PDA

View Full Version : Norv Turner New Head Coach of the Raaaaiiiidaaaaaas

Hecubus
01-27-2004, 11:20 PM
At least Al Davis plucked somebody who has some head coaching experience, but I'm not sure he's the answer unless they can get a hold of Eli Manning.

What's cool is that Turner's a hometown guy from Martinez, CA (about 25-30 miles from Oaktown) and grew up being a Raiders fan. Maybe the pride will inspire him....

Then again...look what it did for little Danny Snyder....

DLR7884
01-27-2004, 11:26 PM
Enjoy Norv, Raider nation.

Hope you all enjoy the mellow post game interviews and press conferences.

DLR7884
A Redskin fan, who's glad Joe Gibbs is back.

rustoffa
01-27-2004, 11:43 PM
Al's always liked an offense oriented coach,first non-rookie coach since bugel...I know Turner had to agree to stipulations that obviously frightened some other candidates.In the end I like the choice,the age of parity was just getting started when Turner coached the skins,we'll see......
http://www.blacksundayy2k.com/cards/nation.jpg

knuckleboner
01-28-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by DLR7884
Enjoy Norv, Raider nation.

Hope you all enjoy the mellow post game interviews and press conferences.

DLR7884
A Redskin fan, who's glad Joe Gibbs is back.

no shit!! you know, we gave norv WAY too long. 6 seasons? yeah, he got us into the playoffs once. but with the $$ spent, it wasn't worth it.

and you know what? at the start of this season, i had FINALLY accepted that the skins weren't a good team. for YEARS i'd bitch at dr. z's sports illustrated predictions. that fucker doesn't know anything: 10-6. each year, of course, the skins suck. so, i finally resign myself to accept that, and we get gibbs. man, i'm ITCHING for 2004 season to start.

POJO_Risin
01-29-2004, 01:32 AM
Alright...

I think Norv Turner was a good choice...yeah...he fucking blew in Washington...

but I think he'll be fine in Oakland for one reason...he'll get along with Davis...

so win or lose...lol...Al's got a new but buddie...;)

POJO_Risin
01-29-2004, 01:33 AM
Christ...go from the annoying nerd next door with Snyder...to the old, crotcety bastard down the street with Davis...

Turner won't get booted in 2 years...he'll commit fucking suicide...

rustoffa
01-29-2004, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
Christ...go from the annoying nerd next door with Snyder...to the old, crotcety bastard down the street with Davis...

Turner won't get booted in 2 years...he'll commit fucking suicide...
hahahaha!:rofl:

BigBadBrian
01-30-2004, 05:08 PM
People keep forgetting Shanahan's first experience as head coach. :gulp:

Va Beach VH Fan
01-31-2004, 09:54 AM
I don't know if Turner's gonna make a difference or not...

Bottom line is that the Raiders are an old, old, old team...

They really need to start recycling some of those guys out....

POJO_Risin
01-31-2004, 04:40 PM
Yeah...Shannahan was fucking hogtied by Davis...and went to an owner that's good to his coaches...

freakin' Turner is going from a punk, bitch who thinks this is Fantasy Football...to a 90 year old...who thinks he's Mike Tyson...

rustoffa
01-31-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
Yeah...Shannahan was fucking hogtied by Davis...and went to an owner that's good to his coaches...

freakin' Turner is going from a punk, bitch who thinks this is Fantasy Football...to a 90 year old...who thinks he's Mike Tyson...
C'mon Poj....you gotta love AL.......
http://www.blacksundayy2k.com/cards/godfather.jpg

POJO_Risin
01-31-2004, 05:10 PM
lmfao...I don't...I really don't...

when things are rolling his way...and he's quiet...he's fine...

but man...when that crotchety bastard gets a bug up his ass...forget about it...

rustoffa
01-31-2004, 06:47 PM
haha,I can live with that......you should like this-
Al Davis died in 1985-hahaha (http://home.flash.net/~bookez/aldavis.htm)