PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Here In An 80's Or 90's Band?

JCOOK
10-28-2004, 02:19 AM
How did you do ....we were pretty horrible... paid to play Gazzari's that was it.:D

ZahZoo
10-28-2004, 11:14 AM
I was in several 70's and 80's bands back in the 70's & 80's. We did good played everything from backyard parties, Jr & Senior High dances, weddings, benefits, radio promotions, etc... on up into the major clubs in the San Francisco bay area...

Biggest audiences: 1978 Spring fair in Santa Cruz opening act for Edgar Winter Group about 26,000 people... Opening in 84 for The Outlaws & Marshall Tucker band audiences ranging from 10-20,000. Strangest gig was playing for the 25th anniversary of the Oakland, Ca chapter of the Hell Angels at thier private clubhouse... I saw nothing... ;)

JCOOK
10-28-2004, 11:29 PM
Our stangest gig was the "Treehouse Nudist Colony" in San Bernardino, Ca. We were house band for about a year and a half. I saw alot

ODShowtime
10-29-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by JCOOK
Our stangest gig was the "Treehouse Nudist Colony" in San Bernardino, Ca. We were house band for about a year and a half. I saw alot

If you're telling the truth, that's one of the coolest gigs ever! (not that I think you lie, just that that is pretty outrageous!)

my band played at climbnasium once. that was weird.

JCOOK
10-29-2004, 05:55 PM
It was cool but alot of those people should have kept their clothes on.I remember the first time we played ther ,they had a stage that faced all the recreation areas, it was weird seeing hundreds of people...all different ages,dancing ,swimming playing tennis and tether ball all naked.