PDA

View Full Version : "Stolen Honor"

Guitar Shark
10-25-2004, 12:06 PM
For those of you right wingers who haven't seen it yet, here's a link to that brilliant piece of journalism, "Stolen Honor."

Stolen Honor (http://www.buttondepress.com/BostonManifesto/StolenHonor.wmv)

FORD
10-25-2004, 12:15 PM
Matt, why are you helping to spread this lying distorted piece of shit around?

Guitar Shark
10-25-2004, 12:20 PM
Some people might call Fahrenheit 911 a "lying distorted piece of shit," Dave.

It's all a matter of perspective.

Personally, I think SH is crap, but then again what can you expect with those initials? :D

FORD
10-25-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark

Personally, I think SH is crap, but then again what can you expect with those initials? :D

Excellent point, counselor ;)

Nickdfresh
10-25-2004, 01:47 PM
What a load of horseshit. I'm not really sure what Carlton Shitwoods point was; was it that Kerry personally tortured downed U.S. Airman? Former POW John McCain has absolved Kerry's statements and the two are close friends. Was it that he was lying? (all of Kerry's testimony is supported by the historical record and the experience of many other veterans that I have known). SH cannot be compared to F911. Both are propaganda that have weaknesses, but at least F911 was entertaining and had a coherent thesis that was somewhat undercut by its faulty logic. SH is just another boring, retread piece of faulty logic made by a pseudo-journalist who must establish his credibility as an unbiased investigator of the corrupt of any political persuasion in the programs beginning because he knows he will have none at the end. When vet and ex-Marine Sherwood voices moral outrage and hurt at being painted with a brush by Kerry, he comes off sounding like a crybaby, a pansy with an ax to grind.

Interesting how the program leaves out certain recently declassified documents that show the Nixon Administration knew that the war was lost and the Theiu regime (South Vietnam's last "president") was on the verge of collapse. Nixon continued to send GI's to their death simply to insure the South didn't fall before the 1972 elections knowing full well their sacrifice was for his re-election campaign, not for America's interests and not for victory. This sounds a little familiar? Deja-vu?

I am a lover free speech and appreciate this link. But I find Sherwood's pompous and very hypocritical tribute to Americans who died and served in Vietnam to be interesting an appalling. Since he works for Sinclair Broadcasting, a media company that spit on the flag draped coffins of dead American freedom fighters coming home from Iraq by forcing their affliliated stations to not air a Nightline program in which the names of our fallen heroes was read. I guess it is all in the perspective. If Vietnam veterans were betrayed by Kerry, then Sherwood and Sinclair have betrayed those whose names where read that night and stolen their honor. Sinclair has betrayed and spat on the graves of those who have perished in Iraq.

Can we get a link to "Fahrenheit 911" on? Suppose not.