PDA

View Full Version : gw's beedy little eyes

ODShowtime
10-13-2004, 10:07 PM
I heard that when you look up and left you are lying and if you look up and right you are remembering (or vice versa).

gw keeps darting his eyes back and forth when Kerry hits him. He looks so crafty...

he's running scared now...

Lqskdiver
10-13-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
I heard that when you look up and left you are lying and if you look up and right you are remembering (or vice versa).

gw keeps darting his eyes back and forth when Kerry hits him. He looks so crafty...

he's running scared now...

That's just the endorphins in your system making you trip. :bong:

I just loved the way Bush kept labeling KKKerry a liberal. Why should anybody be afraid of being labeled as such if the voting record stands as such. Just shows they have no spine.

Ally_Kat
10-13-2004, 11:01 PM
is that reversed for left-handers? Cuz I look upper andleft when remembering and down and right when I lie.

Dr. Love
10-13-2004, 11:02 PM
That's funny... I look people dead in the eye whether I tell the truth or lie.

knuckleboner
10-14-2004, 10:20 AM
actually, doc, i never lie to people's faces. just behind their backs.

FORD
10-14-2004, 11:08 AM
Actually, the problem with Junior's eyes isn't beadiness, it's the fact that the man has no damned pupils. All you see in those eyes is blackness.

Some would say that means the man has no soul, which I wouldn't doubt for a second.

But to me it actually reminds me of the X-Files episodes with the bizarre alien virus that turned it's victims eyes black.

Guess that would go with the rumor of Cheney being a reptillian alien from the old V series....

ODShowtime
10-14-2004, 11:40 AM
V was scary

Ally_Kat
10-14-2004, 01:42 PM
I didn't like V.

Big Train
10-14-2004, 07:14 PM
Are we really down to this?

Beady eyes..??? The blind hate is unchartable...

So, conversely I should like Lurch and his Sgt. Slaughter Chin, his retarded gestures, his "athletic" poses in various REI photo ops,.....

ODShowtime
10-14-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Big Train
Are we really down to this?

Beady eyes..??? The blind hate is unchartable...

So, conversely I should like Lurch and his Sgt. Slaughter Chin, his retarded gestures, his "athletic" poses in various REI photo ops,.....

I tossed this thread out when I was pretty drunk last night. I was watching Kerry deliver a particularly shocking blow to gw during the debate and they had a split screen that showed his face. gw had a weird almost-grin and his eyes kept darting all about. To me that shows panic, pure and simple. It's not fact that I can site, or a quote from some asshole, it's what I saw with my own eyes and my assessment of it.

I mean, we all know he looks like a chimp. :monkey: I'm not gonna start a thread just for that!

Big Train
10-14-2004, 09:13 PM
Kerry deliver a particularly shocking blow??

Kerry was on his knees most of the night...

ODShowtime
10-14-2004, 10:45 PM
It might have been when Kerry said "the president is lying to you" to the American people. gw didn't dig that one too much. I didn't watch the whole thing, it got boring.

Big Train
10-15-2004, 12:06 AM
Oh yea, that was a "killer" blow. I say he is lying to you, is probably the weakest line anyone can throw. I won't prove it, but I will say it and it will be true.

wraytw
10-15-2004, 03:11 AM
I won't prove it, but I will say it and it will be true.

Isn't that what Kerry's whole campaign is based on?

ODShowtime
10-15-2004, 08:46 AM
Oh yea, that was a "killer" blow. I say he is lying to you, is probably the weakest line anyone can throw. I won't prove it, but I will say it and it will be true.

Train, sometimes conversing with you is like yelling at myself in the mirror. In my perception, bush is one of the biggest and worst liars in the history of politics. There's plenty of ways to prove that. No politician is perfect, but christ, (cue JC funny comment) Bush lies like a motherfucker!

Cathedral
10-15-2004, 08:56 AM
Why lie?
I'm with Doc, i look straight into the eyes of the people i talk to, lie or no lie.
I can't stand to talk to someone who keeps looking around while your talking to them either.
I always ask if they have attention span issues if they do, lol.

