PDA

View Full Version : A Christian Can Be a Christian or a Liberal, But He Can’t Be Both

BigBadBrian
10-26-2004, 03:08 PM
A Christian Can Be a Christian or a Liberal, But He Can’t Be Both
Doug Giles

October 23, 2004

Can a Christian be a liberal? Short answer: no. There is no way a Christian can buy into neo-liberal ideology and be faithful to the bigger-than-Dallas teachings of the scripture and expect to continue enjoying his hard-won religious liberties.

For the "Christian" to lean politically to the left means that he must blow off huge chunks of the Bible and replace the scripture with the make-believe notions of postmodernism’s malleable "Christ." Only after torturing the scripture can the Christian then fit liberalism into his supposed relationship with God.

For the Christian who believes that unfeigned faith in Christ should correspond with Jesus’ high view of scripture, it is… now… impossible to believe in God and be an adherent to postmodern liberalism.

The twain no longer meet. Liberalism has been hijacked by bizarre special-interest thugs who spit on the Word of God and believe that the Bible has no place in public life, (except maybe in a museum where people can look at it from time to time).

The Christian who has a bent to the liberal left needs to understand something: while he is skipping around the maypole with his rose-colored glasses on, if it were up to the modern, secularized liberal establishment, he would be more restricted than Bill when Hillary’s in town. Yes, if the Christophobic thugs had it their way, Christians would be relegated to a marginalized spiritual ghetto on the sidelines of life.

For the naïve Christian voter who thinks he can toss a ballot in the Nuevo liberal direction, please know that a vote toward the secular left could leave you bereft of sacred liberties. Thanks to the aggressive ludicrous liberal lug nuts’ anti-Christian agenda, your vote for a liberal, Christian, is a vote for …

1. Christianity to be scrubbed from government and whatever turf the government owns. Thanks to the liberals, the Ten Commandments have about as much acceptance in our government and their properties as Rush Limbaugh would at Al Franken’s family reunion. Yes, the Judeo-Christian principles that formed the rock-solid foundation of this great American Experiment are now aggressively fought against by the lascivious left.

If… if… the secularists continue to stay behind the wheel of this American bus, you can kiss all semblance of Christianity good-bye in this heretofore God-graced government. Saint, you might as well say farewell to our government’s recognizing Christmas and adios to Good Friday if you’re going to vote the liberal ticket. If the secularists have it their way, Easter will be behind your keister, and you can kiss the Cross good-night as an acceptable public symbol that represents your faith and our nation’s recognition of Christ’s atoning work.

2. Secularism to be continually mainlined into our public school system. Thanks to rabid vapid secularism, our public schools and universities would rather you be a Rocky Horror super freak than a Christian. If your beliefs run to the bizarre or the banal, or if you want to smoke the same philosophical crack that Caligula, Nero, Castro or Lenin freebased, they’ll accommodate you.
Our schools are totally open to anyone and to anything, unless, of course, you’re a Christian. And if that’s the case, then you’re likely to get more sympathy from a badger with minimal sleep than you will from liberal educators who are hard at work making your life hard. A vote for the secular left is a vote for Christianity to continue to
be officially vilified on campus and Christians to be ostracized in campus life.

3. Public officials, employees and appointees to be pressured to hide their faith in the closet and suppress their public displays of belief in God lest they be grouped with Hitler, Osama, or Mussolini and then fired. Not only will the liberals aggressively work to prohibit the State from green lighting and recognizing Christianity as a legitimate and positive force in our land, they will also attempt to stifle Christians from influencing the path of government.

4. Public attacks on churches and Christians and attempts to restrict them in the private sector. Consider this, Christian pastor and Christian lay person looking to vote for the ludicrous left: the secular Mafioso’s intent is to make your ministerial life difficult, your evangelistic work taxing and your voice minimized. And good luck, pastor and church committee, in trying to buy property and get zoning with the anti-Christian libs at the helm.

5. The continued media endorsement of the same putrid hedonistic stuff that sunk ancient Rome. Yes, with the liberals in place, expect more weird crap in movies and on television. Expect to see more paintings of Christian symbols/ saints smeared with elephant dung. Expect Christianity to be bashed and vilified and Christians made out to be buckled-shoed morons with three teeth and an IQ of 50. Expect the culture to coarsen. Expect your kids to continue to be exposed to things that only rock stars see backstage with groupies. A vote for a liberal is a vote to see Christians continue to receive special ridicule and be flogged more than a piñata during a Cinco de Mayo festival.

My ClashPoint is this: Modern liberalism tosses the scripture out on several different levels. How a true believer in the Christ defined by the scripture can buy into what Jesus, the prophets and apostles said and also what these secular thugs say is beyond me. In addition to liberalism’s obvious and odious pro-holocaust-like abortion stance, its anti-biblical view of marriage, its scripture-slamming aggressive secularism, and its feckless view of our nation’s defense, liberalism completely clashes with the Christian worldview. Secular liberalism’s aggressive desire to eradicate Christians’ rights should cause Christians to be concerned.

The Democratic Party’s liberalism has degenerated over the last 40-50 years in regard to its view of Christianity and Christian rights. This party, which formerly embraced and protected our nation’s great Christian heritage and teachings, no longer does so. Thus, today the Christian is between a rock and a hard place: he can either be a Christian or a liberal, but he cannot be both.

knuckleboner
10-26-2004, 03:35 PM
wow, is this a bunch of hyped up, mostly nonsense.

the others are mostly baseless. oh, i'm sure in a country of several thousand jurisdications and 300 million people, he can find 1 or 2 examples. but it's not widespread calamity.

P.S.: any election predictions of the ol' commonwealth, BBB? i'm guessing 52-47 bush...

Jesus Christ
10-26-2004, 04:32 PM
Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Rejoice, and be exceedingly glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;
Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.

Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.
Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement: But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery. Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths: But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne: Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.
Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black.

But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.
Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.
And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.
Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

These are My teachings. If thou art a "Christian" then ye should live by them.

There is no "liberal" or "conservative" involved in that, My children. Do not distort My word or that of My Dad to support thy political positions :mad:

McCarrens
10-26-2004, 05:00 PM
A true Christian cannot be a liberal. No true Christian desires the killing of babies or believes that it is okay for a gay man to lead a Protestant church.

knuckleboner
10-26-2004, 05:31 PM
and i could say that a true Christian can't be a conservative, in favor of the death penalty or the cessation of aid to mothers who have too many babies...

that said, where exactly does Jesus proclaim homosexuality a sin?

Jesus Christ
10-26-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner

Good question, My son.

And Sesh.... stayeth out of this!

McCarrens
10-26-2004, 05:40 PM
Me still no like grammar because of stupid thread, but me think He made conservatives because He not want liberals to trick everyone into think He not exist.

Me also think beleiving you Jesus bad and not healthy for self-esteem.

McCarrens
10-26-2004, 05:42 PM

Killing killers and slaughtering baby two different thing, said McCarrens.

And Jesus say homosexuality a sin in Bible. Duh, everyone know that. Even grammatcially-challeneged people like me.

Jesus Christ
10-26-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by McCarrens

And Jesus say homosexuality a sin in Bible. Duh, everyone know that. Even grammatcially-challeneged people like me.

I never said one word on the subject, My son.

knuckleboner
10-26-2004, 05:48 PM
no doubt. i'm not a fan, but i really don't consider capital punishment murder. still...doesn't really seem like Jesus' brand of justice.

and, since we're not talking mormon here, i kind of assumed i was referring to the bible. where exactly in the bible? i mean, i don't need book, chapter and verse. a simple, "sermon on the mount," or "adam & adam parable" will do...

McCarrens
10-26-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Jesus Christ
I never said one word on the subject, My son.

This prove you false coloring of the Son.

McCarrens
10-26-2004, 05:53 PM
no doubt. i'm not a fan, but i really don't consider capital punishment murder. still...doesn't really seem like Jesus' brand of justice.

and, since we're not talking mormon here, i kind of assumed i was referring to the bible. where exactly in the bible? i mean, i don't need book, chapter and verse. a simple, "sermon on the mount," or "adam & adam parable" will do...

What you want reference to? Me no fanatical church goes so investigation may take many moons.

Jesus Christ
10-26-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by McCarrens
This prove you false coloring of the Son.

I think I know My own gospels pretty well.

Here are My words, if ye insist on hearing some:

Judge not, lest ye be judged.

Do unto others as ye would have them do unto you.

Love thy neighbor as thyself.

I think that about covers it.

DLR'sCock
10-26-2004, 06:11 PM
Jesus was about helping people, the poor, the sick, in beaten down, the thief, the fool....

Jesus was about man coming together instead of being torn apart by understanding, truth, compassion, and forgivenss...

Jesus was not about hoarding wealth...

Jesus was not about a class system....

To Jesus all people are equal and the same...all should be loved and helped with no intetion for reward....

Jesus was an enemy of war...

Jesus was an enemy of hate...

Jesus is the opposite of fear...

Jesus was an enemy of racism, prejudice, and discrimnation...

Jesus was above the petty, and many of man who think they are so much more but in truth are so much less....

