PDA

View Full Version : I.Q. Expert: Bush Smarter than Kerry

John Ashcroft
10-26-2004, 12:39 PM
Since the early days of his first presidential campaign, Democratic hit men and women have challenged George W. Bush on his alleged poor intellect.

The generalization was that sure, Bush might be a folksy, down-home, warm guy but come on – when it comes to brains, he got left behind.

In fact, a phony claim from the non-existent "Lovenstein Institute" which circulated on the Internet in 2001 and was eventually included in leftist Gary Trudeau's "Doonesbury" comic strip pegged the president's I.Q. at 91, the lowest of any modern-day president.

Never mind that the young George W. Bush mastered both Yale and fighter planes, and managed to succeed in a number of business ventures, which included the successful purchase and sale of Major League Baseball's Texas Rangers.

Now, Bush bashers should get ready to wince, moan and groan: The New York Times reports Bush is not only a brainy guy, but may actually be smarter than the other Yale-educated presidential candidate John Kerry.

The Times quoted Steve Sailer, a columnist for immigration reform Web magazine Vdare.com, who is also adept at estimating a person's I.Q., and has done so for many presidents in the past.

In the 2000 presidential race, Sailer estimated Democrat Al Gore's I.Q. to be 10 points higher than Bush's score, which figured to be around the mid-120s.

Reports the Times: "Mr. Bush's score on the Air Force Officer Qualifying Test at age 22 again suggests that his I.Q was the mid-120's, putting Mr. Bush in about the 95th percentile of the population, according to Mr. Sailer. Mr. Kerry's I.Q. was about 120, in the 91st percentile, according to Mr. Sailer's extrapolation of his score at age 22 on the Navy Officer Qualification Test."

Sailer's analysis was called credible by Linda Gottfredson, an I.Q. expert at the University of Delaware. She told the Times she wasn't surprised at the results or that so many people had assumed that Mr. Kerry was smarter.

"People will often be misled into thinking someone is brighter if he says something complicated they can't understand," she said.

We won't hold our breath waiting for the president's detractors to apologize.

Link: here (http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/10/26/82947.shtml)

FORD
10-26-2004, 12:43 PM
Bullshit.

Big Train
10-26-2004, 12:52 PM
Do tell us why your comment holds more weight than an IQ test.

lucky wilbury
10-26-2004, 12:56 PM
unless ford gets it in an email thats been forwarded a million times it's bullshit

wraytw
10-26-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by lucky wilbury
unless ford gets it in an email thats been forwarded a million times it's bullshit

Or starts one himself.

McCarrens
10-26-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Bullshit.

Is that because you didn't find it on some liberal bitch site?

It's okay, I'm sure you're going to find a way to spin this so that Bush's high intelligence level is bad for the country.

Jesus Christ
10-26-2004, 12:59 PM
It is better for a fool to keepeth his mouth closed and keepeth you guessing than to open it and remove all doubt.

Guitar Shark
10-26-2004, 01:00 PM
LOL, anybody who thinks Bush is smarter than Kerry needs to get their own IQ checked.

Big Train
10-26-2004, 01:01 PM
so speaking well is the only prereq for a high IQ? C,MON NOW...

Have any other Freudian ideas? Perhaps they are criminals because of the shapes of their heads?

Perhaps Kerry is in love with his mom?

FORD
10-26-2004, 01:02 PM
No, it's bullshit because anybody who watched the goddamned debates can see what a babbling IDIOT Junior is. This man couldn't score well on a piss test, much less an IQ test.

knuckleboner
10-26-2004, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Big Train
Do tell us why your comment holds more weight than an IQ test.

well...to be technical, this wasn't an IQ test...;)

though i'm not weighing in on 1 side or the other, i will say that the sale of the rangers doesn't exactly showcase bush's business acumen. quite a few franchises exploded in value during that timeframe.

lucky wilbury
10-26-2004, 01:11 PM
why not? bush made a ton of money on the deal

McCarrens
10-26-2004, 01:16 PM
Liberals don't like for people to make money or show good business sense. They would rather have them put all their faith and money with the government and let that distribute the funds as they see fit.

Boy, that sounds just like communism.

And before Ford can ask me for a source on this, I'm just going to say:Look around. If you can't see this by living your life in America then you are an idiot.

Sgt Schultz
10-26-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by FORD
No, it's bullshit because anybody who watched the goddamned debates can see what a babbling IDIOT Junior is. This man couldn't score well on a piss test, much less an IQ test.

When Reagan was in office lefites said that "Just because he can speak well doesn't mean he's smart! He's just an actor! He's an idiot! Who cares how well he comes across on TV - the stupid American public is being duped by a slick talker!"

But now it's different of course. Because of Bush's Malapropisms and weakness in debates "He's an idiot!" and Kerry's polished speaking abilities = "smarter than Bush". Now, according to the wacko left's new standard for intelligence we can safely say that Stephen Hawking is "a babbling idiot!"

FORD
10-26-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Sgt Schultz
When Reagan was in office lefites said that "Just because he can speak well doesn't mean he's smart! He's just an actor! He's an idiot! Who cares how well he comes across on TV - the stupid American public is being duped by a slick talker!"

But now it's different of course. Because of Bush's Malapropisms and weakness in debates "He's an idiot!" and Kerry's polished speaking abilities = "smarter than Bush". Now, according to the wacko left's new standard for intelligence we can safely say that Stephen Hawking is "a babbling idiot!"

Stephen Hawking has a physical disability which prevents him from speaking without the use of electronics. That's not comparable to Junior's stupidity, even though he has the Rove-Aid in his ear.

ODShowtime
10-26-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft
The Times quoted Steve Sailer, a columnist for immigration reform Web magazine Vdare.com, who is also adept at estimating a person's I.Q., and has done so for many presidents in the past.

Wow! A columnist in a web magazine, making guesses! Great source there!!! :rolleyes:

Reports the Times: "Mr. Bush's score on the Air Force Officer Qualifying Test at age 22 again suggests that his I.Q was the mid-120's, putting Mr. Bush in about the 95th percentile of the population, according to Mr. Sailer. Mr. Kerry's I.Q. was about 120, in the 91st percentile, according to Mr. Sailer's extrapolation of his score at age 22 on the Navy Officer Qualification Test."

Judging someone's IQ by their score on one test is pretty worthless is you ask me. Also, even if Bush was kinda intelligent back in like 1970, that was before 15 years of alcohol and alleged drug abuse! JA, I know you just posted this to get us riled up, but this some serious bullshit! :rolleyes:

Sailer's analysis was called credible by Linda Gottfredson, an I.Q. expert at the University of Delaware. She told the Times she wasn't surprised at the results or that so many people had assumed that Mr. Kerry was smarter.

"credible", as opposed to "accurate". :rolleyes:

"People will often be misled into thinking someone is brighter if he says something complicated they can't understand," she said.

We won't hold our breath waiting for the president's detractors to apologize.

Please do :rolleyes:

Link: here (http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/10/26/82947.shtml)

Big Train
10-26-2004, 01:49 PM
Amazing OD,

From your previous post i can now CLEARLY see that you have the ability to analyze. Yet, you accept some shit from an essay from "Truthout" or "From the Shack in the Woods", or "Disgruntled Monthly" as damn near fact...why?

DLR'sCock
10-26-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
LOL, anybody who thinks Bush is smarter than Kerry needs to get their own IQ checked.

This is worth repeating.

LMFAO!!!!!

ODShowtime
10-26-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Big Train
Amazing OD,

From your previous post i can now CLEARLY see that you have the ability to analyze. Yet, you accept some shit from an essay from "Truthout" or "From the Shack in the Woods", or "Disgruntled Monthly" as damn near fact...why?

I post some crazy articles sometimes, but I don't take them as gospel, just like I'm sure that JA knows this articles is complete bullshit. It's all for fun and discussion.

Often I post opinion peices I agree with that obviously are not "fact" and I try to label them so. That way Mcarran doesn't get confused.

McCarrens
10-26-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
That way Mcarran doesn't get confused.

I wish you would stop getting confused on how I spell my name.

M-C-C-A-R-R-E-N-S

BigBadBrian
10-26-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by DLR'sCock
This is worth repeating.

LMFAO!!!!!

Cock, you're a Dork.

or is it Dork, you're a Cock!

in either case, Fuck off. :gulp:

lucky wilbury
10-26-2004, 03:12 PM
:lol:

Nickdfresh
10-26-2004, 09:26 PM
Never mind that the young George W. Bush mastered both Yale and fighter planes, and managed to succeed in a number of business ventures, which included the successful purchase and sale of Major League Baseball's Texas Rangers.

[/URL]

Didn't Bush fail at most of his business ventures? He must of, because if your idea of business savvy is the loan example of buying a lame-ass baseball team, that's frankly weak.

Everyone knows Junior road through Yale on the coattails of his old man's bread, and received less than stellar marks.

But okay, we all know how accurate and valuable Military ASVAB scores are. So maybe Bush did have a high I.Q. at one point. Maybe he just melted his brains with all that cocaine and scotch in the 70's & 80's (& 90's?). His brilliance really showed in the debates-lol.:D

Nickdfresh
10-26-2004, 09:28 PM

[/URL]

Didn't Bush fail at most of his business ventures? He must of, because if your idea of business savvy is the loan example of his buying a lame-ass baseball team, that's frankly weak.

Everyone knows Junior road through Yale on the coattails of his old man's bread, and received less than stellar marks.