To be totally honest, neither of these guys running are particularly a good choice, and both of them told whoppers throughout the debates.
That said, just vote your conscience and make the best choice from what you have to choose from.

I know, it ain't much of a choice, but it is what it is.

Seshmeister
10-15-2004, 10:53 AM
Bush had a weird lop sided fake grin and blinked like mad.

ELVIS
10-15-2004, 11:33 AM
A sign of chemical enhancement, perhaps ??

FORD
10-15-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
A sign of chemical enhancement, perhaps ??

Are you admitting the possibility that the Chimp could be on drugs?

And would you still vote for him if you knew he was using?

ELVIS
10-15-2004, 11:47 AM
NO ONE'S ABOVE SUSPICION

No, I don't think he's on drugs...

If I suspected such, I would not vote for him...

Cathedral
10-15-2004, 11:57 AM
He looked like a guy who was concerned about what was coming out of Kerry's mouth, lol.
His grin was fake, and anger was underlying because to say that Bush has failed economically totally discounts the events of Sept. 11th.

I get tired of hearing how things should have been normal in this Presidency, and how they compare Bush to past Presidents, when this 4 year period has been unprecedented and so enormously costly to our Nation.

Democrats only seem to remember that attack when they are boasting their own poltical jargon, but talk as if it never happened when addressing Bush and his policies.

It isn't right and it's insulting to all Americans.

People aren't stupid, or maybe they are.
Just as an example, It's almost like a football player who gets into a car wreck he didn't cause, loses a leg, and then gets yelled at for not being able to play the game anymore.

3000 people dead, Hundreds of Millions of dollars, and a million jobs lost because of one Sept. morning...Yeah, that was no setback at all for the Bush Admin. according to liberals.

FORD
10-15-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral

Just as an example, It's almost like a football player who gets into a car wreck he didn't cause, loses a leg, and then gets yelled at for not being able to play the game anymore.

Actually, in the case of the BCE, it's more like a football player who got behind the wheel of a car with a Blood Alcohol Content of .20, causes his own wreck, kills an entire family in the other car and then expects the entire NFL to change their rules to accomodate him throwing passes from a wheelchair.

Big Train
10-15-2004, 12:17 PM
Train, sometimes conversing with you is like yelling at myself in the mirror. In my perception, bush is one of the biggest and worst liars in the history of politics. There's plenty of ways to prove that. No politician is perfect, but christ, (cue JC funny comment) Bush lies like a motherfucker!

OD,

I feel you argue FEELINGS a lot. I Feel he is one of the biggest liars etc...

There aren't plenty of ways to prove it, if there were , there would not be a full half of this country who disagrees with you. Everyone's argument is out there at this point and if any of it washed out, you would have a lot more than 50% of the country siding with Kerry. Even more so if you could prove "He is one of biggest liars in history"...

ODShowtime
10-15-2004, 01:44 PM
OD,

I feel you argue FEELINGS a lot. I Feel he is one of the biggest liars etc...

There aren't plenty of ways to prove it, if there were , there would not be a full half of this country who disagrees with you. Everyone's argument is out there at this point and if any of it washed out, you would have a lot more than 50% of the country siding with Kerry. Even more so if you could prove "He is one of biggest liars in history"...

First of all, your statistic about half the country disagreeing with me is flawed, deeply flawed. "Likely voters" are a lot different than the monumental, astounding turn out you will see. The sleeping giant has now officially risen. Wait until election day and I'll bump this thread. Turnout will be off the charts.

Another of the main reasons that "50%" of this country disagrees with me is because a huge percentage of this country is composed of ill-informed dullards. I don't care if that sounds cocky, it's true and I won't be convinced otherwise.

Once you get past those people, there are millions of mis-informed people. Behind them, the line of intelligent people experiencing cognitive dissonance that will not allow them to believe anything but the party line. I've documented here numerous times how terrible this administration is, and every time I do, you find one part to pick out or you tell me the source is not credible or whatever. You just don't want to believe and that's your prerogative. I'm sure it's a lot nicer in la-la land (seriously, no personal offense meant) and you won't see it coming, which will probably be nice.

But I can deduce things. I understand how power and money flow together. I know how they intoxicate. I know this administration has been corrupted by these forces. I see it their words and actions. I know.