Jesus was an enemy of those who knowingly and intentionally manipulate others for their own personal gain(whether it be social gain, political gain, economical gain or any form of false empowerment)....He was against those that use and manipulate the masses who do not have the same capability to see that they are being manipulated whether it be because of their lacking in education, their intelligence, or their upbringing and influence on their lives....

Whether Jesus was merely a man or "the son of God"....I don't know....but he was and is a noble and humble being with so much to offer, it truly is a sadness that so many have no idea what they do......and those that know of what they do, well, the truth will unvail itself in due time....

then again, I am only a simple person....so what do I know???

Jesus Christ
10-26-2004, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by DLR'sCock
Jesus was about helping people, the poor, the sick, in beaten down, the thief, the fool....

Jesus was about man coming together instead of being torn apart by understanding, truth, compassion, and forgivenss...

Jesus was not about hoarding wealth...

Jesus was not about a class system....

To Jesus all people are equal and the same...all should be loved and helped with no intetion for reward....

Jesus was an enemy of war...

Jesus was an enemy of hate...

Jesus is the opposite of fear...

Jesus was an enemy of racism, prejudice, and discrimnation...

Jesus was above the petty, and many of man who think they are so much more but in truth are so much less....

Jesus was an enemy of those who knowingly and intentionally manipulate others for their own personal gain(whether it be social gain, political gain, economical gain or any form of false empowerment)....He was against those that use and manipulate the masses who do not have the same capability to see that they are being manipulated whether it be because of their lacking in education, their intelligence, or their upbringing and influence on their lives....

Whether Jesus was merely a man or "the son of God"....I don't know....but he was and is a noble and humble being with so much to offer, it truly is a sadness that so many have no idea what they do......and those that know of what they do, well, the truth will unvail itself in due time....

then again, I am only a simple person....so what do I know???

You know a lot more than many self professed "Christians", My son :)

Cathedral
10-26-2004, 07:32 PM
Ford, Shut Up...The bible clearly speaks out against homosexuality.

Leviticus 18-20
Specifically Lev 19 verse 22, and I quote: Thou shalt NOT lie with mankind, as with womankind: It is an "abomination".

Also, Romans 2 verses 25 - 32 (Read it, you will be enlightened)

Ford, you speak of that which you are ignorant in, therefore you decieve the people of this board in the name of Jesus Christ.

May God have pity on your soul, my brother.

Cathedral
10-26-2004, 07:44 PM
A true Christian chooses neither party as a label. He votes what is most in line with Christianity, and that is not a vote for the Democratic Party.
They hardly ever consider themselves one or the other.

A Christian who votes for a Democrat will have an awful lot of explaining to do come Judgement Day.

Guitar Shark
10-26-2004, 07:55 PM
Cat, don't you see the inherent contradiction between this statement..

Originally posted by Cathedral
A true Christian chooses neither party as a label.

and this one?

A Christian who votes for a Democrat will have an awful lot of explaining to do come Judgement Day.

And by the way, isn't Leviticus a book from the Old Testament? I thought the question was whether Jesus ever said homosexuality was a sin.

FORD
10-26-2004, 07:57 PM
Ford, Shut Up...The bible clearly speaks out against homosexuality.

Leviticus 18-20
Specifically Lev 19 verse 22, and I quote: Thou shalt NOT lie with mankind, as with womankind: It is an "abomination".

Also, Romans 2 verses 25 - 32 (Read it, you will be enlightened)

Ford, you speak of that which you are ignorant in, therefore you decieve the people of this board in the name of Jesus Christ.

May God have pity on your soul, my brother.

Jesus didn't write Leviticus or Romans. And the rulebook for an obscure sect of ancient priest, or the opinions of a man known for being extremely hateful and prejudiced, can not be attributed to Jesus, who wasn't even present on this planet when either was written.

Cathedral
10-26-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
Cat, don't you see the inherent contradiction between this statement..

No, i don't. A Christian will cast a vote based on who supports their values. It is their right to do so in an attempt to keep the immoral out of office.
Which if it weren't for the believers, this country would have done itself in a long time ago.
It's a checks and balances type of situation.

and this one?
No again, Because the Liberal Party supports those things which are an abomination to God. It's hard to be blessed by God if you support the murder of innocent children in the womb while reaming your buddy Dave in the rumper.

Silence is not an option for the faithful Christian so a choice must be made based on faith, and values.

And by the way, isn't Leviticus a book from the Old Testament? I thought the question was whether Jesus ever said homosexuality was a sin.

The Trinity states that The father, The Son and The Holy Ghost are one in the same.

Cathedral
10-26-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Jesus didn't write Leviticus or Romans. And the rulebook for an obscure sect of ancient priest, or the opinions of a man known for being extremely hateful and prejudiced, can not be attributed to Jesus, who wasn't even present on this planet when either was written.

Don't waste your spin on me, tell it to your maker. It is clear what the "Word" of God is on this matter.

If Jesus hadn't been sentenced to death by a Liberal mind (cared nothing for truth or facts), who knows what else he would have said to his followers.

ODShowtime
10-26-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Saint, you might as well say farewell to our government’s recognizing Christmas and adios to Good Friday if you’re going to vote the liberal ticket. If the secularists have it their way, Easter will be behind your keister, and you can kiss the Cross good-night as an acceptable public symbol that represents your faith and our nation’s recognition of Christ’s atoning work.

First of all, there's no need to bring holidays into this. Everyone loves holidays!

Second, saying that soon Christians won't be able to wear crosses in the US because of bad liberals is some of the most inciteful nonsense I've ever read.

HELLVIS
10-26-2004, 08:55 PM
The Trinity states that The father, The Son and The Holy Ghost are one in the same.

Man, you're good Cathedral. I was just reading through this thread and planning to reply once I'd read it all. But, you beat me to the punch on every angle I planned to take. I think I'll just step back and let you work. You seem to have the dogs on a shorter chain than they realize. I guess that's why they keep choking themselves.:D

BigBadBrian
10-26-2004, 08:58 PM

Cat, that went straight over their heads concerning who wrote the Bible. :gulp:

FORD
10-26-2004, 09:01 PM
Bottom line is that GOD didn't write one word of the Bible. The words of Jesus in the Gospels were probably the closest you'll get to a direct quote, and even those are interpreted slighltly different between the 4 Gospels.

Moses and Paul were both murderers, so they were hardly perfect beings. What they wrote contained many of their own prejudices. Let's not forget that shortly before writing Romans, Paul was stalking Christians and killing them for fun.

These guys were hardly infallible.

Cathedral
10-26-2004, 09:02 PM
Hey, I'm just sitting here browsing while eating my dinner. It got cold on this subject, lol.

I am just amazed at how people lean to their own understanding, myself included, I am no angel.

Feel free to jump in though, the water is plenty warm.

Cathedral
10-26-2004, 09:10 PM
Bottom line is that GOD didn't write one word of the Bible. The words of Jesus in the Gospels were probably the closest you'll get to a direct quote, and even those are interpreted slighltly different between the 4 Gospels.

Moses and Paul were both murderers, so they were hardly perfect beings. What they wrote contained many of their own prejudices. Let's not forget that shortly before writing Romans, Paul was stalking Christians and killing them for fun.

Dude, there isn't one single person that ever has or will walk this earth that is "infallible" besides Jesus himself, and even he wasn't perfect.

Your reasoning of all things is terribly ignorant by damn near every standard it could be.

But we all know now that you think the bible is just a novel written by men.
Like i said, May God have mercy on your soul...

HELLVIS
10-26-2004, 09:15 PM

You are correct sir!
God didn't write it. Men did.
However, Jesus never denied any of the old testament. He only stated that was then this is now ( in so many words ).
With that being said, if one is to quote Jesus and the new testament as truth and the old testament as fallacy. He then is, in effect calling Jesus a liar, therefore nullifying his own argument.:matrix:

HELLVIS
10-26-2004, 09:18 PM
Damn, do people really talk like this?
It's like Wayne's World. We're a bunch of dumb-ass rockers waxing philosophic.

ELVIS
10-26-2004, 09:19 PM
Let's hear you spin more of the Bible, FORD...:rolleyes:

FORD
10-26-2004, 09:19 PM
There are verses in Leviticus that refer to bats as birds and insist that all insects have 4 legs. Obviously these are not true statements. If God wrote, or even directly dictated the Bible, word for word, then that would make God a liar, since He certainly knows those things aren't true.

Now obviously, I don't think God is a liar. Which only leaves the reality that He didn't write the book.

In no way does that devalue the Gospels, or the books of prophecy or the historical material included in the other books. A lot of Truth can be found in the Bible, but that doesn't mean God dropped it out of the sky in one piece.

ELVIS
10-26-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by HELLVIS
God didn't write it. Men did.

The bible is the inspired word of God...

We are all God's children, and he uses people for his purpose, if we're willing to let him...

God used the authors of the bible to write his word...

HELLVIS
10-26-2004, 09:25 PM
Hey ELVIS, what's up?

ELVIS
10-26-2004, 09:33 PM
Not much...

Cathedral
10-26-2004, 09:38 PM
There are verses in Leviticus that refer to bats as birds and insist that all insects have 4 legs. Obviously these are not true statements. If God wrote, or even directly dictated the Bible, word for word, then that would make God a liar, since He certainly knows those things aren't true.

