PDA

View Full Version : ElectoralVote.com posts their FINAL prediction

FORD
10-20-2004, 12:52 PM
Predicted Final Results: Kerry 311 Bush 227

This predictive map was made using the following assumptions.

- Voters who already have made a choice will stick to it
- The undecideds will break 2:1 for the challenger (Kerry)
- If Nader is on the ballot, he will get 1%; otherwise 0% (was 2.74% nationally in 2000)
- The minor candidates such as Badnarik, Cobb, etc. will get 1% of the vote (was 1.01% in 2000)

Full details and interactive map are located here (http://www.electoral-vote.com/pred/)

wraytw
10-20-2004, 12:55 PM
It's not their final prediction. It's their prediction based on the results they have at the moment. Watch. The "final prediction" will be different next week.

BigBadBrian
10-20-2004, 01:36 PM
So much for FORD's opinion on polls. :gulp:

FORD
10-20-2004, 01:52 PM
My opinion has nothing to do with this thread.

Jerry Falwell
10-20-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by FORD

Wrong F, your opinion is that this news is "Good for America".
So your opinion has everything to do with this thread.:)

BigBadBrian
10-20-2004, 03:16 PM

Sure it does. You're just too stupid to realize how. :gulp:

Warham
10-20-2004, 03:27 PM
The undecideds are not going to break 2:1 for Kerry. Typically the undecideds go with the incumbant.

Also, alot of Kerry voters will realize that their candidate will turn our defense over to the U.N. if elected; they'll chicken out and pull the handle next to W.'s name, walk out and tell their relatives and friends, 'Yeah, I voted for Kerry!'

FORD
10-20-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Warham
The undecideds are not going to break 2:1 for Kerry. Typically the undecideds go with the incumbant.

That's ludicrous... if they thought the incumbent was doing a good enough job, they wouldn't have been undecided in the first place.

Also, alot of Kerry voters will realize that their candidate will turn our defense over to the U.N. if elected;

That's a lie. He never said that.

they'll chicken out and pull the handle next to W.'s name, walk out and tell their relatives and friends, 'Yeah, I voted for Kerry!'

Far more likely that "closet" votes will be coming from Republicans who can be honest to themselves about what Junior has done to their party - but won't admit in public that they voted him out. ;)

FORD
10-20-2004, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Sure it does. You're just too stupid to realize how. :gulp:

Yeah, I'm stupid :rolleyes:

FORE MORR YEEARS!!

lucky wilbury
10-20-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by wraytw
It's not their final prediction. It's their prediction based on the results they have at the moment. Watch. The "final prediction" will be different next week.

different next week? they have a different "final prediction" every day

Jerry Falwell
10-20-2004, 04:59 PM
Yeah, I'm stupid!

Finally!!!! You are starting to make sense! :D

Cathedral
10-20-2004, 05:01 PM

FORE MORR YEEARS!!

Na, you're not stupid...ignorant maybe, but not stupid.

smaz
10-20-2004, 05:05 PM
Predicted Final Results: Kerry 311 Bush 227

This predictive map was made using the following assumptions.

- Voters who already have made a choice will stick to it
- The undecideds will break 2:1 for the challenger (Kerry)
- If Nader is on the ballot, he will get 1%; otherwise 0% (was 2.74% nationally in 2000)
- The minor candidates such as Badnarik, Cobb, etc. will get 1% of the vote (was 1.01% in 2000)

Full details and interactive map are located here (http://www.electoral-vote.com/pred/)

I know nothing about these elcetions apart from it's between Kerry and Bush. But from that, all I can say is:

I predict George Bush will win. I predict this using the following assumptions:
Anybody who is going to vote, will vote for George Bush.

You can't assume somebody is going to vote for someone. That's just using hoping that people will vote your way to get what you want to happen.

wraytw
10-20-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Na, you're not stupid...ignorant maybe, but not stupid.

He's not ignorant, either. He knows and understands everything that he and everyone else is saying. He would just rather feed the partisan game.

DLR'sCock
10-20-2004, 06:02 PM
My friend found that when polling Independents recently, that 7 out of 10 were voting Kerry.

wraytw
10-20-2004, 06:04 PM
I once new a guy that told outlandish stories, too.

ELVIS
10-20-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by DLR'sCock
My friend found that when polling Independents recently, that 7 out of 10 were voting Kerry.

