PDA

View Full Version : Revenge of the Sith Preview

bueno bob
10-14-2004, 02:23 PM
Apparently, this is one of the preview posters for Star Wars Ep. 3 this May...enjoy...

Carmine Raguzza
10-14-2004, 02:50 PM
this ones gonna be good!

rustoffa
10-14-2004, 02:51 PM
:D

http://img38.exs.cx/img38/5448/strikes1.jpg

Carmine Raguzza
10-14-2004, 02:53 PM
yeah..."Iron my shirt Bitch!"

Bill Lumbergh
10-15-2004, 01:07 AM
Hopefully this one makes up for the shitty 1 and 2.

Rikk
10-15-2004, 01:34 AM
I really don't see how they can fail. The Queen dies, Anakin goes nuts, he kills Christopher Lee and he and Obi Wan have a big duel at the end and then the Emperor wins! It's gotta be good!

I'm so pumped. They can't fuck up all three movies!!!

Which one was worse: 1 or 2? I still think 2 was worse.

DLRdelight!
10-15-2004, 01:45 AM
It better be good, for as long as they have been taking

Bill Lumbergh
10-15-2004, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by Rikk
I really don't see how they can fail. The Queen dies, Anakin goes nuts, he kills Christopher Lee and he and Obi Wan have a big duel at the end and then the Emperor wins! It's gotta be good!

I'm so pumped. They can't fuck up all three movies!!!

Which one was worse: 1 or 2? I still think 2 was worse.

Definitely 2. The second half of it was okay, but the first half was just so fucking boring. 1 was pretty dull as well.........never thought years ago that I would say that about ANY SW movie. 3 should be good though.

Cathedral
10-15-2004, 02:18 AM
My hopes will remain down until my ass hits the theater seat.

I know too much about this one that already bugs me, so it's hard to be optomistic.

Hayden as the adult Anakin just doesn't work for me since they've already portrayed him as a whiny little wuss in AOTC.

"Obi-Won is holding me back" sniff-sniff

But i'll admit that when he did in those Tuskins, that was pretty brutal, lol.
The problem, he just doesn't make me believe that he can tie his character to the "New Hope" Vader.

But what is cool is that it is rumored that James Earl Jones will revise his voice over of Vader, Post Accident.
But i have yet to see anything official on this.

Rikk
10-15-2004, 02:21 AM
Do you know what the actual "accident" is supposed to be that makes him Darth?

Bill Lumbergh
10-15-2004, 02:25 AM
Doesnt he fall into lava or something?

bueno bob
10-15-2004, 02:44 AM
SPOILERS BELOW!!!

Anakin loses his footing while duelling with Kenobi on a planet of volcanos and falls in...remember his quote from Ep. 2, "Someday I'll be strong enough to keep people from dying!"? Well, that's essentially the case...he shields himself in the force during the fall and although the lava mostly destroys him, his command of the force is strong enough to preserve his life until Palpatine gets to him and puts him in the armor...

From what I've heard of Ep. 3, Anakin is going to be exceptionally brutal...no more whining about "OB1's holding me back" nonsense, just a clear and definite sense of overconfidence in his abilities (but his abilities by this movie are EXTREME...he's supposed to be pulling off some AWESOME shit for this one in terms of force usage, piloting and lightsaber duelling...up to the point where OB1 winning the duel is practically more accident than any sort of superiority on his part).

For as many problems as Anakin and OB1 had against Dooku in Ep. 2, Anakin's supposed to take him out very quickly and very easily in Ep. 3, pretty early into the movie...I've heard a rumor that Dooku takes off Anakin's OTHER arm, but that Anakin uses the force while his severed arm is falling to the floor, grabs his lightsaber out of it and just keeps on fighting without missing a beat (nice little trick, there), and I guess if that's the case he'll have two robotic arms in Ep. 3...

I think Ep 3 is going to be DYNAMITE. It can't lose...it's subscribing to what made Empire Strikes Back work, the whole movie is on a downer and the good guys are getting their asses handed to them on a silver platter the whole time...Yoda gets his ass KICKED by Palpatine in a lightsaber duel...Anakin murders the Jedi Younglings, Mace Windu, and half of the Jedi council out of sheer hatred and contempt...Padme kicks the bucket (rumor has it it'll be Anakin himself that kills her in a fit of rage and that's the real ticket that turns him over to the dark side...a long winded sort of "GOD DAMN IT I'M PISSED - OH SHIT, SORRY HONEY" sort of deal)...

It'll be a BIG winner and make the low points of Ep 1 & 2 well worth it.

Cathedral
10-15-2004, 02:51 AM
bueno, that sounds really good.
My dark side just woke up after reading that and now, I can't wait.

By the way, did you subscribe to the SW site?

I wa pissed to learn that everything now has a price (tells you how long it's been since i visited there).

Anyway, thanks for the spoiler, ya hooked me on it.