Now obviously, I don't think God is a liar. Which only leaves the reality that He didn't write the book.

In no way does that devalue the Gospels, or the books of prophecy or the historical material included in the other books. A lot of Truth can be found in the Bible, but that doesn't mean God dropped it out of the sky in one piece.

I never said it fell out of the sky in 1 piece, I was just pointing out that the scripture does speak against homosexuality, and it does.

Picking and choosing what you want to believe from the bible will be a one way ticket to Hell, and you should know better than that. until now, I assumed you knew that.

HELLVIS
10-26-2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS

We are all God's children, and he uses people for his purpose, if we're willing to let him...

And...you are correct sir!:D

ELVIS
10-26-2004, 09:45 PM
I don't know what's so hard to understand about that...

HELLVIS
10-26-2004, 10:07 PM
Search me?

Nickdfresh
10-26-2004, 10:55 PM
Sounds like Doug Giles has more in common with like minded religious extremists in al-Qaida and the Taliban than our founding fathers. Assholes like this pseudo-moralist cunt must make Thomas Jefferson roll over in his grave. I'm sure Giles was smiling on 9/11 along with his no-doubt heroes Rev. Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson as the airliners smashed into the Trade Center towers. Both men essentially said America deserved to be attacked because our nation was rife with immoral homosexuals, liberals, and abortionists. I guess birds of a feather... (in religious fundamentalist fascist cults i.e. al-Qaida, The Moral Majority etc.)

knuckleboner
10-26-2004, 11:30 PM

If Jesus hadn't been sentenced to death by a Liberal mind (cared nothing for truth or facts), who knows what else he would have said to his followers.

(well, technically, cat, Jesus was sentenced by a conservative mind...in that sense of conservative preserving the status quo...;))

but seriously, i believe Jesus said he was the fulfillment of the old testatment. but, there are a few things in the old testament at odds with the new, correct?

i mean, i'm pretty sure the old testament doesn't give too much flexibility on when/how one should observe the sabbath. the pharasees in the new testament thought they had a pretty good read on that. but Jesus seems to think a bit differently.

Jesus never said that homosexuality was ok, to be sure. but he also spoke a bit about compassion for jews and gentiles alike. if God/Jesus believes that homosexuals should be condemned, He'll do it; as judgment is the Lord's. but absent Jesus' teaching on the subject, i don't think it's inherent that Christians can't support civil (secular) rights for them.

Warham
10-27-2004, 09:23 AM
In Matthew 5: 17-20, Jesus speaks on the Old Testament and who FORD refers to as 'murderers'...

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.
Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commandments will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven."

The Law Jesus refers to are the first five books of the Old Testament, including Leviticus. The Prophets refers to the Major prophets, Isaiah, Jeremiah, and Ezekiel, as well as the 12 Minor Prophets. Take these together, the "Law" and the "Prophets", and this designates the entire Old Testament, along wth the Writings, the third section of the Hebrew Bible.

Jesus emphasized the deeper meanings in the Law, the underlying principles.

You can't believe in what Jesus preaches, FORD, without acknowledging that these books, written by sinful men who were inspired by GOD, are the true words of Christ. If GOD inspired the Old Testament, and Jesus insists he has come to fulfill the Old Testament, there's no wiggle room. Moses may have been a murderer, but I know he has a place in heaven. I'm not sure that can be said for others who preach they know the words of GOD, but don't have a real grasp of where he comes from.

ELVIS
10-27-2004, 09:54 AM
Thank you Warham...

Awesome post!

:elvis:

BigBadBrian
10-27-2004, 09:55 AM
Bottom line is that GOD didn't write one word of the Bible.

Wrong. FORD, for you professing to be a Christian, you worry me. You show a fundamental lack of understanding of Christian doctrine. :gulp:

BigBadBrian
10-27-2004, 09:56 AM

Elvis is correct. :)

BigBadBrian
10-27-2004, 09:58 AM
Dude, there isn't one single person that ever has or will walk this earth that is "infallible" besides Jesus himself, and even he wasn't perfect.

Hmmm..........yes He was. That statement worries me also Cat. :(

Warham
10-27-2004, 10:03 AM
Infallible means perfect.

FORD
10-27-2004, 10:09 AM
Wrong. FORD, for you professing to be a Christian, you worry me. You show a fundamental lack of understanding of Christian doctrine. :gulp:

Apparently you do, because by saying God wrote the Bible, you're calling Him a liar.

In addition to the statments about birds and bugs that I already mentioned, there are also references to the Earth being flat and the implication that the sun and moon are little more than lightbulbs in the sky, placed there for our convenience.

Now, written by man, these statements would not be intentional lies, because 5000 years ago, man had no way of scientifically determining the truth about such things. Nobody had sailed around the world yet (except maybe Noah) and space travel wasn't even remotely possible.

However, if God wrote such things, He would be lying, since He obviously knows better.

So why are you calling God a liar?

ODShowtime
10-27-2004, 10:19 AM
Man, the bible and rational thought definitely do not go together.

BigBadBrian
10-27-2004, 10:34 AM
Apparently you do, because by saying God wrote the Bible, you're calling Him a liar.

In addition to the statments about birds and bugs that I already mentioned, there are also references to the Earth being flat and the implication that the sun and moon are little more than lightbulbs in the sky, placed there for our convenience.

Now, written by man, these statements would not be intentional lies, because 5000 years ago, man had no way of scientifically determining the truth about such things. Nobody had sailed around the world yet (except maybe Noah) and space travel wasn't even remotely possible.

However, if God wrote such things, He would be lying, since He obviously knows better.

So why are you calling God a liar?

I'm not calling God a liar. I think you need a qualified Pastor to guide you on your spiritual journey. You're clearly not capable of making the trip by yourself. :gulp:

ELVIS
10-27-2004, 10:39 AM
That's what I've been trying to tell him...

FORD
10-27-2004, 10:47 AM
I don't need a middleman. I take it directly to JC :cool:

Warham
10-27-2004, 01:02 PM
Jesus would be disappointed by your slandering of the Old Testament, since the base of his teachings was derived from what Moses and the Prophets had put down 1,200 years prior.

If you believe that the OT is corrupt and filled with distortions, then by extention you must believe that Christ was also corrupt and spewed forth nonsense since He said that his mission was to fulfill the OT.

Somebody had alot of explaining to do when they meet St. Peter at the Pearly Gates.

knuckleboner
10-28-2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Warham

The Law Jesus refers to are the first five books of the Old Testament, including Leviticus. The Prophets refers to the Major prophets, Isaiah, Jeremiah, and Ezekiel, as well as the 12 Minor Prophets. Take these together, the "Law" and the "Prophets", and this designates the entire Old Testament, along wth the Writings, the third section of the Hebrew Bible.

Jesus emphasized the deeper meanings in the Law, the underlying principles.

maybe...maybe. but i seem to recall that capital punishment was proper in the old testament. something that Jesus, didn't always see eye to eye with.

perhaps it's just me, but i've always thought that when Jesus said He was the fulfillment of the old testament, He was talking about the concept of the old testament leading up to the return of God to earth as the messiah. kinda where most of the old testament prophesies were leading. Jesus fulfilled that.

Cathedral
10-28-2004, 08:59 AM
Hmmm..........yes He was. That statement worries me also Cat. :(

He lost his temper in the temple, for which he asked forgiveness from his father. In fact, he also had doubts, short lived as they were, about completing his task here on earth.

That is what i mean by not being perfect. He had human moments as does any man or woman walking the earth.

In the end, he did fullfill his destiny.

Satan
10-28-2004, 09:07 AM
I was 'round when Jesus Christ

Had his moment of doubt and pain

Made damn sure that Pilate

Washed his hands and sealed his fate

Pleased to meet you

Hope you guess my name....

ODShowtime
10-28-2004, 09:11 AM
hey Satan, thanks for claifying those lyrics after about 10 years. I had no idea what the "pilot" had to do with Jesus.

FORD
10-28-2004, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
hey Satan, thanks for claifying those lyrics after about 10 years. I had no idea what the "pilot" had to do with Jesus.

As a way to find out how much of the class her students understood and remembered, a Bible School teacher asked her pupils to each draw a picture of any story in the Bible they liked.

As she walked around the class to see each drawing, she was fascinated by little Kunle's drawing and wondered which story he was interpreting.

Following is the conversation that took place.

Teacher: Kunle, That is very interesting. What's your drawing about ?

Little Kunle: An airplane, 3 persons and a baby.

Teacher: O.K. Kunle, Very Good. Where in the bible is that story ?

LIttle Kunle: The flight to Egypt!

Teacher: Ah....I see...That's baby Jesus, Joseph, Mary,...emmm, and who is the last person?

Little Kunle: That's Pontius The Pilot!

Cathedral
10-28-2004, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Satan
I was 'round when Jesus Christ

Had his moment of doubt and pain

Made damn sure that Pilate

Washed his hands and sealed his fate

Pleased to meet you

Hope you guess my name....

You are one ate up fool. and i mean that with all due respect, which to date has dwindled to almost zero.

