PDA

View Full Version : FORD In Florida!?!?!

Sgt Schultz
10-27-2004, 04:01 PM
Man Accused of Trying to Run Down Harris

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20041027/capt.mh10110271647.harris_assault_mh101.jpg

SARASOTA, Fla. - A man identified as Barry M. Seltzer told police he was "exercising my political expression" when he was arrested Wednesday on charges he nearly ran down Rep. Katherine Harris and a group of her supporters with his car.

Witnesses told police a silver Cadillac sped through an intersection and hurtled onto a sidewalk, heading straight toward Harris before swerving at the last minute and driving off.

The Republican congresswoman told police she froze with fear as the vehicle sped toward her Tuesday evening, authorities said.

Witnesses gave the car's license plate number to police, who tracked it to Barry M. Seltzer, 46, a registered Democrat. He went to a police station early Wednesday and complained that Harris' supporters had impeded traffic.

"I intimidated them with my car," he was quoted as telling police. "I was exercising my political expression."

He was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon — which in Florida can cover attempted as well as actual assault — and held without bail. The charge carries up to 30 years in prison.

There was no immediate comment from Harris, who is seeking a second term.

As Florida secretary of state during the 2000 presidential election, Harris was vilified by Democrats for overseeing the recount that gave the presidency to George W. Bush by 537 votes. She went on to win election to Congress in 2002 and is running against Sarasota lawyer Jan Schneider, who lost to Harris two years ago.

Harris press secretary Jessica Furst was at the intersection, about a mile from Seltzer's home, and said 10 or 15 supporters were carrying campaign signs. She said she did not see the oncoming car.

Furst said that Harris told her "she thought it was truly an unfortunate incident." She called it a minor issue and said Harris was focusing on her campaign.

ODShowtime
10-27-2004, 04:29 PM
Looks like FL police exercised some political expression on his face...

interesting story Schultz

FORD
10-27-2004, 04:45 PM
Nope. Not me.

I wouldn't have missed the fucking treasonous lying fascist cunt.

ELVIS
10-27-2004, 04:49 PM
Spoken like a true christian...:rolleyes:

FORD
10-27-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Spoken like a true christian...:rolleyes:

I think God would forgive me for doing a service to my country by eliminating the whore that helped destroy it.

Guitar Shark
10-27-2004, 04:54 PM
I don't believe FORD has ever claimed to be a Christian, although I've heard him say that he tries to live by Christian values.
He certainly doesn't preach Christianity to anyone.

ELVIS
10-27-2004, 04:54 PM
I think you're insane...

Warham
10-27-2004, 05:24 PM
Tsk tsk tsk.

Even Jesus didn't refer to the prostitute in the street as a whore.

I see true Christian values don't like to come out in this forum.

ODShowtime
10-27-2004, 05:36 PM
Well, remember who this site is dedicated to. DLR isn't exactly Christianity's poster child.

Frankly I'm surprised at the level of faith and biblical knowledge in this forum... not that there's anything wrong with that.

Warham
10-27-2004, 05:41 PM
You are, eh?

I did quite a bit of biblical study a few years ago.

Don't know about the others in the forum, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

ODShowtime
10-27-2004, 05:44 PM
It shows Warham, you appear to be quite knowledgable in that area. That and sports are off limits for me.

Please don't take my post the wrong way everyone. I'm merely stating that I would think a DLR board would be more frequented by people of looser morals over all. But the religious folks in here are opposite of me in many respects, which we all agree makes for a better forum.

Warham
10-27-2004, 05:55 PM
Ha, funny you should mention sports.

My wife makes fun of me for being able to recite player statistics on command.

And who says I don't have loose morals? :D

wraytw
10-27-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
I'm merely stating that I would think a DLR board would be more frequented by people of looser morals over all.

Huh?

Could you elaborate on that?

JCOOK
10-27-2004, 07:00 PM
I have studied and contiue to study biblical as well as history in general.... Nice mug shot Ford!

ODShowtime
10-27-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by JCOOK
I have studied and contiue to study biblical as well as history in general.... Nice mug shot Ford!

We all should study more history biblical or otherwise.

lms2
10-27-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
We all should study more history biblical or otherwise.

Some people study history... others make it!

wraytw
10-27-2004, 07:12 PM
"I may not go down in history, but I'll go down on your sister!"

lms2
10-27-2004, 07:14 PM
how did i just KNOW someone was gonna say that! :D LMAO

diamondD
10-28-2004, 08:54 AM
Actually, FORD really wouldn't need a car to do any damage...;)