PDA

View Full Version : Rapper: Blacks 'cheered when 9-11 happened'

lucky wilbury
10-15-2004, 12:59 PM
http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/1014krs14-ON.html

Rapper: Blacks 'cheered when 9-11 happened'

Knight Ridder Newspapers
Oct. 14, 2004 03:08 PM

If Osama bin Laden ever buys a rap album, he'll probably start with a CD by KRS-One.

The hip-hop anarchist has declared his solidarity with al-Qaida by asserting that he and other African-Americans "cheered when 9-11 happened," reports the New York Daily News.

The rapper, real name Kris Parker, defiled the memory of those who died in the terrorist attacks as he spouted off at a recent New Yorker Festival panel discussion.

"I say that proudly," the Boogie Down Productions founder went on, insisting that, before the attack, security guards kept Blacks out of the World Trade Center "because of the way we talk and dress.

"So when the planes hit the building, we were like, 'Mmmm - justice.' "

The atrocity of 9-11 "doesn't affect us the hip-hop community," he said. "9-11 happened to them, not us," he added, explaining that by "them" he meant "the rich ... those who are oppressing us. RCA or BMG, Universal, the radio stations."

Parker also sneered at efforts by other rappers to get young people to vote.

"Voting in a corrupt society adds more corruption," he added. "America has to commit suicide if the world is to be a better place."

Samsonite
10-15-2004, 01:06 PM
Haahahaha His career is over.

Ally_Kat
10-15-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by lucky wilbury

The atrocity of 9-11 "doesn't affect us the hip-hop community," he said. "9-11 happened to them, not us," he added, explaining that by "them" he meant "the rich ... those who are oppressing us. RCA or BMG, Universal, the radio stations."

Last I checked, a lot of artists in the hip-hop community weren't exactly paupers. That and the majority of workers in the WTC were middle class from all over NYC, Jersey, and Conn., not mention people from other countries.

Originally posted by lucky wilbury

"Voting in a corrupt society adds more corruption," he added. "America has to commit suicide if the world is to be a better place."

He doesn't have to stay here or sell his music here if he thinks it's so bad...

Figs
10-15-2004, 01:16 PM
Not that I think this was the consensus, but there was some rap act that scrapped an album cover showing them blowing up the WTC. They had already finished the album before the attack, but was not released.

Good comment about workers in the WTC. I worked there for 3 years or so and there were tons of us who got paid crap. And just about anyone could get into the building back then, so that part is bullshit too.

ELVIS
10-15-2004, 01:16 PM
Who ??

FORD
10-15-2004, 01:19 PM
http://www.biada.org/imatges/wtc2/coup.jpg

This album was actually released before the staged 9-11 operation.

JCOOK
10-15-2004, 01:27 PM
I wonder how many of "them" that died were black...Im' sorry they must have been uncle toms....Gotta go now got a lot of oppressing to do to make my quota.

ODShowtime
10-15-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by JCOOK
Im' sorry they must have been uncle toms....Gotta go now got a lot of oppressing to do to make my quota.

You're a state trooper JCOOK? haha

Man, I saw KRS-ONE live once and he seemed so idealistic and aware and good you know? Very talented. These are some shameful comments though. Screw him.

Ally_Kat
10-15-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Figs

Good comment about workers in the WTC. I worked there for 3 years or so and there were tons of us who got paid crap. And just about anyone could get into the building back then, so that part is bullshit too.

Exactly! The only part where you might be forbidden to go would be up to the offices, or at least after '93. I don't really remember all the security precautions before that cuz I was a lil thing and always with one of hte parentals.

But the mall and lobby -- anyone could go around there. Hell, there were/was trains there. How can you prevent them from going there when they could get thru by/need to get to the train station?

Big Train
10-15-2004, 02:15 PM
This guy is so pathetic. He had some good ideas, but like most wackos, he went off the rails. He believes his own hype about being a "prophet, a poet etc...

It's sad to hear him say that, as he is a rapper you almost want to respect.

I agree his career is over. This pathetic publicity attempt is gonna go off like a gatt to the face...

To bad, so sad.

ELVIS
10-15-2004, 02:16 PM
Who cares...:rolleyes:

Figs
10-15-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
Exactly! The only part where you might be forbidden to go would be up to the offices, or at least after '93. I don't really remember all the security precautions before that cuz I was a lil thing and always with one of hte parentals.

