PDA

View Full Version : arafat breaking news!

Jano
11-04-2004, 07:37 AM
Arafat is in the coma and he 's doing very bad,a french doctor just say !

John Ashcroft
11-04-2004, 07:47 AM
Ahhh... That's just awful!

Jano
11-04-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft
Ahhh... That's just awful!
Hello john, peterson is kicking some ass with the sooner that's fucking awsome.Don't tell everybody i'm a die hard sooner'french fan,what a crazy world it's? don't you think?:D

ELVIS
11-04-2004, 10:55 AM
Me think!

Jano
11-04-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Me think!
Hello Elvis,nice to see you my friend!you're the only Bush's voter that's talking nicely to a french lately.That's great!!

ELVIS
11-04-2004, 11:09 AM
I love all people...:D

Jano
11-04-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
I love all people...:D
I know we need more people like you!

ELVIS
11-04-2004, 11:18 AM
:elvis:

frenchie
11-04-2004, 11:32 AM
ARAFAT IS DEAD, ANNOUNCED BY FRENCH RADIO

ELVIS
11-04-2004, 11:39 AM
Hmmm...

aesop
11-04-2004, 11:42 AM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=578&ncid=578&e=1&u=/nm/20041104/ts_nm/mideast_arafat_dc

Arafat Reported Clinically Dead; Qurie Denies

FORD
11-04-2004, 12:09 PM
Story doesn't seem to be confirmed yet, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time in either case.

Not that it changes a thing with the other two terrorists still in power :(

Nickdfresh
11-04-2004, 12:55 PM
Arafat was a Douchebag. But considering that he never really attacked America's interests during his long terrorist career, I find it interesting that people here follow his illness and probable death with such relish. I consider myself to be pro-Israel, but it would probably shock some here such as Ashcroft and Elvis that the state of Israel was founded using terrorist methods such as bombing and assassination attacks against the British troops occupying Palestine and the indigenous Arabs. I guess one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

Nickdfresh
11-04-2004, 01:04 PM
CNN- Reports that aides close to Arafat deny he is dead or is brain dead, but his condition continues to deteriorate. A French Military Hospital spokesman has also said Arafat remains alive, but was transferred to an intensive care ward and is in serious trouble.

Jano
11-04-2004, 02:51 PM
I guess with did a good job,we killed the sucker!!
Sorry i don't like the man!!!

Warham
11-04-2004, 02:52 PM
Arafat couldn't take it after hearing that Bush had gotten re-elected.

May God bless his Palastinian soul.

frenchie
11-04-2004, 02:56 PM
palestinian need a land
israel need peace

Jano
11-04-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by frenchie
palestinian need a land
israel need peace
Bonsoir frenchie comment vas-tu?

Jesus Christ
11-04-2004, 02:58 PM
Arafat will get a fair judgment like anyone else in My court.

Jesus Christ
11-04-2004, 03:00 PM
palestinian need a land
israel need peace

That is true, My son. As a Jew who was born in Bethlehem, which is now Palestine, I consider both of them to be My people. :(

frenchie
11-04-2004, 03:01 PM
salut jano, ca va bien?
moi, ca va
peut etre nous sommes nous croise un jour sans savoir qui nous etions.
je vais regarder les 20 ans de canal
a plus

Nickdfresh
11-04-2004, 05:45 PM
salut jano, ca va bien?
moi, ca va
peut etre nous sommes nous croise un jour sans savoir qui nous etions.
je vais regarder les 20 ans de canal
a plus

Vive' la France!

Switch84
11-04-2004, 05:52 PM
;) Is he dead yet?

frenchie
11-04-2004, 05:55 PM
vive la france

ODShowtime
11-04-2004, 06:01 PM
Israel and Palestinians brace for worst with Arafat brain dead

26 minutes ago Top Stories - AFP

JERUSALEM (AFP) - Leaders on both sides of the Middle East conflict steeled themselves for the end of the Yasser Arafat (news - web sites) era as the vanguard of the Palestinian nationalist struggle for the past four decades lay brain dead in a Paris hospital.

Palestinian officials fiercely denied that Arafat had passed away after Israeli media reported that the 75-year-old had died.

But while French medical sources said Arafat was technically still alive, they added that he was "brain dead" and only breathing with the help of life support machines while in an irreversible coma.

Technically, Arafat is "not dead," one source told AFP on condition of confidentiality. But there was no hope of him leaving his vegetative state and recovering basic bodily functions such as breathing without assistance.

Such artificial care can be "extended for several days or several weeks thanks to the machines," the source said.

Israel's private Channel 2 network and army radio had reported that Arafat had been declared dead at a military hospital in Clamart, southwest of Paris.

But Azzam al-Ahmed, communications minister in the Palestinian cabinet and one of Arafat's closest allies, insisted news of his death was premature.

"It is wrong. If the president was dead, the whole world would know," he told AFP. "But it is true that he is a very critical condition."

Arafat was flown to Paris last Friday for treatment of a blood disorder after being airlifted from the compound in the West Bank town of Ramallah where he had been under effective Israeli house arrest for nearly three years.