Rikk
10-15-2004, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Anakin loses his footing while duelling with Kenobi on a planet of volcanos and falls in...remember his quote from Ep. 2, "Someday I'll be strong enough to keep people from dying!"? Well, that's essentially the case...he shields himself in the force during the fall and although the lava mostly destroys him, his command of the force is strong enough to preserve his life until Palpatine gets to him and puts him in the armor...

From what I've heard of Ep. 3, Anakin is going to be exceptionally brutal...no more whining about "OB1's holding me back" nonsense, just a clear and definite sense of overconfidence in his abilities (but his abilities by this movie are EXTREME...he's supposed to be pulling off some AWESOME shit for this one in terms of force usage, piloting and lightsaber duelling...up to the point where OB1 winning the duel is practically more accident than any sort of superiority on his part).

For as many problems as Anakin and OB1 had against Dooku in Ep. 2, Anakin's supposed to take him out very quickly and very easily in Ep. 3, pretty early into the movie...I've heard a rumor that Dooku takes off Anakin's OTHER arm, but that Anakin uses the force while his severed arm is falling to the floor, grabs his lightsaber out of it and just keeps on fighting without missing a beat (nice little trick, there), and I guess if that's the case he'll have two robotic arms in Ep. 3...

I think Ep 3 is going to be DYNAMITE. It can't lose...it's subscribing to what made Empire Strikes Back work, the whole movie is on a downer and the good guys are getting their asses handed to them on a silver platter the whole time...Yoda gets his ass KICKED by Palpatine in a lightsaber duel...Anakin murders the Jedi Younglings, Mace Windu, and half of the Jedi council out of sheer hatred and contempt...Padme kicks the bucket (rumor has it it'll be Anakin himself that kills her in a fit of rage and that's the real ticket that turns him over to the dark side...a long winded sort of "GOD DAMN IT I'M PISSED - OH SHIT, SORRY HONEY" sort of deal)...

Can't say I expect EVERY spoiler there to happen. But damn, I'm excited!!! Seven more months.

Bill Lumbergh
10-15-2004, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
SPOILERS BELOW!!!

Wow...........if Lucas fucks THIS one up, he's really lost it!

Bill Lumbergh
10-15-2004, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral

Me too!

Cathedral
10-15-2004, 03:03 AM
Miss this film, i won't
Anakin fucking nuts, he is
See it twice, we will

Cathedral
10-15-2004, 03:06 AM
Ok, how many of you who were old enough to see the originals in the theater.
How many times did you see it?

I topped out at 16 times for A New Hope, didn't get as extreme for the other but saw them more than once.

And there wasn't a toy i didn't have, even the cereal box order figures when the word "Merchandising" first began.

I still have some of that stuff, some of it managed to vanish over the years.

Bill Lumbergh
10-15-2004, 03:09 AM
I saw Empire at least a dozen times.........I think they re-released it in 81', and I saw it a couple of times when they did that.

bueno bob
10-15-2004, 03:09 AM
bueno, that sounds really good.
My dark side just woke up after reading that and now, I can't wait.

By the way, did you subscribe to the SW site?

I wa pissed to learn that everything now has a price (tells you how long it's been since i visited there).

Actually, I won't pay for the shit, either.

Most (if not ALL) of this can be found at www.theforce.net :) Shameless plug...they're great for free information and most everything they have they get from starwars.com (they won't put up the pay-for stuff though, Lucas Inc shut them down on that right quick).

But they've been really reliable so far :)

bueno bob
10-15-2004, 03:11 AM
I saw all three in the theater...Star Wars I had to catch when they re-released it in 80, but I was there for "Empire" (and I've got a fucking FUNNY story about that) and for "Jedi".

Had almost ALL of those old toys, but I eventually gave them away to my cousins before anybody had a notion of that eBay thing...

It makes me VERY FUCKING SAD to go there now and look up what some of my old toys are going for....Geeeeeezus.....

Cathedral
10-15-2004, 03:15 AM
Cool, thanks for the link.
Damn, ya got me all SW'd up, bro...Time to do some artwork.

bueno bob
10-15-2004, 03:20 AM
Sweetness!

"The Force will be with you...always."

:D

Rikk
10-15-2004, 03:21 AM
Star Wars: as a baby in '77 (don't remember it), then the re-release in 1981, then saw the re-re-release in 1997 three times.

Empire: twice in 1980, saw the re-re-release twice in 1997.

Jedi: saw twice in 1983, saw the re-re-release once in 1997. Still my least favorite of the original three.

Rikk
10-15-2004, 03:21 AM
Cool, thanks for the link.
Damn, ya got me all SW'd up, bro...Time to do some artwork.

Awesome!

Star Wars rocks! Did you like the box set?

Bill Lumbergh
10-15-2004, 03:25 AM
Star Wars: as a baby in '77 (don't remember it), then the re-release in 1981, then saw the re-re-release in 1997 three times.

Empire: twice in 1980, saw the re-re-release twice in 1997.

Jedi: saw twice in 1983, saw the re-re-release once in 1997. Still my least favorite of the original three.