ELVIS
10-15-2004, 01:52 PM
"Likely voters" are a lot different than the monumental, astounding turn out you will see.

For Bush...

I know.

Yeah right...:rolleyes:

ODShowtime
10-15-2004, 01:56 PM
Sorry I feel strongly about something. My bad.

ELVIS
10-15-2004, 02:01 PM
There you go with those "feelings" again...

Feelings are irrational...

ODShowtime
10-15-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
There you go with those "feelings" again...

Feelings are irrational...

You got me there.

I seems to me that a lot your political ideas stem from your faith. What's the difference between your faith and my feelings? Neither is rational.

Ally_Kat
10-15-2004, 02:25 PM
"Likely voters" are a lot different than the monumental, astounding turn out you will see.

Which, would be great if it were filled with scincere people. There's a lot of people in this group who say they are going to come out and vote because they hate Bush.

Well, that's all fine and dandy but I deal with these people in school on a daily basis.

Let me tell you -- if they are the huge deciding factor in this election, I am going to be pissed. A good handful of the ones I deal with all day say that they could care less about politics. All they know is that they don't like Bush and that they will vote for Kerry. Don't know anything about Kerry or his stances, but hee's got to be better that Bush is their way of thinking.

I'm sorry, but that's ignorant and it really pisses me off.

I've said it before and I'll say it again -- I'm all about people voting. It's a right that many people died for and one that should be protected. But, if you are going to take the responsibilty of voting, then for God's sake -- educate yourself. Instead of asking what the protest cheer is, ask what each canidate's platforms are.

That's what I hate about most of the people I come into contact with about this. They don't educate themselves. And when I ask them if they'll vote in the next Presidential election, most of them tell me that they it wouldn't matter as long as Bush wasn't in the office.

That really tells me that they don't care.

And not only does that anger me...it makes me sad, too. :(

Big Train
10-15-2004, 02:25 PM
Not cocky, it makes you sound like an asshole. That we disagree doesn't make me a "dullard" or "misinformed" or anyone else for that matter. Don't try to cop out by saying, "well not you Train". That is elitest drivel at it's worst.

My argument is not flawed at all because there are no hard numbers until people actually show up and vote. Polls are just that, polls. What people say at a given day or time. What actually happens remains to be seen.

Things aren't nicer in la-la land (personal offense taken, as again it is elitist-The most densely populated city in the US couldn't possibly have the problems of PA, but I'm sure "YOU KNOW" that much).

You have "deduced" what you want and I have no problem with that. You won't hear me insult you for views I disagree with you or use arrogance to proclaim I'm correct. I prefer to use logic and ask lots of questions, then make an assumption based on what I find. I don't focus on things like "beady eyes" as a reason to elect or not elect someone.

I'm glad you feel strongly, but you need work expressing yourself.

ODShowtime
10-15-2004, 02:50 PM
Not cocky, it makes you sound like an asshole. That we disagree doesn't make me a "dullard" or "misinformed" or anyone else for that matter. Don't try to cop out by saying, "well not you Train". That is elitest drivel at it's worst.

My argument is not flawed at all because there are no hard numbers until people actually show up and vote. Polls are just that, polls. What people say at a given day or time. What actually happens remains to be seen.

Things aren't nicer in la-la land (personal offense taken, as again it is elitist-The most densely populated city in the US couldn't possibly have the problems of PA, but I'm sure "YOU KNOW" that much).

You have "deduced" what you want and I have no problem with that. You won't hear me insult you for views I disagree with you or use arrogance to proclaim I'm correct. I prefer to use logic and ask lots of questions, then make an assumption based on what I find. I don't focus on things like "beady eyes" as a reason to elect or not elect someone.

I'm glad you feel strongly, but you need work expressing yourself.

No, you need to work on not reading novels into people's sentences.

Next, you need to work on your logic. You don't have any hard evidence that 50% of the country disagrees with me. Stick to the rules you dictate.

After that, you need to take your own advice. You really offended me the other day with the "ah every says that and it pisses me off" bullshit. You couldn't get more "elitist."

Finally, I didn't mean lala land literally jackass.

