PDA

View Full Version : Halloween is on a sunday

Ally_Kat
10-17-2004, 04:58 PM
So your souls must be saved! (http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1053/1053_01.asp)

:D

Ally_Kat
10-17-2004, 04:58 PM
Grampa wears an eyepatch. Yarr...he must be a pirate.

twonabomber
10-17-2004, 05:02 PM
and Christmas is still on the 25th of December.

in other words, so what? :D

SoCalChelle
10-17-2004, 05:10 PM
Ally, I think you've been hanging out with Katydid too much ;)

Ally_Kat
10-17-2004, 05:12 PM
these pamphlet things always make me chuckle. There's one that says that the KKK and Catholics love each other, even though the KKK used to target Catholics. Dunno if they still do cuz you hear more of the racecard with that.

Gotta love shit like this

Satan
10-17-2004, 05:34 PM
Can I sue Jack Chick for defamation of character?

The implication that I accept the sacrifice of children is especially troubling :mad:

Seshmeister
10-17-2004, 09:31 PM
I'm surprised the church hasn't intgrated halloween into it's rituals more by now.

From the pagans it took the nativity, the date of Christs birth, the central message of the truth and the light, the miracles, baptism, the Eucharist, heaven, hell, prophecy, eternal life, son of god etc etc.

Even his fucking name...

4 other 'messiahs' from around the time of Jesus...

Jesus ben-Ananias
Jesus bar-Abbas
Elymas bar-Jesus
Jesus Justus

Why no ghosts and goblins at halloween?

I think we should be told.

Cheers!

:gulp:

Seshmeister
10-17-2004, 09:34 PM
Just found another good site on this.

Please read...

http://www.medmalexperts.com/POCM/index_FLASH.html

Cheers!

CROWBAR
10-17-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
So your souls must be saved! (http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1053/1053_01.asp)

:D

I'll save your soul alley cat!! :D

Seshmeister
10-17-2004, 10:11 PM
I've seen worse...:)

CROWBAR
10-17-2004, 10:23 PM
Really? :confused:

Ally_Kat
10-17-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
I'm surprised the church hasn't intgrated halloween into it's rituals more by now.

From the pagans it took the nativity, the date of Christs birth, the central message of the truth and the light, the miracles, baptism, the Eucharist, heaven, hell, prophecy, eternal life, son of god etc etc.

Even his fucking name...

4 other 'messiahs' from around the time of Jesus...

Jesus ben-Ananias
Jesus bar-Abbas
Elymas bar-Jesus
Jesus Justus

Why no ghosts and goblins at halloween?

I think we should be told.

Cheers!

Actually, it has been. All Souls Day, Nov. 1st. Halloween with a Christian twist. Haven't really witnessed any other religions except for Catholicism celebrate that. Was always good for a day off from school.

ELVIS
10-17-2004, 11:27 PM
Christians should not celebrate halloween...

Coyote
10-18-2004, 01:21 AM
It's kinda funny. Until a year or so ago, we Finns didn't have Halloween. (Well, sort of, but on Easter. It's a Finn-thing, y'know.)

Now, some jackass-marketing expert decided that we should start celebrating All Hallows Eve as well. Mo' money fo' the stores... :rolleyes:

lucky wilbury
10-18-2004, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS

if it was called free candy day would you approve then?

FORD
10-18-2004, 01:42 AM
HALLOWEEN (Glenn Danzig)
---------
Bonfires burning bright
Pumpkin faces in the night
I remember Halloween

Dead cats hanging from poles
Little dead are out in droves
I remember Halloween

Brown leafed vertigo
Where skeletal life is known
I remember Halloween

This day anything goes
Burning bodies hanging from poles
I remember Halloween

Halloween

Candy apples and razor blades
Little dead are soon in graves
I remember Halloween

This day anything goes
Burning bodies hanging from poles
I remember

Halloween

Ally_Kat
10-18-2004, 01:50 AM

Greg, it's been so commercialized, like St. Valentine's Feast Day, Christmas, and Easter, that it doesn't even have it's "evil" meaning anymore. Kids in power ranger costumes? Please.

Coyote
10-18-2004, 02:03 AM
What? You don't think Power Rangers are evil? :eek: :D

Brainwashing galore... just like Pokemon/Teletubbies.

CROWBAR
10-18-2004, 08:36 PM
What? Nobody's frightened anymore?

Mezro
10-18-2004, 08:57 PM
Happy happy halloween, halloween, halloween, happy happy halloween, Silver Shamrock.

Mezro...and on a Sunday we must rest, dress up like the Devil and go get candy...

rustoffa
10-18-2004, 10:10 PM
I just embrace the good-natured ribbing aspect of the whole thing. You know, egging cars and houses, leaning trash cans full of water against front doors then ringing the bell and hauling ass?

Nowadays I just hide in the bushes (no Jesse Jackson pun intended) and scare kids with this Nikki Sixx wig on after they score FULL FUCKING SIZED CANDY BARS. That's right, give the little people what they want.

FORD
10-18-2004, 11:11 PM
Wouldn't Mick Mars be scarier? That fucker looks like a corpse even without makeup.

Rebel
10-18-2004, 11:52 PM

Christians shouldn't even click on this thread. Damn Crowbar, that was some nasty shit right there.

CROWBAR
10-19-2004, 06:05 PM
It was wasn't it? :D

Katydid
10-19-2004, 10:54 PM
One year my ex Ed put his wolf caller in an old house nextdoor. It sounded like a rabbit caught in a trap...

He strung cords and had it set up and ready. Was a moonlight night, and the street lamps too.

Noticed a big black boy grabbing the little kids sack and running. So he got ready...the kid grabbed the sack of candy and started to run past the old house...he turned on the bullhorn of wolf caller. You could see the whites of the big kids eyes. He ran and dropped his bag of candy..was so funny.

GAR
10-19-2004, 11:07 PM
http://www.chick.com/tractimages54721/1053/1053_20.gif

I wonder if this was how DLR accepted Christ back in the early 70's Jesus Movement...