PDA

View Full Version : Virtual vote lets non-Americans pick president

SoCalChelle
10-20-2004, 05:46 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20041020/od_uk_nm/oukoe_campaign_britain_website&e=1

Virtual vote lets non-Americans pick president

Wed Oct 20,11:10 AM ET

LONDON (Reuters) - Even non-Americans can cast a vote in the upcoming U.S. presidential election thanks to a website tracking world opinion on the race for the White House.

Reuters Photo

Surfers clicking on www.globalvote2004.org can tick a virtual ballot for President George W. Bush (news - web sites), Democratic challenger John Kerry (news - web sites), or one of five other candidates fighting to win the real vote on November 2.

Voters are asked to register which country they're from, creating a non-official tally of who the rest of the world would choose to lead the planet's most powerful country.

"It's fun and obviously not constitutionally approved, but it is a serious vote because the U.S. has power over all our lives and the election will affect the world," Ben Carey, one of the site's creators, told Reuters on Wednesday.

"The votes are coming in from everywhere, from places like Armenia, Turkmenistan and Venezuela, and if we have a sizable number we'll release the results 48 hours before the real election," he said.

Besides Bush and Kerry, who are neck and neck according to the latest Reuters poll, voters can choose one of the other candidates, including Ralph Nader (news - web sites) of the Reform Party and Michael Peroutka of the Constitution Party.

Carey, a British author, said the London-based website is non-partisan and is not sponsored by any political party.

Cathedral
10-20-2004, 05:56 PM
I hope my name is on the ballot. I'd fix everything just prior to being shot to death for actually giving a damn about the people instead of beurocracy.

But on the other hand, who gives a shit what other nations think. If what we do means so much to them then they should be commiting troops to stamp out terrorism in every nook and cranny we can find.

diamond den™
10-20-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
I hope my name is on the ballot. I'd fix everything just prior to being shot to death for actually giving a damn about the people instead of beurocracy.

But on the other hand, who gives a shit what other nations think. If what we do means so much to them then they should be commiting troops to stamp out terrorism in every nook and cranny we can find.

Most of the Countries in the World don't want their Citizens used for "Target Practice"...........

BTW, 2 of my Uncles were in the Royal Irish Regement and did 10 tours of Duty in Northern Ireland fighting the IRA, UFF and UDR.

:(

Kristy
10-20-2004, 06:16 PM
I just don't understand limeys anymore. Out of all the nations that care to give a fuck about the US Presidential Election, these curry-sucking, tea-sipping pinheads seem to be the most gung-ho about it.

Apart from what they may believe does the US REALLY "affect" them as much as they say it does? Last week, I met a producer from ITV News in limeyland who was all in my face about "who you vote for has a major impact in MY country!" When confronted with his bellicose bullshit, I politely queried the limey what those impacts were. He never did give me a straight answer apart from all the mundane, over-used, cliche US Foreign Policy horseshit and how our presence in Iraq is putting limey citizens in danger.

So, I get it now: limeys like oil, too. But they hate it when they might have to fight for it. True, it doesn't have anything to do with terrorism which is no surprise. Bush keeping us in Iraq never did.

There is no "neutrality" on that site. This is another lame-ass limey propaganda attempt to show the world just how much everyone fucking hates Bush. Oh, boo hoo!

diamond den™
10-20-2004, 07:34 PM
Pandas are lame

JimmytheWurm
11-01-2004, 04:50 PM
Nobody outside of the US has the right to be as upset at our "Democracy (two parties isn't really democratic, but whatever)" as the citizens of this country, The US of A.

Anyone who says our votes affect their country allowing them to voice thier opinions on our democrapy, can shove their teabags up their asses and squeeze out a hot Earl Grey.

Seshmeister
11-01-2004, 08:21 PM
The result...

Bush 9.0%
Kerry 77.1%
Cobb 3.8%
Nader 6.7%
Brown 2.0%
Peroutka 0.3%
Badnarik 1.1%

Big Train
11-01-2004, 08:39 PM
The real result: Nobody fuckin' cares...

Seshmeister
11-01-2004, 09:01 PM
Well they should.

