PDA

View Full Version : Bin Laden in custody by Christmas

lucky wilbury
01-28-2004, 06:08 PM
http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,8523140%255E401,00.html

Bin Laden in custody by Christmas
From correspondents in Kabul
January 29, 2004

THE US-led coalition in Afghanistan is confident of capturing al-Qaeda terror network chief Osama bin Laden, who has long eluded determined efforts to catch him, by the end of the year, a US military spokesman said today.

The net could be closing in on Osama Bin Laden.

Lieutenant Colonel Bryan Hilferty said the hunt for militant remnants of the ousted Islamic fundamentalist Taliban regime, including its leader Mullah Omar, bin Laden and former Afghan premier and warlord Gulbuddin Hekmatyar, was continuing.

"Osama bin Laden, Mullah Omar and Hekmatyar represent a threat to the world and they need to be destroyed. We believe we will catch them within this year," Hilferty told reporters in Kabul.

US eyes al-Qaeda strike

American soldiers have handed out tracts, written in Pashto and Dari languages, asking people to provide them with information on "arms caches, bin Laden, Taliban and Hezb-i Islami (Hekmatyar's party)" for which they will receive payments of $US2500 ($3200), the resident of Daman district, about 30kms east of Kandahar, said.

Bin Laden and Omar have remained at large despite an international manhunt and multi-million dollar prices on their heads.

FORD
01-28-2004, 06:29 PM
Ah, so "October Surprise 2004" is already in development, huh? :rolleyes:

Dr. Love
01-28-2004, 09:13 PM
yeah, I wouldn't doubt that.

But hey, I wouldn't mind that, either. As long as he's caught, I don't care.

lucky wilbury
01-29-2004, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Ah, so "October Surprise 2004" is already in development, huh? :rolleyes:

well i don't know about a october surprise but if history is to continue well get a big fish this march. we got Zubaydah in mar of 2002 and we got Khalid Shaikh Mohammed in mar of 2003. this march it looks like mullah omars number is up. although you can't count out the end of augest to the first weeks of september. it's also a good time for picking people up. we got Ramzi Binalshibh in sept 2002 and hambali in aug 2003. will it be Ayman al-zawhri this year or will he get nabbed in late july around the time of certain events in boston? oh wait will it be obl then :D ? will Ayman al-zawhri then get picked up in aug or sept to keep the pattern going? of coarse this is all speculation on my part :D

FORD
01-29-2004, 12:28 AM
Do the guys at Langley have this all scheduled on their Outlook calendars?

E mail me a copy. I swear to God I won't turn it over to the press.

The Dean campaign, yes. But not the media :D