View Full Version : Purchasers of Estaban guitars want the man thrown in jail

Nitro Express
11-04-2004, 10:37 PM
--Here's one of simular reviews:

Price Paid: US $150.00
Purchased from: N/A
Home Shopping Network

Features: 1
I can't find any features worth talking about. Its a piece of junk. The strings are almost an inch above the fretboard, some of the frets came loose and fell off. It feels like balsa wood, I like to call it ratwood. The finish is crappy. It looks like a 3 year old assembled it.

Sound: 1
Sound horrible, doesn't stay in tune at all.

Action, Fit, & Finish: 1
Fit and finish stink. The neck is all warped and twisted. Esteban ought to be forced to play one of these crappy guitars at his next concert.

Reliability/Durability: 1
Not reliable at all.

Customer Support: 1
Forget it, they just give you the runaround.

Overall Rating: 1
I've been playing for 35 years on and off, mostly for my own enjoyment. The Kent guitar I bought in 1967 for 10 dollars could run rings around this one. I put the thing in the gigbag, then took it out to sell at a garage sale and it was in pieces, the neck came off and all the glue came loose, it looked like a guitar kit when I opened, so I just threw the damn thing out. I went solely by that Esteban dude on HSN and thought it had to be a good guitar. This guy should be in jail.

Submitted by Jerry Stahl at 06/26/2004 18:39

--Maybe the redhead on the infomercials should fuck a few of the guys who bought the guitars to make up for the shitty workmanship. I guess she and Estaban just fucked them over. Next time spend the $150 on a whore or some pot.

BrownSound1
11-06-2004, 03:25 AM
What the fuck did they expect buying a guitar off of HSN? I mean come on now.

diamond den™
11-06-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
--Here's one of simular reviews:

Price Paid: US $150.00
Purchased from: N/A
Home Shopping Network

Features: 1
I can't find any features worth talking about. Its a piece of junk. The strings are almost an inch above the fretboard, some of the frets came loose and fell off. It feels like balsa wood, I like to call it ratwood. The finish is crappy. It looks like a 3 year old assembled it.

Sound: 1
Sound horrible, doesn't stay in tune at all.

Action, Fit, & Finish: 1
Fit and finish stink. The neck is all warped and twisted. Esteban ought to be forced to play one of these crappy guitars at his next concert.

Reliability/Durability: 1
Not reliable at all.

Customer Support: 1
Forget it, they just give you the runaround.

Overall Rating: 1
I've been playing for 35 years on and off, mostly for my own enjoyment. The Kent guitar I bought in 1967 for 10 dollars could run rings around this one. I put the thing in the gigbag, then took it out to sell at a garage sale and it was in pieces, the neck came off and all the glue came loose, it looked like a guitar kit when I opened, so I just threw the damn thing out. I went solely by that Esteban dude on HSN and thought it had to be a good guitar. This guy should be in jail.

Submitted by Jerry Stahl at 06/26/2004 18:39

--Maybe the redhead on the infomercials should fuck a few of the guys who bought the guitars to make up for the shitty workmanship. I guess she and Estaban just fucked them over. Next time spend the $150 on a whore or some pot. \

Esteban rocks, man. If everyone listened to Esteban there'dd be WORLD PEACE :)

http://www.paradiseartists.com/pages/roster/esteban.html

:)

Big Troubles
11-06-2004, 06:55 PM
LOL My nephew bought one just last month and says he loves it. I guess its just a matter of time before it falls apart too? :D 3 easy payments of $33 a month! LMAO Oh well.

Brett
11-08-2004, 05:59 PM
Actually I think it's 3 payments of $67!

Fabulous Shadow
11-08-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Brownsound1
What the fuck did they expect buying a guitar off of HSN? I mean come on now.

I was gonna say, who'd but one of these anyway???

scottydabodi
11-08-2004, 11:10 PM
The ESTEBAN Guitar a piece of junk?!?!?!! No way, man!! I don't believe it... Esteban wouldn't lie to us!!

manwiththedogs
11-09-2004, 01:09 AM
My drummer actually bought one of these (thought he was getting a deal, lol) and brought it to that weekends gig, complete and utter junk, feeding back like crazy even at the lowest possible level, piss poor action and the worst intonation/setup I`ve ever seen. He wants his money back, but has been getting the runaround from...ahem..."Customer Service" ever since.

ZahZoo
11-11-2004, 01:34 PM
LOL... It's a guitar designed for drummers... LMAO!!!

jackassrock
11-13-2004, 12:50 PM
yeah, my stepdad bought one too. Last time we toured through NY I was at my moms house and he busts out this Estiban guitar and asks me to check it out for him. I had to keep a straight face and tell him it was "cool".

It can't be any worse than those Paul Stanley Silvertones and Dimebag Washburns that they sell at Media Play though.

LoungeMachine
11-13-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by diamond den™
\

Esteban rocks, man. If everyone listened to Esteban there'dd be WORLD PEACE :)

http://www.paradiseartists.com/pages/roster/esteban.html

:)

Once again you prove your uncanny knack at being UNABLE to grasp the subject at hand.

Fuck you're a moron.

seriously.

LoungeMachine
11-13-2004, 01:25 PM
GOD DAMMIT

Diamond Den, MY APOLOGIES

I fucked up and thought you were someone else.

Ive been having a pissing match with a newbie in here named denny.

I'm sorry.

Please disregard.

Too quick on the trigger for my own good sometimes.

GAR
11-13-2004, 07:23 PM
So-called “Guitar legend” Esteban was stripped of his legendary status this week when it was discovered that he is an entirely fictional character created specifically to sell pressboard guitars in infomercials.

Allan Holdsworth, guitar legend and president of “Real Guitar Legends For Truth” released a statement on Monday calling for the immediate cessation of all applications of the appellation “Guitar legend” to the television character known as “Esteban”. According to the statement, “Esteban is a fictional character created by L.A. session guitarist Dan Fernaueu

http://www.doney.net/aroundaz/celebrity/DA_esteban.jpg

for the express purpose of marketing a cheap, poorly constructed guitar-like instrument on the Home Shopping Channel.”

The scandal intensified when the Recording Academy revealed that claims that “Esteban” had won “several Grammys” were false.

These charges come on the heels of last month’s statement from the Musical Instrument Manufacturers Association that the “Esteban” guitar could not, in fact, be classified as an actual guitar due to the fact that it is constructed out of reclaimed materials such as discarded telephone directories and medical waste. The MIMA demanded that the instrument be classified as a toy

JCOOK
11-17-2004, 03:10 AM
Anyone who would buy a guitar from "ZORRO THE GAY BLADE"and his red headed lispy whore deserves what they get. Take $200.00 and go to Guitar Center or Sam Asche....Fuck even a pawn shop

Loki
11-17-2004, 06:07 AM
if only yon painted dandy wouldest mass produce a lute, then thine ears wouldest ring with melodious joy. huzzah.

BigBadBrian
11-17-2004, 08:57 AM
Those Esteban commercials crack me up. I can't believe people fall for that crap. :gulp:

Kristy
11-18-2004, 09:19 PM
What? No mention of the "attractive" carrying case that pile of shit instrument comes in?

bueno bob
11-18-2004, 09:36 PM
I GOT MY ESTEBAN GUITAR! YAY!!

Cathedral
11-28-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by ZahZoo
LOL... It's a guitar designed for drummers... LMAO!!!

ROTMFFLMMFAO, That is the funniest damn post i have read in about a year.

Rule #1: Don't buy gear from an infomercial, unless you wish to be branded a "dink".

ELVIS
11-28-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by GAR
So-called “Guitar legend” Esteban was stripped of his legendary status this week when it was discovered that he is an entirely fictional character created specifically to sell pressboard guitars in infomercials.

Allan Holdsworth, guitar legend and president of “Real Guitar Legends For Truth” released a statement on Monday calling for the immediate cessation of all applications of the appellation “Guitar legend” to the television character known as “Esteban”. According to the statement, “Esteban is a fictional character created by L.A. session guitarist Dan Fernaueu

http://www.doney.net/aroundaz/celebrity/DA_esteban.jpg

for the express purpose of marketing a cheap, poorly constructed guitar-like instrument on the Home Shopping Channel.”

The scandal intensified when the Recording Academy revealed that claims that “Esteban” had won “several Grammys” were false.

These charges come on the heels of last month’s statement from the Musical Instrument Manufacturers Association that the “Esteban” guitar could not, in fact, be classified as an actual guitar due to the fact that it is constructed out of reclaimed materials such as discarded telephone directories and medical waste. The MIMA demanded that the instrument be classified as a toy

Hahaha...

The guy can't even play !!

Esteban...:rolleyes:

Cathedral
12-09-2004, 08:31 AM
$149.00 will get you a Fender acoustic that blows that cardboard shit away...and we all know how fun it is to watch cardboard explode.

And I agree, the dude pretty much sucks as a player. I'd lay money that chick in the video plays better than he does, and she doesn't even know how to properly hold a guitar...she's barely attractive enough to keep you from turning the channel as a matter of fact.

Hey, Esteban, Sex sells buddy so tell the bitch to wear a damn skirt for the next taping of Esteban's Rip-off '05!

I've seen model airplanes that are better constructed than that wanna-be guitar.

Brett
12-09-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by JCOOK
Anyone who would buy a guitar from "ZORRO THE GAY BLADE"and his red headed lispy whore deserves what they get. Take $200.00 and go to Guitar Center or Sam Asche....Fuck even a pawn shop

Or just flush it down the toilet. Same difference.

Nitro Express
12-10-2004, 01:50 AM
I still can't turn on the TV without seeing those stupid Esteban comercials. Kinda reminds me of sister Cleo a few years back.