PDA

View Full Version : To all LimeWire users

LadyTudor2711
10-17-2004, 06:08 PM
Hello there,

I need some technical help, anyone use LimeWire file sharing? I have done everything to connect and still unable to download. Any suggestions. Thanks.

LT :confused:

pete
10-17-2004, 06:10 PM
are you using a router?

do you have a firewall installed?

have recently upgraded your WindowsXP to service pack2?

how do you connect to the internet?

lms2
10-17-2004, 06:27 PM
Well for one you may be downloading the wrong file type: Example if your connection is dial up or cable DON'T TRY and download a file that says t3 it won't download. Or maybe it's your quality .What type of file are you trying to download like images or video?

Satan
10-17-2004, 07:38 PM
Definitely sounds like a Firewall issue. If you're running a software firewall - be it Norton Internet Security, Zone Alarm, or the new built in firewall in XP Service Pack 2, it should be easy enough to allow access for the Lime Wire software. You can even assign one specific port for the program. The software basically walks you through the whole thing, so it's not hard to do.

If you're using a hardware router, it's the same basic procedure except the configuration is done through the web-based interface that goes directly to your router.

LadyTudor2711
10-21-2004, 11:06 AM
Hey Guys,

Thank you for the suggestions. I have tried everything . The firewall, reset the IP address, but I still can not connect to Gnutella. Need to avail myslef of a copy of Adobe Photoshop CS 8.0., my version is 5.0 and basically prehistoric. I need to get a copy of this ASAP.

Cheers,

LT

FORD
10-21-2004, 02:32 PM
First, go to www.bittornado.com and download the latest client.

Then go to www.suprnova.org where you'll find an "evaluation" version of Photoshop 8 (the kind that you may evaluate for as long as you like ;) )

LadyTudor2711
10-21-2004, 08:03 PM
Hey Ford,

Thanks, if this works, I'll be delighted and give you a big kiss.

Cheers,

LT