Pre 93 they stopped very few from going up to the offices. Food delivery could get up there or anyone wth a suit; it had nothing to do with color. You couldn't get much farther without a card key after you got off the elevator. After 93 you needed ID to get in the office elevator banks, again nothing to do with color.

Ally_Kat
10-15-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Figs
After 93 you needed ID to get in the office elevator banks, again nothing to do with color.

I remember that. Went to Dad's office randomly to help him on some stuff and during the beginning the one security guy would make me produce two photo ids and then sign the list and I couldn't do that unless my father was there with me and showing his card. After a while, they knew who I was and where I was going, so I only had to flash one and sign the book.

FORD
10-15-2004, 03:21 PM
BTW, the Coup album was later reissued with a more appropriate cover......

scorpioboy33
10-15-2004, 03:29 PM
I remember that. Went to Dad's office randomly to help him on some stuff and during the beginning the one security guy would make me produce two photo ids and then sign the list and I couldn't do that unless my father was there with me and showing his card. After a while, they knew who I was and where I was going, so I only had to flash one and sign the book.

i sure hope he wasn't in the building on 911..he wasn't correct?

ODShowtime
10-15-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by FORD
BTW, the Coup album was later reissued with a more appropriate cover......

woohoo THAT'S gonna piss people off!

Mezro
10-15-2004, 03:35 PM
This is no surprise: blacks cheer for everything.

They cheer when Christian Laettner comes off the bench late in a game

They cheer for birth, death and (the lack of) taxes.

They cheer at Church on Sunday, in the unemployment line on Monday and during DNA testing on Tuesday.

They cheer when they have a day off...wait a minute..every day is a day off.

They whoop, holler and call each other the N word every day of the week.

Mezro...the shout in the movie theater even when the rest of the audience is quiet...shiny, happy people holding hands...

JCOOK
10-15-2004, 03:49 PM
Look lets'not pull punches...the word is ****** or nigga depending on your pronunciation.Being married to black woman I hear this word all the time.They are also afraid of water and dogs.... BA DU CHING!

I'LL BE HERE ALL WEEK FOLKS.

Ally_Kat
10-15-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by scorpioboy33
i sure hope he wasn't in the building on 911..he wasn't correct?

Nawh, he was home, thank God. He's a consultant and things were getting tight for the business, so he was told he that he was being let go a week before it all happened. When that happens, they usually don't mind him picking and choosing what days he'll come in to put the finishing touches on the project and to collect all his stuff as long as it gets done by some set deadline. He had picked the 11th to finish everything so that it would be in early, but that morning he told us that something was telling him not to go and mom said he should wait til Wed, that way the three of us could ride the train together and go shopping afterwards.

Mom didn't go in to work that day because she was working the primary, which ended up being a huge confusing mess. Her co-workers went looking for her after it all happened and their headcount had her missing. In the midst of everything, they had forgotten that she had taken off that day, which is completely understandable because most people in her office call in the morning off instead of telling the day before and because of the current circumstances. They had called here asking if my mother went with my father to the trade center. I told them that they both were home (well, mom was a block away), but the phonelines went down. They counted her as possibly dead until later that day when the phonelines came up for a lil while and my mother called those stuck in the office to find out if everyone was alright and to find out what was going to happen because she dealt with American and United Airlines and she would have to deal with the claims.

ODShowtime
10-15-2004, 04:53 PM
Interesting story Ally. Good fortune shines upon your family.

I still remember looking up at a beautiful blue and white sky that day and thinking about people in NY looking at that same sky. I thought the death toll was going to be ten times higher. Thank God I guess.

scorpioboy33
10-15-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Mezro

They cheer at Church on Sunday, in the unemployment line on Monday and during DNA testing on Tuesday.

Mezro...the shout in the movie theater even when the rest of the audience is quiet...shiny, happy people holding hands...

i totaly trust your kidding

scorpioboy33
10-15-2004, 05:54 PM
im glad for your family kat :)

JCOOK
10-15-2004, 08:08 PM
My wife is black and for some reason she will not shut the fuck up at the movies.... genetic?

