PDA

View Full Version : Best Guitarist for DAVE?

TMR
01-29-2004, 01:17 AM
Best Guitarist for DAVE?

TMR
01-29-2004, 01:20 AM
Ed's in love with SPAM!!!!!!!

Hoongood
01-29-2004, 07:12 AM
TMR, you know I am still with you on this one!
Bring back EEAS!

flappo
01-29-2004, 07:30 AM
..ever heard of a chap name of edward ?

ELVIS
01-29-2004, 07:52 AM
John Lowery.. He's the only guitarist besides Edward that Dave sounds right with...

DLR7884
01-29-2004, 12:38 PM
VAI.

DLR7884
Best album Dave did solo was with VAI, and it wasn't Skyscraper.

ZahZoo
01-29-2004, 01:41 PM
Depends on what Dave's doing... VH stuff obviously Ed's the choice. Solo stuff & copy tunes... Brian & Toshi are doing just fine.

Down the road though... I think Dave could do a great collaboration w/ Billy, Dusty & Frank that Little Ole Band from Texas, ZZ Top!!

TMR
01-29-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Hoongood
TMR, you know I am still with you on this one!
Bring back EEAS!

Absolutely, The ROCK WORLD would be saved by the best!

Only if they knew the potential of the greatest band ever....

Terry
01-30-2004, 05:26 PM
Eddie V.

All the others are a distant second at best.

TMR
01-30-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Terry
Eddie V.

All the others are a distant second at best.

Sorry dude.....Eddie V===LOSER!

Sarge
01-30-2004, 06:20 PM
I am going to say EVH because... well there is unfinished business there..
Solo
John Lowery..
I loved the DLRBAND
I liked Vai but didn't think he fit with Dave..

Sarge
01-30-2004, 06:21 PM
who voted for Terry Kilgore?

TMR
01-30-2004, 06:23 PM
I have no clue, probably Kilgore voted for himself one time....lol
Sorry Ed doesn't stand a chance!

Polk High
01-30-2004, 08:38 PM
young all the way. he kicks ass.

Polk High
01-30-2004, 08:38 PM
how did kilgore get more votes?

Orgazmo
01-30-2004, 08:40 PM
Dude, where is Jason Becker??!!

Cathedral
01-31-2004, 12:18 AM
Fuck the guitarists, Dave would be better served to do an accoustic solo gig.

Summer is just around the corner!

YankeeRose
01-31-2004, 02:21 AM
Dave's post-VH work is top notch..it is where I got my username after all...I loved Vai in Crossroads before i knew of his connection to Dave...as a matter of fact, of the more than 250 DLR/VH pics I have gathered from the internet, two of the six I printed out to photo today at work were with Vai. Like this one..

YankeeRose
01-31-2004, 02:23 AM
damn, that blonde with the glasses is a foine man...

YankeeRose
01-31-2004, 02:30 AM
ahem...

back to topic...Dave's voice and Eddie-Boy's guitar were created to go together. There is nothing that compliments one as much as the other does.

"I once heard somebody say to the Van Halens..You guys play the music, the Jew sells it! Well your fuckin' right, and now that I'm gone, Van Halen sucks!!"

As much as his actions piss me off, as bad as I wanna bitch-slap him...I gotta go with EVH. Daves sexy-as-hell-gets-me-drippin' voice and that guitar that sounds like oral sex feels...Gotta be EVH.

Eyes of the Night
01-31-2004, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
John Lowery.. He's the only guitarist besides Edward that Dave sounds right with...

I agree ... good point!

:gulp:

Panamark
02-03-2004, 04:08 PM
I dont know why, but I would have liked to see Steve Stevens team up with Dave. While not the virtuoso of some of the other mentioned guitarists here, I think Steve's personality and riff writing might have suited Dave. Might have cracked another Top40 with that combo.

bjaramil
02-03-2004, 04:51 PM
Jason Becker/John Lowery

FORD
02-03-2004, 06:18 PM
I wish Lowery would have stuck around for another couple records and tours, instead of selling out to the Manson cash cow where he doesn't even have to play anything but mindless noise.

Still waiting to hear what Dave's current band can really do in the studio.

Sarge
02-03-2004, 06:27 PM
I don't blame him for selling out. Shit.. it's a business.
But the shaving of the eyebrows and stuff like that.. well...

The DLRARMY Interviewed him last year. I have it here on tape.. I just haven't posted it yet
Sarge

Kirdee
02-03-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
I dont know why, but I would have liked to see Steve Stevens team up with Dave. While not the virtuoso of some of the other mentioned guitarists here, I think Steve's personality and riff writing might have suited Dave. Might have cracked another Top40 with that combo.

I definitely agree. I've heard some of Stevens' stuff and he sometimes even sounds similar to Eddie...

i.e. That awesome five-minute solo in Funkcaution. :D

Terry
02-05-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by TMR
Sorry dude.....Eddie V===LOSER!

As far as Ed's personality and personal habits, from what I've read, I'd have to agree.

In terms of musicianship and complimenting what Dave does on vocals, Roth will never find another foil like Eddie.

Not to say that Vai, Becker, Kilgore and the rest aren't talented. Not at all. Just something about the Roth/Van Halen chemistry that produces music a cut above what either can do when they're apart.

Gmoney
02-05-2004, 07:25 PM
Another vote for Vai...

Roth once played with the best guitarist on the planet, but now he is just a drunken shadow of himself....RIP!!!

dtuna
02-08-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by ZahZoo
...Down the road though... I think Dave could do a great collaboration w/ Billy, Dusty & Frank that Little Ole Band from Texas, ZZ Top!!

Yes! I've said the same thing many times, over at Von's. If not the whole band, then at least with Billy G.

Otherwise, Eddie's the man for Dave, and there is no other.

Figs
07-12-2005, 03:24 PM
You know, that is one of the best posts I have ever read!

Roth on brother!!

who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?

Sarge's Little Helper
07-12-2005, 03:25 PM
You know, that is one of the best posts I have ever read!

Roth on brother!!

who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?

David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million