Your election seems to be about foreign policy and security and your current president has lost just about every ally that the US had built up over decades.

Big Train
11-01-2004, 10:26 PM
Sure we have...we have a little thing called Foreign Aid which tends to win us a LOT of European Friends...

tobinentinc
11-01-2004, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Well they should.

Your election seems to be about foreign policy and security and your current president has lost just about every ally that the US had built up over decades.

You do realize that the allies who went to the first gulf war were the same ones that went to this one except 3. Only 3 allies didnt go. I don't think France is a big deal, that country has barely won anything.

Seshmeister
11-02-2004, 12:09 AM
So you think it's the same?

Jeez...

Here's the troop numbers by country last March http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12259

Also your strongest supporter the UK is a one man band on this. The people are not happy which means it won't last.

Cheers!

:gulp:

Nickdfresh
11-02-2004, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by diamond den™
Most of the Countries in the World don't want their Citizens used for "Target Practice"...........

BTW, 2 of my Uncles were in the Royal Irish Regement and did 10 tours of Duty in Northern Ireland fighting the IRA, UFF and UDR.

But mostly the IRA.

Nickdfresh
11-02-2004, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Kristy
I just don't understand limeys anymore. Out of all the nations that care to give a fuck about the US Presidential Election, these curry-sucking, tea-sipping pinheads seem to be the most gung-ho about it.

Apart from what they may believe does the US REALLY "affect" them as much as they say it does? Last week, I met a producer from ITV News in limeyland who was all in my face about "who you vote for has a major impact in MY country!" When confronted with his bellicose bullshit, I politely queried the limey what those impacts were. He never did give me a straight answer apart from all the mundane, over-used, cliche US Foreign Policy horseshit and how our presence in Iraq is putting limey citizens in danger.

So, I get it now: limeys like oil, too. But they hate it when they might have to fight for it. True, it doesn't have anything to do with terrorism which is no surprise. Bush keeping us in Iraq never did.

There is no "neutrality" on that site. This is another lame-ass limey propaganda attempt to show the world just how much everyone fucking hates Bush. Oh, boo hoo!

"Limeys" like oil but they pay three times as much for the equivalent amount of gasoline, so I think they tend to put their money where there mouth is.

By the way, they're right, U.S. policy is bullshit, but because it is putting U.S. citizens in danger. It would make me nauseous to think that 1200 Americans have died for oil while Osama Bin Douchebag still walks free and makes fucking videos. Does that bother you at all?

Seshmeister
11-02-2004, 01:42 AM
The 'funniest' thing about Irish American support for the IRA in the 1980s/90s was that they didn't even notice that they were Marxists.

Communists setting off bombs killing children paid for by East coast US citizens.

Cheers!

Big Train
11-02-2004, 02:28 AM
Nothing funny about it. They tried to put that dickhead Gerry Adams as the keynote speaker at my college graduation (UMASS). The college president, William Bulger (Also former state senate leader), his brother is a notorious irish gang leader Whitey Bulger, who they found was involved in running guns to the IRA. Fuck them all I say.

A number of us got up, with no diploma, flipped him off and walked out. I don't need that shit and he didn't need an "honorary degree". Fuck him. Sesh, should it matter that all politicians involved were Democrats?

Nickdfresh
11-02-2004, 10:54 AM
The 'funniest' thing about Irish American support for the IRA in the 1980s/90s was that they didn't even notice that they were Marxists.

Communists setting off bombs killing children paid for by East coast US citizens.

Cheers!

Actually, The "Official IRA" was the ineffectual Marxist wing (which became the Irish National Liberation Army). The more nationalistic splinter was the "Provisional" IRA (ie Provos). I don't support IRA violence.

-But-

There was also collusion between the security forces and the UDF death squads, substantiated by even those within the Ulster constabulary. And it was the Unionists that started the modern round of terrorist violence by ramdomly abducting Catholics and torturing them to death in the late 60's (IE The Red Hand Commando). Northern Ireland is not as black and white an issue as many in the British Gov't would have us believe. The "Battle of Bogside," initiated by thugs in the Protestant majority and northern Protestant repression is what caused the terrorism.

