PDA

View Full Version : Thug Pop

TMR
01-29-2004, 01:12 AM
Thug Pop.....Is it my imagination or did John Lowery write such a great guitar piece afther the chorus??

Very emotional guitar solo, best guitar playing on the whole record!

I don't understand why this song was cut from the DLR Band Cd, the only reason I could imagine would be so he had something to release later like he did!!

ELVIS
01-29-2004, 07:53 AM
Better than Vai...:)

knuckleboner
01-29-2004, 12:50 PM
i'm not a huge fan of thug pop. maybe if it was on a disc of rock tunes, like DLRBand, it'd seem a little better.

but as pretty much the lone hard rocker on "diamond dave" i don't think it lives up to my expectations.

Catfish
01-29-2004, 04:44 PM
It could have made DLR Band even better.

Loons The Great
03-30-2006, 06:38 PM
"Thug Pop," is a motherfucker. I cain't believe the tune didn't make the cut on ta DLR Band...should have made,"Counterblast," an instrumental and included ol' "Thug Pop,"...up in there nah nah yez I said-ah...tune reminds me of,"Trampled Underfoot,"...minin' that ol' Zep boogie nah...

DeadOrAlive
04-13-2006, 07:36 PM
Good blues CD, and an excellent song to add to it

binnie
05-13-2006, 03:36 PM
Thug Pop is a killer song,

"When the Revolution comes, there'll be a 2 drink minimum"

Hell yeah

Loons The Great
05-19-2006, 03:58 PM
A lil' thug pop forya one time nah yez yez yeahhh!!!!!! What A CUT!!!!!

Loons The Great
05-19-2006, 04:16 PM
Everybody hum the riff...boombont baddada dadadont...boombont...

binnie
05-19-2006, 04:32 PM
Hell yeah baby!!!!!

WOAHYEAH
05-19-2006, 06:09 PM
Thug pop > Flex.

Love the TP

diamondsgirl
05-20-2006, 12:07 AM
I dig Thug Pop.Why wouldn't a tune like this get any air time on rock stations?

Was it just because it wasn't marketed?

binnie
05-20-2006, 03:17 AM
Probably.

That is a killer cut, right!

Imagine it's Monday mornin' your driving to work and that little number comes on the radio.

The week just got better

"When the revolution comes, they'll be a two drink minimum!"

diamondsgirl
05-20-2006, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by binnie
Imagine it's Monday mornin' your driving to work and that little number comes on the radio.

The week just got better

well said! :cool:

MAX
05-20-2006, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
I dig Thug Pop.Why wouldn't a tune like this get any air time on rock stations?

Was it just because it wasn't marketed?

It's a great tune with clever lyrics. Unfortunately, there aren't stations that play nor are willing to give old artist's new stuff any airplay.

Seshmeister
05-20-2006, 10:49 PM
I'm not convinced.

Sounds like a demo. The thing about the Diamond Dave album is that it's a pretty good covers album but everyone was desperate for original stuff so it got buried.

I was listeneing to it in the car the other day and Thug Pop just doesn't fit, it shouldn't be there. Some people seem to have clung onto it as being the only hard rocck original on the album but it's really not that grate. More importantly it doesnt fit because with the improvements in technology and so forth it sounds totally out of place compared to the rest of it.

Maybe Roth isn't that crazy, def Lepparrd are now doing the exact same thing bringing out a covers album.

Coming back to the album it strikes me again just how good 'Shoo Bop' is. When it moves to the middle 8 it's just shit hot. I'm sure if there was less fashion and stupidity in the music business it could have been a hit. Rays drumming is tremendous on the whole album too.

It's a shame.

Cheers!

:gulp:

DeadOrAlive
05-21-2006, 01:39 AM
Beats me