PDA

View Full Version : A Dark Day in America: Bush wins

ODShowtime
11-04-2004, 09:20 AM
A Dark Day in America: Bush wins

Jamie Foxer

11/03/04 "ICH" --Bush's popular vote outcome is not surprising to me. Bush has been always successful in fear mongering the "patriotic" base into loyal submission. That's been a hallmark of his administration. What I'm worried about is how, with all the Fahrenheit 9/11s, all the government leaks, the Paul o' Neils, Richard Holbrookes, Abu-Ghraib's, Al-Qaqaas, the dismal presidential debates (for Bush), the depressed economy, the ballooning of the federal deficit, the loss of millions of jobs, the absolutely Orwellian anti-environmental policy of this administration, the Leave No Child Left Behind initiative (entitled sarcastically by actual teachers as the "No Child Left Alive" act), the smearing of our international reputation like no other administration before, the unnecessary embroilment in Iraq, the fumbling of the ball with respect to finding Osama Bin Laden in Tora Bora, the Patriot Act and curtailment of liberties and so on....

How could the American people vote massively (by a 3-4 million vote margin) to re-elect this fool...this dangerous, arrogant fool? We in the U.S. can look forward to 4 more years of increased reactionary policies in government. With re-election now not an issue for Bush, with the Congress firmly in Republican hands, and with the Supreme Court looking to be shaped for the next decades by Bush, you're going to see some of the most reactionary bills in the history of the United States suddenly be taken off the shelves of Republican think-thanks and pressed on the Congress to be passed quickly and easily. Welcome to Bush's 2nd term!

In one way, I feel relieved. For years, I've tried to state to my friends that it's not just the "government" but "the people". There seems to be an unspoken taboo regarding accusing the American people to be the source of our bad government, but in this case, I think that the adage that a people "deserve the government they elect" proves true. How long are we supposed to look the other way to the fact that a large part of country holds increasingly ignorant and radical-religious views? Who are the voting for? The American people have chosen to ignore all the incredibly abundant signs of corruption and reactionary ultra-conservatism of this administration and have given control of the world's fate to this arrogant Cowboy from Texas, and his crew of corporate-ruled cadres, and neocon imperial fanatics....AGAIN. "Fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, shame on ME". And boy does it seem that we've been fooled! The first time the election was stolen...this time, we gave it to the thief!

Shame on you, American people. You were given a lot of facts and you ignored them, focusing more on whether you liked Bush's "confident" swagger than Kerry's more reserved style. Stylistic issues took precedence over hard facts. My message to Red States and Republicans: I don't want to see a single tear about dead soldiers anywhere on the globe from Red States or Republican families. You've forfeited your right to be legitimately to be angry about our embroilments abroad when you voted for the man who sent your sons/daughters to die unnecessarily. I don't want to hear laments about how we find ourselves still quagmired in Iraq and the President is saber-rattling about starting a War with Iran. I don't want to hear about how you felt uncomfortable in your last trip to pretty much all of Europe, Asia, Africa, or Latin America. I don't want to see a single cry of surprise or outrage if another terrorist attack does occur....we've had ample evidence to prove that Bush's arrogance has proved a recruiting boon for equally angry radical Islamists in the Middle East. We've made that easier for them, and an attack more likely. I don't want to hear a single complaint about gas prices going up or a Republican losing his job or the economy deepening its inequality...you knew who you were electing in this election and you knew his record on the economy. I don't want to hear about another "hero" who has died in foreign lands. If they truly were our heroes, we wouldn't have elected this President, which will assure that they stay in harm's way for more unnecessary reasons and for longer times. If you get searched on some airplane and detained at an airport, don't act indignant that they stopped you (a Republican); instead reflect on how you made it possible for the "big brother" government to continue, and worsen. If you have any integrity left, Republicans and Red States, you will suck up all "second-thoughts" in the Bush 2nd term and spare us, the Democrats, the pain, anger and anguish of having to say, "not only did we TELL YOU SO, you could see it for yourself for the last 4 years!". You knew...damnit, you knew what you were doing...and you still gave power to this dangerous fool.

We deserve the government we elected, we deserve the corruption, fearmongering, and war-waging that will occur in the 2nd term, we deserve every single part. We have nothing more to do than wade through Dante's last circle of hell and hope we come out the other side with some semblance of our Republic.

Wah fuckin' wah right? You'll all be crying soon enough you fools.