Seshmeister
11-02-2004, 11:13 AM
I agree but remember the troops were sent in to protect the catholics and were cheered by them through the streets.

It being portrayed as some imperialist subjegation was bullshit. Who the fuck wants to conquer Nothern Ireland? You ever been to Belfast? It was like Beruit without the glamour. What do you do if the majority of people keep voting to stay part of your country?

Actually to be honest, and it saddens me to say this, the reason that the trouble went on for so long and still does to a lesser degree, is too many of them enjoy it.

Cheers!

FORD
11-02-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by diamond den™

The Up Front Faggots (Chedheads) were fighting in Ireland??

fanofdave
11-02-2004, 12:15 PM
ok, so you're sucking hard on the hind teet of
US foreign aid (BIG $$) and you want to pretend
you can vote for our president? gimme this,
gimme that, but don't do this or that?

so lets get this straight, you want someone else
to take care of you and your social shortcomings
with other people's money, but you don't want the
president? sounds like you're on your way to
becoming a democrat.

thepunisher
11-02-2004, 12:25 PM
My plan for the U.S. as president:
Close the damn border.
Pull the press out of Iraq.
Fucking level Iraq, Fallujah, whatever.
Take the oil. Yes, take the oil.
Indict the ACLU for treasonous acts. Same goes for Dan Rather, Michael Moore, Tom Daschle, I could go on.
Deal with the other enemies of this country (N. Korea, France, Germany, Iran).
Cut off the government subsidized leeches from our pocketbooks.
Damn I could keep going all day. Let's just say I things as being way more simple to deal with than the way these guys make it. I'm not a total Bush supporter, all these politicians just care about getting re-elected and keeping the party in power. Just once I'd like to see someone who does what they know is the right thing to do, not what the lobbyists have paid for.

diamond den™
11-02-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by thepunisher
Close the damn border.
Indict the ACLU for treasonous acts. Same goes for Dan Rather, Michael Moore, Tom Daschle, I could go on.
Damn I could keep going all day. Let's just say I things as being way more simple to deal with than the way these guys make it. I'm not a total Bush supporter, all these politicians just care about getting re-elected and keeping the party in power. Just once I'd like to see someone who does what they know is the right thing to do, not what the lobbyists have paid for.

Ain't gonna happen, man......

All you gotta remember is......

http://www.startrekstamp.com/red-alert.gif

:D

Nickdfresh
11-02-2004, 02:50 PM
I agree but remember the troops were sent in to protect the catholics and were cheered by them through the streets.

It being portrayed as some imperialist subjegation was bullshit. Who the fuck wants to conquer Nothern Ireland? You ever been to Belfast? It was like Beruit without the glamour. What do you do if the majority of people keep voting to stay part of your country?

Actually to be honest, and it saddens me to say this, the reason that the trouble went on for so long and still does to a lesser degree, is too many of them enjoy it.

Cheers!

No argument there! Tim Pat Coogan, an Irish journalist who has written extensively on the subject and who has connections to both sides of the terrorist divide even has a name for them: "Securocrats" and "Terrorcrats": mutual antagonists that preserve their jobs and organized criminal holdings by mutually (in collusion) perpetuating conflict.

Seshmeister
11-02-2004, 04:06 PM
Yeah. A lot of the high up IRA guys have $300 000 houses with no visible source of income.

Nickdfresh
11-02-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by FORD

Yup! The Ulster Fuck Faces.

diamond den™
11-02-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by FORD

Ulster Freedom Fighters ;)

Seshmeister
11-02-2004, 04:39 PM
Fighting for the freedom to act like nasty little bigoted cunts.

diamond den™
11-02-2004, 04:48 PM
Fighting for the freedom to act like nasty little bigoted cunts.

Sesh:- Dirty, Black-Orange CUNT!

:mad:

Nickdfresh
11-02-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by thepunisher
Close the damn border.

Somebody should ban escaped Nazi war criminals from this site:confused:

I guess Bush has the retarded Fascist vote locked up.

Seshmeister
11-02-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by diamond den�
Sesh:- Dirty, Black-Orange CUNT!

:mad:

Huh?