Switch84
10-28-2004, 10:03 AM
I don't know what's so hard to understand about that...

:) Wow, I'm lovin' this thread! I have my bible open right beside me and reading through it!

Faith without works ain't SHIT, y'all! Are folks so spiritually retarded that they need to 'see it to believe it'? These very people naysaying and player hating on the word of God are the same ones that religiously attend Star Trek conventions and believe "The X Files" is more than a tv show (And 'worship' a Rock Star that knows nothing, or probably cares nothing about them)! I've never met Jesus or God per se, but in my heart of hearts (FAITH, PEOPLE) I know He's real. If it wasn't for divine intervention and His mercy, I'd be dead right now; there's just too many things that has occurred in my life that mere man cannot do!

Dr. Seuss wrote many books, so has Stephen King and Anne Rice; Are their works more 'valid' because you've seen/heard/read info on them? And what of simple science and biology, which bible haters tend to rely heavily on? Are you aware that it is biologically impossible for a man to impregnate another man? It's the same with two women. Life cannot spring from which isn't natural. That's a fact. If ya want to get even more base with it, THE PIECES DON'T FIT! In gay couples, masculine and feminine roles are imitated; I call it psuedo-heterosexuality. Sexuality is a behavior, and behaviors are learned and can be unlearned. Murderers, rapists, and chronic criminals could use the same argument gays are using ('I can't help myself! I was born this way!) Are we to legislate rights for these abhorrent behaviors also? God help us if we do.

Snow Ho
10-28-2004, 10:08 AM
well i already have my one way ticket to hell because i've broken leviticus 19:19

Snow Ho
10-28-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Switch84
:)
And what of simple science and biology, which bible haters tend to rely heavily on? Are you aware that it is biologically impossible for a man to impregnate another man? It's the same with two women. Life cannot spring from which isn't natural. .

not in mice, though :)
http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?chanID=sa003&articleID=0004119C-D4C6-1086-94C683414B7F0000

knuckleboner
10-28-2004, 10:15 AM
Are you aware that it is biologically impossible for a man to impregnate another man? It's the same with two women. Life cannot spring from which isn't natural. That's a fact.

the church condones 2 elderly people marrying. they can't create life. nor can an infertile couple. yet the church doesn't seem to have a problem with that, either.

the church, itself, implicitly recognizes that the purpose of the sacrament of marriage is not solely to have children. so why should the ability to create life be the determining factor in whether or not a union is moral?

and cat, i tend to agree with you. i've always thought it was more impressive to think of a Jesus who had doubts, fears, temptations, etc., yet STILL ultimately did his work (and sacrifice) for others. it's much harder to emmulate a "perfect" man who never had any problems...

FORD
10-28-2004, 10:29 AM

Faith without works ain't SHIT, y'all!

I think that was James 2:17, but I'm not familiar with the translation :D

Switch84
10-28-2004, 10:54 AM
:p Mice, the elderly, the infertile, etc! What else are you going to pull out of your hat to dispute and mock what is holy and sacred for millions (shit, BILLIONS) of people across the globe, not just the United States? And it's not just reserved for Christianity, either. I have Muslim and Jewish relatives and it's pretty much the same in their faiths also. Why do you think some folks view the U.S as the modern day 'Babylon' (A debauchery-infested and Godless nation in need of being cleansed by whatever means necessary?) A greedy, selfish, immoral country foolishly knighting ourselves into godhood. This is how my Iraqi-American neighbor sees us! He said we're like a bunch of 'Saddams reigning terror on those that have not and foolishly manipulating the law to suit the few that would mock God and seek to destroy Him.' He's been a citizen for over 25 years and has seen this country's morality sink lower and lower.

Get out of your neighborhood (physically and mentally) and open your eyes to what's going on in the world! We're not the 'Promised Land' we used to be. All eyes are on us and they're not all friendly. Mocking God has consequences which could make 9/11/01 look like a picnic.

BigBadBrian
10-28-2004, 03:16 PM
:p Mice, the elderly, the infertile, etc! What else are you going to pull out of your hat to dispute and mock what is holy and sacred for millions (shit, BILLIONS) of people across the globe, not just the United States? And it's not just reserved for Christianity, either. I have Muslim and Jewish relatives and it's pretty much the same in their faiths also. Why do you think some folks view the U.S as the modern day 'Babylon' (A debauchery-infested and Godless nation in need of being cleansed by whatever means necessary?) A greedy, selfish, immoral country foolishly knighting ourselves into godhood. This is how my Iraqi-American neighbor sees us! He said we're like a bunch of 'Saddams reigning terror on those that have not and foolishly manipulating the law to suit the few that would mock God and seek to destroy Him.' He's been a citizen for over 25 years and has seen this country's morality sink lower and lower.

Get out of your neighborhood (physically and mentally) and open your eyes to what's going on in the world! We're not the 'Promised Land' we used to be. All eyes are on us and they're not all friendly. Mocking God has consequences which could make 9/11/01 look like a picnic.

Damn. You need to visit this forum more often. You try to tell people around here that America is hated by the majority in the Muslim world in particular for our debauchery and Godlessness and they just laugh. They claim it's because of our support for Israel and lack thereof for Palestinians. That's part of it, but just a very minor part.

The Israeli/Palestinian claim of the Left shows a fundamental lack of understanding of the Islamic faith...Wahhabism in particular. We need to understand the root causes of our enemy and terrorism before we can get a grip on it. :gulp:

Guitar Shark
10-28-2004, 04:08 PM
Religion is the root of most forms of evil in the world today.

Jesus Christ
10-28-2004, 04:21 PM

Ye hath a point, Matthew.

But verily I say unto you that the problem is not religion, the problem is there are too many Pharisees and not enough Disciples. :(

knuckleboner
10-28-2004, 04:21 PM

The Israeli/Palestinian claim of the Left shows a fundamental lack of understanding of the Islamic faith...Wahhabism in particular. We need to understand the root causes of our enemy and terrorism before we can get a grip on it. :gulp:

hating us and attacking us are 2 entirely different things.

i'm sure the extreme islamics hate the debauchery of amsterdam. yet you'll never seem them attack the dutch. why?

our "great satan" might be good copy for getting the young "martyrs" to attack America. but it's not what's driving the fanatical leaders. bin laden's thinking of power and control in the middle east more than he's thinking of Americans eating pork.

and switch, i wasn't using the elderly claim to mock Christianity or religion. just to point out that producing life isn't the sole point of marriage, even according to the catholic church. so i don't see why procreation is an argument as to whether or not a particular union should be moral.

BigBadBrian
10-28-2004, 04:49 PM
hating us and attacking us are 2 entirely different things.

i'm sure the extreme islamics hate the debauchery of amsterdam. yet you'll never seem them attack the dutch. why?

I can't even believe you asked that question.

FORD
10-28-2004, 05:00 PM
I can't even believe you asked that question.

I *CAN* believe that you don't know how to answer it ;)

HELLVIS
10-28-2004, 11:40 PM
:) Wow, I'm lovin' this thread! I have my bible open right beside me and reading through it!

Faith without works ain't SHIT, y'all! Are folks so spiritually retarded that they need to 'see it to believe it'? These very people naysaying and player hating on the word of God are the same ones that religiously attend Star Trek conventions and believe "The X Files" is more than a tv show (And 'worship' a Rock Star that knows nothing, or probably cares nothing about them)! I've never met Jesus or God per se, but in my heart of hearts (FAITH, PEOPLE) I know He's real. If it wasn't for divine intervention and His mercy, I'd be dead right now; there's just too many things that has occurred in my life that mere man cannot do!

Dr. Seuss wrote many books, so has Stephen King and Anne Rice; Are their works more 'valid' because you've seen/heard/read info on them? And what of simple science and biology, which bible haters tend to rely heavily on? Are you aware that it is biologically impossible for a man to impregnate another man? It's the same with two women. Life cannot spring from which isn't natural. That's a fact. If ya want to get even more base with it, THE PIECES DON'T FIT! In gay couples, masculine and feminine roles are imitated; I call it psuedo-heterosexuality. Sexuality is a behavior, and behaviors are learned and can be unlearned. Murderers, rapists, and chronic criminals could use the same argument gays are using ('I can't help myself! I was born this way!) Are we to legislate rights for these abhorrent behaviors also? God help us if we do.

That is, without a doubt, the best post yet on this thread ( and there wave been some damn good ones ).:cool:
It deserves a 10 star vote, but I can only give five.

Lqskdiver
10-28-2004, 11:43 PM
Homosexuality goes against the every thing in the natural world order. It does not serve a purpose, but satisfy the desires of the flesh.

FORD
10-28-2004, 11:49 PM
1 Samuel 18
1 And it came to pass, when he had made an end of speaking unto Saul, that the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul.
2 And Saul took him that day, and would let him go no more home to his father's house.
3 Then Jonathan and David made a covenant, because he loved him as his own soul.

