PDA

View Full Version : I'm wearing a GOP shirt, Kick Me...

Big Train
10-31-2004, 12:29 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=548&u=/ap/20041030/ap_on_el_ge/politics_student_kicked_1&printer=1

Colo. Teacher Sorry for Kicking Student

Sat Oct 30, 4:49 PM ET

DURANGO, Colo. - A part-time college instructor has apologized for kicking a student because he was wearing a Republican shirt.

Fort Lewis College student Mark O'Donnell said he was showing people his College Republicans sweat shirt, which said "Work for us now ... or work for us later," when Maria Spero kicked him in the leg at an off-campus restaurant.

Spero then said "she should have kicked me harder and higher," said O'Donnell. "To physically take that out on someone because you disagree with them, that is completely wrong."

Spero, a visiting instructor of modern languages, apologized to O'Donnell in a letter dated Oct. 29.

"I acted entirely inappropriately by kicking you, giving vent to a thoughtless knee-jerk political reaction that should never have happened," she wrote. "Before the incident, I did not know you and that you are a Fort Lewis student."

The college also formally apologized, said David Eppich, assistant to the school's president.

O'Donnell said the apology wasn't enough and he plans to file a complaint with the college.

The only phone number listed in Durango for the surname Spero was constantly busy Saturday.

Durango police did not immediately return a call seeking comment.

Lou
10-31-2004, 12:48 PM
I know that people around here are purposely defacing Bush/Cheney lawn signs which is pathetic. And I don't think it's 18 year olds doing it as this isn't a neighborhood with a lot of kids, it's probably adults which is doubly pathetic. No one defaces the Kerry/Edwards lawn signs.

I think they just know they're gonna lose and they're pissed off about it.

Big Train
10-31-2004, 01:04 PM
Out here in LA, they had something on the news yesterday about it. People in OC setting up their cams on their signs and seeing adult women coming by during the day defacing and/or removing them. It's pure childish bullshit...

FORD
10-31-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Lou
I know that people around here are purposely defacing Kerry/Edwards lawn signs which is pathetic. And I don't think it's 18 year olds doing it as this isn't a neighborhood with a lot of kids, it's probably adults which is doubly pathetic. No one defaces the Chimp/Go Fuck Yourself lawn signs.

I think they just know they're gonna lose and they're pissed off about it.

Well, actually there are NO Chimp/Go Fuck Yourself signs around here :)

ODShowtime
10-31-2004, 02:14 PM
Stupid people belong to both parties. There's plenty to go around.

Switch84
10-31-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
Stupid people belong to both parties. There's plenty to go around.

:D Here's a high '5' for ya, OD!

Viking
10-31-2004, 08:10 PM
I'm disappointed the kid didn't give the trollop the back of his hand. Hey, self-defense. I don't play that 'Don't hit me, I'm a woman' shit when they think they can throw down with impugnity. Let her think about it while she's getting an alginate mold of her mouthdone for the front teeth she lost.

McCarrens
10-31-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Well, actually there are NO Chimp/Go Fuck Yourself signs around here :)

There goes Ford, using his faulty logic again...

HELLVIS
11-01-2004, 10:22 AM
Funny, many people teach their sons not to hit girls ( as I also teach mine ). What many people fail to do is teach their girls not to hit boys. I have warned my daughter about that, citing an incident which happed to me in high school. A girl at school called me a name. I have never been one to be outdone, so I dished out the best comeback of all time. This left her furious as well as speechless. As everyone around laughed she drew her foot back and kicked me right in the banana and plums. What happened next looked like the ending of ROCKY 2. As I started to double over, I unleashed a hard right hook that knocked her out cold.
Moral of the story, if you want to act like the boys, you may be treated like the boys.

HELLVIS
11-01-2004, 10:29 AM
Oh, and the insult......

You hag. You bag. You sleazy slimy slut.
Fungus grows between your tits and maggots crawl out your butt.
Before I'd kiss your syphilis lips or suck your festering tits,
I'd drink a pint of wino puke and die of drizzling shits!