PDA

View Full Version : Ford Has Made Me See The Light

HELLVIS
10-24-2004, 10:11 PM
I've been wrestling with the thought of who to give my vote for the presidency to for months now.
I was really having a hard time choosing between PEROUTKA of the constitution party, and BADNARIK of the libertarian party. I like a lot of what I see from both.
Several months ago, Ted Nugent told me to vote for Bush. I liked the things that he had to say, but frankly I didn't feel that Bush was the man who fit that scenario. Ted was not able to persuade me. So, there I was, back to the LIBS and the CONS.
I began to lean toward BADNARIK because I feel a libertarian is simply more electable. I realize that a third party will not win this election, so I decided to vote for them on a local level only (for now).
Since a third party will not win this election, a vote for one is actually a vote against one of the two remaining parties ( which duh, is a vote FOR the other ).
Then, while reading some of FORD's posts, and others ( you know who you are ), it suddenly came to me. While many of you joke and jest, there are some people ( FORD...DLR'S...OD ) who just spew hate constantly.
While I may have a rather harsh sense of humour, and am about as subtle as a bulge in a tranny's mini skirt, I sure as hell don't want to be aligned with such a hateful bunch.
So it's official........I will vote for BUSH!!!!

McCarrens
10-24-2004, 10:24 PM
Hellvis, you made the right decision.

FORD
10-24-2004, 10:27 PM
.....says the chicken who just voted for Colonel Sanders. :rolleyes:

McCarrens
10-24-2004, 10:41 PM
Ford, you're getting so crazy even your metaphors don't make sense anymore.

4moreyears
10-24-2004, 10:51 PM
Welcome Aboard Hellvis. Good to have you.

JCOOK
10-24-2004, 11:21 PM
Don't listen to Ford he's BCE

ODShowtime
10-24-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by HELLVIS
While I may have a rather crappy sense of humour, and am always thinking about the bulge in my tranny's mini skirt, I sure as hell don't want to be aligned with such a hateful bunch.
So it's official........I will vote for BUSH!!!!

I hate you Hellvis!:eek:

McCarrens
10-24-2004, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime

Quit crying hippie.

FORD
10-24-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by McCarrens
Ford, you're getting so crazy even your metaphors don't make sense anymore.

OK, if you don't like that one, how about...

Jews voting for Hitler

Blacks voting for the KKK

Richard Simmons voting for Penthouse Pet of the Year.

Whatever analogy you use, it all adds up to the same thing. Wasting a ridiculous vote that goes totally against your own best interest. Nobody who posts at this board will gain anything from another 4 years of the BCE, and the entire country stands to lose a great deal. Not the least of which is Democracy itself.

Lqskdiver
10-24-2004, 11:52 PM
How about voting for a party that doesn't represent hateful views and spews conspiracy theories to fit their views.

HELLVIS'S decision should really lay into you people on the left, that all these accusations and hate speech's are turning off the undecided. It reflects badly on your party that you don't have anything better to offer but promises of better. Yet, you try to convince through means that would show otherwise. And it goes up as far as Kerry and the DNC.

If you really want to show people why they should vote for Kerry, then give them a positive reason and not paint analogies of FASCISM and NAZISM and call others sheep when you cannot convince them otherwise.

4moreyears
10-24-2004, 11:54 PM
If you really want to show people why they should vote for Kerry, then give them a positive reason

They can't think of one. The only thing they know is they hate bush.

McCarrens
10-25-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by FORD
OK, if you don't like that one, how about...

Jews voting for Hitler

Blacks voting for the KKK

Richard Simmons voting for Penthouse Pet of the Year.

Whatever analogy you use, it all adds up to the same thing. Wasting a ridiculous vote that goes totally against your own best interest. Nobody who posts at this board will gain anything from another 4 years of the BCE, and the entire country stands to lose a great deal. Not the least of which is Democracy itself.

Again, how can you back up this accusations?

JCOOK
10-25-2004, 12:39 AM
Ford is a piece of SHIT!

