PDA

View Full Version : Dick Morris Calls for Probe Into Exit Poll 'Scandal'

Viking
11-03-2004, 06:59 PM
Renowned pollster Dick Morris is calling for an investigation into early exit polls run by the Associated Press that wrongly called the election results for John Kerry and sent the stock market spiraling downward.

"Exit polls are almost impossible to get wrong this way," Morris said in a column posted to the New York Post's Web site early Wednesday morning.

Because exit polls are based on interviews with people who have just cast their ballots, says Morris, they've always been considered the gold standard of polling.

"That an exit poll is always right is an axiom of politics. It is easier to assume that a compass is not pointing north than to assume that an exit poll is incorrect."

Morris pointed to possible corruption as the reason why early exit polls showed Bush losing all but one of the battleground states by 2- and 3-point margins.

"It takes a deliberate act of fraud and bias to get an exit poll wrong. Since the variables of whether or not a person will actually vote are eliminated in exit polling, it is like peeking at the answer before taking the test."

"The fact that they were so totally, disastrously wrong is a national scandal," the former White House pollster said.

He called for "a national investigation to unearth the story behind the bias."

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/11/3/100344.shtml

DLR'sCock
11-03-2004, 07:05 PM
Other exit polls including Zogby(which leans repuke) called it for Kerry too........

But then again, there are millions of ballots that were cast on electronic voting machines with no paper trail.....no proof...no nothing....

ELVIS
11-03-2004, 07:09 PM
It's not about proof, you little cock, It's about interviewing actual voters...

Read the article...

Big Train
11-03-2004, 07:12 PM
It really depends on the size of the sample taken vs. the amount of electronic and other types of non-polling place ballots overall. He does raise some interesting questions.....

DLR'sCock
11-03-2004, 07:20 PM
I felt before the election that the voting ballot for President should be federally mandated and user friendly for all voters.....electronic voting machines should produce a paper trail, a receipt for the voter, and and paper record for the board of elections.....and of course there would be the electronic database copy as well......

But, it doesn't matter whehter I or others speculate that there might have been corruption or not, it's done. It just seems odd that the results of the exit polling, and there was more than one source, and the fianl outcome was so different....

Repukes, enjoy your next 4 years of rule again, you fucked everythin up, don't make it worse....

Of course, the worst is the inevitable Supreme Court Appointments....

Welcome to the Evangelical States of America 100 million out 280 million people and growing....

ELVIS
11-03-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by DLR'sCock
I felt

That's your main prolem, right there...:D

Viking
11-03-2004, 07:52 PM
Holy shit, ROTFLMFAO@ELVIS.....:D :D :D :D :D

bueno bob
11-03-2004, 07:55 PM
If we actually had to go to polls and somebody stopped me for an exit poll, I'd lie just because I fucking COULD.

I wonder how many out there are like-minded...no scandal here, just straw-grasping and sour grapes.

Viking
11-03-2004, 08:18 PM
Hey, I actually got two write-in votes for county school board. My squaw and I think I could do a bang-up job....:killer:

BigBadBrian
11-03-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
If we actually had to go to polls and somebody stopped me for an exit poll, I'd lie just because I fucking COULD.

I wonder how many out there are like-minded...no scandal here, just straw-grasping and sour grapes.

I've read on other boards where some people did lie to exit poll people just to fuck with them. Hell, I've lied to people on phone polls before. I got phone-polled before and told'em I was voting for Howie Dean! :D

bueno bob
11-03-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
I've read on other boards where some people did lie to exit poll people just to fuck with them. Hell, I've lied to people on phone polls before. I got phone-polled before and told'em I was voting for Howie Dean! :D

Well, just proof positive then...exit polls are unreliable.

Just because I like the picture.