PDA

View Full Version : Sonics' Allen blasts "selfish" Kobe Bryant

ALinChainz
10-15-2004, 07:58 PM
October 15, 2004

SEATTLE, United States (AFP) - Seattle Supersonics star Ray Allen has slammed Kobe Bryant for being "selfish" and predicted the Lakers' team leader might request a trade if Los Angeles can't build a National Basketball Association winner.

"If Kobe doesn't see he needs 2 1/2 good players to be a legitimate playoff contender or win a championship in about a year or two he'll be calling out to (owner) Jerry Buss that 'We need some help in here,' or 'Trade me,' " Allen told the Seattle Post-Intelligencer. "And we'll all be saying, 'I told you so,' when he says that."

Allen is just the latest to lob verbal jabs at Bryant, who has taken a lot heat in the past few weeks from former teammate Shaquille O'Neal and ex-coach Phil Jackson.

"He's going to be very selfish," Allen predicted of Bryant who signed a seven-year, 136 million-dollar deal three months ago.

"And he feels like he needs to show this league and the people in this country that he is better without Shaq. That he can win championships without Shaq. So offensively, he's going to jump out and say, 'I can average 30 points. I can still carry the load on this team.'

"He has the talent, he can do it. But is his attitude going to allow him to take a back seat and let Lamar Odom shine and let Caron Butler have his nights and bring those big guys along with him?"

Seattle guard Allen squared off against Bryant in the exhibition opener for both teams on Tuesday in Anaheim.

Allen, who was drafted the same year as Bryant in 1996, scored 25 points while Bryant finished with 35 points in an 87-80 losing effort.

The Lakers' next game against Seattle is an exhibition contest October 25 in San Diego

ALinChainz
10-15-2004, 08:01 PM
Looking forward to this NBA season more than any in recent memory myself.

Kobe is going to be tested night in and night out.

POJO_Risin
10-15-2004, 08:02 PM
Allen is one to talk...

but he's right...it may not take that long...

POJO_Risin
10-15-2004, 08:04 PM
Well...I'll be honest...I am too...I can't wait until Christmas...

Troy
10-15-2004, 08:13 PM
Wha??? Did I just read that from you Poj??? ;)

POJO_Risin
10-15-2004, 08:18 PM
I'm a bit interested in the Cavs...I like their pickups...no stars...but...perhaps players that can give them depth...and players that can them forget about that piece of shit Boozer...I hope he rots with ass cancer...

and the Shaq Kobe saga oughta be interesting...

ALinChainz
10-15-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
Well...I'll be honest...I am too...I can't wait until Christmas...

Oh me too ...

"Kobe drives the lane ... OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH ... that's GOT to hurt."

Say hello to the "Kobe Rules".

POJO_Risin
10-15-2004, 08:32 PM
Yeah...'cept I wonder how easy it's going to be to shoot foul shots unconscious....with a concussion...lmfao...

Troy
10-15-2004, 09:14 PM
Those refs are going to protect Kobe...

POJO_Risin
10-15-2004, 09:17 PM
We'll see...I think it will all depend on who they are playing...how much whining he does...and how good LA is...

If LA sucks...that faggot won't be getting any calls...

redblkwht
10-16-2004, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
We'll see...I think it will all depend on who they are playing...how much whining he does...and how good LA is...

If LA sucks...that faggot won't be getting any calls...
Kobe the name for a steak in the orient will be just that fresh meat
for the triple team..Jordanesque my ass..
He will be exposed & explioted this year HA!

POJO_Risin
10-16-2004, 09:00 AM
Like I said...we'll see...

it IS possible that he is that damn good...

and HE has a lot to prove...

because the only people that are defending Kobe...are idiot Laker fans that are still snickering behind everyone's back saying, "they don't get it...they are BETTER than they are last year..."

What a joke...

ALinChainz
10-16-2004, 11:25 AM
He will score a lot.

His shooting percentage will suck. He will have decent rebound and assist numbers. But not great or standout IMO.

Not even close to the defender Jordan was. And will he have the control Jordan had when the frustration set in.

Lou
10-16-2004, 02:17 PM
I think the Cavs will absolutely be better than last year. Even though they didn't pick up another star, just growing together as a team has got to help. If Gooden can step up I think they're a playoff team.

Also, I agree with Ray Allen but he really is one to talk. I personally would tell him to walk instead of strapping my team with a big-ass salary. He is a very good player but he's not a star, especially now that he's nearing the wrong side of 30 if he's not already there, and he's been banged up the last couple of years.

conmee
10-16-2004, 05:22 PM
Pojo,

Just because Kobe likes to anally rape hotel help, doesn't make him a faggot... unless the help turned out to be a man... right? lol

Icon.

Warham
10-16-2004, 08:22 PM
Ray Allen sounds like he's jealous, since he's about half the player Bryant is.

