PDA

View Full Version : Should Ford Be A Moderator

JCOOK
10-25-2004, 02:52 AM
Should someone this opinionated Mod this site?

Dan
10-25-2004, 03:10 AM
What's your problem with Ford?

scorpioboy33
10-25-2004, 04:09 AM
of course it's good to have both sides represented...plus he's a hell of a guy...........a little bonkers but who isn't

JCOOK
10-25-2004, 07:20 AM
Actually I like the little mental patient, some of his wacko theories are funny. I just love FREE SPEECH no matter if i agreee or not speech should not be limited ever

flappo
10-25-2004, 07:26 AM
ford was around a long time before most of us , and he'll be around when most of us are long gone

say what ya like about him , but at least he's loyal

fanofdave
10-25-2004, 07:44 AM
FORD and I have an ongoing pissing contest
about political views/sides; but that's what it's
all about. He's just taking a stand for his side
and he's passionate about it. Bottom line is:

We gotta agree to disagree.

You need to learn to take off the boxing gloves
after the match and belly up to the bar afterwards
with your opponent.

JCOOK
10-25-2004, 07:50 AM
Agreed but FREE SPEECH is not FREE a lot of people have died so that you and I can say or think what we want.Who decides what is off limits when it comes to speech and or ideas.

Nickdfresh
10-25-2004, 08:09 AM
Absolutely he should be! There are a lot of opinionated people on this sight. Is asking this question or starting this thread an effort to silence opinions of those dissenting from the conservative party line?

Big Troubles
10-25-2004, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by JCOOK

yes. That is exactly what we need. OPINIONS. Without them, this would be www.vhlinks.com and you'd be answering to an ass-licker named Brett. ;)

ODShowtime
10-25-2004, 08:52 AM
Without FORD, I'd be the crazy conspiracy nut around here.

McCarrens
10-25-2004, 09:00 AM
As much as I despise Ford and his views, I do not think he should lose his mod status and his ability to post here at the Army just because he is unpopular. However, if he begins to abuse his mod power, he is gone.

BigBadBrian
10-25-2004, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
Without FORD, I'd be the crazy conspiracy nut around here.

:rolleyes:

SoCalChelle
10-25-2004, 01:48 PM
Actually I like the little mental patient,

Little? LOL :)

Mezro
10-25-2004, 01:50 PM

Yeap.

Mezro...FORD should be a Mod...

Rikk
10-25-2004, 01:52 PM
Agreed but FREE SPEECH is not FREE a lot of people have died so that you and I can say or think what we want.Who decides what is off limits when it comes to speech and or ideas.

No offense, but the whole free speech ain't free line came right out of the country song in the TEAM AMERICA movie.:D

Rikk
10-25-2004, 01:53 PM
FORD is just as opinionated as some of the hardcore Conservatives here too. It's called differing opinions. Suggesting he shouldn't be a mod because more people in here seem to be sympathetic to Conservative views doesn't make any sense.

FORD should definitely be a mod. Frankly, I thought he should have been a mod at the Links. But obviously, that wasn't to be.

Guitar Shark
10-25-2004, 02:02 PM
This is a stupid thread.

If you're going to question FORD's suitability for a mod position, at least raise a legitimate reason for it -- i.e., closing threads that discuss issues he disagrees with, editing posts, etc.

I'm not taking a position here, btw, except to say that this is a stupid thread. :D

Steve Savicki
10-25-2004, 02:38 PM
What would this forum be like if just Elvis and the Doctor were moderating?

FORD
10-25-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki
What would this forum be like if just Elvis and the Doctor were moderating?

Ever been to www.freerepublic.com ? :(

McCarrens
10-25-2004, 02:46 PM
It would be boring.

jhale667
10-25-2004, 04:25 PM
Hell yes, FORD should be a mod.

JCOOK
10-25-2004, 05:37 PM
I guess i should have reworded the whole thing,like i said i like the little mental patient but he seems to close any thread that he can't deal with factually.... I started a thread in jest recruiting voter intimidators,With all the talk of voter intimidation in 2000 and even talk of it before the election this year NOT ONE person has ever been produced who was kept from voting.For some reason Ford decided to shut it down.

Rikk
10-25-2004, 06:43 PM
NOT ONE person has ever been produced who was kept from voting

First off, that is ABSOLUTELY NOT the point.

Second, how would you know that? Do you know all the stories behind every district, voter, bi-law? Plenty of people were kept from voting last time. I'm sure Jeb is doing his best this year too.

HELLVIS
10-25-2004, 08:53 PM
Who? Names?

HELLVIS
10-25-2004, 08:57 PM
Oh shit! I did it again. I digressed from the thread topic. YES FORD SHOULD BE A MOD !!!!!!!
YES!!
YES!
YES.

FORD
10-25-2004, 08:57 PM
You want me to name all 96,000 people??

Ask Cruella Harris.

HELLVIS
10-25-2004, 09:11 PM
No, just one. One credible, verifiable name. That's all.

Warham
10-25-2004, 09:16 PM
FORD has paid the dues to be a mod here.

He makes up for his political shortcomings with his humor.

That's as nice as I'll be until Nov 2nd.

JCOOK
10-25-2004, 09:45 PM
96,000 huh,NAME ONE ?

HELLVIS
10-25-2004, 11:26 PM
holding breath....trying not to laugh....must not laugh....may not stop if I start...

conmee
10-26-2004, 12:55 AM
As a moderator on a DAVID LEE ROTH fansite, not many surpass the credentials FORD brings to the table... the key element to remember is "DAVID LEE ROTH site"... because that's what this place is... first and foremost... he knows more about Classic VH/DLR/music in general than 99% of the folks on this board. He brings a significant amount of knowledge and background to music-related topics and to the man (and his ongoing legacy) who gives us a reason to host a site like this... David Lee Roth.

With regard to the Front Line forum, a conscious decision was made to have FORD and Elvis moderate this arena not only for their well-informed positions (based on their respective biases, penchant for melodrama, and belief in outlandish conspiracies and fairy tales... be it the BCE or the Bible, ;) ), that is what makes this forum interesting and fun, if you don't take it too seriously/personally or get carried away. :)

Politics is serious business, and we have a lot of great, passionate folks here who believe in a multitude of views, left wing, right wing, and chicken wing... as a result, who better than FORD and Elvis, to co-mod a forum like this?

So the bottom line... if FORD or Elvis or D. Love, or any of our mods not fit the profile and have the credentials to be mods here anymore, BCE operatives will dispose of them promptly. lol

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sieg Oil!!!

Icon.

:monkey:

Rikk
10-26-2004, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by conmee
So the bottom line... if FORD or Elvis or D. Love, or any of our mods not fit the profile and have the credentials to be mods here anymore, BCE operatives will dispose of them promptly. lol

Yup. I agree 100%. It's not whether or not you agree with FORD or ELVIS. The idea is that both guys are basically on very different sides of the debate. And that's what makes it interesting.

ELVIS
10-26-2004, 01:04 AM
Haha...:D

JCOOK
10-26-2004, 01:06 AM
It's not that I disagree with Ford though often I do it's his willingness to spout hateful evil shit but when someboody else tries something even in jest he locks it down.

Rikk
10-26-2004, 01:07 AM
It's not that I disagree with Ford though often I do it's his willingness to spout hateful evil shit but when someboody else tries something even in jest he locks it down.

I never really found ELVIS or FORD to be particularly hateful.

Rikk
10-26-2004, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Haha...:D

:confused:

ELVIS
10-26-2004, 01:10 AM
I was laughing at conmee's post...:D

Rikk
10-26-2004, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
I was laughing at conmee's post...:D

LOL...oh, you mean the BCE comment at the end...:D

JCOOK
10-26-2004, 01:17 AM
RIKK: you never found Ford's shit to be evil or hateful?

redblkwht
10-26-2004, 01:22 AM
For an old school to another man, Ford has ALL my respect
with any DLR site on the net...
we all old schoolers had many ways back in the day
EUAS or not, this cat should hold his head high, i can count on 2 hands
on his full fledged fanhood, superfan indeed..if you were around in 1999 on slawterhouse, links, old DLR Army you'd know what i mean.
Ya cant count out the baddass in many ways, backed all us before
this forum was hot with not even 25 posts a day, he was there.
I also dig the guy is a leader, not a follower as many are here
& or the links..thats the coolest thing about our site, many
headcases but believe in 1 thing. Dave, the best there ever was
as a frontman of the best band, unfortunatly they became
decaffienated once again..
NO dude, Ford is the shit period..
in contrary just because you dont agree with me or him or anyone
here sometimes, doesnt mean his fanhood should be doubted.
He earned his stripes long before your 1st 500 posts here there or everwhere. I dont agree with most all the time, but respect anyone
who digs dave as much as i do & that there says alot to me..
but hey, i dont pick fights..i like to laugh alot & enjoy the creativity
of some & insite, fights..
anyway if my vote counts your way off bro..
have a cocktail or beer & enjoy the other threads on this forum..
you should be fighting the good fight..remember why your visiting
here. I do all the time..
I got a stupid assed tattoo to show my colors too..
But i do dig it ;) just cant believe i did it..:cool:

Rikk
10-26-2004, 01:23 AM
RIKK: you never found Ford's shit to be evil or hateful?

No. I think he loves his country. I think ELVIS loves his country too. The difference is that they don't agree on how their governments are doing. The point is that in a free country, you should be able to criticize or dislike your government. That's what freedom really is.

JCOOK, I think you're a cool guy. I got no issues with you. But I don't think FORD is hateful. I think he's opinionated, and a lot of people get angry when they don't share an opinion. But I've seen more people attack FORD personally than vice-versa. I'm not saying who's right. I'm just saying he's been attacked for his opinions.

redblkwht
10-26-2004, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Rikk

JCOOK, I think you're a cool guy. I got no issues with you. But I don't think FORD is hateful. I think he's opinionated, and a lot of people get angry when they don't share an opinion. But I've seen more people attack FORD personally than vice-versa. I'm not saying who's right. I'm just saying he's been attacked for his opinions. Jcook, from what i see, your a cool dude, but this quote
above nails it..to a tee-

JCOOK
10-26-2004, 01:35 AM
Again I like Ford... some of my best questions actually he inspires, I just don't agree with locking down threads so quickly

4moreyears
10-26-2004, 02:24 AM
FORD is a Big Dick. He accused me of sucking Bushed Dick after making my first post here in the forum, just because I support George Bush. This guy is a TOTAL asshole and does not deserve to have any position of authority. It is not a way for him as a moderator to welcome a new member. So for every thread until he apologizes I will call hm what he is a DICK.

JH

redblkwht
10-26-2004, 02:30 AM
no offense dude, but no one on the board is gonna agree
with anyone with 39 posts..carry on soldiers!

4moreyears
10-26-2004, 09:35 AM

no offense dude, but no one on the board is gonna agree with anyone with 39 posts..carry on soldiers!

Sorry, but I have got some people who already have supported me here. This guy is not a moderator but dictator. He acts as if this is his forum, and whether someone has 1 post or 5000 a moderator should set an example and treat people with respect no matter what their opinion. His first comment to me as a new member of this community was uncalled for and not appropriate for a moderator to a new member. But either way is OK. His behavior says more about who he is than anything.

JH

ODShowtime
10-26-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by 4moreyears

He acts as if this is his forum, and whether someone has 1 post or 5000 a moderator should set an example and treat people with respect no matter what their opinion. His first comment to me as a new member of this community was uncalled for and not appropriate for a moderator to a new member.

JH

First off, quit your bitching. Elvis once told me I suck FORD's dick and you don't hear me whining and complaining. Then again I'm not a bush fellating misanthrope like you.

Second, that IS the tone of this forum. It's the freakin' DLR Army, not Martha Stewarts Tea Time Fag Forum!

4moreyears
10-26-2004, 10:01 AM
Second, that IS the tone of this forum. It's the freakin' DLR Army, not Martha Stewarts Tea Time Fag Forum!

Well then Fuck you too.

frets5150
10-26-2004, 10:03 AM
FORD is a Big Dick. He accused me of sucking Bushed Dick after making my first post here in the forum, just because I support George Bush. This guy is a TOTAL asshole and does not deserve to have any position of authority. It is not a way for him as a moderator to welcome a new member. So for every thread until he apologizes I will call hm what he is a DICK.JH

Dude that's the way it is around here. When i came here i got into arguments here you just got to deal with it .People just want to get under your skin here and they are doing a good job of it. I know it can get you pissed but just go with the flow.And yes keep FORD!!!

4moreyears
10-26-2004, 10:10 AM
I got no problem with Arguments. I think the guy is a prick. Trust me he is not under my skin. I just think he is a prick. When someone asks me an opinion of him I will respond with he is a prick.

JH

ODShowtime
10-26-2004, 10:12 AM
Well then Fuck you too.

Now yer gettin' the hang of it...

Flash Bastard
10-26-2004, 10:15 AM
Who's FORD?

frets5150
10-26-2004, 10:24 AM
Listen you don't get it this is the ARMY'S way of welcoming you.The more you complain about it the more they are gonna do it and the more guys are gonna start playin with you.Im just saying if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.That's the way it is around here.

W E L C O M E!!!!! And Smile

LoungeMachine
10-26-2004, 10:40 AM
As a fellow Cascadian I am damn glad Ford is here holding you right wing wack jobs accountable.

Typical of the KKKarl Rove School of Ethics

Don't like your opponent?, or what he says?

Get rid of them.

I'll take a FORD over Asscroft, Elvis, or most other Bushsheep mouthbreathers anyime.

McCarrens
10-26-2004, 11:44 AM
He's not holding us accountable. He's making up stuff to back up his shit theories.

FORD
10-26-2004, 11:57 AM
"4morequeers" is either a Timmy Pabich alias, or he's that other asswipe Psychotic Prick/Aquatic Punk/Otto the Bus Driver.

Nobody else is full of that much unadulterated personal hatred.

ELVIS
10-26-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
First off, quit your bitching. Elvis once told me I suck FORD's dick and you don't hear me whining and complaining. Then again I'm not a bush fellating misanthrope like you.

LMAO!

:elvis:

Ferdinand II
11-20-2005, 09:59 AM
?!

Nickdfresh
11-20-2005, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Ferdinand II
?!

This is a really stupid troll...

MERRYKISSMASS2U
11-20-2005, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
This is a really stupid troll...

that is post-padding 101. or an alias? or both?

Nickdfresh
11-20-2005, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by MERRYKISSMASS2U
that is post-padding 101. or an alias? or both?

It's a rip-off alias/troll of what some think was an ALEX VAN HALEN alias of "Fernando" at the old official VH website forums (long closed), and here as well.

But at least he was occasionally funny...

FORD
11-20-2005, 12:18 PM
And Fernando didn't necropost the most ridiculous threads either.