PDA

View Full Version : BEWARE Selling Gear in the Paper to Nigerian 419-Scamming JACKASSES!

GAR
01-01-2004, 12:37 AM
I got all happy n'shit late last night, and was gonna post this.. now I thought better do it:

This revolves around getting an email response to your published ad, about if you would be willing to ship your stuff to the guy out of the country!

Well, I didn't think to traceroute his IP to see where the fuck Guy's at.. but figured his edumacated English in the email would put him somewhere in Europe.

Hey! I'll chase a buck to the end of the earth, just so's I know a buck is THERE man! I sell junk on eBay all the time, you know - so this request was no strange thing to me.

So I give him the usual: What I want, and how I want it. Simple easy basic stuff like terms of sale, same as Ebay:

- If your shit gets broken in shipping, don't step on my neck to get your refund check, cuz I probably wont' have it for 6-8 weeks myself. Even then, I gotta cash it.

- Allow a few days for packing, and about $6 USD to do it too, cuz it's going International and I don't what goes on in them little rickshaws they cart crap around in your neck of the woods..

- Pay me in something I can use: Paypal (you eat the fees, not me so it'll be 3% extra), Postal Money Order or Western Union Billpay. Or US Dollars cash. If sending cash, you better conceal it, and insure it's delivery! Bank of Shinobu Prefecture, Hokkaido Japan AIN'T gonna do it for me. Or my Bank.

GAR
01-01-2004, 12:41 AM
--- pit dave wrote:
I was just going though the Classified ads and i then came accross the advert concerning your drums for sale,am very much interested in purchasing.So kindly let me know the features,condition as well as the price you are willing to sell. Kindly get back to me ASAP,

Dave.

GAR
01-01-2004, 12:42 AM
shreddward wrote:
Hiya,

I'll clean them off and send you an email pic. The hardware was removed and polished as was the shell by a drum buddy freind of mine 2 years ago so they're kinda sparkly and very Ringo.

One shell is dated 1969, I have the T-neck for the toms to mount on the bass drum and that's about it, no stands.

The BD may be 20 or 22", not a drummer so I'll measure it and reply with pics tomorrow.

I'm in Pasadena area near 210 fwy and Rosemead Blvd.

Thanks for your interest and email you tomorrow.

GAR
01-01-2004, 12:43 AM
--- pit dave wrote:
Hello ,

Thank you for the mail,I would like you to know that currently im not in the states so i wouldnt be able to view the drums or inspect before purchase but i believe that business is based on trust so i would like you to assure me that the drums is in perfect working condition.

I would like to know the least price as i would be handling the shipping my self.
I have decided to make payments with a Cashier's Check through my client in the US who would be issuing and making it payable to you on my behalf.

Let me get a response from you soon.

DAVE.

GAR
01-01-2004, 12:46 AM
shreddward wrote:
Hiya

I'd have to know specifics: and it would be a postal money order, same as Ebay if you've done ebay.

I want to send pics first.

Also, I need to know shipping address, and choice method of shipment.

Once you have no other picture requests and I have your money order, the deal is done but for shipment and all sales are final unless shipping claim damage needs processing. Chasing claims I have done, but I won't babysit your claim and would guarantee refund once insurer's cheque is cleared. Therefore you would select amount of insurance of your choice at or above what you feel item value is.

Lastly, packing method, do you want these things sent no heads and shell inside shell, or what? I would select bubble wrap packing film or styrofoam between shells to prevent scratching, and disassemble all hardware bagged together, identified per shell. I think that's best method.

thanks

GAR
01-01-2004, 12:51 AM
Subject: terms of payment & trust
To: gar@knac.com
Received: from web80702.mail.yahoo.com (web80702.mail.yahoo.com [66.163.170.59])by imta24.mta.everyone.net (Postfix) with SMTP id F0103B29AFfor <gar@knac.com>; Tue, 30 Dec 2003 15:51:17 -0800 (PST)
from [81.199.85.64] by web80702.mail.yahoo.com via HTTP; Tue, 30 Dec 2003 15:51:17 PST
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="0-711043763-1072828277=:36489"
Mime-Version: 1.0
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 15:51:17 -0800 (PST)
Message-Id: <20031230235117.37091.qmail@web80702.mail.yahoo.com>

--- pit dave wrote:
Thanks ,

You word is great,so kindly take your time and i need you to know that am well prepared in buying the drums from you,so please keep other buyers off.

I'm okay with the pics including the price and condition as stated by you as am very interested in purchasing the drums .

I have contacted my Client in the States who owes me a sum of $3500 and he has agreed to make out a Cashier's Check or Money Order on my behalf for the payments.
Having it in mind that business is based on trust,i would like you to receive the check,cash it and wire the excess funds after removing the payment for the drums .Then i would like you to wire the remaining through Western Union to my so that he would arrange for the shipment.My shipper will be coming over for the pick up at your loaction.He will also be signing every documents concerning the sale of the drums .

If you agree with these terms mail me back with your Full Name,Physical Contact Address and phone number in which i would forward to my Client in the US to issue out the payments on my behalf.

Regards,
dave.

NB.Once you received payments i would like you to cash it immediately and wire the funds so the shipment would commense.

GAR
01-01-2004, 12:58 AM
SO:

You thought this shit only happend with scam letters from Nigeria?

THEY'RE DOING IT THRU PEOPLE SELLING THEIR GEAR NOW!

This looked just too fucking good: I just emailed the guy after I traced his IP - and the only reason I did that was because he didn't FOLLOW MY FUCKING DIRECTIONS.

You do shit out of order, you get fucked up, right?

I quote:

"I want to send pics first.

Also, I need to know shipping address, and choice method of shipment."

He didn't gimme his SHIP-TO addy, that was a Red Flag of Caution right there.. I mean, $3500 for a drum kit sight unseen, and just "send me the change wire transfer" because your client here in the US owes you money?

Don't DO this: First you will get ripped off, then you'll get into trouble with conspiracy charges if the "client" comes after you for the return of that $3500 when he finds out his Nigerian Boy scammed him, and used YOU to launder the money to him.

GAR
01-01-2004, 12:59 AM
You've been warned!

Just a quick "Gar warned you" so there you go, folks..

BITEYOASS
02-27-2006, 12:51 PM
Well just to kept people noticed of this fraud, I'm bumping this thread.

Matt White
02-27-2006, 12:58 PM
:mad: Bump somewhere else pal!!!:mad: