PDA

View Full Version : Buchanan, MSNBC: Bush Fought Harder Than Kerry

ELVIS
10-09-2004, 03:27 PM
Oct. 8, 2004 (http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/10/8/230022.shtml)

http://www.newsmax.com/images/headlines/DebateII-4.jpg

Most everyone on the MSNBC panel thought President Bush was more lively, more ready, and did much better in the second debate than in the first.

The consensus was that the questions were tougher on Bush than Kerry, that Kerry was a bit haughty and repetitive, and that Bush was certainly "feisty."

Pat Buchanan was the most outspoken of those on MSNBC. He told the panel that the debate was like a boxing match where one fighter - in this case the president - "delivers a knockout punch in the first round."

"I never saw Kerry regain his footing," Buchanan added.

"The president felt confident ... he felt he was winning."

"The president was strong and tough ... he looked like he came to fight, and he did it in a presidential way."

"It is impossible for me to say other than that the president defeated John Kerry handily - he [Kerry] was repetitive and used the same lines as in the last debate."

The president let Kerry talk about taxes over and over, and "it played to the president," he said.

Buchanan also thought that Kerry was deliberately trying to goad President Bush into losing his temper by "moving within eight feet or so" of him and leaning in toward Bush.

Chris Matthews agreed, and was impressed that Bush restrained himself and didn't "take the bait."

Tom Brokaw said it was "the most useful debate I've seen in a long, long time."

Tim Russert added, "I loved the questions, they came from the heart," and said the "candidates didn't try to warp their answers."

Russert said that Bush was definitely "more energetic" this time around, and thinks people are interested in the election and will watch the next debate in great numbers.

:elvis:

ODShowtime
10-09-2004, 05:18 PM
Yeah, it looked like Bush was fighting hard last night.

Kerry made it look easy. It was like playing tease the chimp. :monkey:

ELVIS
02-13-2005, 07:15 PM
*bump*

FORD
02-13-2005, 07:28 PM
Why the necroposting? :confused:

ELVIS
02-13-2005, 07:37 PM
Just revisiting a little Buchanan wisdom...;)

LoungeMachine
02-13-2005, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Just revisiting a little Buchanan wisdom...;)

If you're out of ammo.......throw rocks I guess:rolleyes:

academic punk
02-13-2005, 08:02 PM
wait..in the other thread, your republican peers were saying what a liberal putz buchanan is these days...now you're saying the man is smart and wise...which one is it?

is it simply the one that is most convenient at a given moment?

ELVIS
02-13-2005, 08:07 PM
I like Pat, never said I didn't...

BigBadBrian
02-13-2005, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
wait..in the other thread, your republican peers were saying what a liberal putz buchanan is these days...now you're saying the man is smart and wise...which one is it?

is it simply the one that is most convenient at a given moment?

It's just showing even Pat can have a different slant on things. :gulp:

BTW....Thank GOD for all those senile Palm County voters. :gulp:

academic punk
02-13-2005, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian

BTW....Thank GOD for all those senile Palm County voters. :gulp:

hahahahaaha

even i can laugh at that one!

BTW Elvis, I didn't say you. look at my above posty...I made sure to say "your republican friends". my pet peeve is when people try to put words in my mouth, so i'm conscious not to do it to others.

ELVIS
02-13-2005, 08:13 PM
I hear ya...