Big Train
10-15-2004, 03:09 PM
Settle down tiger...

It'll be fine....

If I offended you, oh well. I asked you and apologized if you took it that way.

Roll with the punches...

I'll keep it simple, no more novels for you.

ODShowtime
10-15-2004, 03:22 PM
Settle down tiger...

It'll be fine....

If I offended you, oh well. I asked you and apologized if you took it that way.

Roll with the punches...

I'll keep it simple, no more novels for you.

Every action has a reaction.

back to business...

Mezro
10-15-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral

To be totally honest, neither of these guys running are particularly a good choice

I agree with Brother Cath; these guys are ham and eggers.

They both will lie, cheat and steal while the working man squeals.

Mezro...Kerry is the lesser of two evils and that is where my vote will go...plus, his ugly wife reminds me of Halloween...I love Halloween...

ODShowtime
10-15-2004, 03:43 PM
"get an ugly wife
and a messed up life
in the Army"

In Living Color quote not meant to offend anyone

Big Train
10-15-2004, 04:02 PM
Whatever that is OD.

ODShowtime
10-15-2004, 04:06 PM
Sorry "In Living Colour"

Are you serious? You never saw that show? Jim Carry's springboard to fame?

ODShowtime
10-15-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
Let me tell you -- if they are the huge deciding factor in this election, I am going to be pissed. A good handful of the ones I deal with all day say that they could care less about politics. All they know is that they don't like Bush and that they will vote for Kerry. Don't know anything about Kerry or his stances, but hee's got to be better that Bush is their way of thinking.

Ally, you have to ask yourself why these people feel the way they do. Why is he one of the most reviled presidents in history? One big reason was two wars, one of which was extremely unpopular. But there's more to it than just that.

Ally_Kat
10-15-2004, 10:59 PM
Ally, you have to ask yourself why these people feel the way they do. Why is he one of the most reviled presidents in history? One big reason was two wars, one of which was extremely unpopular. But there's more to it than just that.

Yeah, but feeling and thinking are two different things. They feel but if you ask them for facts, they can't. They just give you what's written down on pamphlets or whatever they are told. They don't go read for themselves or ask questions.

I'm sorry but I don't want some large mass of college students who feel a certain way but can't answer questions on what they preach to be the voice of the millennial generation.

It's kind of hypocritical for someone to say that Bush doesn't know anything about the economy and then for them themselves to not be able to explain what he's doing wrong because they don't know what's going on. You seriously ask them questions to find out why they feel the way they do and all they do is spout out about blood for oil or we are in an illegal war, and then yell that I'm stupid and don't know anything when all I was doing was asking them a question. Well, I may be stupid but at least I can explain where each of the canidates stands and what I like and don't like about each and form an opinion from that.

Call me a snob, but uninformed people like this really piss me off. Especially when they get up in arms and band against somebody for an office. And I also don't believe you should vote for someone because they are not the other guy. At least vote for somebody you want to see in office because you actually agree with something he proposes and/or the direction you think he'll take the country; Not because all of your buddies at some protest say you have to do everything and anything to get a guy out of office.

ELVIS
10-15-2004, 11:07 PM
Awesome post Ally!

*love*

Cathedral
10-15-2004, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Actually, in the case of the BCE, it's more like a football player who got behind the wheel of a car with a Blood Alcohol Content of .20, causes his own wreck, kills an entire family in the other car and then expects the entire NFL to change their rules to accomodate him throwing passes from a wheelchair.

Damn, You spun that around on me like a pro, touche.

Cathedral
10-15-2004, 11:33 PM
Yeah, but feeling and thinking are two different things. They feel but if you ask them for facts, they can't. They just give you what's written down on pamphlets or whatever they are told. They don't go read for themselves or ask questions.

I'm sorry but I don't want some large mass of college students who feel a certain way but can't answer questions on what they preach to be the voice of the millennial generation.

It's kind of hypocritical for someone to say that Bush doesn't know anything about the economy and then for them themselves to not be able to explain what he's doing wrong because they don't know what's going on. You seriously ask them questions to find out why they feel the way they do and all they do is spout out about blood for oil or we are in an illegal war, and then yell that I'm stupid and don't know anything when all I was doing was asking them a question. Well, I may be stupid but at least I can explain where each of the canidates stands and what I like and don't like about each and form an opinion from that.