FORD
11-04-2004, 10:10 AM
Sieg Oil!

fanofdave
11-04-2004, 10:19 AM
it seems the paper industry is the front winner
from the election. kleenex has been flying off
the shelves as whiny democrats continue to cry
and sob like a bunch of babies.

fanofdave
11-04-2004, 10:20 AM
KERRY/EDWARDS 2004
THE STENCH OF CAMPAIGN FAILURE

ODShowtime
11-04-2004, 11:06 AM
I love how fools like you get vindicated. This is crazy world.

aesop
11-04-2004, 11:45 AM
Who the hell is Jamie Foxer?

Big Train
11-04-2004, 12:17 PM
WE ALL GET VINDICATED. OD, this isn't a "we are right, you are wrong" thing. This is a thing the majority of the people just don't agree with you on. Why people get all bent I don't get. People in general get way to emotional about these things.

This article is kinda comical to me. Nobody ever talks about liberal fear mongering. The "draft is coming back, people" and "If you elect W, we WILL be attacked again" sort of fear mongering is just as potent as anything you can accuse the President's people of. Liberals wanting to pack up and leave the country is the height of fear mongering and it is sad. If you are in a Western country, you are a target.

There is no isolationist option...

ODShowtime
11-04-2004, 12:25 PM
tis my lot in life now. oh well

FORD
11-04-2004, 12:30 PM
The option - the ONLY logical option at this point - is to tell Israel to fuck off and die until they renounce the Likud party and their fascist policies. If Junior would fire every last PNAC'er/Likud spy from his cabinet, I'd actually consider giving the Idiot the benefit of the doubt.

But we all know none of that will ever happen.

ELVIS
11-04-2004, 12:33 PM
You never know...;)

FORD
11-04-2004, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
You never know...;)

PNAC **is** his entire cabinet except for Asscrotch and Powell, and right now, those two are the ones most likely to quit.

Nickdfresh
11-04-2004, 12:46 PM
It's almost a done deal for Powell. He's getting tired of saying I told you so. Meanwhile Rummy will gainlessly employed for at least the time being.

ODShowtime
11-04-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Big Train
Why people get all bent I don't get. People in general get way to emotional about these things.

I seriously believe my way of life is going to be seriously degraded in the near term future. And w/ bush and the supreme court... a huge part of my lifestyle will never be legal in my lifetime. god damn you bush god damn you to hell along with all your mindless supporters.

we're fucked(TM) :)

Warham
11-04-2004, 02:10 PM
Fear is not the reason people voted for Bush, so that article is flawed from the first sentence.

I think Jamie Foxer needs a tissue.

ODShowtime
11-04-2004, 02:21 PM
I think you need to shut the fuck up about your goddamn tissues. Proof that gw&friends have hoodwinked half the country is no reason for us to stop discourse.

Warham
11-04-2004, 02:29 PM
Bush did not hoodwink me or the 51% of the electorate who voted for him. We know perfectly well what has happened in the last four years, and fear is NOT the reason I or any of those 59 million voted for the man. Stop with the conspiracy crap and find out the real reasons why Bush won, or I'll tell you why Kerry lost if you want.

ODShowtime
11-04-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Warham
Bush did not hoodwink me or the 51% of the electorate who voted for him. We know perfectly well what has happened in the last four years, and fear is NOT the reason I or any of those 59 million voted for the man. Stop with the conspiracy crap and find out the real reasons why Bush won, or I'll tell you why Kerry lost if you want.

There's no conspiracy Warham, except to defraud the public. The electorate's ignorance is documented as well as such a fact could be:

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12094

I know Kerry was no Kennedy.

You'll never understand until it's too late. I envy you really. I'm either dead wrong or going insane. It's not pretty.

Warham
11-04-2004, 03:23 PM
I believe that Saddam did have WMD programs. Why the FUCK would Saddam be bribing the UN Security Council if he didn't??? We the hell did the media get their panties in a wad about the stash of 300 tons of explosives if Saddam didn't have lots of WMDs???

I believe that the fucker was trying to pay off the UN to keep the sanctions off, and hope that the UN would veto any actions by the US to cause Iraq to 'disarm or face serious consequences'.

Kerry, in all his wisdom, wanted to go to our 'friends' in the UN to try to work out something so that they would help us in Iraq. Help us?? They wanted to keep the paychecks coming in from Iraq. Why the hell would they help us now, after Bush cut off the moneytrail?

So, yeah, I do believe Hussein was up to no good. Sue me.

He was definately a part in causing the instability in the Middle East to get worse, and I for one, am glad he was removed.