Palestinian prime minister Ahmed Qorei had earlier tried to play down the seriousness of Arafat's condition, denying he was in a coma and insisting new test results had been positive.

Qorei had been attending emergency leadership meetings of the Palestine Liberation Organisation and the dominant Fatah (news - web sites) party. Both have been led by Arafat for some four decades, but were chaired Thursday by former premier Mahmud Abbas.

Hundreds of Fatah supporters brandished portraits of Arafat as they took to the streets of Gaza City late Thursday while prayers were said for his welfare.

"We pray to Almighty God for the swift recovery of our president Yasser Arafat so that he can return to his people in good health," said the imam at Gaza's Sheikh Zayid mosque.

Residents in Ramallah were glued to their television sets for updates on the town's famous resident.

"I can't bear the thought he will die for good. He's our national leader, the one and only," said 33-year-old Mohammed Ribhi as his eyes filled with tears.

Amid widespread fears that Arafat's death could trigger chaos on the streets of the West Bank and Gaza Strip (news - web sites), all members of the Palestinian security services were placed on a state of alert Thursday.

"The security forces have been put on a state of alert and all members ordered to be on standby," one senior officer said.

"We have been told to prepare for any activity which is beyond the law and to protect the legitimacy of all the Palestinian institutions."

Members of all the major Palestinian factions, including Fatah and the Islamist movement Hamas, were also due to meet in Gaza City Friday to ensure that the security situation did not unravel there.

Signs of nerves on the Israeli side were also evident as troops in the occupied territories were placed on alert after Defence Minister Shaul Mofaz called a meeting in Tel Aviv attended by the heads of the country's security services.

Israeli public television, meanwhile, reported that army commanders were to urge the government to capitalise on Arafat's demise by working more closely with the Palestinians.

The army has drawn up plans, codenamed "New Page", to deal with all possible eventualities should Arafat die. But officers would also urge the government to coordinate its withdrawal of settlers and troops from the Gaza Strip (news - web sites), due to take place by the end of 2005, with Arafat's successors, the television said.

Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon (news - web sites) has refused all dealings with Arafat since coming to power in 2001, instead confining him to his West Bank headquarters until his dramatic airlift to Paris last Friday.

Arafat's death or permanent incapacitation has the potential to galvanise the Middle East peace process.

Sharon met Abbas on a number of occasions last year before a massive suicide bomb prompted Israel to freeze top-level contacts with the Palestinians.

Arafat has also been snubbed by US President George W. Bush (news - web sites). Asked for his reaction to the reports of Arafat's death, Bush said "God bless his soul".

If palestinians were anything like the majority of Americans right now, arafat could probably still be re-elected president!

wraytw
11-04-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
If palestinians were anything like the majority of Americans right now, arafat could probably still be re-elected president!

Some more nuggets of wisdom? :)

ODShowtime
11-05-2004, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by ODShowtime

Originally posted by wraytw
Some more nuggets of wisdom? :)

yes! you're doing a great job of highlighting my best posts on such a special day. thank you. :)

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2004/ALLPOLITICS/11/04/election.main/top.1616.bush.ap.jpg

wraytw
11-05-2004, 01:07 AM
You're welcome. :)

Ally_Kat
11-05-2004, 01:23 AM
My Palestinian friend is very upset because she says there was no one in line in case something like this happened and she's afraid that there's going to be a huge rash of fighting between the Palestinians and then with Israel.

Seshmeister
11-05-2004, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Arafat was a Douchebag. But considering that he never really attacked America's interests during his long terrorist career, I find it interesting that people here follow his illness and probable death with such relish. I consider myself to be pro-Israel, but it would probably shock some here such as Ashcroft and Elvis that the state of Israel was founded using terrorist methods such as bombing and assassination attacks against the British troops occupying Palestine and the indigenous Arabs. I guess one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

Absolutely.

The guy that went on to be Israel's first president helped place bombs in public places killing indescriminately.

A true terrorist as opposed the modern definition which seems to be someone that disagrees with us or may in the future.

On the other hand Arafat has delivered nothing in 30 years. We were always told that if he wasn't around then the extremists would take over bu I can't see how it could be worse.

Maybe it will work out for the best.

Cheers!

:gulp:

Jano
11-05-2004, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Vive' la France!
IT'S LADIES NIGHT IN BUFFALO ?

Nickdfresh
11-05-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Jano
IT'S LADIES NIGHT IN BUFFALO ?

Always! Dave took bassist Billy Sheean from us but gave us back one of his finest songs! If anyone is interested, try to find the best song produce by Billy Sheean's Buffalo band Talas called "Seesaw." Maybe I'll find it and post it as a link.

Switch84
11-05-2004, 02:52 PM
;) :p L8r for the Dave talk! This is the POLITICAL FORUM!

Is Arafart dead yet?

LMMFAOBT

aesop
11-05-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Absolutely.

A true terrorist as opposed the modern definition which seems to be someone that disagrees with us or may in the future.

:gulp:

You mean like the one's who killed 3,000 people on 9/11? Douchebag.

Seshmeister
11-05-2004, 08:10 PM
No I mean like everyone that's been arrested in the US and UK since, douchebag.