PDA

View Full Version : Frequencey ? for Lou

VanJay011379
10-09-2004, 04:16 PM
Lou,

I know you are just as picky about mp3 sourced boots as I am.

I got a recording of DLR on the Carson Daily show. It appears to be mp3 sourced as the red and orange end at the spectral view end at about 16K.

However, the frequency analysis does not indicate what the tutorial you referred at http://www.audiohub.org/get/fa/fa.htm

I have attached an image. Let me know what you think.

Lou
10-09-2004, 04:25 PM
That is definitely mp3.

VanJay011379
10-09-2004, 04:27 PM
Shit!

Thanks!

Lou
10-09-2004, 04:29 PM
Yep don't you just love the VH trading world!

If you traded for this, ask for a makeup and insist that everyone with whom you trade check for mp3. You have to be firm about this if you really want to protect yourself against crap.

Dave's PA Rental
10-10-2004, 01:09 PM
I love how people ask Lou for the answers, NOT Cato! DEATH TO MP3, CATO! (I'd love to see how that translates into Japanese)

Anyway, that is obviously an inferior sound source, but it might not be mp3.

I think that it might be a streaming-media capture.

I dont think that it is a VHS conversion, because every VHS-sourced spectral analysis I have ever seen contains a thin line that is separate and above the main color band.

It might also be DAT sourced. Every mp3 frequency analysis Ive seen has a more dramatic drop off after 15MH.

Lou is probably right, though. He has way more experience in mp3 detection than I do.

PS
I still cant get this FUCKING DVD software to burn DVD's from STG...

Cato
10-10-2004, 06:28 PM
I know mp3 is a shit and also don't like it as well. but it's an official format here.

if you don't want to see me posting it anymore, ask Sarge or Pojo to fire me. eh?

Lou
10-11-2004, 12:03 AM
Who said it's an official format here, you? Show me where it says, "mp3 is the official format of the Army." Don't even pretend that you post mp3 out of obligation to keep your "job" as the moderator of this forum. Deep down you love mp3 and you know it.

Cato
10-11-2004, 12:58 AM
Sarge picked mp3 to share audio, and real player for vid. ask him if it is true. he's the rule.

I never like mp3. never. but I know you liked it. remember you asked me to send it via email, and I did.
and when I suggested you start trading, you said you just wanted to hear music.

I always wonder why you are so ill-mannered. didn't your parents teach you manners?

Cato
10-11-2004, 01:20 AM
once again. ask Sarge or Pojo to fire me.

I know you won't, though.

Lou
10-11-2004, 11:56 AM
I only "liked" mp3 because that's all I knew. But things have changed now. New compression formats have come out like .shn and .flac which have changed the scope of trading and made the real thing available to so many more people. Yes I do remember trading mp3's in 2002 with you. But now I realize that it sucks and it's just unacceptable. It doesn't count as really having the show.

Mp3 had its day but it's done now. A few people may still like it but most people want the real thing. Moreover, more and more people have high-speed internet making the whole purpose of mp3 moot.

DDLR.com hardly hosts mp3's anymore; it'd be nice if we could do the same.

Cato
10-11-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Lou
Mp3 had its day but it's done now. A few people may still like it but most people want the real thing. Moreover, more and more people have high-speed internet making the whole purpose of mp3 moot.
did you send out questionnaires?
and how do you think of dialup users? I can't desert them.

DDLR.com hardly hosts mp3's anymore; it'd be nice if we could do the same.
say it to Sarge.

btw, have you thought why you can't get the Nagoya 2004 show from me? you know, it's caused by your attitude to me.
I never bash/insult the person who has what I want, even if it was a turd. but you do, because you are a moron who can't balance the profits and losses.

Lou
10-11-2004, 06:35 PM
As far as dialup users go, that's what vines are for. DDLR.com does those too.

I don't care that much about DLR solo shows, but if one's going to be given away for free it sucks that it has to be done in mp3. It's like you just have this insistence to downgrade quality.

As far as I'm concerned, having something in mp3 is the equivalent to not having it at all. I'd rather have a blank disc than have a disc with mp3 sourced crap, because at least the blank disc has some utility. When I get mp3 shit in a trade it goes IMMEDIATELY to the trash. Everything I get, I scan with Exact Audio Copy. If it's mp3'd I don't even listen to it. I certainly don't even acknowledge it by putting it on my trade list. I throw it across the room into the trash can as if it doesn't exist.

By the way haven't you called me a cunt a few times? I don't care but don't come off like you haven't also been slinging insults.

Cato
10-11-2004, 07:41 PM
>By the way haven't you called me a cunt a few times? I don't care but don't come off like you haven't also been slinging insults

I have, many times. and will keep calling you so. now you start looking like GAR to my eye.

>As far as I'm concerned, having something in mp3 is the equivalent to not having it at all. I'd rather have a blank disc than have a disc with mp3 sourced crap, because at least the blank disc has some utility. When I get mp3 shit in a trade it goes IMMEDIATELY to the and trash. Everything I get, I scan with Exact Audio Copy. If it's mp3'd I don't even listen to it. I certainly don't even acknowledge it by putting it on my trade list. I throw it across the room into the trash can as if it doesn't exist.

so what? that's your matter. who cares?

Lou
10-11-2004, 09:47 PM
Well with that attitude who cares about anyone's opinion then. I think mp3 stinks and I think it stinks that you just continue to pollute the trading pool.

And as far as comparisons between GAR and I were concerned, let's not forget that I fucking STAND UP for those being ripped off and I will not tolerate people paying money for bootlegs.

If you really think there's a comparison between GAR and me you're as dumb as he is.

Rebel
10-11-2004, 11:04 PM
Come on guys, can't we all just get along :D

Cato
10-12-2004, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Lou
Well with that attitude who cares about anyone's opinion then. I think mp3 stinks and I think it stinks that you just continue to pollute the trading pool.

snob, besides me who are you bashing? twofoolsaminutes is also posting mp3s here. do you have any comment about him?

If you really think there's a comparison between GAR and me you're as dumb as he is.
so did your parents forget to teach you manners?

oh, I should have asked it them.