FORD
10-28-2004, 11:55 PM
1 Samuel 20

1 And David fled from Naioth in Ramah, and came and said before Jonathan, What have I done? what is mine iniquity? and what is my sin before thy father, that he seeketh my life?
2 And he said unto him, God forbid; thou shalt not die: behold, my father will do nothing either great or small, but that he will shew it me: and why should my father hide this thing from me? it is not so.
3 And David sware moreover, and said, Thy father certainly knoweth that I have found grace in thine eyes; and he saith, Let not Jonathan know this, lest he be grieved: but truly as the LORD liveth, and as thy soul liveth, there is but a step between me and death.
4 Then said Jonathan unto David, Whatsoever thy soul desireth, I will even do it for thee.
5 And David said unto Jonathan, Behold, to morrow is the new moon, and I should not fail to sit with the king at meat: but let me go, that I may hide myself in the field unto the third day at even.
6 If thy father at all miss me, then say, David earnestly asked leave of me that he might run to Bethlehem his city: for there is a yearly sacrifice there for all the family.
7 If he say thus, It is well; thy servant shall have peace: but if he be very wroth, then be sure that evil is determined by him.
8 Therefore thou shalt deal kindly with thy servant; for thou hast brought thy servant into a covenant of the LORD with thee: notwithstanding, if there be in me iniquity, slay me thyself; for why shouldest thou bring me to thy father?
9 And Jonathan said, Far be it from thee: for if I knew certainly that evil were determined by my father to come upon thee, then would not I tell it thee?
10 Then said David to Jonathan, Who shall tell me? or what if thy father answer thee roughly?
11 And Jonathan said unto David, Come, and let us go out into the field. And they went out both of them into the field.
12 And Jonathan said unto David, O LORD God of Israel, when I have sounded my father about to morrow any time, or the third day, and, behold, if there be good toward David, and I then send not unto thee, and shew it thee;
13 The LORD do so and much more to Jonathan: but if it please my father to do thee evil, then I will shew it thee, and send thee away, that thou mayest go in peace: and the LORD be with thee, as he hath been with my father.
14 And thou shalt not only while yet I live shew me the kindness of the LORD, that I die not:
15 But also thou shalt not cut off thy kindness from my house for ever: no, not when the LORD hath cut off the enemies of David every one from the face of the earth.
16 So Jonathan made a covenant with the house of David, saying, Let the LORD even require it at the hand of David's enemies.
17 And Jonathan caused David to swear again, because he loved him: for he loved him as he loved his own soul.
18 Then Jonathan said to David, To morrow is the new moon: and thou shalt be missed, because thy seat will be empty.
19 And when thou hast stayed three days, then thou shalt go down quickly, and come to the place where thou didst hide thyself when the business was in hand, and shalt remain by the stone Ezel.
20 And I will shoot three arrows on the side thereof, as though I shot at a mark.
21 And, behold, I will send a lad, saying, Go, find out the arrows. If I expressly say unto the lad, Behold, the arrows are on this side of thee, take them; then come thou: for there is peace to thee, and no hurt; as the LORD liveth.
22 But if I say thus unto the young man, Behold, the arrows are beyond thee; go thy way: for the LORD hath sent thee away.
23 And as touching the matter which thou and I have spoken of, behold, the LORD be between thee and me for ever.
24 So David hid himself in the field: and when the new moon was come, the king sat him down to eat meat.
25 And the king sat upon his seat, as at other times, even upon a seat by the wall: and Jonathan arose, and Abner sat by Saul's side, and David's place was empty.
26 Nevertheless Saul spake not any thing that day: for he thought, Something hath befallen him, he is not clean; surely he is not clean.
27 And it came to pass on the morrow, which was the second day of the month, that David's place was empty: and Saul said unto Jonathan his son, Wherefore cometh not the son of Jesse to meat, neither yesterday, nor to day?
28 And Jonathan answered Saul, David earnestly asked leave of me to go to Bethlehem:
29 And he said, Let me go, I pray thee; for our family hath a sacrifice in the city; and my brother, he hath commanded me to be there: and now, if I have found favour in thine eyes, let me get away, I pray thee, and see my brethren. Therefore he cometh not unto the king's table.
30 Then Saul's anger was kindled against Jonathan, and he said unto him, Thou son of the perverse rebellious woman, do not I know that thou hast chosen the son of Jesse to thine own confusion, and unto the confusion of thy mother's nakedness?
31 For as long as the son of Jesse liveth upon the ground, thou shalt not be established, nor thy kingdom. Wherefore now send and fetch him unto me, for he shall surely die.
32 And Jonathan answered Saul his father, and said unto him, Wherefore shall he be slain? what hath he done?
33 And Saul cast a javelin at him to smite him: whereby Jonathan knew that it was determined of his father to slay David.
34 So Jonathan arose from the table in fierce anger, and did eat no meat the second day of the month: for he was grieved for David, because his father had done him shame.
35 And it came to pass in the morning, that Jonathan went out into the field at the time appointed with David, and a little lad with him.
36 And he said unto his lad, Run, find out now the arrows which I shoot. And as the lad ran, he shot an arrow beyond him.
37 And when the lad was come to the place of the arrow which Jonathan had shot, Jonathan cried after the lad, and said, Is not the arrow beyond thee?
38 And Jonathan cried after the lad, Make speed, haste, stay not. And Jonathan's lad gathered up the arrows, and came to his master.
39 But the lad knew not any thing: only Jonathan and David knew the matter.
40 And Jonathan gave his artillery unto his lad, and said unto him, Go, carry them to the city.
41 And as soon as the lad was gone, David arose out of a place toward the south, and fell on his face to the ground, and bowed himself three times: and they kissed one another, and wept one with another, until David exceeded.
42 And Jonathan said to David, Go in peace, forasmuch as we have sworn both of us in the name of the LORD, saying, The LORD be between me and thee, and between my seed and thy seed for ever. And he arose and departed: and Jonathan went into the city.

FORD
10-28-2004, 11:57 PM
Apparently God had no problem with His chosen king for Israel being in a homosexual relationship.

Granted, there's no direct reference to sex, but they were kissing and deeply in love, so draw your own conclusions.

Lqskdiver
10-29-2004, 12:05 AM
Gee, that whole post just for one verse....you really set that one up!

Hey, Italian's kiss each other on the cheek and unless they are giving him the death kiss, it's a sign of affection....I think.

Pink Spider
10-29-2004, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Lqskdiver
Homosexuality goes against the every thing in the natural world order. It does not serve a purpose, but satisfy the desires of the flesh.

In case you haven't noticed, there's not a shortage of people on this planet, so why do religionists get so cranky about people going at it that can't have kids? LOTS of stuff in this world serves no purpose, but you probably do lots of activities that serve no purpose, don't you? Exactly. Perhaps something to you that serves no purpose, serves a purpose to someone else. If sex is an abomination in your religion, just don't do it. I don't think you'll be able to convince anyone else.

Also, try to define the "natural world order". I haven't been able to get a clear response every time I ask this. I just want someone who thinks that they're a "knower of all things" to define it for me.

Nickdfresh
10-29-2004, 02:21 AM

No! Its assholes like Bin Laden, Bush, and that dipshit Giles manipulating Religion for their own political means. Not religion. Don't ever confuse mankind's fall and propensity to act out of our weaknesses and hatred with religion itself. Especially when we use religion as a justification or means to acquire property, steal, murder, and get re-elected. These acts have nothing to do with spirituality and religion.

Its like the biggest misquote in history when Saint Whatever his names is said "(THE LOVE OF) money is the root of all evil." A semantic edit that changes the qoute's entire meaning.

knuckleboner
10-29-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Lqskdiver

so blow jobs are sins?

FORD
10-29-2004, 10:09 AM
so blow jobs are sins?

You must have a short memory....

According to Republicans, they're the worst sin imaginable. At least when it's the Democrats who get them:blow:

