PDA

View Full Version : To all Republicans: my concession speech

Mezro
11-04-2004, 03:40 PM
I wanted to congratulate all the Republican members of the Roth Army. I'm sure it feels wonderful to have President Bush win the election.

Please understand that many of the Kerry supporters (myself included) feel shocked, left behind and are deeply disappointed.

When I looked at the sea of red on the election map a realization occured: the way I think and feel does not represent the majority of Americans. It hit me hard.

Many of us question the Bush Administration not because we are wackos but because we really have a love for this country and do want the world to be a better place. We just don't think things are heading in the right direction.

The American people want President Bush and I accept that. I wish him the best of luck in healing our country and not further dividing us.

Mezro...and so we move forward towards the great unknown...

bueno bob
11-04-2004, 03:47 PM
Amen brother - the Kerry supporters on this board could use a lot more people like yourself. And hopefully myself, because I said about the same yesterday, although yesterday was NOT a good day to get people to listen :)

ODShowtime
11-04-2004, 03:56 PM
give me a couple days and I think I'll be alright

jhale667
11-04-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Mezro

Please understand that many of the Kerry supporters (myself included) feel shocked, left behind and are deeply disappointed.

When I looked at the sea of red on the election map a realization occured: the way I think and feel does not represent the majority of Americans. It hit me hard.

Many of us question the Bush Administration not because we are wackos but because we really have a love for this country and do want the world to be a better place. We just don't think things are heading in the right direction.

The American people want President Bush and I accept that. I wish him the best of luck in healing our country and not further dividing us.

Amen. Great post. Time to move past the election. I think we all want what's best for the country, even if we don't all agree.

Figs
11-04-2004, 04:33 PM
Remember, there is no "I" in "Team America"

Switch84
11-04-2004, 04:35 PM
:) This Republican accepts your concession post, Mez Baby! Some folks need to realize that alot of Americans don't want an amoral Hollywood-style country. I wasn't too happy with Clinton, either, but he was my President, too and I accepted that. I hope more of the libs here and across this great land of ours will be as accepting of President Bush, because (like it or not), HE IS YOUR PRESIDENT.

Warham
11-04-2004, 04:37 PM
Great post, Mez!

Fabulous! :D

aesop
11-04-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Mezro
I wanted to congratulate all the Republican members of the Roth Army. I'm sure it feels wonderful to have President Bush win the election.

What a great post, man. I respect that. I mean, it's fun to talk trash now and again, but I don't think anyone here (with a few exceptions that shall remain anonymous -you know who you are) wishes anything but the best for the UNITED States of America and her citizens! :gulp:

BrownSound1
11-04-2004, 05:17 PM
Mezro, that was a great post. I think we all want America to be a better place...it's just that we have two different idealogies on how to accomplish that goal. Hell, if everyone thought the same, then we wouldn't need to have elections in the first place.

thepunisher
11-04-2004, 05:38 PM
Great post 5 stars for you bud.
We all love this country.

Nickdfresh
11-04-2004, 05:55 PM
I hate conceding. But I think Mezro sums up my thoughts very articulately. Time, and a significant amount of beer has blunted the sting of defeat. I truly hope Bush lives up to his acceptance speech and remembers that though he scored over 50% of the popular vote, he still won by only 4 million votes and that nearly half the country wants him to at least moderate his policies and not be quite as cavalier. Also, for the love of God please do not pander to the religious right-pun intended.

DLR'sCock
11-04-2004, 07:01 PM
I truly do hope for the best for this country and the best for the world and all of mankind, but it looks so dark outside, I hope that I am so wrong....

I really do...

BigBadBrian
11-04-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by DLR'sCock
I truly do hope for the best for this country and the best for the world and all of mankind, but it looks so dark outside, I hope that I am so wrong....

I really do...

It'd be alot brighter if you opened the shades! :D

Steve Savicki
11-05-2004, 05:06 PM
Mez,

Thanks for posting; you've kinda calmed me down.
Yes, I am not pleased with the results, but if Kerry conceded, it was his choice and decision to do so.

I think this shock is like a death of a spouse. First the denial phase, in this case, thinking that Kerry won and Bush lost, which is usually followed by a burst of anger- but ALL of us will be living under Bush regardless... those that voted against him have the pride of doing so... those that voted for him will live with the choice they made.

Cathedral
11-05-2004, 05:25 PM
In order for two sides to unite, they have to come together to get a good fit.
A one sided effort results in a weak bond.

I see the two party's like a piece of broken pottery. add a few drops of glue, press pieces together, hold for 15 seconds.

We could end this kind of bullshit by grooming our politicians from the ground up. then maybe we would have some to choose from that can legitimately govern both major party's with equal representation.

Vote in all of your elections and eventually the right candidate for everyone will appear. I used to believe that, it would be nice if i could again, someday.

Great Post, Mez!

Ally_Kat
11-05-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Amen brother - the Kerry supporters on this board could use a lot more people like yourself.

Not to mention the country.

Mezro
11-05-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki
Mez,

Thanks for posting; you've kinda calmed me down.
Yes, I am not pleased with the results, but if Kerry conceded, it was his choice and decision to do so.

John Kerry conceded with dignity and so should all of his supporters. Kicking and screaming will not change the results of the election.

We all need to work together for a better future and I'm sure President Bush understands this as well.

Mezro...hang in there Steve...things will all work out...