PDA

View Full Version : Superstitious Voting

Seshmeister
10-18-2004, 05:34 PM
It seems to me that Bush and Kerry both have to give lip service to their religous beliefs or in logical terms superstitions. Neither of them are true christians by their actions. That is not even arguable.

I thought the whole point of the US was a bunch of people from Europe going off and taking over(ableit by killing thousands of innocent natives) a country with the overriding motive that they would live somewhere that you could think and believe what you wanted without persecution.

Unfortunately you've ended up somewhere that unless you pretend to follow a bizarre interpretation of Jesus teachings then you are unelectable.

I say bizarre because I can't see anywhwere in the bible where Jesus says killing for oil is ok.

You cannot follow the christian superstition without being if not communist at least very left wing.

No matter how much spin you put on it Jesus wasn't into Bush's approach. Or even Kerry's.

Cheers!

:gulp:

FORD
10-18-2004, 05:41 PM
Verily, Sesh is correct :)

ELVIS
10-18-2004, 05:41 PM
I never implied that any of the things the President does lines up with scripture...

I really don't know if they do or not...

I do know though, that the majority of real Christians are republicans...

FORD
10-18-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
I never implied that some of the things the President does lines up with scripture...

I really don't know if they do or not...

I do know though, that the majority of real Christians are republicans...

Jimmy Carter?

Dr. Martin Luther King?

Me??

And most importantly....

Jesus?!?

Not Republicans :)

McCarrens
10-18-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Verily, Sesh is correct :)

Watch it Ford, you're not in your "Jesus" handle. everyone will realize you're a schitzo.

ELVIS
10-18-2004, 05:47 PM
Jesus was neither...:rolleyes:

McCarrens
10-18-2004, 05:49 PM
Jimmy Carter?

Dr. Martin Luther King?

Me??

And most importantly....

Jesus?!?

You are falling chapter and verse under the "exemplar theory" of mass communication, where you see a high profile example, i.e., King, Carter, and believe everyone in that particular group, i.e., the libs, think and act the way they do, i.e., like a Christian.

Good job falling in line just like the sheep we know you are. People that can think for themselves don't fall for the exemplar ploy.

McCarrens
10-18-2004, 05:50 PM
Jimmy Carter?

Dr. Martin Luther King?

Me??

And most importantly....

Jesus?!?

Since when was Jesus a lib or a right-winger?

ELVIS
10-18-2004, 06:00 PM
Give a man a fish, you have fed him for today...

Teach a man to fish, and you have fed him for a lifetime...

FORD
10-18-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by McCarrens
Since when was Jesus a lib or a right-winger?

Jesus was neither a Democrat or a Republican, because those parties didn't exist. But as Sesh correctly pointed out, His values, as stated in the Gospels, were VERY left wing.

If Jesus were a registered voter today, He would probably be a Green.

FORD
10-18-2004, 06:06 PM

Case in point of liberal values. A Republican Jesus would have said "If he don't know how to fish, let him starve."

Dr. Love
10-18-2004, 07:24 PM
And if Jesus were a liberal, he'd have said, "If he don't know how to fish, let's set up a government program whereby he will never learn to fish because we will give him all the fish he requires and let him take advantage of our charity."

diamond den™
10-18-2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
It seems to me that Bush and Kerry both have to give lip service to their religous beliefs or in logical terms superstitions. Neither of them are true christians by their actions. That is not even arguable.

I thought the whole point of the US was a bunch of people from Europe going off and taking over(ableit by killing thousands of innocent natives) a country with the overriding motive that they would live somewhere that you could think and believe what you wanted without persecution.

Unfortunately you've ended up somewhere that unless you pretend to follow a bizarre interpretation of Jesus teachings then you are unelectable.

I say bizarre because I can't see anywhwere in the bible where Jesus says killing for oil is ok.

You cannot follow the christian superstition without being if not communist at least very left wing.

No matter how much spin you put on it Jesus wasn't into Bush's approach. Or even Kerry's.

Cheers!

State and Church aren't seperate here unlike England and most of Europe.

WACF
10-18-2004, 09:51 PM
When the leader of a country starts talking about what God tells him...it gets very scary...

BigBadBrian
10-18-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister

Cheers!

Damn Sesh, run out of commas today? :gulp:

BigBadBrian
10-18-2004, 10:12 PM

Give me a fish and I'll eat for today,

Teach me to fish and I'll sit in the boat and drink beer all day long!

:gulp: :D

FORD
10-18-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
And if Jesus were a liberal, he'd have said, "If he don't know how to fish, let's set up a government program whereby he will never learn to fish because we will give him all the fish he requires and let him take advantage of our charity."

Well, He DID feed 5,000 people who showed up at one of His speeches, and didn't charge them a dime.

How much does it cost to get into one of Junior's fundrasing dinners?

diamond den™
10-18-2004, 11:03 PM
Well, He DID feed 5,000 people who showed up at one of His speeches, and didn't charge them a dime.

How much does it cost to get into one of Junior's fundrasing dinners?

You are really on the money, Dude :eek:

ELVIS
10-18-2004, 11:15 PM
Case in point of liberal values. A Republican Jesus would have said "If he don't know how to fish, let him starve."

Yeah right, you idiot...

He would teach him...

ELVIS
10-18-2004, 11:17 PM

Soliciting votes ??

What dinner would that be, BTW ??

FORD
10-18-2004, 11:51 PM
Soliciting votes ??

What dinner would that be, BTW ??

It was that big speaking engagement on up on the hillside where he gave that Sermon that most Republicans have never read.

Or at least act like they have never read.

Big Train
10-19-2004, 03:22 AM
Sesh,

Exactly whose values are you calling into question, America's or the leaders? You start off talking about the leaders, then get into the values of the country, i.e. your typical US bash routine.

America was founded on great ideals and we have done quite well with them over the years. While we do have our black marks, overall the score isn't so bad. It's not like we were part of the Crusades or anything. Or tried to exterminate a whole race of people. Europe seems to have that on lock.

Both men have their private convictions and why can't they? If they didn't tell you about them, doesn't mean they don't have them. Think your leaders don't have convictions, whether or not you are aware of them?