Remember when that was our biggest national crisis? :(

W.W.D.D.?
10-29-2004, 10:46 AM
1 Samuel 20

1 And David fled from Naioth in Ramah, and came and said before Jonathan, What have I done? what is mine iniquity? and what is my sin before thy father, that he seeketh my life?
2 And he said unto him, God forbid; thou shalt not die: behold, my father will do nothing either great or small, but that he will shew it me: and why should my father hide this thing from me? it is not so.
3 And David sware moreover, and said, Thy father certainly knoweth that I have found grace in thine eyes; and he saith, Let not Jonathan know this, lest he be grieved: but truly as the LORD liveth, and as thy soul liveth, there is but a step between me and death.
4 Then said Jonathan unto David, Whatsoever thy soul desireth, I will even do it for thee.
5 And David said unto Jonathan, Behold, to morrow is the new moon, and I should not fail to sit with the king at meat: but let me go, that I may hide myself in the field unto the third day at even.
6 If thy father at all miss me, then say, David earnestly asked leave of me that he might run to Bethlehem his city: for there is a yearly sacrifice there for all the family.
7 If he say thus, It is well; thy servant shall have peace: but if he be very wroth, then be sure that evil is determined by him.
8 Therefore thou shalt deal kindly with thy servant; for thou hast brought thy servant into a covenant of the LORD with thee: notwithstanding, if there be in me iniquity, slay me thyself; for why shouldest thou bring me to thy father?
9 And Jonathan said, Far be it from thee: for if I knew certainly that evil were determined by my father to come upon thee, then would not I tell it thee?
10 Then said David to Jonathan, Who shall tell me? or what if thy father answer thee roughly?
11 And Jonathan said unto David, Come, and let us go out into the field. And they went out both of them into the field.
12 And Jonathan said unto David, O LORD God of Israel, when I have sounded my father about to morrow any time, or the third day, and, behold, if there be good toward David, and I then send not unto thee, and shew it thee;
13 The LORD do so and much more to Jonathan: but if it please my father to do thee evil, then I will shew it thee, and send thee away, that thou mayest go in peace: and the LORD be with thee, as he hath been with my father.
14 And thou shalt not only while yet I live shew me the kindness of the LORD, that I die not:
15 But also thou shalt not cut off thy kindness from my house for ever: no, not when the LORD hath cut off the enemies of David every one from the face of the earth.
16 So Jonathan made a covenant with the house of David, saying, Let the LORD even require it at the hand of David's enemies.
17 And Jonathan caused David to swear again, because he loved him: for he loved him as he loved his own soul.
18 Then Jonathan said to David, To morrow is the new moon: and thou shalt be missed, because thy seat will be empty.
19 And when thou hast stayed three days, then thou shalt go down quickly, and come to the place where thou didst hide thyself when the business was in hand, and shalt remain by the stone Ezel.
20 And I will shoot three arrows on the side thereof, as though I shot at a mark.
21 And, behold, I will send a lad, saying, Go, find out the arrows. If I expressly say unto the lad, Behold, the arrows are on this side of thee, take them; then come thou: for there is peace to thee, and no hurt; as the LORD liveth.
22 But if I say thus unto the young man, Behold, the arrows are beyond thee; go thy way: for the LORD hath sent thee away.
23 And as touching the matter which thou and I have spoken of, behold, the LORD be between thee and me for ever.
24 So David hid himself in the field: and when the new moon was come, the king sat him down to eat meat.
25 And the king sat upon his seat, as at other times, even upon a seat by the wall: and Jonathan arose, and Abner sat by Saul's side, and David's place was empty.
26 Nevertheless Saul spake not any thing that day: for he thought, Something hath befallen him, he is not clean; surely he is not clean.
27 And it came to pass on the morrow, which was the second day of the month, that David's place was empty: and Saul said unto Jonathan his son, Wherefore cometh not the son of Jesse to meat, neither yesterday, nor to day?
28 And Jonathan answered Saul, David earnestly asked leave of me to go to Bethlehem:
29 And he said, Let me go, I pray thee; for our family hath a sacrifice in the city; and my brother, he hath commanded me to be there: and now, if I have found favour in thine eyes, let me get away, I pray thee, and see my brethren. Therefore he cometh not unto the king's table.
30 Then Saul's anger was kindled against Jonathan, and he said unto him, Thou son of the perverse rebellious woman, do not I know that thou hast chosen the son of Jesse to thine own confusion, and unto the confusion of thy mother's nakedness?
31 For as long as the son of Jesse liveth upon the ground, thou shalt not be established, nor thy kingdom. Wherefore now send and fetch him unto me, for he shall surely die.
32 And Jonathan answered Saul his father, and said unto him, Wherefore shall he be slain? what hath he done?
33 And Saul cast a javelin at him to smite him: whereby Jonathan knew that it was determined of his father to slay David.
34 So Jonathan arose from the table in fierce anger, and did eat no meat the second day of the month: for he was grieved for David, because his father had done him shame.
35 And it came to pass in the morning, that Jonathan went out into the field at the time appointed with David, and a little lady with him.
36 And he said unto his lady, Run, find out now the arrows which I shoot. And as the lady ran, he shot an arrow beyond him.
37 And when the lady was come to the place of the arrow which Jonathan had shot, Jonathan cried after the lady , and said, Is not the arrow beyond thee?
38 And Jonathan cried after the lady, Make speed, haste, stay not. And Jonathan's lady gathered up the arrows, and came to his master.
39 But the lady knew not any thing: only Jonathan and David knew the matter.
40 And Jonathan gave his artillery unto his lady, and said unto him, Go, carry them to the city.
41 And as soon as the lady was gone, David arose out of a place toward the south, and fell on his face to the ground, and bowed himself three times: and they kissed one another, and wept one with another, until David exceeded.
42 And Jonathan said to David, Go in peace, forasmuch as we have sworn both of us in the name of the LORD, saying, The LORD be between me and thee, and between my seed and thy seed for ever. And he arose and departed: and Jonathan went into the city.

um...that was a King James typo......it was supposed to be lady:D

ELVIS
10-29-2004, 11:03 AM
Apparently God had no problem with His chosen king for Israel being in a homosexual relationship.

You are a closet homo!

Go ahead and read into Samuel whatever you want...

Love does not mean SEX, you imbecile...

God is love, the teachings of Jesus are about love...

Get a clue, and repent from your gay fantasies...

ELVIS
10-29-2004, 11:15 AM
Sexuality is a behavior, and behaviors are learned and can be unlearned. Murderers, rapists, and chronic criminals could use the same argument gays are using ('I can't help myself! I was born this way!) Are we to legislate rights for these abhorrent behaviors also? God help us if we do.

Amen SISTAH!

I've been preeching this for a long time...

FORD
10-29-2004, 11:33 AM
You are a closet homo!

Right.... so you can't interpret a chapter of scripture logically unless you're a homosexual....got it :rolleyes:

Go ahead and read into Samuel whatever you want...

Hey, YOU'RE the Biblical literalist, so take it for what it literally says. These guys were deeply in love and they were kissing each other all the time. So take that literally like you do everything else. You can't have it both ways (Unlike King David, I guess)

Love does not mean SEX, you imbecile...

God is love, the teachings of Jesus are about love...

Jesus didn't go around kissing guys, and paying off kids to shoot arrows so he could meet his boyfriend in secret, so it's not the same thing

Get a clue, and repent from your gay fantasies...

I don't have any "gay fantasies" just repeating what the infallible Word of God says :)

aesop
10-29-2004, 01:21 PM
and i could say that a true Christian can't be a conservative, in favor of the death penalty or the cessation of aid to mothers who have too many babies...

Jesus imposed a tax in Israel to help out un-wed mothers and their 6 babies?? Wow I missed that one.

There has always been 'aid' for people in need. It's called your local church and their numerous outreach programs.

Liberal government money-nipples have never solved any socio-economic problems.

Also, for the record, read the Old Testament. Plenty of death-wielding for individuals and societies who have turned their backs on God.

aesop
10-29-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Snow Ho
not in mice, though :)
http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?chanID=sa003&articleID=0004119C-D4C6-1086-94C683414B7F0000

So... you're saying Homo's are the mental equivalent of mice? Or that homosexuality is justified because of mice? You know, worms can impregnate themselves!

Switch84
10-29-2004, 02:17 PM
That is, without a doubt, the best post yet on this thread ( and there wave been some damn good ones ).:cool:
It deserves a 10 star vote, but I can only give five.

:) Thanks, Hellvis! I'm just one of those 'Jesus freaks' that the spirtually dead folks like to mock, but that's alright; We'll see who gets the last laugh when the eternal fires of Hell are licking at their dumb asses.

As for that person that suggested that I 'visit this forum more often' to understand why Arabs hate us, I don't need to. I get my information right from the horse's mouth. My home state of Michigan (southeast Michy-Detorit metro area) has the largest number of Middle Eastern people outside of the Middle East and that's who I talk to, worked with, grew up with; how many folks of Arab descent do YOU know personally?

BigBadBrian
10-29-2004, 02:44 PM
I *CAN* believe that you don't know how to answer it ;)

Getting back to the topic at hand before I was so rudely interrupted...

....the Islamic Fundamentalists in countries such as Iran and Saudia Arabia that sponsor terror simply don't see the Netherlands as a threat to its religious teaching and way of life as it does America. A threat, yes, but America is the big prize. The ulama in Saudia Arabia is, or maybe was, the real power behind the Islamic Revolution driving the seeds of terror which have spread throughout the Middle East and have taken hold in that area. Understand? ;)

FORD
10-29-2004, 04:06 PM
Getting back to the topic at hand before I was so rudely interrupted...

....the Islamic Fundamentalists in countries such as Iran and Saudia Arabia that sponsor terror simply don't see the Netherlands as a threat to its religious teaching and way of life as it does America. A threat, yes, but America is the big prize. The ulama in Saudia Arabia is, or maybe was, the real power behind the Islamic Revolution driving the seeds of terror which have spread throughout the Middle East and have taken hold in that area. Understand? ;)

But you miss the whole question of WHY they consider the "Great Satan" to be a threat.

The Dutch don't pillage their land in the name of corporate greed. They don't have soldiers camped out drinking bootleg alcohol on soil which is considered sacred to Islam. The Dutch CIA (if one exists?) isn't constantly fucking with every government in the region, and as far as I know, the Ducth haven't given millions of dollars worth of weapons to Israel.

That's why wooden shoes, windmills, and even hash bars aren't considered a threat.

Now on the other hand, if we sent Dennis over there to spam the country with his goddamned panda pictures, then the Dutch might move to the top of the "Great Satan" list.