FORD
10-25-2004, 12:50 AM
God damn, I'll be glad when you dumbasses all crawl back in your holes November 3

Lqskdiver
10-25-2004, 12:52 AM

:eek:

I honestly hope you were joking, OD. This display of hate just confirms what Hellvis has been saying. You gotta lighten up...

ELVIS
10-25-2004, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Lqskdiver
How about voting for a party that doesn't represent hateful views and spews conspiracy theories to fit their views.

HELLVIS'S decision should really lay into you people on the left, that all these accusations and hate speech's are turning off the undecided. It reflects badly on your party that you don't have anything better to offer but promises of better. Yet, you try to convince through means that would show otherwise. And it goes up as far as Kerry and the DNC.

If you really want to show people why they should vote for Kerry, then give them a positive reason and not paint analogies of FASCISM and NAZISM and call others sheep when you cannot convince them otherwise.

Amen!

:elvis:

ELVIS
10-25-2004, 01:07 AM
God damn, I'll be glad when you dumbasses all crawl back in your holes November 3

yeah right...

JCOOK
10-25-2004, 01:25 AM
What a racist bigot homophobe.

Big Train
10-25-2004, 03:21 AM
Helvis,

I respect your decision, a wise choice made on solid thought and reason. Because the liberals lost out, you shouldn't be vilified. They had a chance to make their case, you listened to their arguments and came to your own conclusion. Very un-sheeplike.

Even though you will be voting conservatively, which is great, I still disagree about the third party issue. A third party CANNOT be built until people start realizing voting for a third party candidate is anything but a wasted vote. 5% is all it takes to build a better party. Yet, Dems and Repubs both are guilty of convincing the public that they will be wasting their vote considering someone else for the job-which is what it is after all a job interview. The only way to get a better candidate is to allow more to compete. Voting outside the two party system allows for that.

Just a thought, I'll return the soapbox now..

ODShowtime
10-25-2004, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Lqskdiver
:eek:

I honestly hope you were joking, OD. This display of hate just confirms what Hellvis has been saying. You gotta lighten up...

Do you really have to waste everyone's time with posts like that? I was actually starting think there was hope for you. Yes I was kidding just to confirm since we need to lead people like you along with a leash...

HELLVIS
10-25-2004, 06:20 PM

No matter what happens, you won't hear a peep from me ( unlike the GOREites ). That is a promise. But, I feel I must point out the hateful tone of you posts yet again. This constant berating and insulting isn't necessary. Also, though this debate may be over for me, I'll still be here. I came for ROTH not politics. :cool:

HELLVIS
10-25-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Big Train
Helvis,

I respect your decision, a wise choice made on solid thought and reason. Because the liberals lost out, you shouldn't be vilified. They had a chance to make their case, you listened to their arguments and came to your own conclusion. Very un-sheeplike.

Even though you will be voting conservatively, which is great, I still disagree about the third party issue. A third party CANNOT be built until people start realizing voting for a third party candidate is anything but a wasted vote. 5% is all it takes to build a better party. Yet, Dems and Repubs both are guilty of convincing the public that they will be wasting their vote considering someone else for the job-which is what it is after all a job interview. The only way to get a better candidate is to allow more to compete. Voting outside the two party system allows for that.

Just a thought, I'll return the soapbox now..

I'm sorry. I guess I didn't explain my position very clearly. I do not think that a third party vote is a wasted vote. It's just that with the current world climate, and the fact that this presidential race is shaping up to be just as tight as the last, I don't feel comfortable voting for a candidate who clearly cannot win. I do vote third party regularly, however, in local and state elections in order to help pave the way for more viable third party candidates for future national elections.I believe that it is essential to build that foundation so that we may see more winning third party candidates on a national level in the future.:)

HELLVIS
10-25-2004, 08:45 PM

That is so cool how you mis-quote me. You rock!
Please don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

ODShowtime
10-25-2004, 08:47 PM
YES!

HELLVIS
10-25-2004, 09:14 PM
YES!

BTW what happened to the picture in your signature?