PDA

View Full Version : Judas locks constituents out of his office

FORD
01-28-2004, 02:22 AM
http://traprockpeace.org/kerrypressadvisory.html

PRESS ADVISORY

October 11, 2002

Senator Kerry Locks Constituents Out of His Office

A contingent of western Massachusetts veterans and educators have been attempting to visit Senator Kerry's office since Wednesday's announcement that he now supports the war resolution. But repeated attempts on Wednesday and Thursday to get into the senator's Springfield office have yielded a curious response: A locked door and an aid telling them that they are not welcome in the Senator's office. Mike Vito, Senator Kerry's Co-State Director was willing to meet with constituents at length, but not at the office.

The group first encountered Senator Kerry's locked door at 4:15 on Wednesday afternoon, just hours after they heard the Senator's announcement. Previously, Kerry had repeatedly said that he opposed the White House resolution. Aids in his office, confirm that calls from constituents were overwhelmingly opposed to the war. Why then, the sudden change of heart? And why won't the senator even face his constituents to explain himself?

The group spent most of Thursday sitting on the floor outside of the Senator's locked office. Through the glass door emblazoned with the US Senate seal, they could see empty chairs in the Senator's waiting room, while his staff conducted business as usual behind locked doors.

Educators and neighbors from Franklin County will return again to Senator Kerry's office on Friday, 12:30-1:30, bringing statistics on the plight of veterans affected by Gulf War Syndrome, data, pictures and charts about deadly 'depleted' uranium manufactured into ordinance in Concord, MA, as well as the stories and pictures of Iraqi children suffering the effects of bombing and sanctions. As of May, 2002 the Veterans Administration says 159,000 vets are injured or disabled after their participation in the conflict with Iraq.
Senator Kerry's office is located at One Financial Plaza, (Court Square) 1350 Main Street, 12th Floor, Springfield.

For more information contact Eve Brown-Waite at 314-772-0043.

Sunny Miller
Traprock Peace Center
103A Keets Road
Deerfield, MA 01342
413 773-7427

Traprock Peace Center
103A Keets Road, Woolman Hill
Deerfield, MA 01342

Phone: (413) 773-7427; Fax:(413)773-7507; contact by email

ELVIS
01-28-2004, 02:40 AM
Maybe he was busy...

John Ashcroft
01-28-2004, 08:22 AM
Busy winning the Democrat Primary that is...

FORD
01-28-2004, 09:43 AM
The part that pisses me off is that the constituents "were not welcome in his office". That office belongs to the people of Massachussettes and they most certainly should be welcome there. As I said, a former congressbitch once did the same thing to me when I visited her office with a bus load of Young Democrats. We were told by her staff that we had "no right to be there". And I pointed out the fact that this office belongs to the people of the third district while Linda Smith the right wing bitch snuck out the back stairs. She couldn't defend her votes. Just like Judas can't defend his.

Guitar Shark
01-28-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by FORD
As I said, a former congressbitch once did the same thing to me when I visited her office with a bus load of Young Democrats.

The short bus, I assume? ;)

FORD
01-28-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark

Nope. It was a chartered bus. This was during the 1996 campaign season. Though I thought I saw the "short bus" driving out of the alley behind Linda's office after she hit the back stairs. Let's hope that bitch never runs for office again :)

John Ashcroft
01-28-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark

Now that was funny! :D

diamondD
01-28-2004, 11:03 PM
LOL! :D

Flash Bastard
01-28-2004, 11:19 PM
I'd be scared too if I saw a busload of young democrats in tin foil hats entering my office. :D

John Ashcroft
01-29-2004, 07:59 AM
No shit! I can see it now...

"Run Forest, Run!"