PDA

View Full Version : Van Halen Rockline Interview 1984...

Dave's PA Rental
01-27-2004, 06:27 PM
I just posted this classic over at sharingthegroove.org. click here (http://www.sharingthegroove.org/msgboard/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37905) to check it out...

Van Halen
February 22, 1984
Rockline Interview

Conversion: FM broadcast > Maxell XLII-S 90 > PolderbitS Sound Recorder (.WAV) > mkw Audio Compression Tool (.SHN)
Recorded by: Daves PA rental
Quality: Very Good/Excellent

(approximately 30 minutes of audio)

******NOTES********
I recorded this on February 22, 1984. It was taped from a broadcast of 94 WHJY in Providence, Rhode Island onto a Maxell XLII-S 90 tape. The tape deck was a high-end tape deck for that time (don't remember the brand). I have edited out the studio tracks from this broadcast, and there are a few times where I paused the taping and may have missed some of the interview. Each track is about 5-7 minutes long and contains absolutely the most classic David Lee Roth one-liners and commentary. At the end of the broadcast, there is an unreleased Van Halen song featuring Eddie Van Halen on acoustic guitar with DLR singing. It is a bluesy-type song that I have never heard from any other source. I don't know the name of the song. This is for die-hard Van Halen fans. I am honored to bring this to you all.

01. Track 1 (5:21)
02. Track 2 (6:02)
03. Track 3 (5:44)
04. Track 4 (3:52)
05. Track 5 (8:22) (Includes unreleased Van Halen track)

Dave's PA Rental
01-27-2004, 06:28 PM
I will convert this to mp3 and post it here, but I hope that you all learn about bit torrenting and download the .SHN version instead...

Dave's PA Rental
01-27-2004, 06:29 PM
mp3's will be posted sometime tonight (I hope)

Flash Bastard
01-27-2004, 06:45 PM
Thanks for converting it to MP3 format. My computer refuses to run the bit torrent software.

BTW, allow me to thank you for all the downloads you've put up here and elsewhere. Your hard work is very much appreciated.

Dave's PA Rental
01-27-2004, 07:07 PM
I wonder how many people can pinpoint that exact moment when David Lee Roth became their idol. For me, it was during this interview...the exact moment was when Dave told the girl on the other end of the radio to "put the radio against your body..." He launched into a bit that Howard Stern ripped off in "Private Parts", and it ended with Dave pauseing and the classic R&B song "I'm A Girl Watcher" came in as if on cue. "It's all in the timing, baby!" From that moment, I wanted to be David Lee Roth...

Hecubus
01-28-2004, 12:42 AM
Creepy dude...I was just listening to that part as I read your post!!

Whooooooaaaaaaaaaa