But okay, we all know how accurate and valuable Military ASVAB scores are. So maybe Bush did have a high I.Q. at one point. Maybe he just melted his brains with all that cocaine and scotch in the 70's & 80's (& 90's?). His brilliance really showed in the debates-lol.

knuckleboner
10-26-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by lucky wilbury
why not? bush made a ton of money on the deal

oh, i'm not saying he was a bad businessman because of it. just that like a lot of other baseball owners at the time, he didn't have to do much while his investment appreciated. it's DEFINITELY not an indication of him being a bad businessman, but i don't think it's much proof of him being a GOOD businessman, either.

(mind you, i'm quibbling. but when i get to mix sports, especially baseball, and politics, i can't quite help it...:D)

Pink Spider
10-27-2004, 04:59 AM
Bush's IQ is probably just slightly above that of your average voter. It would have to be since people actually vote for him. ;)

John Ashcroft
10-27-2004, 07:57 AM
Heh heh heh... This was a good thread if I do say so myself!

Hey Pinky, which side of the aisle trades crack for votes?

And OD, who am I to argue with the I.Q. experts referenced here? Face it, Bush is not only smarter than Kerry, but he's "quite a bit smarter" at that.

Heh heh heh... This is cool.

LickMyCream
10-27-2004, 08:11 AM
John Ashcroft,

You're just as smart as Bush!:eek:

Cathedral
10-27-2004, 08:59 AM
Hmmmmm, How smart was it for Kerry to aide the enemy in Vietnam?
I didn't see Bush giving them ammo to use against the POW's they were torturing at the time.

I question the IQ of people who vote for a man nobody can trust, who has a record of voting against everything that "should" matter to every American, and voting for the same man because he "isn't" Bush.

That not only makes every Kerry supporter stupid, they/you also have a healthy dose of ignorance to sweeten the pot.

Honestly, you Bush haters take the cake, but haven't figured out how to actually eat it.

Pink Spider
10-27-2004, 09:00 AM

Hey Pinky, which side of the aisle trades crack for votes?

And OD, who am I to argue with the I.Q. experts referenced here? Face it, Bush is not only smarter than Kerry, but he's "quite a bit smarter" at that.

Heh heh heh... This is cool.

At least the Democrats get back something for their vote.

I would be willing to accept that Bush is an idiot savant, maybe. But, he hasn't done any neat counting tricks yet, so we may never know for sure. :)

Cathedral
10-27-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Pink Spider
At least the Democrats get back something for their vote.

:)

Yep, to bad you have to bend over to get it.
The problem is that everyone else has to suffer for your mistakes.

Vote Bush, or suffer the consequences.

Pink Spider
10-27-2004, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Yep, to bad you have to bend over to get it.
The problem is that everyone else has to suffer for your mistakes.

Vote Bush, or suffer the consequences.

Ah, you're being cheerful as always.

Are you calling me a Democrat? I haven't gone that insane...

I wouldn't vote for Bush or Kerry if they were the only two candidates left..oh nevermind.

Bush has out spent Clinton and Carter. I don't see how a real conservative could possibly even like the guy.

ODShowtime
10-27-2004, 09:31 AM

And OD, who am I to argue with the I.Q. experts referenced here?

JA, if you believe that "a columnist for immigration reform Web magazine Vdare.com, who is also adept at estimating a person's I.Q." is an I.Q. expert, that's fine. That helps explain some of your more boneheaded remarks.

I agree this was a good one. We all had a good laugh at gw's expense. :D

FORD
10-29-2004, 03:48 PM
http://www.youforgotpoland.com/studentsaresmart.jpg

John Ashcroft
11-02-2004, 11:48 AM
Along this subject, here comes the excuses from the "New JFK".

Brokaw: Kerry Blamed Low IQ Score on Drinking

John Kerry told NBC newsman Tom Brokaw last week that the reason President Bush outscored him on military intelligence tests was that he had likely been drinking the night before his exam.

Brokaw revealed Kerry's off camera excuse in an Election morning interview with radio host Don Imus.

"I asked the question of John Kerry because the New York Times had reported that a man by the name of David Sailer had analyzed their military aptitude tests and then had, had IQ experts do an analysis as well - or the Times did," the NBC anchorman explained. "And they concluded that George W. Bush might be a point or two higher than John Kerry in IQ."
Brokaw continued:

"And John Kerry was caught a little off guard, he said. 'Well, more power to him. I thought that, that was not public.' And when the interview was over he said, 'I must have been drinking the night before I took that military aptitude test.'"

Link: here (http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/11/2/95008.shtml)

He must've been right??? After all, he's the smartest man on the planet. Funny that all these geniuses can't find a way to win elections...

Well anyway, it's officially in folks, from Kerry's own mouth. George Bush is officially smarter than John Kerry. :D

FORD
11-02-2004, 11:52 AM
Right.... and if you really believe that, you'll love my beachfront condo in Tucson :rolleyes:

ELVIS
11-02-2004, 11:54 AM
It's clearly true, FORD...

FORD
11-02-2004, 11:57 AM
If you believe Junior is intelligent, then you're as delusional as he is.