Call me a snob, but uninformed people like this really piss me off. Especially when they get up in arms and band against somebody for an office. And I also don't believe you should vote for someone because they are not the other guy. At least vote for somebody you want to see in office because you actually agree with something he proposes and/or the direction you think he'll take the country; Not because all of your buddies at some protest say you have to do everything and anything to get a guy out of office.

Beautiful post indeed...
I have to admit though, in the 2000 election i voted for the lesser of two evils, and we got him.
But, I was educated on the issues and had a solid opinion as to why i voted for Bush.
He was closer to fitting my position than Al Gore by miles.

It's different this time, Kerry has style but lacks substance and direction. A much better opponent than Al Gore.

Neither would be first on my list of candidates if i had more choices than two, but Bush is still the guy who closely fits my positions.

This goes without saying, but abortion is always the first thing i take into consideration.
Show me a liberal who is against abortion and he has a shot at getting my vote.

ODShowtime
10-16-2004, 12:49 AM

I've heard this from you before and it doesn't address my question. Why do so many people dislike bush? Why do I dislike him so much?

I just asked you to roll it over in your mind and think about it and you won't. Maybe you have thought this over a lot and just don't feel like elaborating now. But every one of us should think it over.

I have many times, and I've tried to examine it from all sides before I arrive at the final conclusion in my mind, which is rarely ever FINAL.

Ally_Kat
10-16-2004, 01:23 AM
I've heard this from you before and it doesn't address my question. Why do so many people dislike bush? Why do I dislike him so much?

I just asked you to roll it over in your mind and think about it and you won't. Maybe you have thought this over a lot and just don't feel like elaborating now. But every one of us should think it over.

I have many times, and I've tried to examine it from all sides before I arrive at the final conclusion in my mind, which is rarely ever FINAL.

So basically I have to come up with reasons why they don't like him as president? I have tried to talk and have conversations with them to understand, but I've already explained what happens with that.

So, rolling it in my mind like you are asking me to do, My conclusion is that they are just enacting sheep society or reacting to a feeling based on someone's opinion on things. They don't educate themselves or make their own opinions.

I don't know why they think that way. I don't think like that. I don't follow like that. I have this thing called thinking for myself...

And I don't know why you personally dislike the president. I'm not you. I don't know all your reasons for reacting to things the way you do. So why should I have to come up with your reasons? Why can't you explain when asked? That makes no sense whatsoever.

ODShowtime
10-16-2004, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat So, rolling it in my mind like you are asking me to do, My conclusion is that they are just enacting sheep society or reacting to a feeling based on someone's opinion on things. They don't educate themselves or make their own opinions.

So are you saying that people who dislike Bush do so because they are happy to blindly follow others, and/or they don't seek to educate themselves on important matters?

That's funny because that's the same stuff I say about a lot of Bush supporters. (regardless of which one of us is correct that's weird)

And I don't know why you personally dislike the president. I'm not you. I don't know all your reasons for reacting to things the way you do. So why should I have to come up with your reasons? Why can't you explain when asked? That makes no sense whatsoever.

I was getting a little loopy with that sentence. Believe me, I have plenty of good reasons to dislike bush and I think I've esposed them here pretty thoroughly. Just read some of my thread titles.

Well, thanks for at least playing a long with me for awhile. :) I'm trying to see what makes bush supporters tick.

Ally_Kat
10-16-2004, 02:03 AM
So are you saying that people who dislike Bush do so because they are happy to blindly follow others, and/or they don't seek to educate themselves on important matters?

That's funny because that's the same stuff I say about a lot of Bush supporters. (regardless of which one of us is correct that's weird)

Um...no. That's not what I'm saying. You have me including everyone who dislikes Bush, and maybe you adhere that type of thinking to people who support him, but that goes against my viewpoint and statement that I don't care who someone support politically as long as they have an educated and well thought-out reason.

If you misunderstood that last post, you probably misunderstood the rest, which are about a specific part of the large group that is coming out of the woodworks to vote against Bush and not all.