PDA

View Full Version : Got to meet Joe Satriani this week!

IMFUCKINPISSED
10-15-2004, 06:09 PM
You know I love the old Van Halen when Ed was the King of Guitar playing, and Dave was the Man leading the band to the top of the world! But after having the chance to sit in the first row,6 ft in front of Joe this last monday for the entire show , and watching him play / It became really clear that Ed and even his best attempt of playing these days is over! And even as bad as I want Dave to rejoin the band I do not think Ed can recover from all his drunkin abuse!!! Joe is the guitarist to beat these days!!! His playing is blindindly fast , and he does'nt miss a note! I had a direct path in front of his dual half stacks for 3 hours of playing , and he was right on the money all night long. After the show I was taken back to a room with about 12 other people to meet joe in person, and I have to tell you this is one of the nicest people you will ever meet! He anwsered all my questions about techinical playing , and just his views on things in general. He was totally down to earth, and out going to sign things for you. He was signing guitars for the other people that brought them and actually playing them , and telling the people about there guitars!!! It was the best show I have been to in my 45 years of concerts. If you get the chance to get the meet , and greet ticket package it's worth every cent people!!! Sham Halen was charging 100 bucks to see there shitty drunken display of what the fuck they even stand for anymore? Hey spend your money on Joe, and see a real guitarist playing! No drunks, No noodling , just a kick ass show!!!

saint
10-16-2004, 07:01 AM
Years and years ago when I was about 16 –17 I visited a friend of mine in a Swedish town called Uppsala. He told me we had to go check out this amazing bass player Jonas Hellborg, my fried had played one of his albums to me earlier and I was not to impressed with bass fret wanking but I came along. It was a small club maybe took about 100 but the place wasn’t full. The band was truly amazing but you could tell the drummer was pissed of as hell, throwing sticks around and at one point stood up and told the sound guy off, I didn’t understand why and neither did the sound guy who was right next to us. After the set the drummer sat beside us in the bar and we started to complement him for the great show than he told us that he had spent the night with this girl who had stolen all of his clothes and that’s why he was so pissed of. My friend and I said that sucks of course, was she that poor or why should she steal your all your things including your underwear. Than he looked at us and said you don’t know who I am do you? No we said we talked for a couple of minutes and he went backstage and never told us who he where, as we left the place my friend took down one of the posters that was up there to promote the gig. Years later when he moved from Uppsala he found the poster in his bookshelf he called me up and said do you remember the gig we went to a couple of years ago, yea I said you know the drummer we talked to was Ginger Baker ex Cream drummer and the guitar player was Joe Satriani.

Va Beach VH Fan
10-16-2004, 04:08 PM
I've always been a Satriani fan...

Not for the technical aspects, as you've described as a guitarist, but just as one guy with his band that just fuckin' jams.... Doesn't mess around that much with singing, but just jams....

Just curious, how much was the meet/greet, and when you were talking to him, what kind of questions did you ask ???