PDA

View Full Version : Any Diabetics out here?

Carmine
10-15-2004, 12:46 PM
I just found out monday that I had diabetes. It sucks! I knew eventually this day would come, my father has it, both my grandmothers had it...

anybody else?

Carmine
10-15-2004, 01:09 PM
and heres a tip, watch out for sugar-free candy. Its like exlax if you eat a good amount at one time! ( huh Figs! lol)

Figs
10-15-2004, 01:10 PM
HA!

Ally_Kat
10-15-2004, 01:21 PM
I have doctors waiting for the day to tell me I'm diabetic. It's on both sides of my family. Mom's dad and Dad's uncle and grandfather.

Carmine
10-15-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
I have doctors waiting for the day to tell me I'm diabetic. It's on both sides of my family. Mom's dad and Dad's uncle and grandfather.

then be careful now. I made the mistake of thinking It wouldnt happen to me,if you watch your sugar intake and carb intake you could avoid it. Me, Im italian. Love pasta, red wine and candy( well I did). LOL!

Ally_Kat
10-15-2004, 01:53 PM
yeah, but the thing is that the doctor keep telling me everything is going to happen to me cuz this happened to this relative and this happened to that relative and meanwhile they keep saying my brother is in the clear. But everything they cleared for my brother for, he's gotten. Meanwhile all the threats they shove down my throat go unfulfilled. I find it funny.

Carmine
10-15-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
yeah, but the thing is that the doctor keep telling me everything is going to happen to me cuz this happened to this relative and this happened to that relative and meanwhile they keep saying my brother is in the clear. But everything they cleared for my brother for, he's gotten. Meanwhile all the threats they shove down my throat go unfulfilled. I find it funny.

I hope you dont get it. But if its in your family, the % is greatly increased.

(checking blood sugar now...147 cool!

GAR
10-15-2004, 08:07 PM
I'd applaud your bravery to acknowledge this defect, but it would shake all the cakecrumbs into the keyboard.

mmmm.. german double choco fudge mmmmmm...

singerman
10-16-2004, 11:25 PM
i ate so much chocolate the other day i started to shake.....not because id had too much sugar....it was because i was desperately trying to open the next bar....mmmm