BITEYOASS
10-15-2004, 08:46 PM
If KRS-One were shot instead of Biggie and Tupac, the world would be a better place. Just wait until this group starts pissing off Suge Knight, there days will be numbered.

Ally_Kat
10-15-2004, 11:29 PM
KRS-One has hit back at the New York Daily News, after the newspaper ran an article that labeled him a “Hip-Hop Anarchist.”

In yesterday’s (October 14th) popular Rush & Malloy’s daily gossip column, the paper accused the Bronx bred rapper of defiling the memory of people who were killed in the 9/11 attacks on the United States at the New Yorker Festival, where KRS was a panelist.

The article also accused KRS of siding with Al Qaeda, the terror organization that is blamed for orchestrating the deadly attacks.

“Like everyone I was shocked to read that I and other African-Americans actually ‘cheered when 911 happened’ and that I have ‘declared my solidarity with Al Qaeda,’” KRS said in a statement. “When I read my words taken out of context I was shocked and disappointed that the Daily News would go this far to assassinate my character and distort my views.”

KRS called the piece irresponsible journalism and pointed out that the magazine never attempted to follow up or even interview him to clarify his statements.

“I was making an objective point about how many Hiphoppas as well as the oppressed peoples of the world felt that day,” KRS continued. “I am a philosopher and a critical thinker, I speak truth and I urge people to think critically about themselves and their environment. Yes, my words are strong. Yes, my views are controversial. But to call me a terrorist is simply wrong!”

KRS said that he never intended to disrespect the memories of those who lost their lives and said that he was making a statement.

“I was just as saddened as everyone else on 9/11,” he continued. “However, for many of us that were racially profiled and harassed by the World’s Trade Center’s security and the police patrolling that area as well as the thousands of American protesters that spoke out against the World Trade Organization months before in Seattle, Washington there was a sense of justice, a sense of change, a wake up call watching the twin towers fall.”

Read the KRS One’s full rebuttal here: http://www.allhiphop.com/editorial/?ID=218

Cathedral
10-15-2004, 11:53 PM
I hope he packs heat, his rebuttle didn't exactly say much different.

You know, the people that scream and bitch about increased security and being held up when traveling by those measures at airports, are the same people who scream loudest if something actually gets through.

These days you can't please fucking anyone.
We need another 4 years to let our ballsacks drop again.

8 years of Clinton only pussified us in the International forum.

4 More Years!

McCarrens
10-15-2004, 11:54 PM
Fuck KRS-One.

lucky wilbury
10-16-2004, 12:05 AM
is it just me or did this idiot say his words were taken out of context then he says:

" Washington there was a sense of justice, a sense of change, a wake up call watching the twin towers fall.”

thats what the moron said orginally i quote:

"So when the planes hit the building, we were like, 'Mmmm - justice.'"

Mezro
10-16-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by scorpioboy33
i totaly trust your kidding

Come on scorpio, you should know my PI sense of humor by now.

Mezro...blacks even cheer when I post...or maybe not...

Lou
10-16-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by FORD
This album was actually released before the staged 9-11 operation.

"Staged"? What's that supposed to mean? Because if that means that you believe that Bush orchestrated it as you've said many a time, I find that offensive beyond words.

Kristy
10-16-2004, 03:22 PM
“Like everyone I was shocked to read that I and other African-Americans actually ‘cheered when 911 happened’ and that I have ‘declared my solidarity with Al Qaeda,’” KRS said in a statement. “When I read my words taken out of context I was shocked and disappointed that the Daily News would go this far to assassinate my character and distort my views.”

This sounds like a really bad media ploy to sell some shitty albums by a fledgling "rap star" who self-professes as a "prophet and a philosopher." I wonder seriously if he has a degree in philosophy or really ever studied in any courses on critical thinking because if he did, this article would have never been published.

I know for a fact that what happens in todays so-called journalstic world thrives itself upon sensationalism/entertainment as information instead of facts. And in no way am I defending what he said, but KRS-1 (as many rap acts) love to be sensationalized when the opportunity presents itself. I mean, did that journalist really "take him out of context" or was he lucid in his words? I go for the latter as seeing what was printed came from anger over a certain race not being allowed access to a certian building all because of the way they dress. What he fails to recognize is that a LOT of people are denied entry into a LOT of places for how they are dressed; playing the race card simply because you can is downright wrong.

