PDA

View Full Version : Did Junior have a STROKE??

FORD
10-15-2004, 08:45 PM
Texas doc has a stroke over Bush's "drooping mouth"

After watching the third presidential debate Wednesday night, Dr. W. Kendall Tongier, M.D. of Dallas, Texas posted on the Dallas Morning News Web site about his concerns that the President may have had a stroke. The anesthesiologist, who has been in practice for 15 years, wrote: "Having watched the first two debates from start to finish, I was looking forward to listening to a spirited debate between Bush and Kerry. Unfortunately, I barely heard a word that was said. Instead, I found myself staring at and concentrating on the President's drooping mouth.

"As a physician and a professor, I tend to pick up on signs and symptoms of physical problems better than most other people. I am highly concerned with what I saw. The drooping left side of the President's face, his mouth and nasolabial fold (the crease in the face running from the nostril to the side of mouth) may be indicative of a recent stroke, TIA (transient ischemic attack)) or, possibly botox injections. I sincerely hope this was nothing more than botox injections. The other options are truly scary given an upcoming election for President in three weeks." In a phone interview, Dr. Tongier stressed that he's not a neurologist, and no doctor can make a diagnosis from a 90-minute debate. But he did explain why he found Bush's face so distracting Wednesday night: "It struck me across the face to the point where I wasn't really listening to the debate. It looked like the left side of his mouth was downturned. You know how he sneers at times. At first I thought that's what it was, but it didn't change when his face was at rest. It changed when he talked, but you'd expect that. It's the loss of muscle tone there that's really kind of concerning. And it was pretty much persistent throughout the entire debate."

Dr. Tongier isn't the only one wondering if the President's had a stroke. And the fact that President Bush skipped his annual check-up this year, right before the election is only fanning the speculation.

Dr. Tongier, who says that he's a Kerry supporter, but that "my medical opinion is non-partisan," adds that Bush's drooping could well be nothing to be alarmed about: "It certainly could be something as benign as an overzealous botox injection, which causes the paralysis, which is essentially how botox works. A lot of people will get them around the nasolabial fold to decrease those lines. If it's botox, it can be a short-term reaction after an injection. It could last for 24 hours and be gone. But I'd like to see the Bush campaign at least give an explanation."
link (http://www.salon.com/politics/war_room/index.html)

TongueNGroove
10-15-2004, 09:54 PM
You can definately tell when someone has had a stroke, and bush has NOT had a stroke.

FORD
10-15-2004, 10:19 PM
And exactly what are YOUR medical credentials?

Now if Elvis or Sarge would care to give an objective answer....

TongueNGroove
10-15-2004, 10:41 PM
Well I know someone persoanlly that has had a stroke and I have seen many others who have had strokes. The facial muscles on that side of the face quit working. It is not something that you have to strain to try to notice. It is very obvious and sorta gruesome looking. I watched the debate and I never noticed anything at all wrong with Bush so quite obviously he has NOT had a stroke.

ELVIS
10-15-2004, 11:04 PM
I saw what you're talking about, FORD...

His face wasn't drooping, but the area around the right side of his mouth looked a little different than normal to me...

I thought I saw a tiny bit of saliva on the right edge of his mouth...

Very minor strokes can go totally unnoticed, and it may not be until a more serious stroke happens that an MRI indicates several previous silent strokes...

Hmmm...

Cathedral
10-15-2004, 11:12 PM
Yeah, I was wondering if he was gonna wipe it away, lol.

I was like, "Dude has cotton mouth, whats he been smokin?"

ODShowtime
10-16-2004, 01:06 AM
and don't forget his eyes

Seshmeister
10-16-2004, 07:36 AM
So is this a Bartlet situation...?:)

diamondD
10-16-2004, 11:02 AM
Come November, I think FORD will be the more likely stroke candidate. ;)

jcook11
10-17-2004, 07:52 AM
Try having a debate with Herman...he just needed a beer

Warham
10-17-2004, 01:32 PM
Bush was foaming at the mouth waiting to get at Kerry, but the rules of the debate stipulate that Texas ranchers can't hog-tie their opponents to the floor. So, he had to be cordial.

Seshmeister
10-17-2004, 02:46 PM
http://members.tripod.com/~angelsblueheaven/images/vidiot.jpg

FORD
10-17-2004, 02:49 PM
True enough, Sesh. But considering that the Crawford TX newspaper endorsed Kerry, it's not likely that village will get their idiot back in January.

Rumor is that the pig ranch was all for show anyway. He didn't even own it until 1999.

jcook11
10-18-2004, 12:32 AM
The Wanker County Tribune is for Kerry too.