Or just send Van Hagar over to play a concert in Mecca. That would take care of it.

knuckleboner
10-29-2004, 05:02 PM
BBB, if you notice, in bin laden's latest videotape, he says that U.S. policy, NOT our "morality" is what will drive his attacks.

yes, i'm sure you're right about the teachings in the saudi schools, etc. (i've read about them, too.)

but, if today, we halted all aid to israel, removed all troops from the middle east, stopped all sanctions on middle eastern countries and abstained from every vote on the security council regarding the middle east, would we still be the big prize to islamic fundamentalists?

mind you, i'm NOT suggesting we should take this course of action.

nor am i saying it should make us into pansies when it comes time to decide policy. but we should at least consider the consequences.

i think that thinking, "it doesn't matter what we do in the middle east, because they'll hate us and attack us just the same since we allow pre-marital sex," is naive.

BigBadBrian
10-29-2004, 05:14 PM
BBB, if you notice, in bin laden's latest videotape, he says that U.S. policy, NOT our "morality" is what will drive his attacks.

I would suggest his latest video is an attempt to influence the election one way or the other. :gulp:

Pink Spider
10-29-2004, 05:42 PM
Sexuality is a behavior, and behaviors are learned and can be unlearned. Murderers, rapists, and chronic criminals could use the same argument gays are using ('I can't help myself! I was born this way!) Are we to legislate rights for these abhorrent behaviors also? God help us if we do. ”

These are some of the most absurd and sickest comments I've ever heard. You're comparing gays to murderers and rapists? Your mental processes are seriously fucked up. Apparently hate is a learned behavior also.

As Sesh has pointed out several times, if you weren't born here there's a good chance that you wouldn't be in your current religion. Religion (specifically a religion like Christianity) is a perfect example of learned behavior. That's a given, unlike your theories.

FORD
10-29-2004, 05:54 PM
I would suggest his latest video is an attempt to influence the election one way or the other. :gulp:

I would suggest the video is a complete forgery meant as reverse psychology propaganda by the BCE.

Warham
10-29-2004, 06:14 PM
I would suggest that people here get help, specifically professional.

ELVIS
10-29-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Pink Spider

Apparently hate is a learned behavior also.

Absolutely!

As Sesh has pointed out several times, if you weren't born here there's a good chance that you wouldn't be in your current religion.

True...

Religion (specifically a religion like Christianity) is a perfect example of learned behavior.

True also...

Jesus camy to the knowledge of being the Son of God through learning...

BTW, true christianity is the opposite of "religion"...

I know it sounds funny, but it's the truth...

Check it out...;)

Everything is a choice...

ELVIS
10-29-2004, 06:33 PM
I would suggest the video is a complete forgery meant as reverse psychology propaganda by the BCE.

You said this same lie about all of the video taped messages. If any of them were forgeries, we would have heard about it one way or another, other than from you...:rolleyes:

Warham
10-29-2004, 06:40 PM
FORD is the ultimate authority on what tapes are forgeries.

:rolleyes:

BigBadBrian
10-29-2004, 11:01 PM

Hey, whatever works. :gulp:

HELLVIS
10-29-2004, 11:01 PM
The new EMINEM video is a forgery.

FORD
10-29-2004, 11:10 PM
You said this same lie about all of the video taped messages. If any of them were forgeries, we would have heard about it one way or another, other than from you...:rolleyes:

Really?

And who's going to tell you?

FAUX News?

General NBC Electric?

AOLCIACNN?

The Eisner/Limbaugh/Hannity/Robertson broadcasting Company (formerly known as ABC)

HELLVIS
10-29-2004, 11:14 PM
CNN; THE CLINTON NEWS NETWORK

ELVIS
10-30-2004, 12:59 AM
Hahaha...

FORD
10-30-2004, 01:20 AM
CNN; THE CLINTON NEWS NETWORK

You obviously haven't watched them lately. They're as bad as FAUX anymore. Sometimes actually even worse. Mysterious satellite problems whenever anti-BCE viewpoints are being spoken, for example. At least FAUX admits it when they cut a microphone.

Censored state media lying bastards.

HELLVIS
10-30-2004, 01:23 AM
I quit getting info from CNN long ago. I get all my info from LUCKYWILBURY now. He gets his info from....well you know....

Switch84
10-30-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Pink Spider
These are some of the most absurd and sickest comments I've ever heard. You're comparing gays to murderers and rapists? Your mental processes are seriously fucked up. Apparently hate is a learned behavior also.

As Sesh has pointed out several times, if you weren't born here there's a good chance that you wouldn't be in your current religion. Religion (specifically a religion like Christianity) is a perfect example of learned behavior. That's a given, unlike your theories.

:p I could say the same thing about your absurd and sick comments about religion. Do you not think murdering /raping/etc are not behaviors? There's no 'murdering gene' just like there's no 'worshipping' gene. Free will is granted to everyone, whether they freely chose to pray (or not), kill (or not), hate (or not) and even be homosexual (or not.) One of my closet and dearest relatives (who's gay) told me he PREFERS MEN: He's no spineless coward that tries to hide behind the 'can't help myself' jive. He accepts and is proud of his choice of sexuality. To quote him, he said "Girl, I KNOW what I like and I wasn't born this way! I like dick, plain and simple. I wish other gay folks would stop playing the helpless to their desires role. I choose my lovers just like I choose my clothes...what I like and how long I want to style it."

How you CHOOSE to live is on you, and the consequences of that choice will be on you, too.

FORD
10-30-2004, 02:53 PM
One of my closet and dearest relatives (who's gay)

I'm assuming that was a typo :D

Switch84
10-30-2004, 03:35 PM
:p I could say the same thing about your absurd and sick comments about religion. Do you not think murdering /raping/etc are not behaviors? There's no 'murdering gene' just like there's no 'worshipping' gene. Free will is granted to everyone, whether they freely chose to pray (or not), kill (or not), hate (or not) and even be homosexual (or not.) One of my CLOSEST and dearest relatives (who's gay) told me he PREFERS MEN: He's no spineless coward that tries to hide behind the 'can't help myself' jive. He accepts and is proud of his choice of sexuality. To quote him, he said "Girl, I KNOW what I like and I wasn't born this way! I like dick, plain and simple. I wish other gay folks would stop playing the helpless to their desires role. I choose my lovers just like I choose my clothes...what I like and how long I want to style it."

How you CHOOSE to live is on you, and the consequences of that choice will be on you, too.

ELVIS
10-30-2004, 04:23 PM
:p I could say the same thing about your absurd and sick comments about religion. Do you not think murdering /raping/etc are not behaviors? There's no 'murdering gene' just like there's no 'worshipping' gene. Free will is granted to everyone, whether they freely chose to pray (or not), kill (or not), hate (or not) and even be homosexual (or not.) One of my closet and dearest relatives (who's gay) told me he PREFERS MEN: He's no spineless coward that tries to hide behind the 'can't help myself' jive. He accepts and is proud of his choice of sexuality. To quote him, he said "Girl, I KNOW what I like and I wasn't born this way! I like dick, plain and simple. I wish other gay folks would stop playing the helpless to their desires role. I choose my lovers just like I choose my clothes...what I like and how long I want to style it."

Nice...;)

Pink Spider
10-30-2004, 07:09 PM
:p I could say the same thing about your absurd and sick comments about religion.

But, I didn't originally compare them to murderers and rapists. I have nothing against religious people or their choices. I usually leave them alone and let them go about their business.

Do you not think murdering /raping/etc are not behaviors? There's no 'murdering gene' just like there's no 'worshipping' gene.

I disagree. I would be willing to guess that there's a 'murder gene' or 'hunting gene' run amok deep down that was necessary for human survival for so many thousands of years. It has rightly so, been suppressed through conditioning. Still you have the occasional psycho. Worshipping though, has almost always been around. But, I would think that it's more the "belong in the group" gene and that's why people get so pissed off if you don't believe or do the same thing that they do.

Free will is granted to everyone, whether they freely chose to pray (or not), kill (or not), hate (or not) and even be homosexual (or not.)

I believe in a free will. I just don't believe that it's granted, but more or less taken. It's overcoming society, religion and conditioning to make something more of ourselves even if it is deemed "bad" or outside of the box by society's moral standards of the moment.

Perhaps everything is choice or perhaps everything is genetic and some people are more susceptible to giving in to something than others. Who knows.

madraoul
10-30-2004, 08:08 PM
Keep your eyes on the real prize. If this election is all about religion, then the republic is lost.

Switch84
10-30-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by madraoul
Keep your eyes on the real prize. If this election is all about religion, then the republic is lost.

;) This entire shit fest of the non-believers mocking and viewing religious folk as weak-minded is a joke, because this is all about two rich, spoiled brats fighting over a toy...the United States of America!

Bush: I'm keeping her (America!)
Kerry: You've had your turn! It's MY turn now! Teresa says I deserve it and she's gonna buy it for me!

BUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!

madraoul
10-30-2004, 10:41 PM
I totally agree. I don't feel either one of these guys have America's best interest at heart.

scorpioboy33
10-31-2004, 09:42 PM
Cathedral your a joke....
Can a liberal be a christian...YES
Can someone who has shut the fuck up under their avatar be a christian?
Wack Job!

scorpioboy33
10-31-2004, 09:49 PM
Just a question Cathedral...do you refer to Homosexuals as Dikes and Fags?

