PDA

View Full Version : What about "Domestic" Issues????

diamond den™
10-14-2004, 04:17 PM
Why is it that nobody really brings up stuff that effects people on a day to day basis on this website......

90% of the posts here are about The War On Terror.

What about Healthcare and Education for instance?????

Those are 2 very important things to be really concerned about, IMO.

:(

diamond den™
10-14-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by diamond den™
Why is it that nobody really brings up stuff that effects people on a day to day basis on this website......

diamond den™
10-14-2004, 04:19 PM
Sorry about that double post there.

BigBadBrian
10-14-2004, 04:21 PM

What about Jobs? Got one? Or are you still mooching? Hmmm? Be a Man...go to work. :gulp:

diamond den™
10-14-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
What about Jobs? Got one? Or are you still mooching? Hmmm? Be a Man...go to work. :gulp:

I've been looking for a job.......There are quite a few possiblites out there.

I had to take a leave of absense from my last job to deal with some personal issues and my company couldn't hold my job for me :(

I am not happy because it was a really good well paying and fun job to do. :(

Big Troubles
10-14-2004, 04:25 PM
LOL I care about those things. I care because I have 2 kids that will for sure need University degrees to work McDonalds if our system keeps faultering.

Canadian federal Gov researchers have found 9.1 Billion in a surplus as apoosed to the 1.9 they thought they had. (yes Americans we do balance our budget nicely and have tons of money left over) Trouble is, that 9.1 Billion will go back into Federal reserve unless provincial leaders start their screaming now. health care, education, defense are all top priorities, and yet our Gov. is slack on the idea of spending. WTF?

diamond den™
10-14-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
LOL I care about those things. I care because I have 2 kids that will for sure need University degrees to work McDonalds if our system keeps faultering.

Canadian federal Gov researchers have found 9.1 Billion in a surplus as apoosed to the 1.9 they thought they had. (yes Americans we do balance our budget nicely and have tons of money left over) Trouble is, that 9.1 Billion will go back into Federal reserve unless provincial leaders start their screaming now. health care, education, defense are all top priorities, and yet our Gov. is slack on the idea of spending. WTF?

Defense isn't a big concern for Canadians. It isn't for any country barring the USA and Israel.

Big Train
10-14-2004, 05:06 PM
Diamond...sheeeeeeshh...they LIKe the wool over their eyes up there in Fantasia...

j/k...sorta...

distortion9
10-14-2004, 05:11 PM
National security is my #1 concern.

Think of a cop patroling your town. i'd prefer a guy with a few years under his belt , that's been around the block a few times as opposed to some rookie with "lot's of ideas" on how to get things done.

Should gays marry?

Personally, I don't give a shit. Morally I don't agree with it but hey...whatever blows your skirt up. I WOULD like to see less gay programming on TV though.

Taxes?

Honestly....what does it matter? What are you looking for, an extra hundred bucks a year to put towards a Disney vacation?

Give me someone that wants to TOTALLY get rid of income tax, tax me on what I spend and you can have my vote.

Jobs?

Got one. If I need a new one I'll open a paper and get one. Fuck, go work for UPS....they always hire, 30 bucks an hour after 2 years ain't too shabby.

Frankly I'm more concerned about someone slamming an airplane into my place of employment.

ODShowtime
10-14-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by distortion9
I WOULD like to see less gay programming on TV though.

AGREED. It's getting worse every day. We should field a candidate for that.

Angel
10-15-2004, 02:17 PM
that 9.1 Billion will go back into Federal reserve

Nope, it doesn't go back into the reserve, it goes to paying down the debt, thus saving the country huge interest $$.

Ally_Kat
10-15-2004, 02:47 PM
\ I WOULD like to see less gay programming on TV though.

outta luck there. I read somewhere recently that GLADD (i think) says they are making progrss but there still isn't equal representation on TV for homosexuals.

Why don't they have their own cable channel? Seriously.

Ally_Kat
10-15-2004, 02:50 PM

forum description --

The Front Line
The ongoing discussion on the War Against Terrorism. The soldiers of the DLR Army strike back. In honor of the victims of September 11, 2001. We will never forget.

Hope that helps.

Speaking of Domestic issues. Haven't seen Suzie online since you got back. Where is she? Did you put her in the cellar again?

Seshmeister
10-16-2004, 07:44 AM

It's happening already...:)

http://www.mcdonalds.com/corp/career/hamburger_university.RowPar.0001.ContentPar.0001.C olumnPar.0003.Image.0.0.gif

Hamburger University is McDonald's worldwide management training center located in Oak Brook, Illinois. Designed exclusively to instruct personnel employed by McDonald's Corporation or employed by McDonald's Independent Franchisees in the various aspects of the business. All training programs begin with one essential ingredient: The Basics of McDonald's Operations.

Founded in 1961, Hamburger University's has come a long way since we opened our first training facility in the basement of a McDonald's restaurant in Elk Grove Village, Illinois. Since that time we've moved Hamburger University twice and watched the size of classes grow from an average size of about 10 to more than 200 per class.

Today, more than 65,000 managers in McDonald's restaurants have graduated from Hamburger University, now located in a 130,000 square foot, state-of-the-art facility on the McDonald's Home Office Campus in Oak Brook, Illinois, with a faculty of 30 resident professors.

Because of McDonald's international scope, translators and electronic equipment enable professors to teach and communicate in 22 languages at one time. McDonald's also manages ten international training centers, including Hamburger Universities in England, Japan, Germany and Australia.

Seshmeister
10-16-2004, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by diamond den�

Are these US domestic issues you are talking about?

Why don't you start a thread about the US getting flooded with unskilled iimigrants and the strain it puts on their health and education services...?:)

BigBadBrian
10-16-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Are these US domestic issues you are talking about?

Why don't you start a thread about the US getting flooded with unskilled iimigrants and the strain it puts on their health and education services...?:)

Weren't you the one whining about the UK being flooded with Arabs months ago? I do believe it was. :gulp:

FORD
10-16-2004, 12:36 PM
National security is my #1 concern.

Think of a cop patroling your town. i'd prefer a guy with a few years under his belt , that's been around the block a few times as opposed to some rookie with "lot's of ideas" on how to get things done.

Then either you voted for Al Gore in 2000, or you're a liar.

Seshmeister
10-16-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Weren't you the one whining about the UK being flooded with Arabs months ago? I do believe it was. :gulp:

Doesn't sound like me...:)

distortion9
10-16-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Then either you voted for Al Gore in 2000, or you're a liar.

Negative.

I was talking about national security and our country post 9/11.

Flash Bastard
10-20-2004, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
outta luck there. I read somewhere recently that GLADD (i think) says they are making progrss but there still isn't equal representation on TV for homosexuals.

Why don't they have their own cable channel? Seriously.

The last time I checked, the Lifetime network had a bunch of man hating programming on 24/7.

Dr. Love
10-20-2004, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
It's happening already...:)

http://www.mcdonalds.com/corp/career/hamburger_university.RowPar.0001.ContentPar.0001.C olumnPar.0003.Image.0.0.gif

Hamburger University is McDonald's worldwide management training center located in Oak Brook, Illinois. Designed exclusively to instruct personnel employed by McDonald's Corporation or employed by McDonald's Independent Franchisees in the various aspects of the business. All training programs begin with one essential ingredient: The Basics of McDonald's Operations.

Founded in 1961, Hamburger University's has come a long way since we opened our first training facility in the basement of a McDonald's restaurant in Elk Grove Village, Illinois. Since that time we've moved Hamburger University twice and watched the size of classes grow from an average size of about 10 to more than 200 per class.

Today, more than 65,000 managers in McDonald's restaurants have graduated from Hamburger University, now located in a 130,000 square foot, state-of-the-art facility on the McDonald's Home Office Campus in Oak Brook, Illinois, with a faculty of 30 resident professors.

Because of McDonald's international scope, translators and electronic equipment enable professors to teach and communicate in 22 languages at one time. McDonald's also manages ten international training centers, including Hamburger Universities in England, Japan, Germany and Australia.

I think I see IrishPunk in the background.

Oh, the ironicy.

Dr. Love
10-20-2004, 12:55 AM
Taxes?

Honestly....what does it matter? What are you looking for, an extra hundred bucks a year to put towards a Disney vacation?

Give me someone that wants to TOTALLY get rid of income tax, tax me on what I spend and you can have my vote.

There was a news article that stated that abolishing and going to a national sales tax would require a sales tax of approximately 50% - 75% to bring in what the current income tax system brings in.

I have no idea if that is an accurate figure, but I'm not keen on everything costing half again as much as it does now.

Having said that, I want my damn taxes as low as I can get them. about 1/4 of my check goes to taxes, and it makes baby Jesus cry (though he'd never admit it in THIS forum.)

Ally_Kat
10-20-2004, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Flash Bastard
The last time I checked, the Lifetime network had a bunch of man hating programming on 24/7.

but those are straight-women doing the man-hating.

Ally_Kat
10-20-2004, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
I think I see IrishPunk in the background.

Oh, the ironicy.

Best. Reference. Ever.

FORD
10-20-2004, 01:12 AM
Negative.

I was talking about national security and our country post 9/11.

Spare me the fucking myth of "everything changed". The only thing that changed is that a rookie, to use your own words, didn't do SHIT about terrorism for the first 9 months of his pResidency, and in fact was criminally negligent (at best) in ignoring intelligence from both our own agencies and that of other nations.

Clinton & Gore tried to enact a number of anti-terrorism measures in 1996. Their efforts were blocked in the Senate by Republicans, most notably Trent Lott and Orrin Hatch. Had those measures been implemented, it's doubtful any terrorists would have made it onto planes that day.

Your rookie fucked up big time. The only question now is whether or not he did so on purpose.

Oh yeah, stay tuned for that one.....

Jesus Christ
10-20-2004, 01:17 AM

Having said that, I want my damn taxes as low as I can get them. about 1/4 of my check goes to taxes, and it makes baby Jesus cry (though he'd never admit it in THIS forum.)

I haven't been a baby for about 2003 years now, and ye must remember when I said "Give unto Caesar what is Caesar's and unto God what is God's"

ELVIS
10-20-2004, 01:20 AM
Give us a legitimate example of the Clinton-algore anti-terrorism measures...

..amd don't make it up...

ELVIS
10-20-2004, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by Jesus Christ
I haven't been a baby for about 2003 years now, and ye must remember when I said "Give unto Caesar what is Caesar's and unto God what is God's"

How much does your buddy FORD tithe ??

Jesus Christ
10-20-2004, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
How much does your buddy FORD tithe ??

Since FORD does not attendeth church regularly, he cannot "passeth the plate", so to speak.

So he must contribute to My work in other ways, which I can assure you that he does :)

ELVIS
10-20-2004, 01:37 AM
Hmmm...

FORD
10-20-2004, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Give us a legitimate example of the Clinton-algore anti-terrorism measures...

..amd don't make it up...

http://cronus.com/images/bush_clinton.jpg

http://www.newsday.com/news/nytwa96-gore910.story

http://www.rememberjohn.com/clintongore.html

diamondD
10-20-2004, 08:41 AM
What's sad is that you really think that's legitimate proof.

Al Gore didn't make people feel secure. That's one of the major reasons he LOST.

Plus I don't really think you want to bring up Clinton dropping the ball on Bin Laden to further your position against Bush.

Dr. Love
10-20-2004, 08:42 AM
You know, I was watching a "CNN Presents" thing on GWB the other day about his Presidency. When it was discussing 9/11, it was showing a lot of clips of other nations showing their support and solidarity with the US.

At that point, I had to stop and think about how most of the world at that time seemed ready to stand with us and seemed to care about us, and then I thought about where we are now with many of those same countries extremely pissed off at us.

I was quite amazed that it happened in only 3 years, too.

Cathedral
10-20-2004, 09:16 AM
I've been looking for a job.......There are quite a few possiblites out there.

I had to take a leave of absense from my last job to deal with some personal issues and my company couldn't hold my job for me :(

I am not happy because it was a really good well paying and fun job to do. :(

Yes there are quite a few possibilities out there, but YOU HAVE TO GET OUT THERE AND FIND THEM CAUSE THEY WON'T COME TO YOU!

You took a leave of absence my ass, who the fuck do you think you're talking to, asshole?

They don't keep people who call off and miss work all the time because they get to drunk to get their ass out of bed in the morning.
Your ass was fired, that is not taking a leave of absence, that's called being let go.

Dennis, it kills me how fucked up your thought process is, Do you need me to knock some sense into your dumb ass?

"Man the fuck up" and do right by your family, that is what you have now, a family.
The days of living care free and irresponsibly ended the day you said "I Do", dipshit.

The only mother fuckers who take months to find a job are those who aren't serious about getting one. and why should "YOU" be serious when you are so accustomed to doing nothing for yourself or anyone.

You can fool people here, but i know whats really going on, and your days are numbered, pal....You can believe that shit.

distortion9
10-20-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Spare me the fucking myth of "everything changed". The only thing that changed is that a rookie, to use your own words, didn't do SHIT about terrorism for the first 9 months of his pResidency, and in fact was criminally negligent (at best) in ignoring intelligence from both our own agencies and that of other nations.

Clinton & Gore tried to enact a number of anti-terrorism measures in 1996. Their efforts were blocked in the Senate by Republicans, most notably Trent Lott and Orrin Hatch. Had those measures been implemented, it's doubtful any terrorists would have made it onto planes that day.

Your rookie fucked up big time. The only question now is whether or not he did so on purpose.

Oh yeah, stay tuned for that one.....

Ford, you're kidding right?! You honestly think everything is the same as it was on 9/10?

And please spare ME of your conspiracy theories.

This is the problem with you....you can't deal with reality and you can't deal with TODAY. According to you, EVERYTHING can be traced back on some timeline to an evil republican.....everything.

Dems...ALWAYS right.

Reps....ALWAYS wrong.

It's fucking stupid, can't you see?

The very, very simple point I made, that YOU ignored, is that Bush has more experience dealing with terrorism post 9/11, than Kerry....period.

This is not my opinion and it can't be argued by you. This is a fact.

Instead of not saying anything, or (...gasp) admitting you're wrong, you choose to argue just to see yourself type.

Does your "way back machine" only land on Republican timelines?

You make many good points that I'm interested in hearing. I'm open minded enough to say that you make some great points on some issues. unfortunately, they are often negated by your lunatic, maniacal rants and conspiracy theories.

Get a grip or seek help.

distortion9
10-20-2004, 02:14 PM
There was a news article that stated that abolishing and going to a national sales tax would require a sales tax of approximately 50% - 75% to bring in what the current income tax system brings in.

I have no idea if that is an accurate figure, but I'm not keen on everything costing half again as much as it does now.

Actually, I think it was somewhere around a 20 to 25% figure.

I'll try to find the article.

Dr. Love
10-20-2004, 07:35 PM
hm. I might be more in favor of that.

diamond den™
10-20-2004, 07:36 PM
I like to ride on Hitch's coat tails, thinking I'm great