, Mexico, France, Germany etc...they are going to do it. If they feel they need justification, they will just whip something up. "They support infidels, they support isreal, they kill and rape arabs...whatever works. They pick weak countries. France, Spain..ones that will roll right over.

Jano
10-08-2004, 02:38 PM

We' re not again America,but again some ideal of your leader!Big difference!!Can you dig it?

Jano
10-08-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Big Train
Are the French still safe know? Passivism is really working, ain't it?

Activism is working good in Iraq ?

Mezro
10-08-2004, 02:59 PM
Ford, like the boat and the point, your missing it. The bottom line is no country is safe ANYWHERE in the world. If it works to bomb in Canada, Mexico, France, Germany etc...they are going to do it. If they feel they need justification, they will just whip something up. "They support infidels, they support isreal, they kill and rape arabs...whatever works. They pick weak countries. France, Spain..ones that will roll right over.

It is shaping up to be Muslims against the world.

Mezro...this shit is going to be messy for a long time...

Big Train
10-08-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Jano
Activism is working good in Iraq ?

It's at least, even if you disagree with it, an attempt to do something, as opposed to watching things happen.

And yes Mezro, unfortunately, this is going to be a generational thing for us. It is the Hatfields vs. McCoy's and eventually every Western nation will be involved in it, one way or another.

Jano
10-08-2004, 03:33 PM
It's at least, even if you disagree with it, an attempt to do something, as opposed to watching things happen.

And yes Mezro, unfortunately, this is going to be a generational thing for us. It is the Hatfields vs. McCoy's and eventually every Western nation will be involved in it, one way or another.
Just a question,i feel that your guys are just waiting for a big attentat to happen in my country?If it happen that will make you feel better in your life? i'm wondering sometime!

Angel
10-08-2004, 03:34 PM
Just a question,i feel that your guys are just waiting for a big attentat to happen in my country?If it happen that will make you feel better in your life? i'm wondering sometime!

Your country or mine, and they'd be jumping in the streets, talking about how we deserved it!

By the way,

Bonjour mes amis! ;)

Big Train
10-08-2004, 03:46 PM
If your insiuating that we Americans take pleasure in ANY of this, then you truly don't know us.

Angel
10-08-2004, 03:47 PM
BBB doesn't give me that idea!

NO, not all, but some, DEFINITELY!

Mezro
10-08-2004, 03:50 PM

I personally don't want to see anybody attacked anywhere!

Mezro...there is a big difference between the French people and the French government...there are many Americans who understand that Jano...

Jano
10-08-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Angel
Your country or mine, and they'd be jumping in the streets, talking about how we deserved it!

By the way,

Bonjour mes amis! ;)
Bonjour Angel! nice talking to you!

Jano
10-08-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Angel
BBB doesn't give me that idea!

NO, not all, but some, DEFINITELY!
I think so too!