Meaning that 3 out of 10 liberals are voting for Bush...

diamond den™
10-20-2004, 07:30 PM
Panda-Penis is my favorite

Sgt Schultz
10-21-2004, 10:54 AM
Statistics calculate a Bush win
By Jennifer Harper
THE WASHINGTON TIMES
Published October 20, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bare statistics have it: President Bush will win the election, according to political scientists who based their forecasts on data-driven "vote models."
Six out of seven of these models -- feasible scenarios formulated around scientific and historical data -- predict Mr. Bush will win over John Kerry with an average of almost 54 percent of the popular two-party vote.
"In a nutshell, a president who is not challenged for renomination within his own party gets re-elected, a precedent which has been measured for about a century," said Helmut Norpoth, a political science professor at State University of New York at Stony Brook.
He gave the president 20-to-1 odds that he would defeat Mr. Kerry, based on data from presidential elections since 1912, including voting patterns in primary elections, long-term partisan support and the role of presidential incumbency.
"But even with all the numbers, I also believe Bush has an edge in such things as personality," Mr. Norpoth continued. "I think many Republicans feel warmly towards him, and none felt compelled to offer him a challenge."
Mr. Norpoth presented his findings with eight other political scientists in the October issue of Political Science and Politics, a journal of the American Political Science Association, a District-based academic group with 15,000 members in 80 countries.
Mr. Norpoth was also the early bird, making his pronouncements nine months ago.
"The earlier the forecast, the greater the value," noted Brad Lockerbie, another contributor from the University of Georgia who released his own prediction in May.
He said he believes Mr. Bush will win with almost 58 percent of the vote, after analyzing the power of incumbency and an index of consumer sentiment that tracks voter feelings about their economic future.
Thomas M. Holbrook of the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee predicted the president would garner 55 percent of the vote, again based on economic trends, consumer satisfaction, incumbency and presidential popularity.
Emory University's Alan Abramowitz also forecast a Bush win with 54 percent of the popular vote after gauging whether the nation sensed it was "time for change," Mr. Bush's approval ratings according to Gallup and variations in the gross domestic product this year.
Using combinations of economic indicators, income growth, approval ratings and other polls, Oxford University's Christopher Wlezian and Columbia University's Robert Erikson gave Mr. Bush the victory with just under 52 percent and almost 53 percent of the vote, respectively.
But one combined forecast made in late August by Michael Lewis-Beck of the University of Iowa and Charles Tien of Hunter College predicts a "paper-thin defeat for Bush," predicting the president will get 49.9 percent of the two party-vote and 241 Electoral College votes.
Their conclusions were based on "economic voting and the institutional features of incumbency" along with "a variable that has been hitherto unstudied in the election forecasting world -- jobs."
Ideally, all the predictions should be judged by the accuracy of the voting percentages, according to project director James Cambell of the University of Buffalo, who added, "Still, these benchmarks provide some bearings."

Nickdfresh
10-21-2004, 11:25 AM
The Washington Times is not a fit publication to wipe my ass with. A bunch of partisian hacks pretending to be a newspaper. Much like Fox pretends to be a newschannel. The real story was in last weeks Time magazine which told of the Democrat's vastly superior get-out-the-vote machine. Even if Bush is leading by five percentage points, he could still lose the election:D
Statistics calculate a Bush win

LICK BUSH-VOTE KERRY!LICK BUSH-VOTE KERRY!

FORD
10-21-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Meaning that 3 out of 10 liberals are voting for Bush...

So you think all independents are "Liberals"??

God, don't I wish.... And absolutely ZERO liberals are voting for Bush.

FORD
10-21-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
The Washington Times is not a fit publication to wipe my ass with. A bunch of partisian hacks pretending to be a newspaper. Much like Fox pretends to be a newschannel. The real story was in last weeks Time magazine which told of the Democrat's vastly superior get-out-the-vote machine. Even if Bush is leading by five percentage points, he could still lose the election:D

Actually the Washington Times is worse than partisan hacks, it's a religious cult. Owned and operated by the Moonies.

McCarrens
10-21-2004, 12:38 PM

There you go talking more shit that doesn't make any sense.

McCarrens
10-21-2004, 12:40 PM

FORE MORR YEEARS!!

How does proving you don't know how to spell make you smart?

Sgt Schultz
10-21-2004, 12:40 PM
Actually the Washington Times is worse than partisan hacks, it's a religious cult. Owned and operated by the Moonies.

P R E D I C T A B L E

FORD
10-21-2004, 12:56 PM
It's predictable that I tell the truth about the fascist power machine that thinks they own this country?

Yeah, and why is that a problem?

Sgt Schultz
10-21-2004, 01:16 PM
It's predictable that I tell the truth about the fascist power machine that thinks they own this country?

Yeah, and why is that a problem?

Predictable that you talk about the source, not the story. Every time a story from NewsMax (NewsHax Neocon BCE Shitbags, right?) or the Washington Times (Moonies, right?) or Fox (Faux, right?) i know you'll automatically hurl your epithet about the source and disregard the story.

FORD
10-21-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Sgt Schultz
Predictable that you talk about the source, not the story. Every time a story from NewsMax (NewsHax Neocon BCE Shitbags, right?) or the Washington Times (Moonies, right?) or Fox (Faux, right?) i know you'll automatically hurl your epithet about the source and disregard the story.

That's because those "sources" are nothing but right wing propaganda hate-spin and have no interest in reporting legitimate news.

Warham
10-21-2004, 02:11 PM
FORD,

What do you think about the LA Times and NY Times?

Nickdfresh
10-22-2004, 10:28 AM
Very good publications overall that have made some eggregious mistakes that they al least own up too unlike Rev. Moon's Times and the "Fair-and-Balanced" my ass Faux crew.