Like I said, I've worked many odd jobs while going to college and one of them was a teller at a bank. Even if they had an account there, they still couldn't get service if they had no shirt on, or shoes reguardless of their race. I have only been to New York City once and in one of the Twin Towers and saw that it had an "image" to upheld. That being people doing business with other people requires a certain amount of class on a world level. Do you seriously think that they (whoever they are) are going to let someone who looks like Kurt Cobain at the height of his heroin abuse dressed like he just fallen off the back of a trash truck into their building? Race would have nothing to do with it.

I could easily play the feminist card for I have been shut out of jobs that I was more then qualified for than a man and even worked for less pay - but (how can I put this..?) I'll be god damned, no matter how sexist or vulgar that guy may be (and I have worked with a few) am I going to cheer if he gets killed in a terrorist attack! The world isn't fair, KRS-1 no matter how critical you think about it with all your fucking mumbo-jumbo "philosophy."

By the way, those people "protesting" in Seattle - you know the ones who smashed-up cars by people who never did anything to them, destroyed public property and small businesses all because they simply had a coffee cup marked 'Starucks' on it really don't give a fuck about a few security guards at the WTC by the looks of it to me. You stupid fucker, you even distort your own distortion; injustice vindicated has little to do with breaking up other people's shit.

If anything, KRS-1 took himself out of context for his own ignorance. He doesn't have a fucking clue as to what "oppression" is! Has he ever seen what it really is? Yeah, I bet he would love to beat the living shit out of a woman if she dares shows her ankle or kill any asshole who speaks up against just how racist, vulgar, violent and counter-productive to society rap music has become. And this fuck tells ME of what "corruption" is!!? Hey, KRS-1, I bet you love the "corruption" of driving a BMW, hanging with "da ho's" and the geenbacks of Uncle Sam to keep you FAT ass above the working class fray, you stupid fuck!

KRS-1 is one misinformed malicious idiot with no sense of purpose. This fucker hasn't a clus as to what "objectivity" is. He is back-pedaling on his own words to save his "career" - such as it is. Again, you are one stupid fuck playing the race card just like Micheal Jackson did with the president of Sony Records when his albums sales went into the toilet. Yeah, just call everyone around you that looked at you wrong or never gave you a brake in life a "racist." But seeing that you are not on Sony Records (probably because they really fucking hate you) you pulled the 9/11 WTC tragedy out of your FAT smelly ass instead because you're just so "critical", so "philosophical", so god damn "controversial."

Fuck you and all you stand for.

Ally_Kat
10-16-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Kristy
[b]

what was printed came from anger over a certain race not being allowed access to a certian building all because of the way they dress. What he fails to recognize is that a LOT of people are denied entry into a LOT of places for how they are dressed; playing the race card simply because you can is downright wrong.

Like I said, I've worked many odd jobs while going to college and one of them was a teller at a bank. Even if they had an account there, they still couldn't get service if they had no shirt on, or shoes reguardless of their race. I have only been to New York City once and in one of the Twin Towers and saw that it had an "image" to upheld. That being people doing business with other people requires a certain amount of class on a world level. Do you seriously think that they (whoever they are) are going to let someone who looks like Kurt Cobain at the height of his heroin abuse dressed like he just fallen off the back of a trash truck into their building? Race would have nothing to do with it.

Trust me when I say that they didn't turn someone away from the lobby, mall, train stations, or observation deck based on how they were dressed. It would it be impossible to enforce. And if they were preventing blacks from going there, Al Sharpton would have openned his mouth and NYC would have never heard the end of it.

ODShowtime
10-16-2004, 07:07 PM
And if they were preventing blacks from going there, Al Sharpton would have opened his mouth and NYC would have never heard the end of it.

Very good point. End of Story as far as I'm concerned.

ashstralia
10-16-2004, 08:16 PM
kristy, your post (above)
was a fucking masterpiece.
well said.

Kristy
10-17-2004, 02:08 AM
oh thank you - but I was just rambling there.

jcook11
10-17-2004, 06:15 AM
There are FUCKED UP PEOPLE in every race Gotta take'm one at a time

Hey that sounds like a "ROTHISM"