PDA

View Full Version : Yes Confirms 35th Anniversary Tour

ALinChainz
01-30-2004, 05:44 PM
Fri Jan 30, 1:51 PM ET

NASHVILLE (Billboard) - Yes will begin a North American arena tour April 15 in Seattle, featuring the classic lineup of Rick Wakeman (keyboards), Steve Howe (guitar), Jon Anderson (vocals), Alan White (drums) and Chris Squire (bass).

Each date will feature a specially designed set by Roger Dean, the artist responsible for the band's album covers.

The 35th anniversary tour is in support of the just-released "Ultimate Yes" collection (Rhino), a two-CD set of hits and essentials, plus a newly recorded bonus CD with five unreleased tracks, including the new song "Show Me." The set was released in the U.K. last summer, where it debuted at No. 10 on the album chart.

Additionally, the tour also supports the companion DVD release of "Yesspeak," an extensive documentary the band created with Robert Garofalo (Classic Pictures) featuring more than three hours of interview and performance footage.

Here are Yes' tour dates:

April 15: Seattle (Key Arena)

April 16: San Jose, Calif. (HP Pavilion)

April 18: San Diego (Cox Arena)

April 20: Anaheim, Calif. (The Pond)

April 21: Las Vegas (Mandalay Bay)

April 24: Mexico City (Sports Palace)

April 27: Greensboro, N.C. (Greensboro Coliseum)

April 28: Atlanta (Phillips Arena)

April 30: Ft. Lauderdale (Office Depot Center)

May 1: Tampa, Fla. (Times Forum)

May 4: Chicago (Allstate Arena)

May 5: Detroit (Palace of Auburn Hills)

May 7: Toronto (Air Canada Center)

May 10: Philadelphia (First Union Center)

May 12: Uncasville, Conn. (Mohegan Sun Arena)

May 13: New York (Madison Square Garden)

May 15: Boston (Tsongas Arena)

Reuters/Billboard

FORD
02-01-2004, 03:47 AM
Alan White actually has lived in Seattle for some time, which is probably why they're kicking off the tour up here. I like the old Yes stuff and i've never seen them live, so this might be worth checking out. Can they still play? Maybe I should search STG to see if they got any recent Yes boots...

FORD
02-01-2004, 03:54 AM
BTW, why is the press release coming from Nashville?? Is there a Yes country album in the works??

Take a stranger stronger course
to the corner of your barn
make the white sheep cum so fast
she hasn't got time to even Baaaaaaa...

twonabomber
02-01-2004, 05:03 AM
Yes was on the Kilborn show last week...i've got the clip posted over at Von's if you wanna check it out.