POJO_Risin
10-16-2004, 08:27 PM
You're giving Kobe way to much credit...Allen isn't great...but he's certainly more than half the player Kobe is...

just older...

POJO_Risin
10-16-2004, 08:28 PM
We'll never agree on Kobe...lmfao...

ALinChainz
10-16-2004, 08:39 PM
They are going to get killed on the boards in my opinion. That will be a grind for an 82 game season.

POJO_Risin
10-16-2004, 08:42 PM
No way...Vlade will average about 40 a game...and so will Grant...

guwapo_rocker
10-16-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by ALinChainz
Looking forward to this NBA season more than any in recent memory myself.

Kobe is going to be tested night in and night out.

Yeah no Leafs vs. Wings.:mad:

POJO_Risin
10-16-2004, 08:50 PM
Unbelievable that they haven't even talked...

Hockey is done...

Bettman was here and preaching NO CONTRACTION...

Yeah...because the NHL is done...

guwapo_rocker
10-16-2004, 08:53 PM
Bettman's an ass, but so
is Goodenow or whatever
his name is....no hockey for
a year, yeah that's good for
the game. Idiots.

ALinChainz
10-16-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
Yeah no Leafs vs. Wings.:mad:

I hear that bro.

Classic battle of 2 of the Original 6.

Hockey is so in trouble.

guwapo_rocker
10-16-2004, 08:57 PM
Watch out for the Raptors!!!
Vince Carter will sprain a nose
hair in the first game and be done for the year.
Then the guys that actually want to play will get their
chance.

guwapo_rocker
10-16-2004, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by ALinChainz
I hear that bro.

Classic battle of 2 of the Original 6.

Hockey is so in trouble.

It's such a shame that it came to this.
I think both sides are greedy pigs, but the players have to realize that these outragous
contracts equal high ticket prices and
joe fan can't take the family
to a game anymore.

I don't know about where you guys live, but in Toronto, a night at a game for myself my wife and my daughter, in mid range seats
would cost at least $200.00
before you add parking and the $5.00 hot dogs and
$6.00 beers.

jcook11
10-17-2004, 06:28 AM
If Kobe ratted Shaq out then he has been more than selfish.... he broke the code

POJO_Risin
10-17-2004, 07:17 AM
So true cook...so true...

but Kobe works to his own code...

it's funny how the guy thinks he's in his own zip code...like Jordan...without putting up the numbers...

We'll see this year...we'll see...

If I'm right...He'll be exposed...they'll be a low tier playoff team...or not in at all...

If I'm wrong...the Lakers will contend...and if they contend this year...I'll change my tune...

and I'm not to worried about that....

of course...if they contend...I'll give Rudy T all the props in the world...;)

POJO_Risin
10-17-2004, 07:21 AM
You know what's funny about all of this?

Phil Jackson...worked with the biggest fucking ego on the planet in Jordan...and loved it...

Why?

Because Jordan understood that Jackson's offense benefited him...and that the ball had to filter sometimes before it came back to him...

Oh...and Jordan could make his shots...

Kobe didn't get it...period...

and won't with Rudy T either...

can't wait until their war starts...

POJO_Risin
10-17-2004, 07:28 AM
After many years of debating this...

Here's how I feel...

you have to figure out the root of evil in sports...hockey as well...

As employees...HOCKEY PLAYERS SHOULD FIGHT FOR EVERYTHING THAT THEY CAN GET...yeah...I know...we'd like to think that the good of the game would come into play at some point...but you show me any player or players organization who accepted a program that wouldn't get them the most money possible...and I'll show you idiots and people who should be fired...

The players don't set the tone for money...the owners do...

for the ownership to lock players out for asking for to much money...is sort of like...your mom locking you out of dinner for you asking for to much...after she cooks you a buffet every night since you were born...

You don't set expectations...then lock out blaming the players for setting those expectations...

The players responded with a fair deal...stopping short of a salary cap...but...a 5% pay cut across the board...

Show me another league THAT EVER offered up a 5% pay cut...

Warham
10-17-2004, 01:38 PM
I'm a Laker's fan, and I was getting sick of the triangle offense.

I was actually getting sick of Phil Jackson, period.

I'm glad to see the old team washed away.

Anybody that thinks Shaq smells like Johnson's & Johnson's after what's happened is pretty naive.

We'll see what happens.

redblkwht
10-18-2004, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
Watch out for the Raptors!!!
Vince Carter will sprain a nose
hair in the first game and be done for the year.
Then the guys that actually want to play will get their
chance. Betting time guys..
how many games does Grant Hill play this year? LMAO
what a fucking bum he should give half that salary back friggin
piece os shit..im glad detroit won with out his ass.
now that has to kill that goofball.;)

jcook11
10-18-2004, 02:49 AM
If Shaq and Kobe WANTED to there was no limit in sight. MJ wanted to win championships period! Ithink Shaq got wind of Kobe ratting him off over a year ago and thats' why they have been going back and forth.