BrownSound1
11-04-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
I seriously believe my way of life is going to be seriously degraded in the near term future. And w/ bush and the supreme court... a huge part of my lifestyle will never be legal in my lifetime. god damn you bush god damn you to hell along with all your mindless supporters.

we're fucked(TM) :)

Your way of life degraded? Why is that? Are you married to a man?

I hate to tell you folks, but 98% of the way you live is entirely in your own hands, not the government. Opportunity is ALWAYS there if you know what to do when it comes around.

ODShowtime
11-04-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Brownsound1
Your way of life degraded? Why is that? Are you married to a man?

In reference to my lifestyle, that's not what I meant but I was waiting for someone to say it. The war on drugs.

When I say my way of life will be degraded, it's because of the terrible wars this asshole will start. They'll destroy the economy and hence my plan to live a rich comfortable life. We haven't flanked Iran and Syria for nothing.

I'll get it over it in a couple of days once my expectations of a raional government in my youth die down. It wouldn't be so bad if gw wasn't in a position to appoint judges that will be making decisions I'm at odds with until I'm in my forties. This is such bullshit.

Cathedral
11-04-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
In reference to my lifestyle, that's not what I meant but I was waiting for someone to say it. The war on drugs.

When I say my way of life will be degraded, it's because of the terrible wars this asshole will start. They'll destroy the economy and hence my plan to live a rich comfortable life. We haven't flanked Iran and Syria for nothing.

I'll get it over it in a couple of days once my expectations of a raional government in my youth die down. It wouldn't be so bad if gw wasn't in a position to appoint judges that will be making decisions I'm at odds with until I'm in my forties. This is such bullshit.

Oh, i see now, you're selfish.
All i saw in that response was "Me, Me, Me, Me"..."What will my country do for me so i don't have to do anything for it?".

It's ok if we are weak on defense as long as YOUR life isn't involved, or you drug habit doesn't suffer?

And as for the Judges...Who the fuck do you think appointed the judges that write law instead of interpret it? Democrats, Baby!
Whats worse is how the Democrats refuse to reign in those out of control fucks that are ripping the Constitution to shreds.

You're not crazy, you're ignorant and blind to the facts reality has set before you.

ODShowtime
11-04-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Oh, i see now, you're selfish.
All i saw in that response was "Me, Me, Me, Me"..."What will my country do for me so i don't have to do anything for it?".

It's ok if we are weak on defense as long as YOUR life isn't involved, or you drug habit doesn't suffer?

And as for the Judges...Who the fuck do you think appointed the judges that write law instead of interpret it? Democrats, Baby!
Whats worse is how the Democrats refuse to reign in those out of control fucks that are ripping the Constitution to shreds.

Thanks for taking every point to the worst degree.

1. We're all selfish and we all vote in our best interests. I can be kidnapped and fined for things I do in the privacy of my own home that affect no one. If you don't see a problem with that it's because you use selective judgement. Now that will never change during the useful part of my lifetime and god damn right I'm bitter about it.

2. We wouldn't be weak on defense with Kerry. And we're gonna find out the consequences of over confidence real soon my warmongering friend. I care deeply about the thousands of people who will die by gw's hands.

3. I don't agree with a lot of the results of "legislating from the bench" regardless of who it is, but conservative judgements these people want do nothing except retard freedom, which is bullshit.

4. you shouldn't judge me or call me ignorant cause you don't have a leg to stand on. the funny thing was when you pulled your head out of your ass for about 5 minutes last week.

wraytw
11-04-2004, 09:18 PM
Hyperbole is so productive, eh OD?

John Ashcroft
11-04-2004, 09:33 PM
I don't know, I've been having a wonderfully bright day...

So has most of the American public.

It's just you whiny little bitch liberals who are smarter than everyone else that are having a "dark" day. Is your day dark because you're realizing that you've been full of shit from day one, or is it dark because you've realized the public is on to you?

Warham
11-04-2004, 09:37 PM
It was just another day, except for a few souls here.

BIG GOOSE
11-04-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by FORD
The option - the ONLY logical option at this point - is to tell Israel to fuck off and die until they renounce the Likud party and their fascist policies. If Junior would fire every last PNAC'er/Likud spy from his cabinet, I'd actually consider giving the Idiot the benefit of the doubt.

But we all know none of that will ever happen.

Ain't that the truth !!

ODShowtime
11-05-2004, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft
I don't know, I've been having a wonderfully bright day...

So has most of the American public.

sure... nothings wrong. half the people in the US are going absolutely crazy right now. We have no idea what's going on.:D ;) :D ;) :D

Coyote
11-05-2004, 11:12 AM
http://www.the-whiteboard.com/autowb382.gif