PDA

View Full Version : Paul Davis sucks big green donkey dicks

rustoffa
10-23-2004, 12:48 AM
Who is Paul Davis?

http://img18.exs.cx/img18/9997/paul6.jpg
Apparently that's him.

At first glance you'd think it's some blues-rockin' Uriah Heep or Dr. Hook pianist....maybe an Allman Bros. stand in or something. Let me assure you, nothing could be further from the truth.

While the decade was certainly no paragon of musical relevance, alot of it was good.The "it" I'm referring to is obscure hit making stuff, not the heavyweights.

While freaked out motherfuckers like "Hot Chocolate", "Nick Gilder", "Firefall", etc. were coining catchy chart topping shit, this piece of shit was ruining everything.

"I go crazy"....you know, the fucking "when I look in your eyes I go crazy" bullshit. That's the guy.

What in the fuck? Yvonne Elliman probably puked when she heard it. "Disco Sucks"? Maybe it did, but I'd rather hear Gloria Gaynor squawling any day of the week.

In my opinion, this fucker made Carole King crying about howler monkeys skull fucking her seem like the happiest ELO song in existence.

Fuck you Paul Davis....I had no idea who the fuck you were until you ruined my streaming www radio experience, enjoy your seat next to the horn section in hell.

bueno bob
10-23-2004, 03:47 PM
Ouch!

Hate to tell you, dude, but I love Paul Davis. His "Cool Night" and "Greatest Hits" albums still get a pretty big rotation on my discman when I'm looking for something to cool down and relax to...I think his music is really well put together and he's a good writer for the sort of music that he does (easy listening soft rock for those of you who haven't figured it out yet - in addition to "I Go Crazy", he had a couple other hits in the 70s with "Sweet Life" and a few others...).

The good news for you, though, is after he released "Cool Night" in 1980 (his best selling album to date, 2 major hits in the title track and "65 Love Affair"), he hasn't been heard from since, other than a few duets (I believe he did one with Marie Osmond in the mid 80s).

He ran into some trouble when he was accidentally shot in a hunting accident in the late 80s, and he still writes for other people...he avoids the spotlight like the black plague though, which probably explains why he hasn't done an original album in 24 years. I think he lives a pretty quiet existance out in Tennessee somewhere, last I heard.

OK, my secrets out - I enjoy soft rock! Flame on!! :)

rustoffa
10-24-2004, 01:36 AM
Cool night?
Shit, I remember that.

Maybe I was too hard on the guy, anyone that gets shot mistaken for a yak on a hunting trip deserves better.

I just got bent when that song came on after "love is like oxygen". You know, it might have been "Blockbuster" ...anyway some dipshit decided to play the Paul Davis after SWEET and I was flabbergasted.

Who else can we lambast that's worthy?

Leo Sayer?

Panamark
10-24-2004, 08:02 AM
Sweet is a hard act to follow !

Sweet Rocked !

bueno bob
10-24-2004, 01:58 PM
:)

bueno bob
10-24-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
Maybe I was too hard on the guy, anyone that gets shot mistaken for a yak on a hunting trip deserves better.

Shit, considering how damn HAIRY the guy is (and that picture doesn't really do him justice...beards ZZ Topish and the hairs REALLY long), it's no wonder he was mistaken for a yak...either that or it was a bigfoot, one or the other :)

rustoffa
10-24-2004, 09:34 PM
The little woman told me I was full of shit earlier.

I casually mentioned the Paul Davis fucking up the internet radio thing and wished I hadn't.

She went on and fucking on about how he was a breath of fresh air at the time from a songwriting standpoint.

So i'm like, "why don't you blast some Little River Band and take a bath in the shit."

Then she's all like, "You have no idea what your talking about...just fucking on and on about how Barry fucking Manilow wrote songs for fat loners and Paul Davis ' lyrics were smart and still managed popularity"...just point after candlelit sickening point.

Being somewhat argumentive, I decided to fire away with all kinds of "oh, I guess you like every rose has it's thorn too" type shit and got a ton of attitude and the silent treatment to boot for my trouble.

Paul Davis: Wherever you are, you fucking ruined my weekend. Enjoy your granola and firelit cabin....have another glass of sangria or whatever it is you do.....I loathe your human existence in a way you cannot possibly fathom. I hope 45 timber rattlers fall into your cozy mountain hot tub while you're snorkeling with Bernie Taupin.

:mad2: :upyours: :fu: :anger: :wow:

bueno bob
10-24-2004, 11:00 PM
LOL...sorry you had such a bad time Rust...Hell, tell her I dig him...if it's any consolation, my old woman hates him too...but she hates everything I have in my entire CD collection save for my Meat Loaf albums...

Wanna trade for a week? :D

Hecubus
10-30-2004, 01:08 PM
I didn't know the guy had ANY hits....

bueno bob
10-31-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Hecubus
I didn't know the guy had ANY hits....

He had plenty, to varying degrees of success...as a kid listening to the radio, I can recall hearing "Sweet Life", "I Go Crazy", "Cry Just a Little", "Do Right", "'65 Love Affair", "Cool Night", and "All the Way" fairly frequently; and that's just what I remember...there are probably a few others I heard that I don't.

lms2
10-31-2004, 12:24 PM
She's got your eyes, she's got my nose
And I get high just watching her grow
We always dreamed we'd live in a castle
Oh, but we're in the same old shack
Sometimes we get into a hassle
But we always take each other back
This old world seems to be in a hurry
But darlin' we'll just keep on takin' our time

'Cause we're livin' such a sweet life
Oh what a neat life
Sharin' my love with you
We're livin' such a sweet life
Oh what a neat life
Makin' our dreams come true
We're makin' our dreams come true

You are my love, you are my life
And I get high just holding you tight
We always dreamed we'd make a lot of money
I don't mind being poor
'Cause when you make love to me, honey
I couldn't ask for any more
All our friends seem to be in a hurry
But darlin' we'll just keep on takin' our time

'Cause we're livin' such a sweet life
Oh what a neat life
Sharin' my love with you
We're livin' such a sweet life
Oh what a neat life
Makin' our dreams come true
We're makin' our dreams come true

ODShowtime
11-01-2004, 04:04 PM
I feel the same way about Counting Crows and Matchbox Twenty. GARBAGE.