When I was younger I preferred Return to Star Wars (Empire has always been numero uno, hands down)......now Return is definitely in third. It's a bit too kid friendly.........still love it though.

bueno bob
10-15-2004, 03:26 AM
From what I've seen of it, yeah, I do :) I haven't had the opportunity to buy it yet, but when funds become available...bet your ass I'll be there with cash in hand :D

I just wish to God Lucas would have never come up with the idea for having Greedo shoot first...I'm actually also going out on a limb here and saying that I like the idea of having Hayden as Anakin's ghost spirit in "Jedi"; I know, I know, but I think it does a lot to add to the continuity of the whole series...there's NO WAY that old fucker in the original scene was an older Anakin based on what Lucas has portrayed to us in Eps 1 and 2, so I'm probably among the minority of thinking it's kind of a cool idea.

Ah well - I'm a sucker! :)

Rikk
10-15-2004, 03:35 AM
I hate the Greedo shoots first bullshit!! Of course, on the new DVD, it's altered again...they practically shoot at the same time. But it's still the stupidest scene. I remember in '97 when I saw the re-re-release, I shouted in the theatre: "What the fuck?" People were laughing at that, but I was pissed as hell. Han shooting Greedo just like that was so heartless and fit his character WAY BETTER!!!

As for Hayden at the end, I didn't like it. Why would the other two be older? I guess because that's how Hayden was before he turned. But it was still cooler to see all three old dudes there.

Bill Lumbergh
10-15-2004, 03:39 AM
I have accepted some of the changes now, but I hate the Hayden thing. That scene used to send a chill up my spine, now I just laugh at how idiotic Hayden looks. The Jabba scene still looks like shit.........Boba's voice change sucks. I also hate all the little dialogue changes that didnt need to happen.

Rikk
10-15-2004, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
I have accepted some of the changes now, but I hate the Hayden thing. That scene used to send a chill up my spine, now I just laugh at how idiotic Hayden looks. The Jabba scene still looks like shit.........Boba's voice change sucks. I also hate all the little dialogue changes that didnt need to happen.

Oh yeah...I hate Boba's new voice. The original voice was awesome.

Man, for a guy with so many brilliant ideas, George Lucas can be such a fucking tool.

bueno bob
10-15-2004, 04:06 AM
See, the problem is, he likes playing with his new toys so much. That, really, and nothing else.

The problem also is, he really hasn't had many great ideas since Star Wars.

Had he developed ANOTHER Sci Fi series of movies to try out all the new technology with rather than fucking up elements of the original trilogy, I'd be a lot happier...

OR, instead of doing the prequel Star Wars movies, maybe he should have just set these in the future...made the characters Han and Leia's Grandchildren or something...now THAT might have been pretty cool :)

Mezro
10-15-2004, 03:53 PM
I hate the Greedo shoots first bullshit!!

George Lucas has had issues from "shooting first" his entire life.

Mezro...that would explain Jar Jar and the giant asteroid slug from Empire...

Mr Badguy
10-15-2004, 05:57 PM
Ok, how many of you who were old enough to see the originals in the theater.
How many times did you see it?

I topped out at 16 times for A New Hope, didn't get as extreme for the other but saw them more than once.

And there wasn't a toy i didn't have, even the cereal box order figures when the word "Merchandising" first began.

I still have some of that stuff, some of it managed to vanish over the years.

I went to see the first two a few times but when "Return..." came out I went loads of times.

My Aunt worked in the cinema and I used to get in for free.

It was during the summer holidays in `83, i was about 10 and I must have seen it about 30 times.

It`s my leat favourite of the original films now, although not as bad as I always think of it.

I watched the DVD the other day and apart from the Ewoks, the Han/Leia lovey dovey shit and the crap celebration music at the end, it was quite good.

I don`t mind the Hayden thing at the end as, like Bueno Bob, I think it adds continuity.

They`ll never top "The Empire strikes back", though.

Roll on next summer!

GAR
10-15-2004, 08:04 PM
All that Star Wars shit was originally created by Marvel Comics Jack Kirby n'shit.

When they told Kirby that George Lucas wanted to visit the Marvel building, he told them, "I'll meet with him if he'll just acknowledge publicly where he got those ideas"

George Lucas=THIEVING CUNTOID

Cathedral
10-15-2004, 08:37 PM
But really, the story goes back farther than that.
I think it was called the bible, lol.

Cathedral
10-15-2004, 08:44 PM
Luke: Father, I can sense that there is still some good in you.

Vader: Well at least you had a fucking father, and you're holding that light saber all wrong. ya gotta hold it like th.....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, my hand, it cut off my hand.

Luke: Mom always said you were a big pussy.

Vader: She said that? Now i'm glad i killed her ass. she was a real whore on Naboo ya know.

Luke: Whats that? No fucking way, you were a '57 Chevy in your previous life?

Vader: Um, er, uh, he he, Hey, i got great mileage, boy.