Cathedral
11-01-2004, 12:25 AM
No, i don't refer to them at all if i can help it.

Now fuck off asshole, YOU have no right to judge me in the first place.

scorpioboy33
11-01-2004, 02:50 AM
might christian of you douche!...red neck..mullit headed..okee!

HELLVIS
11-01-2004, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by scorpioboy33
Just a question Cathedral...do you refer to Homosexuals as Dikes and Fags?

I do. I happen to be friends with several gay men and women. I also have several clients who are openly gay. Some of them use these terminologies, others find them to be offensive. I do not use them around those who it clearly offends. It is much like the word ******. There are many blacks who use it rather freely. However, MOST find the word appalling. Know to whom you speak, before you speak.

Seshmeister
11-01-2004, 10:31 AM

When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Leviticus 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. How should I deal with this?

I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as stated in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Leviticus 15:19-24). The problem is, how can I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

Leviticus 25:44 states that I may buy slaves from the nations that are around us. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify?

I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

A friend of mine says that even though eating shellfish is an abomination (Leviticus 10:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

Leviticus 20:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. My local pastor wears reading glasses I take it he's going to hell.

Leviticus was a clueless prick who wrote the one anti homo line in the bible that a bunch of uptight bigots, many of whom who are uncomfortable with their sexuality, try to cling on to.

Cheers!

:gulp:

BigBadBrian
11-01-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister

I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as stated in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

What's the going rate for a hooker in Glasgow or Edinburgh? Your daughter is a little young though, isn't she? You may want to wait a few years. You'll make a few more Euros that way.

Leviticus 25:44 states that I may buy slaves from the nations that are around us. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify?

Ask Angel, she's a Canuck. She may be able to help you out on the hooker problem also. :gulp:

Switch84
11-01-2004, 11:09 AM
I do. I happen to be friends with several gay men and women. I also have several clients who are openly gay. Some of them use these terminologies, others find them to be offensive. I do not use them around those who it clearly offends. It is much like the word ******. There are many blacks who use it rather freely. However, MOST find the word appalling. Know to whom you speak, before you speak.

:D I feel ya, Hellvis! I hear my gay friends and family members calling each other 'fuckin' faggot' all of the time, yet if I said that to them, they'd freak. HYPOCRACY! I'm on the old end of Generation X, and I would've been torn a new asshole by my older relatives if I used the word, '******', yet the young 'uns think it's cool. HYPOCRACY!

FYI, Hellvis Baby: The form of the racist epithet used by some (obviously ignorant of the hate and pain behind the word) black folks is 'NIGGA'. It doesn't matter which way its dressed up...it's hateful and I don't like it.

HELLVIS
11-01-2004, 11:26 AM
Don't get me started on NIGGA. I think it is exactly the same as ******, just pronounced in a lazy way. Have you heard anyone say, "Holla if ya hear me.", or "looza....winna....bigga....sista, brotha" etc.? Well hell yes you have.

holla=holler
ya=you
looza=loser
winna=winner
bigga=bigger
sista=sister
brotha=brother
NIGGA=******

ELVIS
11-01-2004, 11:32 AM
I think Switchypoo agrees with you...:D

HELLVIS
11-01-2004, 11:37 AM
Of course!

FORD
11-01-2004, 11:41 AM
Yo! ho! yo nigga! yo nigga! no nigga!
Check it out
How can you say to me yo my nigga
Cursin' up a storm with your finger on a trigger
Feelin' all the girls like a big gold digger
Take a small problem
Make a small problem bigger
Yo I ain't poor I got dough
Don't consider me your brother no more
Goddamn kilogram, how do you figure
I don't want to be called yo nigga
Yo nigga
Hey
Yo nigga
I try to make my statements
Stick like flypaper
Judge says to me yo nigga sign these goddamn papers
My boss told me yo nigga you're fired
Yo nigga this, yo nigga that
I know you're a nigga now 'cause your head got fat
Flava framalama boy you won't figure
I don't wanna be called yo nigga
Yo nigga
Break it down
N.I.G.G.E.R.
Nigga Nigga Nigga Nigga Nigga Nigga Nigga
Everybody sayin' it
Everybody playin' it rolling on the scales
'Cause everybody's weighin' it
Toby say yo I be good nigga
Let me get a shovel make a good digger
I don't care how small or bigger
I don't want to be called yo nigga
Yo nigga...

Switch84
11-01-2004, 11:41 AM
Don't get me started on NIGGA. I think it is exactly the same as ******, just pronounced in a lazy way. Have you heard anyone say, "Holla if ya hear me.", or "looza....winna....bigga....sista, brotha" etc.? Well hell yes you have.

holla=holler
ya=you
looza=loser
winna=winner
bigga=bigger
sista=sister
brotha=brother
NIGGA=******

:D LOL!!! Sometimes when I'm taking the train, I listen to folks talk and I'm clueless. I usually have my young nieces and nephews translate. Slang isn't new, but at least it was cool (70s/80s) and could be understood by anybody.

I laughed at how Jesus was ghettoized on t-shirts and hats after the huge success of "The Passion of the Christ"; kids (and some adults) were wearing "JESUS IS MY HOMEBOY" tees.

YUCK

FORD
11-01-2004, 11:45 AM
:D LOL!!! Sometimes when I'm taking the train, I listen to folks talk and I'm clueless. I usually have my young nieces and nephews translate. Slang isn't new, but at least it was cool (70s/80s) and could be understood by anybody.

I laughed at how Jesus was ghettoized on t-shirts and hats after the huge success of "The Passion of the Christ"; kids (and some adults) were wearing "JESUS IS MY HOMEBOY" tees.

YUCK

I never have actually seen it in a Christian book store, but supposedly a few years back there was a "hip hop" Bible in development where Jesus dies in a drive by shooting rather than a crucifixion, and the disciples were referred to as his "posse"

Yo, JC in the Hizzouse!!:cool:

HELLVIS
11-01-2004, 01:12 PM
...and JC said, " Look there's young Mary Mag. Everybody say HEY HO, HEY HO"...

knuckleboner
11-01-2004, 01:48 PM
My boss told me yo nigga you're fired
Yo nigga this, yo nigga that
I know you're a nigga now 'cause your head got fat

i swear you're missing a line here, FORD. i'm pretty the follow up to "boss told me you nigga you're fired" is, "cause my body told me, 'yo nigga you're tired...'"

(KB #1 gets the job done...;))

FORD
11-01-2004, 02:06 PM
i swear you're missing a line here, FORD. i'm pretty the follow up to "boss told me you nigga you're fired" is, "cause my body told me, 'yo nigga you're tired...'"

(KB #1 gets the job done...;))

You are absolutely correct....

Damn internet lyric sites :mad:

Switch84
11-01-2004, 03:34 PM
:monekyl: I am not surprised about a 'Snoop Dogg' version of the Bible, y'all. If these trifling motherfuckers would appreciate and take advantage of the knowledge available to them there would be no need for a "hood rat" version of the Word! Bill Cosby was RIGHT, folks!

Them street hustlers was straight trippin' ovah JC flippin' da script in
da Temple, yo! He was tearin' shit up, cussin' mufuckahs out and shit!

"How many times do I gotta tell yawl stoopid mufuckahs not to be slingin' shit in my Old Man's crib, BEEYOTCH! Get da fuck outta heerre befoe I bust a cap in yo bitch-ass!"

A Hip Hop telling of Jesus tossing the money changers out of the Temple.....SAD!

LMAO! That was hard to do, Rothaholics! In some twisted, sad way, some folks may actually prefer reading it like that!

scorpioboy33
11-01-2004, 07:39 PM

holla=holler
ya=you
looza=loser
winna=winner
bigga=bigger
sista=sister
brotha=brother
NIGGA=******

Helvis...thats actually very cool....I feel the same whay I just never seen this kind of exp. thanks :)

knuckleboner
11-02-2004, 12:16 AM

eh...i'd probably agree with that.

but, is it because he wants to weaken us so we're easier to attack? (well...ok, don't answer that :D) or is it because he hopes to influence our policies to get us to back out of the middle east?

WTC #1 was planned under H.W. and executed under clinton. cole and the embassy bombings were planned and executed under clinton. 9/11 was planned under clinton and executed under bush.

they didn't care about which party was stronger or weaker. because under either party, we were still involved in the middle east.

my guess is that spain was what they're looking for. not to influence an election for election's sake. nor to make it easier to attack. but to get us to actually reduce (and eliminate) our influence in the middle east.

as long as we're there, we're the big dog, and the fanatical thugs have less likelihood of getting or maintaining power. (which is why i'm completely for us staying involved in the middle east.)

besides, neither candidate will pull us completely out of the middle east.

Seshmeister
11-02-2004, 01:58 AM
The Spain thing was bad for all of us but you have to understand that their government lied to them about who did it and then tried to cover it up.

If Bush had told you it was Iraq that had attacked on 9-11 rather than Saudi how would you feel...

Ok bad example.

Cheers!

:gulp: