PDA

View Full Version : Bush was wrong John Kerry has done much more in the senate in 20 years

4moreyears
11-02-2004, 03:05 PM
Setting the Record Straight

It makes sense to keep refreshing one's memory regarding the Kerry record.

In the debates, President Bush said that John Kerry had written only five bills that became law.

Senator Kerry said that 56 laws he had written (or co-written) had passed.

President Bush was incorrect - there seem to be eleven that became law. Mr. Bush should correct the record. If there were 56 that passed in the Senate, only 11 of them were actually passed by both houses of Congress and signed by a President.

Here are the eleven, all vital to the nation:

99th Congress:
1. A concurrent resolution expressing solidarity with the Sakharov family

100th Congress:
None

101st Congress:
2. A joint resolution designating a week in Oct 1989 as "World Population Awareness week"

102nd Congress:"
3. Another joint resolution designating week in Oct 1999 as "World Population Awareness week.
4. A joint resolution designating Nov 13, 1992 as "Vietnam Veterans Memorial
10th Anniversary Day"
5. A Joint resolution designating September 18, 1992 as "National POW/MIA recognition day"
6. A bill to authorize appropriations to carry out the National Sea Grant College Program Act

103rd Congress:
7. A bill to re-designate a federal Building as the "Frederick C. Murphy Federal Center"
8. A bill to authorize appropriations for the Marine Mammal Protection act

104th Congress:
None

105th Congress:
None

106th Congress:
9. A bill to amend the Small Business Act with respect to the Women's business center program

107th Congress:
10. A bill to reauthorize the Small Business Technology Transfer program

108th Congress:
11. A bill to award a congressional gold medal to Jackie Robinson.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is Senator Kerry's record of achievement in his 20 years in the U.S. Senate. No wonder he doesn't want to talk about it.

Big Train
11-02-2004, 05:32 PM
Saved me ten minutes work...thank you very much kind sir...

4moreyears
11-02-2004, 05:34 PM
u r welcome train.

Warham
11-02-2004, 05:39 PM
He did do ALOT of windsurfing during those those twenty years!

Give him a few points for that.

Nickdfresh
11-02-2004, 05:44 PM
You can go back and selectively edit and nit-pick all you want. We'll see how Kerry is as President in a few short months.

Warham
11-02-2004, 05:46 PM
He won't be able to accomplish anything.

He definately will not be able to get any legislation through, because the House and Senate are supposed to pick up more Republican seats.

He's a one-termer if elected today.

ODShowtime
11-02-2004, 05:47 PM
I don't see how you can compare the job of senator to the job of president. I think it's pretty pointless.

4moreyears
11-02-2004, 06:03 PM
when someone is saying I want the American people to put me in the most powerful office in the world, you have to have something to compare him to. If it is not his senate record what then his pre-senate record? Lets not be stupid.

Big Train
11-02-2004, 06:07 PM
Selective editing? It is what it is, it is not up for interpretation or revision.

OD, he wants to be the leader of ALL the US states. He is currently a leader of ONE of them and has let them down horribly over the last twenty years.He hasn't even shown up this friggin year to do the job he was already elected to do. It is ENTIRELY accurate to compare them.

BigBadBrian
11-02-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by 4moreyears
Setting the Record Straight

It makes sense to keep refreshing one's memory regarding the Kerry record.

In the debates, President Bush said that John Kerry had written only five bills that became law.

Senator Kerry said that 56 laws he had written (or co-written) had passed.

President Bush was incorrect - there seem to be eleven that became law. Mr. Bush should correct the record. If there were 56 that passed in the Senate, only 11 of them were actually passed by both houses of Congress and signed by a President.

Here are the eleven, all vital to the nation:

99th Congress:
1. A concurrent resolution expressing solidarity with the Sakharov family

100th Congress:
None

101st Congress:
2. A joint resolution designating a week in Oct 1989 as "World Population Awareness week"

102nd Congress:"
3. Another joint resolution designating week in Oct 1999 as "World Population Awareness week.
4. A joint resolution designating Nov 13, 1992 as "Vietnam Veterans Memorial
10th Anniversary Day"
5. A Joint resolution designating September 18, 1992 as "National POW/MIA recognition day"
6. A bill to authorize appropriations to carry out the National Sea Grant College Program Act

103rd Congress:
7. A bill to re-designate a federal Building as the "Frederick C. Murphy Federal Center"
8. A bill to authorize appropriations for the Marine Mammal Protection act

104th Congress:
None

105th Congress:
None

106th Congress:
9. A bill to amend the Small Business Act with respect to the Women's business center program

107th Congress:
10. A bill to reauthorize the Small Business Technology Transfer program

108th Congress:
11. A bill to award a congressional gold medal to Jackie Robinson.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is Senator Kerry's record of achievement in his 20 years in the U.S. Senate. No wonder he doesn't want to talk about it.

Very good. Good job. If it's OK with you, I'll "borrow" this info and use it at another board. :gulp:

ODShowtime
11-02-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Big Train
He hasn't even shown up this friggin year to do the job he was already elected to do.

how many senators show up for work every day? how many show up for 50%? Kerry isn't alone in playing hooky. This is an unmeaningful statistic.

Big Train
11-02-2004, 06:16 PM
Cause everybody else fucks off, I should too? Is this how you operate at work? I hope not..

ODShowtime
11-02-2004, 06:19 PM
You can't put him down as a senator if every senator has a similar entedance record. Be truthful, do you have any idea of the average attendance in the US Senate?

FORD
11-02-2004, 06:21 PM
Any ONE of those things is more than George Bush Jr or Dick Cheney have accomplished in their entire FAILURE filled lives.

BigBadBrian
11-02-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
how many senators show up for work every day? how many show up for 50%?

I damn well expect mine to be there more than 50% of the time.

ODShowtime
11-02-2004, 06:29 PM
I'm sure you have lots of expectations. Reality check: Senators don't show up for work every day.

Warham
11-02-2004, 06:32 PM
Kerry doesn't show up for work 95% of the time, 45% less than most other Senators.

ODShowtime
11-02-2004, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Warham
Kerry doesn't show up for work 95% of the time

Is that this year, or averaged during his 20 year career? Or just randomly picked and spewed out?

Warham
11-02-2004, 06:44 PM
No OD, it's just a wildly speculative partisan attack. There's no reason necessary when you spin wild attacks against the other side.

ODShowtime
11-02-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Warham
No OD, it's just a wildly speculative partisan attack. There's no reason necessary when you spin wild attacks against the other side.

I was asking you a serious question as I highly doubt Kerry was that bad his entire career. I can definitely believe it this year as Senators are always have bad attendence during presidential campaigns.

I put in that last sentence more as a stab at the media.

For what it's worth Warham, you have a reputation in my eyes of presenting nonbiased information.

Big Train
11-02-2004, 07:01 PM
I believe it is about 80% this year, which I find unaccepatable for anyone, on either side of the fence. Do the job you were hired to do first, then worry about hustling after, just like everyone else.

Warham
11-02-2004, 07:04 PM
I do? Why thanks, OD. I'll try to live up to that.