PDA

View Full Version : Guardian(UK) apologizes for Bush assassination comment

BigBadBrian
10-25-2004, 10:19 PM
Is there any doubt this shitrag of a newspaper is a Liberal Lunatics refuge of reality concerning the news?

The apology:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguide/tvradio/story/0,14676,1335307,00.html

The original column:

Dumb show
Charlie Brooker
Saturday October 23, 2004
The Guardian

Heady times. The US election draws ever nearer, and while the rest of the world bangs its head against the floorboards screaming "Please God, not Bush!", the candidates clash head to head in a series of live televised debates. It's a bit like American Idol, but with terrifying global ramifications. You've got to laugh.

Or have you? Have you seen the debates? I urge you to do so. The exemplary BBC News website (www.bbc.co.uk/news) hosts unexpurgated streaming footage of all the recent debates, plus clips from previous encounters, through Reagan and Carter, all the way back to Nixon versus JFK.

Watching Bush v Kerry, two things immediately strike you. First, the opening explanation of the rules makes the whole thing feel like a Radio 4 parlour game. And second, George W Bush is... well, he's... Jesus, where do you start?

The internet's a-buzz with speculation that Bush has been wearing a wire, receiving help from some off-stage lackey. Screen grabs appearing to show a mysterious bulge in the centre of his back are being traded like Top Trumps. Prior to seeing the debate footage, I regarded this with healthy scepticism: the whole "wire" scandal was just wishful thinking on behalf of some amateur Michael Moores, I figured. And then I watched the footage.

Quite frankly, the man's either wired or mad. If it's the former, he should be flung out of office: tarred, feathered and kicked in the nuts. And if it's the latter, his behaviour goes beyond strange, and heads toward terrifying. He looks like he's listening to something we can't hear. He blinks, he mumbles, he lets a sentence trail off, starts a new one, then reverts back to whatever he was saying in the first place. Each time he recalls a statistic (either from memory or the voice in his head), he flashes us a dumb little smile, like a toddler proudly showing off its first bowel movement. Forgive me for employing the language of the playground, but the man's a tool.

So I sit there and I watch this and I start scratching my head, because I'm trying to work out why Bush is afforded any kind of credence or respect whatsoever in his native country. His performance is so transparently bizarre, so feeble and stumbling, it's a miracle he wasn't laughed off the stage. And then I start hunting around the internet, looking to see what the US media made of the whole "wire" debate. And they just let it die. They mentioned it in passing, called it a wacko conspiracy theory and moved on.

Yet whether it turns out to be true or not, right now it's certainly plausible - even if you discount the bulge photos and simply watch the president's ridiculous smirking face. Perhaps he isn't wired. Perhaps he's just gone gaga. If you don't ask the questions, you'll never know the truth.

The silence is all the more troubling since in the past the US news media has had no problem at all covering other wacko conspiracy theories, ones with far less evidence to support them. (For infuriating confirmation of this, watch the second part of the must-see documentary series The Power Of Nightmares (Wed, 9pm, BBC2) and witness the absurd hounding of Bill Clinton over the Whitewater and Vince Foster non-scandals.)

Throughout the debate, John Kerry, for his part, looks and sounds a bit like a haunted tree. But at least he's not a lying, s******ing, drink-driving, selfish, reckless, ignorant, dangerous, backward, drooling, twitching, blinking, mouse-faced little cheat. And besides, in a fight between a tree and a bush, I know who I'd favour.

On November 2, the entire civilised world will be praying, praying Bush loses. And Sod's law dictates he'll probably win, thereby disproving the existence of God once and for all. The world will endure four more years of idiocy, arrogance and unwarranted bloodshed, with no benevolent deity to watch over and save us. John Wilkes Booth, Lee Harvey Oswald, John Hinckley Jr - where are you now that we need you?

JCOOK
10-25-2004, 11:11 PM
Sounds like a post from my friend the gentleman from the republic of Cascadia of course that would never get locked down.

Lqskdiver
10-25-2004, 11:22 PM
Fuck the guardian and their pansy arses!

:fu:

ELVIS
10-25-2004, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
On November 2, the entire civilised world will be praying, praying Bush loses.

Yeah ?? Walk into a southern church of Christ and say that...

The liberals openly display a spirit of anti-christ, and they don't even know it. The devil is extremely smart...

And Sod's law dictates he'll probably win, thereby disproving the existence of God once and for all.

Nothing could be further from the truth! God has his hand in ALL things. God wrote the beginning from the end...

John Wilkes Booth, Lee Harvey Oswald, John Hinckley Jr - where are you now that we need you?

This is the most disgusting, disturbing thing I have ever read...

FORD
10-26-2004, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
This is the most disgusting, disturbing thing I have ever read...

Nah... I think this one tops it...

The liberals openly display a spirit of anti-christ, and they don't even know it.

To even imply that anyone opposing a criminal lying murdering unelected psychopath, is aligned with the anti-christ is BEYOND disturbing.

Actually, if someone DID shoot that piece of crap in the head, and then he survived it, then I guess you would know who the "spirit of the antichrist" was, wouldn't you? Maybe that's what the British dude was getting at?

wraytw
10-26-2004, 12:26 AM
Leave it to FORD to try and rationalize such a comment.

FORD
10-26-2004, 12:29 AM
I wasn't rationalizing shit. But God knows the world would be infinitely better off if Prescott Bush's mother would have had an abortion.

ELVIS
10-26-2004, 12:29 AM
Hahahahaha...

ELVIS
10-26-2004, 12:34 AM
BTW, I didn't mean all liberals, and there certainly are republicans who also display anti-christ behavior...

wraytw
10-26-2004, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
BTW, I didn't mean all liberals, and there certainly are republicans who also display anti-christ behavior...

Only the Log Cabin Republicans. :D

HELLVIS
10-26-2004, 12:40 AM
Odd, I didn't see the words "all democrats".

HELLVIS
10-26-2004, 12:42 AM
Un-elected? Last time I checked he won the election 5 times, 6 if you count Al's concession.:rolleyes:

HELLVIS
10-26-2004, 12:44 AM
No wraytw, you di'int.

JCOOK
10-26-2004, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Nah... I think this one tops it...

To even imply that anyone opposing a criminal lying murdering unelected psychopath, is aligned with the anti-christ is BEYOND disturbing.

Actually, if someone DID shoot that piece of crap in the head, and then he survived it, then I guess you would know who the "spirit of the antichrist" was, wouldn't you? Maybe that's what the British dude was getting at?

Ford the fucking gloves are off as a high level BCE operative its' time to "neutralize" you. Say goodbye to Ford ladies and gents...... Developing.:rolleyes:

ODShowtime
10-26-2004, 10:37 AM
John Wilkes Booth, Lee Harvey Oswald, John Hinckley Jr - where are you now that we need you?

This is unacceptable. This writer should be fired and blacklisted.

Sgt Schultz
10-26-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
This is unacceptable. This writer should be fired and blacklisted.

Actually he's now a hero of leftist hatemongers and will be in perpetuity.

ODShowtime
10-26-2004, 10:46 AM
I don't know about that. Any proof?

Seshmeister
10-26-2004, 11:08 AM
Excellent article!

It's been so long since you had a free media in the US you're now shocked when you see it.

Cheers!

:gulp:

ODShowtime
10-26-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Excellent article!

It's been so long since you had a free media in the US you're now shocked when you see it.

There's plenty of free media here Shesh, it's just drowned out by the retard parade every day.

McCarrens
10-26-2004, 11:32 AM
Fuck the Guardian and fuck this article!

Sgt Schultz
10-26-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Excellent article!

Cheers!

:gulp:

Sheshmeister has generously provided your answer OD.

And Shsesh, you don't know shit about the U.S. media.

ODShowtime
10-26-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by McCarrens
Fuck the Guardian and fuck this article!

Wow, you came in right on cue there.

fanofdave
10-26-2004, 12:02 PM
the real sweetness in all this horseshit is that
in one more week, we'll gain another 4 years
with Bush and we'll have four more years of
watching the dems squirm in agony. so let
them have their "fun", if that's what they call
it. after all, it's all they have since their
platform and party have no substance.

Big Train
10-26-2004, 12:06 PM
This fine example of the UK press just proves they are all opinion and no fact. Bang you heads against the floorboards, maybe it will calm you down.

Sesh is the biggest US basher I have ever seen. Must be zero to do in Scotland, err, the UK.

Sgt Schultz
10-26-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Big Train
This fine example of the UK press just proves they are all opinion and no fact. Bang you heads against the floorboards, maybe it will calm you down.

Sesh is the biggest US basher I have ever seen. Must be zero to do in Scotland, err, the UK.

Europeans lecturing Americans about freedom.........yikes.

Angel
10-26-2004, 02:59 PM

NO FUCKING KIDDING!!!!

Big Train
10-26-2004, 03:05 PM
If they were alive, they'd be hiding in Canada, where a statue would being under construction in their honor, next to the deserter's monument in Dickhead Park..

BigBadBrian
10-26-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Angel
NO FUCKING KIDDING!!!!

Go wipe your husband's chin. :gulp:

Mr Grimsdale
10-26-2004, 03:09 PM
what i want to know is why the hell are you spending time searching the web for guardian stories?

it's only read by arts graduates over here anyway

what's the big deal with the story anyway?
some newspapers say things you agree with, others don't

boris johnson for prime minister!

BigBadBrian
10-26-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Mr Grimsdale
what i want to know is why the hell are you spending time searching the web for guardian stories?

it's only read by arts graduates over here anyway

what's the big deal with the story anyway?
some newspapers say things you agree with, others don't

boris johnson for prime minister!

We are a Fair and Balanced Shit Stirrer! We report the Shit from all areas of the Globe! :D

McCarrens
10-26-2004, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
Wow, you came in right on cue there.

Soem things in life you can depend on. I'm one of them.

singerman
10-26-2004, 06:07 PM
im sorry but the only newspaper in the U.K worth reading is a quality paper called 'The Sun'.....its packed full of facts and always prints a fair and honest view of life.....oh did i mention the bird with her tits out on page3?.....dont get that in the U.S.A do ya!

ODShowtime
10-26-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by singerman
oh did i mention the bird with her tits out on page3?.....dont get that in the U.S.A do ya!

bastard!

singerman
10-26-2004, 06:15 PM
yep....fresh pair of boobies every morning guys....we may have shit weather over here but fuck it..."do you want breasts with your cornflakes sir?" ;-)

ODShowtime
10-26-2004, 06:20 PM
I don't know where the sexually conservative moral values come from over here, but they can naw on my balls. I was born a total perv.

You guys have it good over there. I don't really appreciate it when one of your columnist advocates assasinating our president, but what can you do?

singerman
10-26-2004, 06:27 PM
yeah i know....its a bad article...on behalf of us over here....sorry,.....any chance of someone saying sorry over there for putting Arnie a step closer to the white house?

ODShowtime
10-26-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by singerman
yeah i know....its a bad article...on behalf of us over here....sorry,.....any chance of someone saying sorry over there for putting Arnie a step closer to the white house?

Don't worry, we have a law against foreigners being president. If they change that... head for the hills.

singerman
10-26-2004, 06:37 PM
mmmm.......i reckon they will change the law........please dont think im being rude but over here if an filmstar tried to make it in politics the way Arnie has...he/she would be laughed out the country....what do you guys think about having Arnie in a position of power?....is he seen as a joke?