PDA

View Full Version : The Who

smaz
10-20-2004, 07:01 PM
Anybody for The Who? We've had The Kinks and The Yardbirds, so why not The Who.

Great band IMO. My friends saw them at the Isle of Wight festival not long ago. Lucky bastards. Favourite song is probably Won't Get Fooled Again. Or Who Are You I think it is. But I have to say, I have only heard their best of kinda songs, not many of the albums.

Your opinions?

tobinentinc
10-20-2004, 11:33 PM
The Who kicks ass period.

Rikk
10-21-2004, 12:53 AM
One of my favorite bands ever. Right up there with VH, actually.

QUADROPHENIA is my favorite WHO album, followed by WHO'S NEXT, then WHO ARE YOU, LIVE AT LEEDS, FACE DANCES, SINGS MY GENERATION...

TOMMY is actually one of my least-favorite. Some great songs, but IMO there's a lot of filler to make it a rock opera.

smaz
10-21-2004, 07:23 PM
Rikk, your favourite bands ever list sounds great :)

I've only heard a handful of The Who's collection, probably about 20-25 songs? But all of them that I've heard are smashing. I saw the Tommy film not long ago, or at least I saw most of it. I fell asleep during it :lol:

flappo
10-24-2004, 08:42 AM
amazing band , along with zep and queen , arguably the gratest ever british rock act , def when moon was in the band

they have loads of stuff on itms

Cato
10-24-2004, 09:22 AM
THE TWO?
oh yes I love them. I don't care if Pete is a pervert. he's a great composer.
Roger....um. seems he's macho too much.

Golden AWe
10-24-2004, 09:55 AM
Daltrey was funny on that comedy-show involving that Sherilyn Fenn, playing a former rocker...

The only bad thing I can think of the band is that Van Hagar covered them...

Rikk
10-24-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by smaz
Rikk, your favourite bands ever list sounds great :)

I've only heard a handful of The Who's collection, probably about 20-25 songs? But all of them that I've heard are smashing. I saw the Tommy film not long ago, or at least I saw most of it. I fell asleep during it :lol:

Thank you, my friend.

Of course, DO NOT judge the band based on the merits of the awful TOMMY movie. Trust me...I'm a gigantic Who fan, and that film is nowhere in my collection.

Don Corleone
10-24-2004, 01:05 PM
I'm a huge fan of The Who (I was a "Mod" a few years back when I was at Uni), and have managed to see them a couple of times in recent years. Personally I love the early stuff like Can't Explain, I Can See for Mile's, My Generation, etc.

Don Corleone
10-24-2004, 01:07 PM
If you like early Who, you should also check out some stuff by The Jam (especially the All Mod Con's Album)

smaz
10-24-2004, 04:32 PM
The Jam............ Recognise the name. I'll give 'em a poke.

loss of fools
10-24-2004, 06:37 PM
the who are amazing i saw them at the isle wight this year and have been a huge fan ever since. i realy love tommy i personaly think its some of there best work. im free is my fav tune.

ThrillsNSpills
10-25-2004, 01:05 PM
To you Who fans if you don't already know---

If you're a fan of the albums they did before Tommy most of them are repackaged on CD with lots of unreleased tracks. Some of which are quite good.
I've got Live at Leeds and Who Sell Out and it was worth it believe me.

diamondsgirl
10-25-2004, 03:00 PM
I was going through my vinyl collection and came across my "Who are You?" picture disc.
Anyone know if its worth anything. ?
I remember when I got it, I thought it was the coolest thing ever. :cool: